The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bound Armor Feedback

• Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What bothers me is that all they are doing is putting a fresh coat of paint on a piece of crap, the only really use is bound armaments for stamina sorcerers, that's it. It isn't worth it for actual sorcerers considering the cost of it being required on both weapon bars to keep up.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol they are needed by magicka sorcs too. If you wanna do the big boy deeps. It a horrid skill, that takes up 2 slots, 3 with OL. And can be had as a nightblade passive. I loathe the skill, it should just be added as a passive and be over with. Charged gives 6℅ Stam and magicka. DONE. change bound armamanets to something that adds to damage for Stam sorcs use this to get 40 percent heavy and increased light and heavy or some thing who cares. But the bound armor having to be slotted everywhere thing is so horrid. It makes the Sorc so BORING and is at the root of most of this classes problems.

You have to have so many toggles that you feel like your just hitting the same 2 buttons. Really magicka sorcs are just spam force pulse till you get frag then back to force pulse. (Yes lay down 2 dots aswell) it kills any kind of fun or creativity with the class. It is hated and despised by so many sorcs.

And instead if changing it or fixing it so it actually adds something a bit more. THEY JUST ADD A FRESH CAN OF PAINT. And even with the neato visuals. THEY THEN MAKE THE STAM VERSION BUTT UGLY INTRUSIVE AND DISTRACTING......

BAHHHHH KILL THE SKILL!!!!!!!!!

@Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digiman wrote: »
    Hate the whole changes in general. I am an old school ES fan and loved my mage who could summon daedric weapons bound to him temporarily but the changes and removal of the armor visual spits in the face of that.

I would of been fine if they made it transparent like with skyrim dragon aspect shout as a toggle if people are worried about their armor as a sorcerer.

Personally though the whole ability isn't really that good for the cost of being on all weapon bars to keep up.

Bound Toggle is actually a horrible ability we are forced into to get a lesser version of a Nightblade passive. That it still doesn't have an active component is sad, but since @Wrobel gave up on balancing classes in this game,e it isn't a surprise.

'Some classes are just better than others'
    - Balance by @Wrobel, 2016
    Edited by Grao on July 16, 2016 9:46AM
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel comments on classes, was just sad. Some are just better than others. Cool cool then delete those other classes. Why even keep the bad ones around?
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back on topic... bound armour visual changes in first person mode are really distracting ans annoying
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still want bound armor removed rather see ots passives consolidated into exsisting skills and replaced. Give the armor passive to hurricane and make it a slotted buff add the heavy attack dmg to critical surge as a slotted bonus. Attach make the passive with the health and stamina passive require nothing slotted so both mag and stamina sorc can use it freely add the max stam and max magic passives of both to storm calling. Then suddenly can removed the lam skill and replace with something active and usable. Make old bound armor into a mages guild skill for the die hards.
  • iRogue32
    iRogue32
    ✭✭✭
    I think the bound armorments visual effect is very underwhelming compared to Aegis.
    Epic Synergy (rip)
    Order of Mundus (rip)
    Crown Store Heroes (rip)
  • Pappa
    Pappa
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit sad there has been no feedback whatsoever from a Dev concerning this change.
    We just got rid of the annoying rotating globe off Mage light only to have as a stam sorc another annoying swirly thing,
    It wasn't asked for and isn't needed, why do mage sorcs get a not as distracting effect and stam sorcs get some ridiculous swirly thing? Just make it the same effect with a different colour or put the effect on the actual Armaments <---- (Did you see what i did there Dev, hint hint)
    *Kiss the goat*
  • iRogue32
    iRogue32
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can we get confirmation that a dev has seen this post?
    Epic Synergy (rip)
    Order of Mundus (rip)
    Crown Store Heroes (rip)
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iRogue32 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can we get confirmation that a dev has seen this post?

Unfortunately, I think you are talking to the walls, my friend, and they don't have ears. ^^;
  • KingShocker
    KingShocker
    ✭✭✭
    Spearblade wrote: »
    Make Bound Armaments DO something upon activation while yer at it, keep passives there if ability is slotted.

The visual swirly effect is a bit "busy." Needs to be slowed down a touch imho.

agree 100%

bound battle axe anyone?
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spearblade wrote: »
    Make Bound Armaments DO something upon activation while yer at it, keep passives there if ability is slotted.

The visual swirly effect is a bit "busy." Needs to be slowed down a touch imho.

+1

Adding a special ability to the BA morphs would make my with toggles overcrowded Sorc bars a bit more active

These could for example be:
    1. Magicka morph: a spammable single target ranged attack that can replace Force Shock to proc Crystal Frags
    2. Magicka morph: a mini variant of the Surge Heal (30% or so of the Power Surge value ?), proccing on crits, giving a mini heal to yourself AND your pets with a 20 sec duration
    3. Stamina morph: a 5% buff on Weapon Damage with a 20 second duration
    4. Stamina morph: a mini variant of the Surge Heal (30% or so of the higher Critical Surge value ?), proccing on crits, giving a mini heal to yourself with a 20 sec duration

It must be possible to think out special abilities on this toggle that are usefull for Sorcs.

