The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Molag Bal quest bugged...fight won't initiate. (WTF?)

mustang27501_ESO
mustang27501_ESO
Soul Shriven
I am trying to complete the main quest and I get up the the last part to fight Molag Bal. As soon as I go up the stairs he grabs and suspends me in mid air and I get stuck there infinitely unless I relog or quit the game. Relogging does not actually help b/c the same thing happens every time so I am stuck in the quest and have NO WAY to leave the zone or area.

Is this a known issue? Any fix for this?
  • Bombardin
    Bombardin
    ✭✭
    i have the same bug...
  • Voluptificus
    Voluptificus
    ✭✭
    Idem.I sent a ticket yesterday but no response yet. Molag says to sentences, the second is something like "You are less than nothing", then the script stops and I remain in the air, unable to move or accomplish any action but logging out.

As this quest is mandatory for getting ahead in the main story, I suspent my subscription till something will be done.

A word from a GM would be very appreciated.
    Edited by Voluptificus on June 14, 2016 7:50AM
  • TankinatorFR
    TankinatorFR
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem here. Also I found that if I use the help to go back to oratory and then relog and come back immediately, I don't stay stuck when re-entering the area, but nothing happen when entering the event zone. Worked two time, but I will not spend my gold for a third useless atempt.
    Edited by TankinatorFR on June 14, 2016 10:18AM
  • GazettE
    GazettE
    ✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20160614_181628.png

heres the Screenshoot. I have the same problem. please pass it to the developer. its delaying progress

Thank you so much

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AlanG @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_DaryaK
    561+ CP

Sorcerers - Stamina - Magicka - Stormproof

Templar - Magicka - Healer

NightBlade - Magicka - DPS
  • GeneralPardon
    GeneralPardon
    ✭✭✭
    This bug is real. My girlfriend (who isnt on the forums) has the exact same issue. Lifted above ground but no animation that will bring you to Molag Bal.
    She also can't tp out when lifted from the ground.
    CP10+
    nMA nDSA nSO nAA nHRC nMoL nHoF nAS
  • GazettE
    GazettE
    ✭✭✭
    This bug is real. My girlfriend (who isnt on the forums) has the exact same issue. Lifted above ground but no animation that will bring you to Molag Bal.

Does it look like the screenshot that i posted above?

Please look into it ZOS @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    561+ CP

Sorcerers - Stamina - Magicka - Stormproof

Templar - Magicka - Healer

NightBlade - Magicka - DPS
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We're looking into this and will get it fixed as soon as possible, thank you.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • gary.mcleodeb17_ESO
    I wish I'd seen this post before spending a great deal of time trying to sort it out myself, such as relogging, rebooting game, my iMac, (even trying a repair game) a number of times, also thought It might work by choosing to select a different 'companion' x 3 runs (no spoiler!) to no avail. Eventually I submitted a ticket, but I'm glad to see that the matter has been highlighted already and picked up via this forum.

Chilli Chillama of Chillrend.

Language is the source of misunderstandings.
    'The Little Prince'
    Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

“Say to yourself first thing in the morning: I shall meet with people who are meddling, ungrateful, violent, treacherous, envious, and unsociable. They are subject to these faults because of their ignorance of what is good and bad.” Marcus Aurelius.

The grabbing hands
    Grab all they can
    All for themselves after all
    It's a competitive world
    Everything counts in large amounts

Depeche Mode
  • GeneralPardon
    GeneralPardon
    ✭✭✭
    GazettE wrote: »

Does it look like the screenshot that i posted above?

Please look into it ZOS @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Yes
    CP10+
    nMA nDSA nSO nAA nHRC nMoL nHoF nAS
  • DarkonValor
    DarkonValor
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here tonight. My character gets stuck during the animation mid-air and nothing happens. Same as in the screenshot.
  • darkwolftylerb14_ESO
    darkwolftylerb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I may have accidently found a temporary fix. Walk up the stairs to trigger the bug, once its triggered, log out right there. Once you log back in you should be able to run into the area ahead. After running around for a while just looking around, Molag Bal grabbed me again and it allowed me to actually continue with the fight. I don't know if it just worked because I was in the area, or if I triggered the fight by walking somewhere specific. When the fight triggered I was around the top left area of the circle so I guess you could try around there. If not then you probably just have to run around for a little bit and wait for it to trigger.
  • Voluptificus
    Voluptificus
    ✭✭
    It does not work for me, each time I relog I spawn downstairs and entering the zone stuns me for ever again.
    As we spent some hours trying to bypass this ordeal, I suggest that GMs give us this quest (that I passed with two other chars).
    Our progression being stopped, I think this would be a wise decision.
  • Creepsley
    Creepsley
    ✭✭✭
    yea same issue here, now floating in midair and cant continue, well guess its time to log on to my alt then...
  • ForfiniteStories
    ForfiniteStories
    ✭✭✭
    v0qYRhv.jpg

Encountered this bug myself just now. My other character who had completed the same quest just prior didn't have this problem. I find consolation in knowing that I am not the only one who has recently encountered this issue. At first I thought it may have been unique to me and that I was just unlucky.

