The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

The Unofficial Cloak Thread

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Dark flare, all gap closers, light attacks, the guard mages that give you the dot from their lightning attack, seems like channeled beam type attacks such as radiant and lightning heavy attacks. All I can think of right now but im sure there's more

Not all gap closers, the only ones i noticed are ambush and toppling charge.
    Light attacks are weird, i think only meele LA are breaking cloak, but not sure, need to test.
    The *** guards are pain in the ass, is imposible to cloak while the guards are on you
    About channeled attacks haven't noticed anything, i usually cloak the jesus beam.

for guards the only thing you need is a bit of stamina and rapid maneuvers (assault skill line), you run from them and when far enought, cloak and you are safe :)
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've pretty much given up on cloak at this point - not only does ZOS fail to permanently (we've seen plenty of temporary fixes) fix the abundance of bugs associated with it, but they've also made the skill a niche escaping tool with the latest changes to Vigor & Ambush and the ways how they function with cloak.

At this point, I believe cloak (and the stealth gameplay in general) needs a complete revamp to make it more interesting.
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Dark flare, all gap closers, light attacks, the guard mages that give you the dot from their lightning attack, seems like channeled beam type attacks such as radiant and lightning heavy attacks. All I can think of right now but im sure there's more

Not all gap closers, the only ones i noticed are ambush and toppling charge.
    Light attacks are weird, i think only meele LA are breaking cloak, but not sure, need to test.
    The *** guards are pain in the ass, is imposible to cloak while the guards are on you
    About channeled attacks haven't noticed anything, i usually cloak the jesus beam.

When I cloak beam it seems to break the beam but a lot of the times i will immediately be pulled out of cloak.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wrobban @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we please have cloak fixed or revert the change to removed the purge because right now I don't know what ability doesn't bring you out of cloak.Can you guys please fix this.
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is really annoying is the fact that its now (again) 3 months after the latest Cloak "fixes" and still the skill is unreliable (and I'm not talking about the vigor bug that was declared a feature later on). There is mentioning of any fixes in the latest PTS notes so I have assume that we (again) will see no fixes.

If a stealth based gameplay is really wanted then ZOS should really fix this skill (and Mist Cloud as well) or just remove the skill completely and give us poor Nightblades some other defensive/offensive tools.
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure why the dot purge was removed from cloak and turned into a dot suppression thing. I mean , with the way thing work right now , reverting it to a purge would be fastest and most efficient solution to have this skill behave like its supposed to.

I mean this may be because i don't play a dot based build on any of my characters , but i do not see the impact of having a dot purge instead of a suppression effect that does not work properly , most probably due to how it clashes with the mechanics of other skills.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Memnock wrote: »
    I am not sure why the dot purge was removed from cloak and turned into a dot suppression thing. I mean , with the way thing work right now , reverting it to a purge would be fastest and most efficient solution to have this skill behave like its supposed to.

I mean this may be because i don't play a dot based build on any of my characters , but i do not see the impact of having a dot purge instead of a suppression effect that does not work properly , most probably due to how it clashes with the mechanics of other skills.

I agree. The DoT purge was strong yes but its what made the ability function. Half the dots i should be surpressing are breaking cloak it seems.

Instead of removing the purge they could of made it so status effects and debuffs were not purged (armour/healing debuffs etc). Just remove DoTs.

Its whatever at this point. I make it work but its still pretty janky.

Its not like bringing back DoT purge would be op considering how many more abilitys crush cloak users. (Mage Light, Expert Hunter, Hurricane. Every aoe in game. Piercing Mark. Caltrops. Detect pots.)
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on September 28, 2016 4:25PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Memnock wrote: »

I agree. The DoT purge was strong yes but its what made the ability function. Half the dots i should be surpressing are breaking cloak it seems.

Instead of removing the purge they could of made it so status effects and debuffs were not purged (armour/healing debuffs etc). Just remove DoTs.

Its whatever at this point. I make it work but its still pretty janky.

Its not like bringing back DoT purge would be op considering how many more abilitys crush cloak users. (Mage Light, Expert Hunter, Hurricane. Every aoe in game. Piercing Mark. Caltrops. Detect pots.)

Channels, gap closers, ultimates, vigor even though you can cast shields from stealth and basically anything mage guard casts.

Bring back the purge, it's currently making magplar op. Why not balance it a little more, give dragon blood a purge and leave sorcs to spam their shields.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we get a update on this am sure many of us would be willing to post videos of all the things that break cloaks on the live version of the game.
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak definitely needs to be repaired, but regarding the months that have passed without any fix, I don't really believe the future will bring one. Obviously NBs are low-interest for Zenimax.

Imagine sorc shields wouldn't shield in 50% of all cases or BoL wouldn't heal on every second cast while still sucking away the full costs of the cast. Would that be so thoroughly ignored by Zenimax too?
    Edited by visionality on October 3, 2016 11:01PM