Edited by hrothbern on July 19, 2016 10:47PM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bound armaments visuals need to be changed, they are dreadful. They are distracting, have no relevance to the skills effect, and have no inherent visual appeal (ie they're ugly).

As has been discussed many times before they also need an active component. However I disagree with the idea of a mini surge - the ability provided by bound armour activation should not be a replication of any existing class ability.

Logically the following should happen:
    Bound Aegis and Armaments should be usable effectively by either magicka or stamina.

Bound Aegis should provide a max health buff and minor spell / physical resist whilst slotted. When activated it should provide a defensive buff such as protection, vitality or some form of absorption.
    The existing max magicka buff should be a passive that is dependent on having a pet / summons slotted.

Bound Armaments should provide a heavy attack bonus and max stamina. Activation should provide an offensive buff, such as berserk, brutality/sorcery, force.

The reasoning is that this works for both magicka and stamina builds as the max magicka is swapped into a baseline passive (the only reason magicka sorcerers use bound armour). The bound aegis can thus be a tanky ability with an activation that supports survival and armaments can provide an additional offensive buff and support stamina builds with max resources (magicka now get that as a base passive) - and also helps magicka builds slightly (more break free/dodge rolls).

The activation buffs are deliberately not attacks so that they are not resource / cp scaled and hence can be used by either magicka or stamina. Although an alternative would be to make a bound armament attack ability that was different depending on the current weapon held or maximum resource stat (ie a lightning based or physical attack with appropriate cost and scaling).
    Edited by Jar_Ek on July 20, 2016 11:45AM
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    New ish idea make the max stam and magicka a slot bonus and make it grant minor def and spell res buff when activated I guess
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the initial effect of Bound Armaments I don't see any further effects when this ability is active. How do I know for what time it is active and when will be outweared if there is no info on the ability tooltip? Usually I realise the ability is not active by pressing C to active effects. There should be something more, animation one, but tooltip 2-nd.
    Even when active, in active effects this ability has no remaining duration, why?
    vXVTEja.jpg
    rZbvh9p.jpg
    Edited by Gargath on July 21, 2016 11:57PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to reduce the casting cost to like 1k, so that you can actively toggle it and only use it on one bar.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Mataata
    Mataata
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't care for how asymmetrical the effects are for either of them.
    I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
    i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh i like the change, i agree maybe slow ot down however its much better than the armour - i want to see my sets not that horrid look
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    After the initial effect of Bound Armaments I don't see any further effects when this ability is active. How do I know for what time it is active and when will be outweared if there is no info on the ability tooltip? Usually I realise the ability is not active by pressing C to active effects. There should be something more, animation one, but tooltip 2-nd.
    Even when active, in active effects this ability has no remaining duration, why?
    vXVTEja.jpg
    rZbvh9p.jpg

@Gargath ,

In many buffs or effects, there is a visual effect that shows whether a buff or an effect is active.
    If not visible on or around your character, or on the ground, or on your enemy hit, it can be visible on the ability button.

Press your BA button a couple of times and look (only) at the button what happens

I can see on your first screenshot, not the buff overview, that Bound Armor is active and your Clanfear is alive and kicking

Your Bound Armor button becomes more white when BA is active, especially towards the borders of the button.
    Your Clanfear button becomes more purple when your Clanfear is active.

Edited by hrothbern on July 22, 2016 12:04PM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx a lot, now I see what escaped my attention before :D
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Pappa
    Pappa
    ✭✭✭
    Well the patch today is our last chance to have something done about this, lets hope they listened to us *fingers crossed*
    *Kiss the goat*
  • Pappa
    Pappa
    ✭✭✭
    Pappa wrote: »
    Well the patch today is our last chance to have something done about this, lets hope they listened to us *fingers crossed*

*Fingers crossed*
    Oh well, we got the finger instead :(

*Kiss the goat*
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cool visuals but too bad the skill is useless in pvp compared to inner light
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, guess what? Unsurprisingly, they didn't change the visual effect for Bound Armaments.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I now see the visual effect permanently on my character once it's active. Previously I saw it only in few secs after hitting ability's key. So they improved it :).
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy the visual effect will be horrific in first person.
  • BlackWormDisciple
    From what I've seen in this forum, this is disappointing. I understanding wanting to see your gear, but when I hear of a Bound Item, I imagine it looks more like a Bound Weapon in Skyrim. Or something like this:

1359383819_30462-1-1359261086.jpg

Is there a way to use the old effects? And if not, maybe give this option to people?
    Edited by BlackWormDisciple on August 4, 2016 10:28PM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I see now on live I can say I'm also a bit disapointed about the actual effect - Bound Armaments now is a huge animation effect of blue waves of energy, that not only animates around character but, when character is moving, it leaves a long fading markings behind.
    I think this animation is just too extravagant for a single passive effect and unnecessary load to GPU/CPU.
    Due to this I already turn it on/off depending from I'm actually running or fighting.

7WqOXhr.jpg
    xMilUsI.jpg
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bound aegis glowing eyes have a clipping issue on Argonians: the glowing eyes are a glowing ball near the end of the nose, far away from the actual eyes. It might be a beast race issue, haven't tested in on Kajhiit.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get no visual from armaments at all. Really annoying nit knowing if its on or not. Does it expire after a certain amount of hits or time?