The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"The Sting" Nos Stamplar DPS Guide (Summerset ready)

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RazielSR wrote: »
    A question...is blood craze and option for dpsing? That health return is interesting but I guess dps is bad.

That all depends on what you'd like to do. Basically many things are viable, but you will be doing a lot less damage.

The DoT component on Blood Craze is the same damage-wise as Rending Slashes. The only difference between the two is a modestly weaker initial hit. It's lower DPS, of course, but I wouldn't characterize it as "a lot less". A dead DPS, however, does do "a lot less". :)

Really, it comes down to what the situation calls for. If you are soloing or don't have reliable heals, the extra heals from Blood Craze is well worth the modest loss in DPS. Otherwise, you should go with Rending.
    Edited by code65536 on July 30, 2016 11:01PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many thanks for your answers and knowledge. :)

Anytime:)
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    A question...is blood craze and option for dpsing? That health return is interesting but I guess dps is bad.

That all depends on what you'd like to do. Basically many things are viable, but you will be doing a lot less damage.

The DoT component on Blood Craze is the same damage-wise as Rending Slashes. The only difference between the two is a modestly weaker initial hit. It's lower DPS, of course, but I wouldn't characterize it as "a lot less". A dead DPS, however, does do "a lot less". :)

Really, it comes down to what the situation calls for. If you are soloing or don't have reliable heals, the extra heals from Blood Craze is well worth the modest loss in DPS. Otherwise, you should go with Rending.

I should have clarified. What I meant that there are a lot of skills and gear sets that are viable, but will undoubtedly be a dps loss. I wasn't speaking specifically about rending. But speaking specifically about rending that initial hit damage loss when combined with the the fact that rending becomes stronger in execute range will be a dps loss of 1-3%
  • Asata
    Asata
    ✭✭✭
    @hedna123b14_ESO what would be a good leveling build for this setup? When I tried playing around with the bar it was extremely less survivable than a 2-hander (with a full bar of 2-handed skills). This is particularly noticeable somewhere like public dungeons, or zombies in coldharbour, etc. The public dungeon in coldharbour is particularly punishing without the utility of something like brawler.

What I ended up doing for that was full 2-hander skills primary bar then on bow bar I had poison injection, endless hail, power of the light, trap (fighter's guild, w/e it's called), honor the dead. Just put up rally then drop the endless hail on a group then crit rush into them and spam brawler. For bosses it was a bit more involved with poison injection, power of the light, endless hail, swap, crit rush, swap, trap, swap, then wrecking blow & brawler as needed then executioner after down to 50%. Worked well for that, with good survivability all around.

That's the biggest problem I'm having with this setup. Lots of damage but not really much of any defense. Definitely for group play, I figure. Oh and uh, I was trying this at CP100-ish (from ~40-ish) and don't have the alliance war skills yet. I would maybe replace the heal (on my temporary leveling bar) with vigor once it's unlocked. Repentance doesn't seem very useful while fighting bosses since the boss is most assuredly not dead while the heal is needed.

Using a 2-hander doesn't really help in leveling up the remainder of my DW line though. It's around 38-ish. I don't think the blade cloak would really compare to brawler. I really miss the mobility of crit rush too. The templar gap closer is really subpar as it uses magicka. So I dunno. Definitely doesn't really feel like all that comfortable of a bar, for leveling at least. I'll probably bench my Stamplar and level up a NB so I can have ambush on the bar for a closer and killer's blade for a finisher. It'd be more fun for solo play.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asata wrote: »
    @hedna123b14_ESO what would be a good leveling build for this setup? When I tried playing around with the bar it was extremely less survivable than a 2-hander (with a full bar of 2-handed skills). This is particularly noticeable somewhere like public dungeons, or zombies in coldharbour, etc. The public dungeon in coldharbour is particularly punishing without the utility of something like brawler.

What I ended up doing for that was full 2-hander skills primary bar then on bow bar I had poison injection, endless hail, power of the light, trap (fighter's guild, w/e it's called), honor the dead. Just put up rally then drop the endless hail on a group then crit rush into them and spam brawler. For bosses it was a bit more involved with poison injection, power of the light, endless hail, swap, crit rush, swap, trap, swap, then wrecking blow & brawler as needed then executioner after down to 50%. Worked well for that, with good survivability all around.

That's the biggest problem I'm having with this setup. Lots of damage but not really much of any defense. Definitely for group play, I figure. Oh and uh, I was trying this at CP100-ish (from ~40-ish) and don't have the alliance war skills yet. I would maybe replace the heal (on my temporary leveling bar) with vigor once it's unlocked. Repentance doesn't seem very useful while fighting bosses since the boss is most assuredly not dead while the heal is needed.