Filed in-game bug report.

Edited by ForfiniteStories on June 15, 2016 5:46PM
  • mctubbsb14_ESO
    Same here - suspended indefinitely.
  • OnThaLoose
    OnThaLoose
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, levetating indefinitely. Kinda sucks cuz I cant goto the other realms with my toon until it's fixed. Sent ticket, no response yet. Tried different sacrifices, tried waiting 20 min, tried everything I know to try. 2 years after release, they implement a patch that breaks the final stage of the final quest. Lovely.
    Edited by OnThaLoose on June 16, 2016 3:31AM
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of quests are having issues with using E or X as a trigger when prompted with the UI. They fixed the quests with the item-based triggers (or so they said) but it seems to have broken quest related ultimates...
    PC - @Taisynn - NA - CP 268
    Shizuko url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvZa0PPdzAfUv9h_rd8J2vwc1B4NnZGkPL_n4WfgYfs/edit?usp=sharing"]RP Profile[/url - Bosmer - LVL50 - Nightblade 50 Provisioning, 50 Woodworking, 50 Clothing, 50 Alchemy Ebonhart Pact
    Nev'e - Bosmer - LVL 18 - Templar 50 Enchanting Ebonhart Pact

Proud Member of the Guilds:
    Rusty Old Dragons (Trade) | Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) | Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP)
    Spicy Economics (Trade) | The Jackals (RP/EP)
  • H_DE
    H_DE
    Soul Shriven
    so i hope we get info as soon it works again...
  • Kodger
    Kodger
    ✭✭
    Same thing here too.
    I submitted a ticket and no response.

Since this is my first play-through it's a big deal. I feel like I wasted my time and money just to fall flat at the finish line.
    I know there's plenty of other stuff to do, but that isn't the point. The point is...i bought this game to play through the story line and now I can't.

The sad part is that while googling the problem I discovered that this was an issue from 2014.
    I was looking forward to finishing my main story and subbing or buying some DLC and / or crowns. After this I'm afraid to invest any more into it.

I hope they get it sorted out soon. This is one of the few MMO's that I enjoy and don't mind putting in the time.
  • Voluptificus
    Voluptificus
    ✭✭
    You are perfectly right and they are certainly aware that a main quest cannot be stopped like that.
    Let's give them time till next maintenance (Monday for sure);if they think that we do not deserve to play, they will do nothing (/jk).
    This case is an emergency case, I stopped playing since the bug (what for?).

Gentle ZOS_JessicaFolsom, could you throw us a word (once more) ?

All this is unconfortable and disturbing, I am sure you know that.

Thanks GM :)

• Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried rolling and jumping through the trigger area. Neither of those made a difference. I even tried to go through in werewolf form, but enterprising programmers put a polymorph disabling trigger right in front of it.

Has anyone found a workaround yet?
    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuck.....also... :(
  • kevinc1_ESO
    kevinc1_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Happened to me also - tried both 64 bit and 32 bit clients - same result - left hovering a foot or so off the ground and nothing happens.
  • edopey
    edopey
    ✭✭✭
    Happens to me too, reported it in game also.
  • gobiasthegreat
    gobiasthegreat
    Soul Shriven
    Yep same thing. Sent a bug report and they advised me to post here.
  • mingh615
    mingh615
    ✭✭
    Yep same thing. Sent a bug report and they advised me to post here.

So does that mean posting here is a better approach to reporting bugs than the in-game report system??!!

I have the same problem with both 32 & 64 bit clients.
  • Superbaby
    Superbaby
    Soul Shriven
    Im stuck in the same place.
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    yup same bug.
  • Tipsy
    Tipsy
    ✭✭✭
    Hello there fellow seekers of adventure.
    This night I had the same issue as described here;floating mid air ,the last bossfight not initiating.

But this evening i've found a way around it & since so many seems to have this issue I thought it was best to stop by on the forum for once and share how to bypass this very annoying bug.
    So here is what I did:
    -Relog when I noticed the floating bug was still present
    -Jump past the point where the effect is supposed to happen (when you hear Molag Ball repeat 'you are less than nothing' you're good)
    - I ran to the left side and jumped on the wall in front of the platform where Molag Bal stands
    Then the animation happened again but it was still very weird and I didn't end up in his hand.
    Yet it triggered the fight ,so I was able to finish it.
  • firewatch
    firewatch
    ✭✭✭
    I was also stuck in this bug. I jumped up on the wall to the left to try and get further into the area and, although bugged, at least the fight started and I was able to complete the quest.