Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

On Sorcs and Implosion

• coyteriarwb17_ESO
    You made the wrong comparison. Why is mages wrath a piece of *** execute compared to radiant destruction? Why does mages wrath do measly damage compared to radiant destruction? When a healing class out does a DPS class it makes me wonder if ZoS know how to balance.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You made the wrong comparison. Why is mages wrath a piece of *** execute compared to radiant destruction? Why does mages wrath do measly damage compared to radiant destruction? When a healing class out does a DPS class it makes me wonder if ZoS know how to balance.

IMO mage's Wrath is what it is and Radiant is what it is because balance for a CLASS is not achieved by looking at any single ability vs any other single ability and making them the same. You seek to myopically isolate not only just two abilities but also to isolate just their damage for balance comparison? Might as well be deciding balance by looking at how many letters in each skill name!

One has an AOE component. one is a DOT. One is a channel. One has a passive chance for big boom in addition to built in boom due to type of damage giving it a sort of double-dip against low health targets.

But you want to just focus on damage?

Also, there are not any HEALER classes or DPS classes.. there are four different classes with the ability to perform a lot of roles well given the right choices and builds.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fine? How on earth is it fine? Please tell me, you actually play sorc and are satisfied with its current state

It's not fine, it's free no skill damage. The only damage applied should be damage thru action, player intervention. 10k damage thru a passive is ridiculous. Most abilities can't do that.
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KramUzibra wrote: »
    Fine? How on earth is it fine? Please tell me, you actually play sorc and are satisfied with its current state

It's not fine, it's free no skill damage. The only damage applied should be damage thru action, player intervention. 10k damage thru a passive is ridiculous. Most abilities can't do that.

:star:July 2016 :star:
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wut? Implosion skyrockets in PvE DPS. A buff would make it far too OP for a passive.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    Well this seems heated, but I love my magsorc- stam sorcs are putting higher vma scores than I, but I can survive and be at least close to on par with the dps they do.

For pve, mag sorc still is just so valuable to have in the group, if they do the right armor, have a ward, and most importantly know the class inside and out.

Stam sorcs are pretty great it's a fact, but no matter what nerfs come our way, I'm happy to play my stam sorc and enjoy the awesome dps of a stam sorc doing vdsa or whatever at my side :)

I say stam sorc on the rise, mag sorc will stay consistent no matter what with creativity and determination to make the build- yet again- stay viable.
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    I was so strongly considering switching to sta, but I think good players like y'all will make whatever build work and work well. The best and the mets fluctuates, the skill levels of good players doesn't :)
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thread necro lol
    Edited by usmcjdking on January 6, 2017 2:07AM
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well its definitely nice to get free 16k dmg ticks but when you have 15% hp left the fight is already over.
  • Kyye
    Kyye
    ✭✭✭
    Stam sorcs passives lacking? Bahahaha
    XBL GT: CWB Hempire
    Bright moons guide your steps.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    never mind had a quick read got it
    Edited by ForsakenSin on January 13, 2017 4:11AM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• datgladiatah
    datgladiatah
    ✭✭✭
    Daedric summoning spells and passives are pretty bad. We should probably talk about that
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to say too much, but I think a critical component of analyzing the class or any class is the perspective from which you play. If you are running a stam sorc in a group right now, you're golden. Everything will look overpowered. But there are critical holes in the class that are far too easily countered. Critical mechanics completely missing that no other class has a problem with.

I do think implosion is a very competitive mechanic in a lot of ways. It's a very practical tactical ability, it offers a lot of benefits. But it's a cheese trade off for real tactical benefits that you need to be able to counter many situations (obviously not all, there are a lot situations and builds that allow you to counter competitively, but there are so so many situations that are simply tactically not worth engaging - and to me that seems contradicting, why play a game where you don't play).
    Edited by Cathexis on January 15, 2017 3:26PM
    Tome of Alteration Magic I - Reality is an Ancient Dwemer Construct: Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps

Tome of Alteration Magic II - The Manual of the Deceiver: A Beginner's Guide to Thieving
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/462509/tome-of-alteration-mastery-ii-the-decievers-manual-thieving-guide-for-new-characters

Ultrawide ESO Adventure Screenshots - 7680 x 1080 Resolution
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/505262/adventures-in-ultra-ultrawide-an-ongoing-series
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I love how this guy compares stam sorcs to other stam classes and goes on to say that THEIR passives suck...

Seriously? Show me which stamplar passives outshine stamsorcs. Show me WHICH EXECUTE STAMPLAR HAS without using reverse slice.

Silly silly q.q'ers
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Lol I love how this guy compares stam sorcs to other stam classes and goes on to say that THEIR passives suck...

Seriously? Show me which stamplar passives outshine stamsorcs. Show me WHICH EXECUTE STAMPLAR HAS without using reverse slice.

Silly silly q.q'ers

Regardless of the fact that I disagree, it's easy to make a winning argument when you confine it to just a handful of elements, without looking at the complete picture. It's like saying sloths are stronger than cheetahs because they have bigger claws.
    Tome of Alteration Magic I - Reality is an Ancient Dwemer Construct: Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps

Tome of Alteration Magic II - The Manual of the Deceiver: A Beginner's Guide to Thieving
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/462509/tome-of-alteration-mastery-ii-the-decievers-manual-thieving-guide-for-new-characters

Ultrawide ESO Adventure Screenshots - 7680 x 1080 Resolution
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/505262/adventures-in-ultra-ultrawide-an-ongoing-series