The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bound Armor Feedback

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm not a fan of the armaments at all. Can we please make them the same and just change the hue?
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Can you change bound armor to count as a "pet" for necropotence pretty please :blush:

And also that 8% health boost passive please :blush:
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    As much as I like the visuals for bound aegis ( I didn't expect to.... but that looks really nice)... it actually frustrates me that time has gone into this change rather than doing anything useful with any of the class skills

Couldn't agree more. My current suggestions for Aegis and Armaments:
    • Make Bound Armor and Morphs count as a Summon as it is in the Summoner Tree
    • Swap the Health Bonus in Expert Summoner with the Magika Bonus in Bound Aegis. Bound Aegis should be a tanking skill and all pets scale from Magika. This set up simply makes more sense.
    • Bound Aegis active is a HoT.
    • Bound Armaments active empowers your weapon causing its light and heavy attacks to cause either Magic or Physical damage depending on your greater resource pool.

Those changes coupled with Dark Exchange being transformed into a Spammable with a ranged stamina morph that regains a portion of the damamge done as magika and a melee magika morph that regains part of the damage dealt as stamina would create the most absurd and entertaining builds ever.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CasNation wrote: »
    Can you change bound armor to count as a "pet" for necropotence pretty please :blush:

i believe it already works for the 8% hp :p
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

That's a negative, chief.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    dsalter wrote: »

That's a negative, chief.

really? i notice when i unslot mine i drop some hp, odd, maybe it's some character based?
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree about Bound Armaments, the new visual is too extreme and distracting... the devs LISTENED when it came to animation feedback about Sorc's Hurricane, hopefully they listen about BA as well!!
    Edited by ADarklore on June 30, 2016 9:43PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I agree about Bound Armaments, the new visual is too extreme and distracting... the devs LISTENED when it came to animation feedback about Sorc's Hurricane, hopefully they listen about BA as well!!

not only that but it's purple, they made a point stam sorc should be a faded blue storm colour and by damn they'll stick to it

• Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »
    As much as I like the visuals for bound aegis ( I didn't expect to.... but that looks really nice)... it actually frustrates me that time has gone into this change rather than doing anything useful with any of the class skills

• Swap the Health Bonus in Expert Summoner with the Magika Bonus in Bound Aegis. Bound Aegis should be a tanking skill and all pets scale from Magika. This set up simply makes more sense.

Regardless of our past disagreements, I agree with this part 100%. It would just open up so much more options for sorcs in term of playstyle and gear. It makes more sense for an armor skill to make you tanky - thus gaining the 8% health currently in the summoning passive, and it would make a lot more sense for pets to give you damage, thus giving you the 8% magicka aegis currently provides when summoned..
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »

Regardless of our past disagreements, I agree with this part 100%. It would just open up so much more options for sorcs in term of playstyle and gear. It makes more sense for an armor skill to make you tanky - thus gaining the 8% health currently in the summoning passive, and it would make a lot more sense for pets to give you damage, thus giving you the 8% magicka aegis currently provides when summoned..

But it could also be a big setback for sorcs in raid settings.

Pets still die a lot and eat healing/buffs from grp members.

I´d go with something like the NB passive: Increases max magica by 8% with twilight, familar or bound armor slotted and give bound armor the 8% health. This would open up possibilities in both directions - with our without pets.

Any toggle gives you dmg (as a compensation for still having 3 toggles as classskills - nobody wants them) and bound armor gives health.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I´d go with something like the NB passive: Increases max magica by 8% with twilight, familar or bound armor slotted and give bound armor the 8% health. This would open up possibilities in both directions - with our without pets.

Any toggle gives you dmg (as a compensation for still having 3 toggles as classskills - nobody wants them) and bound armor gives health.

That change would need to be coupled with a few changes to the pets (which by the way do not steal heals anymore. That fixed a really long time ago). They do need to be made tankiers though, or more precisely, they have to have greater health pools than 7-8k health.

On top of that pets need to be properly affected by the Champion system and our passives, which currently they aren't.
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So pets don't take heals from healers? How the hell do stamina tanks get any use of them now?
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you raise a fair point, but pets already die a lot less than they used to due to the reduced amount of AOE damage they take.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news on getting the Bound Armaments effect color changed on this to more blue or at least toned down a bit compared to Bound Aegis?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had a chance to get more time with this and can only say that it is extremely distracting IMO... the whole constant animation moving... makes me wonder how many people will suffer motion sickness from this... staring at their character with this constant fluttering of color like a spastic tornado grooving to the "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack. WHY can't ZOS just leave well enough alone?!? If this is going to stay, how about a darn TOGGLE for those of us who don't care for the visual distraction. As it is now, if this remains, I'll be forced to remove it from my loadout. I like being able to activate BA and have it active permanently, but with these changes that isn't possible, and I don't want to constantly be activating and deactivating just for combat- especially when you're questing and going from combat to combat.
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for a transparent overlay of the original Daedric and Xivkyn armors, similar to the Dragon Aspect shout from TESV.

latest?cb=20130206222603
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    I was hoping for a transparent overlay of the original Daedric and Xivkyn armors, similar to the Dragon Aspect shout from TESV.

latest?cb=20130206222603

now that would be freaking sick. Cool idea
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be cool if Bound Armaments had a dark cloud like smoke effect like you see when activating it on live atm.
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some more pictures of Dragon Aspect.

5507990-1361570612.jpg
    RitesoftheDragon.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    dragon_aspect_d_ria_silvane_by_tflover323-d6gtu41.jpg

The Devs definitely have Skyrim, so they can fire it up and see for themselves, but can't hurt to post more examples.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooo glowing weapons. I would love to see something like evil hunter or siphoning attack but purple on weapons with bound armor.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if bound armourments satys like this i shall have to invest in a new bucket... for the motion sickness!
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Amy way this could be looked at. Alot of people really love the aegis morph visuals. But the stamina version is a but clunky. Could we just have a different hue of the magicka version, maybe a grayish tone like with hurricane or a dark blue or whatever. The armaments is very distracting.

Also PLEASE let it be a non toggle....
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I rather see the bound weapons glow the npcs use when you agro a mage at the mages guild. It was just on the weapons looked cool not clunky and kinda helps reflect the heavy attack bonus
  • AmakarGranaen
    AmakarGranaen
    ✭✭✭
    Aegis is super cool!
    But armaments would would be better off as Skyrim like dragon aspect.
    Cthulhu is coming, look busy
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Armaments looks terrible! Please please change it. I'd prefer no effect to what is there currently.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Idea what people dislike so much about it, its not "awesome" nor "awful". But thats just my opinion^^
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give us a grey toned aegis. It can look windy or just a simple color change. Just not that horrid distracting thing we have on pts. PLEASE
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apply effect to weapons, or as some say give a grey aura...................
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh god, Bound Aegis just won EVERYTHING!
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate the whole changes in general. I am an old school ES fan and loved my mage who could summon daedric weapons bound to him temporarily but the changes and removal of the armor visual spits in the face of that.

I would of been fine if they made it transparent like with skyrim dragon aspect shout as a toggle if people are worried about their armor as a sorcerer.

Personally though the whole ability isn't really that good for the cost of being on all weapon bars to keep up.