Using a 2-hander doesn't really help in leveling up the remainder of my DW line though. It's around 38-ish. I don't think the blade cloak would really compare to brawler. I really miss the mobility of crit rush too. The templar gap closer is really subpar as it uses magicka. So I dunno. Definitely doesn't really feel like all that comfortable of a bar, for leveling at least. I'll probably bench my Stamplar and level up a NB so I can have ambush on the bar for a closer and killer's blade for a finisher. It'd be more fun for solo play.

Many of the builds that you'll find on the forums are focused on competitive endgame group play, like trials.

The requirements for a trial are vastly different that what a newcomer would use when soloing. Generally speaking, in this game, solo survivability is almost entirely a function of your capacity to self-heal. And for stamina, that means you need Vigor. The healing morphs of the dual-wield abilities are nice, but you really should get Vigor. It's not that hard--my characters got it after just one (long) night of group PvP.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asata wrote: »

Hey, @code65536 pretty much summed it up. This is an endgame build, do leveling with it may be difficult. I would go dual wield/2h and use rally anytime you're low. I would also stack regen sets, so your resources are better.
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    Hey first off I wanted to say thanks for the help and all the answers, this looks like a very good build. Im a stamplar, right now at 228CP but im having a tough time nailing down what my build will be for endgame. Right now I have 5TBS 4Nightmother (all CP150 with stamina enchants on armor and weapon damage on 2NM daggers) I didnt have the mats to make a 160CP set, but the daggers are both 160CP, I also have a nightmother greatsword CP160 with weapon damage because I LOVE 2H.

I also dont have any good jewelry to speak of, Im having a tough time getting the gold to afford it.

Im running shadow and thief, my weapon damage is bad (1877) and my max jabs crit is about 4.5k, my health is 13.8k and stamina is 26k.

Im starting to get alitle pissed about it so I think Im going to start working towards your build. It looks great, and I dont like the direction mine is headed haha Im an imperial right now is it worth the switch to redguard?

anyway just wanted to say thanks and if you have any tips I would VERY much appreciate them
    Edited by undefeatdgaul on August 22, 2016 6:20PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey first off I wanted to say thanks for the help and all the answers, this looks like a very good build. Im a stamplar, right now at 228CP but im having a tough time nailing down what my build will be for endgame. Right now I have 5TBS 4Nightmother (all CP150 with stamina enchants on armor and weapon damage on 2NM daggers) I didnt have the mats to make a 160CP set, but the daggers are both 160CP, I also have a nightmother greatsword CP160 with weapon damage because I LOVE 2H.

I also dont have any good jewelry to speak of, Im having a tough time getting the gold to afford it.

Im running shadow and thief, my weapon damage is bad (1877) and my max jabs crit is about 4.5k, my health is 13.8k and stamina is 26k.

Im starting to get alitle pissed about it so I think Im going to start working towards your build. It looks great, and I dont like the direction mine is headed haha Im an imperial right now is it worth the switch to redguard?

anyway just wanted to say thanks and if you have any tips I would VERY much appreciate them

Hey sure! One thing is it seems your health and stam pools are a bit low, are you using food?
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭

Hey sure! One thing is it seems your health and stam pools are a bit low, are you using food?

Nope those numbers are with no food.

Thats why I was worried about switching to redguard, my regen and sustain would go up but the stamina pool would go down, do you think its worth it?
    Edited by undefeatdgaul on August 22, 2016 6:53PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats why I was worried about switching to redguard, my regen and sustain would go up but the stamina pool would go down, do you think its worth it?

What race are you now?
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭

What race are you now?

imperial
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What race are you now?

imperial

You should have no changes to your stam pool then.
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭

What race are you now?

imperial

the extra 10% stamina/health/magika I get from being imperial doesnt affect that?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What race are you now?

imperial

the extra 10% stamina/health/magika I get from being imperial doesnt affect that?

Redguards have 10% stam
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭

What race are you now?

imperial

Redguards have 10% stam

hahah ok gotcha sorry Im an idiot so it would just drop my health. how are people getting 17-20k health if they have stam enchants on the armor? Ill be squishy as hell without food!

thanks again btw
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What race are you now?

imperial

Redguards have 10% stam

hahah ok gotcha sorry Im an idiot so it would just drop my health. how are people getting 17-20k health if they have stam enchants on the armor? Ill be squishy as hell without food!

thanks again btw

No problem, food is mandatory for any group content, so you will have to get it.
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭

What race are you now?

imperial

Redguards have 10% stam

thanks again btw

No problem, food is mandatory for any group content, so you will have to get it.

gotcha, what are good numbers to shoot for (unbuffed) as far as weapon damage, stam & health? what are you at with that build?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What race are you now?

imperial

Redguards have 10% stam

thanks again btw

gotcha, what are good numbers to shoot for (unbuffed) as far as weapon damage, stam & health? what are you at with that build?

