The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Show off your costume dyes!

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dye system is absolutely awesome! :D Here's a few pics of my chars.
    0Ip2yOq.png
    EcIIJxE.png
    Ape0vlv.png
    v9mA6fl.png
    The only issue I have is that many colors are too glossy. :(
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on July 12, 2016 2:47PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0Ip2yOq.png
    EcIIJxE.png
    @KoshkaMurka
    Damn the Elven Hero looks much better dyed! Now I wish I had bought it! Ugh! What's the second costume pictured?
    PC/EU DC
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0Ip2yOq.png
    EcIIJxE.png
    @KoshkaMurka
    Damn the Elven Hero looks much better dyed! Now I wish I had bought it! Ugh! What's the second costume pictured?

Yeah, I bought it hoping it will be possible to dye it. ^^ Well, maybe they will re-release it like kitty mounts?
    And second costume is from Nedic pack. They look pretty good dyed, too.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0Ip2yOq.png
    EcIIJxE.png
    @KoshkaMurka

Yeah, I bought it hoping it will be possible to dye it. ^^ Well, maybe they will re-release it like kitty mounts?

Let us pray for their return!
    PC/EU DC
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0Ip2yOq.png
    EcIIJxE.png
    @KoshkaMurka

Let us pray for their return!

Of course. Of course...

For a limited time.

At a premium :wink:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0Ip2yOq.png
    EcIIJxE.png
    @KoshkaMurka

I'm thinking of buying the Nedic Pack on live for that costume. It looks amazing dyed red on my vampire. I don't have pics, unfortunately. I wish the templates on the PTS had more dyes unlocked :/
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To recycle on an old joke I made a couple of years ago...

Wow, a new update comes out, and everybody dyes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82ANkjVEpYk

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now I really dont regret spending 2k crowns on the AD hero costume:

1e89ie.jpg

2va1kyd.jpg
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on July 13, 2016 7:04AM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I really dont regret spending 2k crowns on the AD hero costume:

1e89ie.jpg

Whyyyy didn't I buy thaaat! :'(:o
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »

Many people decided it looked crap just because it didnt have a cape and didnt show some thigh skin on the females like the armor from the trailer.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on July 12, 2016 10:05PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Many people decided it looked crap just because it didnt have a cape and didnt show some thigh skin on the females like the armor from the trailer.

I think expecting a cape in a game with no capes is kinda setting yourself up for disappointment. I also actually think the costume looks better with the thighs covered, and it looks a little closer to the male version.

Regardless, that outfit takes dyes really well. I wish I had taken a few pictures before the PTS was wiped x_x
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • E-Zekiel
    E-Zekiel
    ✭✭✭
    Can you dye the costumes piece by piece (aka like helmet, chest, pants) or is it a universal pre-set pallet, where say dying a certain part of the chest also dies corresponding pieces of the entire outfit?

Hoping it's the former, because the strange way some leathers dye can be offputting and often impacts my coordination.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    E-Zekiel wrote: »
    is it a universal pre-set pallet, where say dying a certain part of the chest also dies corresponding pieces of the entire outfit?

Yes.
    It dyes across the whole outfit in a way, but the areas each dye applies in seem really good so far.
    Edited by Pheefs on July 12, 2016 11:13PM
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Regardless, that outfit takes dyes really well. I wish I had taken a few pictures before the PTS was wiped x_x

It does indeed. The Nord hero armor however doesnt benefit much from dyeing - it still looks meh. I wonder what the Breton one will be like.

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    0Ip2yOq.png
    EcIIJxE.png
    @KoshkaMurka

I'm thinking of buying the Nedic Pack on live for that costume. It looks amazing dyed red on my vampire. I don't have pics, unfortunately. I wish the templates on the PTS had more dyes unlocked :/

Nedic pack is the best. Look at the back of the legs of the sleeveless no skirt one, how they lace up is awesome.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    0Ip2yOq.png
    EcIIJxE.png
    @KoshkaMurka

Nedic pack is the best. Look at the back of the legs of the sleeveless no skirt one, how they lace up is awesome.

The nedic pack is nice, except the HUGE floating hip guards...
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread needs LOTS more pictures!

Show off your creations!
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I made an image to share and figured this could be a great thread! Take some pictures of costumes you have used dye on and show them off! Bonus points if you have a pic of the original for easy comparison.

the only reason i never bought it was cause i couldnt stant the color combo.... if only i'd had your forsight!
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    0Ip2yOq.png
    EcIIJxE.png
    @KoshkaMurka

Where? I don't have that issue on the one I wear.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    This thread needs LOTS more pictures!

Show off your creations!

This. More pictures please!

I don't have PTS installed.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit will share with you her favourite photo of the week so far.

This one thinks though that the terrible clipping on this dress could easily be solved by cutting the number of dangling coins at the front down to three.

Khajiit is also disappointed that it seems there will be no fix for the lovely coin suit of the dancing belly. This is the favourite outfit of this one but on the Redguard apprentice who would most like to use it her chest it looks like the large keg of ale.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

27965713780_b7309b155f_z.jpg
    Santie Claws drunk in Daggerfall at the usual place
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they all look good in cold harbour black
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    0Ip2yOq.png
    EcIIJxE.png
    @KoshkaMurka

Where? I don't have that issue on the one I wear.

https://youtu.be/7qa79cCOEm8

https://youtu.be/7F84igLdfis
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/EU DC
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Floating pieces of motifs and costumes are quite common now. They seem to have addressed it in Abah's Watch Motif but need to look at everything.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It does indeed. The Nord hero armor however doesnt benefit much from dyeing - it still looks meh.

I guess there is a way to make it work:

2w1s6mq.jpg

• Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does indeed. The Nord hero armor however doesnt benefit much from dyeing - it still looks meh.

I guess there is a way to make it work:

2w1s6mq.jpg

Ok, I'll admit that's not bad :)
    PC/EU DC
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    qZuOZpN.jpg

Khajiit is most fashionable. Other emperors would be jealous.

That color is exactly what i wanted to do. Stealth overlord kind of look.

damn, that mount looks awesome!! could you please post a picture showing how it looks when you mount it?
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need these dyes in my life, like right naow!
  • Knaxia
    Knaxia
    ✭✭✭
    Can't make a full version due to NA characters being removed (so I lost most of my Dyes) , but here's the look of my argonian once update 11 hits live:

8PIl4fp.jpg