Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weapon Dyes - Why Not?

• Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They added Blademaster Mauve for Maelstrom Arena...
    Thtithil-Meht-front-view.jpg
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
    Options
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We shouldn't have weapon dyeing because people who enjoy their choice own of colour in their own space that I don't like ruins my immersion or something.

muh precious immersionz
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS needs to consider removing crafting by tiers so that weapons can be colored by the material. That brings about not just weapon dye but artwork and color options.

Something to consider
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont see what the heated internal arguing could possibly be about, other than maybe they dont want to spend the time/resources to do it. It used to be argued that it was about immersion, who wants pink swords... well everything else can be colored ridiculously.

Just look at some of the newer styles of armor.. Dro Mathra, the new HallowJack stuff... they make these neon lit freakin armors but we cant color our weapons?! Yeah, sorry they through the immersion argument out the window lol!

Personally I would be happy with just normal variations of tempers. Different shades of silver/gray/gold/ect, not a fan of all of my weapons being red, not everything matches red ya know.

It IS time for this to happen.

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KICHZY wrote: »
    The last thing I want is to see is players running about with bright multi colored weapons. Some people's armor is bad enough. I understand I'll be outnumbered here but it's just the way I feel about the topic...No hard feelings. I just really like the existing color palette that gets used for when making weapons, armor and fashion, It seems natural and fits with the world we play in.

A fully neon colored knight with duel wielding pink swords just doesn't appeal to me lol

@KICHZY: We already have that... since certain rubedite weapons look pink rather than red in most lighting conditions. Add the Dro-m'athra style or the upcoming Hollowjack style and you're in for some eye cancer.
    Weapon dyes are desperately needed, so we don't have to run with the horrible rubedite weapons. Sure, some people will use horrible ugly colours, but the vast majority just wants to be able to have somewhat realic weapons.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Did they say what aspects of it they're debating? I know one of Guild Wars 2's developers recently explained on their forum (in detail that went way over my head) that they aren't able to add the ability to dye weapons because "behind the scenes" they're designed completely differently to armour and they'd have to change the entire way they're designed and built (and then train everyone to use the new system) to change it.

I don't accept the "we don't want people having pink swords" argument. Or rather I don't think it's anywhere near as big a problem as some people make out. People said exactly the same thing when they added the ability to dye armour, and again when they included costumes. And yet I've seen very few people with hot pink armour in-game (and the ones that do have it on characters who look like they would choose it) or random clashing rainbow colours or whatever else people are afraid of.

Most people seem to make an effort to make their armour look good, and that usually includes making it reasonably realistic. They just give the whole set an overall 'theme', for example making it all shades of green with gold trim or blue and purple instead of having to stick with whatever colour it happens to be even if it doesn't suit the character at all.

Edit: On a related note if you think letting ZOS pick colour schemes for us is a safe bet to protect against crazy combinations (in spite of rubidite) have a look at the dye stamps available on crown store. (Particularly 'Vibrant Mid Year Hues', 'Grape and Garden' and 'Purple and Dignity'.)
      Edited by Danikat on September 11, 2016 9:00PM
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
      Options
    • GhostwalkerLD
      GhostwalkerLD
      ✭✭✭✭
      As pointed out by others, they said the same thing about dyeing armor and dyeing shields before allowing us to do it. They're just dragging their feet about this as always, and all because of some BS argument about 'ridiculous colors' (which they already force on us with rubedite weapons anyway, this lipstick red monstrosity), or "combat info"/knowing what someone else has equipped .... well guess what, if someone is CP160+, I think it's safe to say that they aren't running at me with level 1 IRON weapons. And if they were, well I would just be pleasantly surprised when they were hitting me with all the fury of a mosquito in poor health.

Give us weapon dyeing, ZOS! GIVE IT NAO!
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      Options
    • Bouldercleave
      Bouldercleave
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      If they are really worried about 'ridiculous colors', why are there so many of them already for armor?

If they were really worried, just have 10 or so colors, all metal. Copper, tin, steel, ect.

It's not really that hard. You don't want us having pink weapons? Don't make it one of the choices.
      Options
    • Kyriineas
      Kyriineas
      Soul Shriven
      I just recently posted about this over on r/elderscrollsonline and the thread ran much as above. The 'pink batons' argument doesn't hold water when the top tier material is fire-engine red. As above, I reckon more players for whom this is a hot topic want to dye their weapons BACK to realistic metal/leather/wood colors than the reverse.

Given that ZOS caved on dye-able shields, we can only hope that they will get around to implementing dye-able weapons in a future patch.

Soon hopefully.
      Options
    • wolfxspice
      wolfxspice
      ✭✭✭
      i'm tired of seeing bright sword's everywhere, let us the previous material colors or something.
      I'm a casual now
      Options
    • Rykmaar
      Rykmaar
      ✭✭✭
      Having a sword look like a sword isn't too much to ask.

They could limit the "outlandishness" that they seem to be concerned about my having each dye add a tint to a dark metallic base color of the weapon.

We've been at cp160/v16 for ages and pink weapons are one of the biggest annoyances with this game for me. You can dye your armor and shield to get the look you want but you are FORCED to hold a pink weapon.
      Options
    • EvilCroc
      EvilCroc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Until I'll get Altmer-style willpower healing staff at least, I'm forced to use red-gold color scheme on my armor to match dat ruby ash. Not my beloved thalmor black-gold colors. So yes, I need weapon dyeing. I'm starving for it.
      Options
    • PureEnvelope35
      PureEnvelope35
      ✭✭✭✭
      We don't want people waving their pink swords around.

Then what color are half the cp160 swords.....

• Fashion is the true endgame.
      • PC EU
      • EP Astera the Charlatan Stamina Arcanist (PvE)
      • EP Malina the Pure Stamina Warden (PvP)
      • EP Athena the Pure Stamina Dragonknight (PvP)
      • EP Elizabeth the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvP)
      • DC Bonneville the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
      • DC Lyudmila the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvE)
      • DC Breña the Pure Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
      • DC Cirise the Pure Magicka Warden (PvP)
      • DC Melinda the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvP)
      • DC Adeliane the Pure Magicka Templar (PvP)
      • AD Valencia the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
      • AD Do'Nhadir Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
      • AD Xiphias Sword-Like-Comet Stamgicka Warden (PvP)
      • AD Eleanora the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvE)
      Options