To be honest I don't know off the top of my head. The meta is based around crit damage, so your stam and weapon damage pools may be low but you will be dealing a lot of damage..
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how do you see the new sets? I think a combo of leviathan/automaton/toothrow...can be better than tbs.

• hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how do you see the new sets? I think a combo of leviathan/automaton/toothrow...can be better than tbs.

Hey, I tested leviathan and automaton. Leviathan. Is pure crap, automaton is looking betterror than TBS. I'll need to do more testing to confirm though. I don't remember tooth throw
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, I tested leviathan and automaton. Leviathan. Is pure crap, automaton is looking betterror than TBS. I'll need to do more testing to confirm though. I don't remember tooth throw

What about 5 automaton/2 selene/6 tooth(jewelry and bow/dw)?

With shadow mundus.
    Edited by RazielSR on September 3, 2016 10:03PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With shadow mundus.

What does tooth do again? Also TBS > automaton
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With shadow mundus.

a69cf4cb2c.jpg

Seems that you wont need thief mundus anymore while wearing this so then automaton will be better than tbs.

Maybe you will lose crit but you gain a lot more with automaton 5 sets.

Dont you think?If you could test it would be great mate.
    Edited by RazielSR on September 4, 2016 9:11AM
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant help but feel major savegery for a 5 piece bonus is waisted considering potion use on cooldown.
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »
    I cant help but feel major savegery for a 5 piece bonus is waisted considering potion use on cooldown.

But then you wont use potion.
    Maybe you waste another best 5 pieces...dunno...you gain 97 weap damage at leas. I hope Hedna will test.

Anyway,will that 5 pieces bonus stack with evil hunter or jabs etc?
    Edited by RazielSR on September 4, 2016 1:03PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With shadow mundus.

a69cf4cb2c.jpg

Seems that you wont need thief mundus anymore while wearing this so then automaton will be better than tbs.

Hey major savagery is something you get from a pot, it is separate from thief. You will always want thief and shadow stones from TBS while VMA weapons are a thing, because of how much their buffs provide. Basically let's say you have 3000 weapon damage and you put on the automaton set and gain 300 weapon damage over what you had before. You just increased your weapon damage by 10%. Now let's say you have 3000 weapon damage and you activate a VMA weapon proc. MaNY of your damage skills now gain 3000 weapon damage, making them hit for an equivalent of 6000 weapon damage. If you add 300 weapon damage to 6000 weapon damage you increase your weapon damage by 5%. See what I mean? The vMA weapons dwarf any static weapon damage increases and favor sets which offer pe4centage based increases.
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With shadow mundus.

a69cf4cb2c.jpg

Hey major savagery is something you get from a pot, it is separate from thief. You will always want thief and shadow stones from TBS while VMA weapons are a thing, because of how much their buffs provide. Basically let's say you have 3000 weapon damage and you put on the automaton set and gain 300 weapon damage over what you had before. You just increased your weapon damage by 10%. Now let's say you have 3000 weapon damage and you activate a VMA weapon proc. MaNY of your damage skills now gain 3000 weapon damage, making them hit for an equivalent of 6000 weapon damage. If you add 300 weapon damage to 6000 weapon damage you increase your weapon damage by 5%. See what I mean? The vMA weapons dwarf any static weapon damage increases and favor sets which offer pe4centage based increases.

Errrmm but what if you dont have vma weapons?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With shadow mundus.

a69cf4cb2c.jpg

Errrmm but what if you dont have vma weapons?

If you don't have VMA weapons then it works out much better for you, but TBS offers around 10% increased damage. The Automaton set is like Sun set but for stamplars/Sorcs. It's a good Solid second choice over TBS.
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if stills being worst than tbs even without VMA weapons then I will stay with TBS.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if stills being worst than tbs even without VMA weapons then I will stay with TBS.

I tested on bloodspawn and with no warhorn Automaton hit for maybe 1.5% harder than TBS, but that would quickly be reversed with Warhorn. Plus you are losing some DPS from Poison injection not being buffed. Also I am about to post an update to this build, which pretty much brings it in line with other stam sorc and stamblade damage wise.