The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why do you have no clear goal or direction of development?

• cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a grip.

There's no handbook for all the variables in a game of this size and scope. The game and players are constantly evolving, and in my opinion they're doing a good job.

I don't agree with some of the changes, but they are actively involved.

LOL, I've yet to see them actively involved in anything other than taking away posts they don't like on the forums and I've been here since beta.
    Edited by cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO on June 3, 2016 12:31PM
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
  • dalodir
    dalodir
    ✭✭
    I must admit some kind of 12 to 24 months roadmap/plan would be nice to have. Ive seen that in other games.

It gives you a good sense of the games direction and also you know a little more tangibly theres something more to come.

Despite enjoying the game massively, I struggle to want to spend money on digital collectables (mounts, costumes and pets) in the crown store as we dont have a vision. We dont know where the game is heading. I am sure I am not the only person who holds back. If my assumption is correct then there is commercial benefit to them being more open as well as making us a little more happy.
    Edited by dalodir on June 3, 2016 12:36PM
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Get a grip.

There's no handbook for all the variables in a game of this size and scope. The game and players are constantly evolving, and in my opinion they're doing a good job.

I don't agree with some of the changes, but they are actively involved.

LOL, I've yet to see them actively involved in anything other than taking away posts they don't like on the forums and I've been here since beta.

I've seen some of them. Most are poorly worded, angry, confrontational and negative.

Put yourself in their shoes. With limited time and resources, would I really want to respond to a negative, angry wall of text?

I'd pass.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • KingWhyteboi
    KingWhyteboi
    ✭✭✭
    Did you guys see that sweet new mount tho
    v16 dark elf temp
    v16 imperial nb
    v16 khajiit nb
    v16 imperial dk
    v16 high elf sorc
    v16 breton temp
    v16 high elf nb
    v16 dark elf dk
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ginoboehm wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @Wrobel @ZOS_KaiSchober
    @Sypher @FENGRUSH @Lefty_Lucy
    Why is it that every other online game has some kind of consistency in changes to achieve a goal and you don't?
    Why is it that every change contradicts a change in the past?
    Why did you introduce 50% damage reduction and then buff alpha strike capabilities and burst again soo much that it feels like 1.6 (at least from ganking) ?
    Why do you nerf healing to only buff it again for stamina builds?
    Why do you tell us to spread out but nerf solo or small group play again and again while you introduce stronger sets for groups or introduce poisons which will hurt always the smaller group?
    Why do you introduce flags with instant respawn to imperial city when you want to make it meaningful combat ?
    Why do you nerf blocking and buff enemy damage if you want to make heavy armor feel more tanky?
    Why do you introduce a trait just for dodgerolling while you introduced a nerf to dodgerolling 2 patches ago?
    Why do you introduce a cp displaying nametag if you want to stop seperation between players?
    Why do you tell us you don't want to sell gear with ap because ap farmers will just buy the best gear on release and then reintroduce the silliest most op sets like literally the next patch? (morag tong on a stam dk anyone?)
    and also:
    Why do you still have no plan for structured pvp if you cannot fix cyrodil lag and only buff the big groups that will lag everything?
    Why do you do eso lives where you go to pvp 5 seconds see everything that is wrong with it and leave without commenting on it?
    Why do you show active combat with fast paced action while your whole game is a snare party?
    Why do you introduce a cp system that destroys all balance and resource managment (like you have been told on pts ) then cap it at 501 where every issue is already present and promiss to raise the cap later but actually don't do it?

Why do you have no statement or no topic where smb at least give some kind of write up about what we can actually expect from your game?

And most importantly why you can never just tell us straight out that you made mistakes and roll back those mistakes without applying bandaids like you do now?
    DPNl5vl.gif
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do feel sorry for ZOS at times. Not that i disagree with any of the OP's points. Too many cooks spoil the broth, we are the cooks giving our influence via forum. they cant please everyone but they are trying to.
    When they listen they can make good changes. like re-balancing of CP in TG to balance out stamina and magicka play styles. But also bad changes, like vicious death to deal with zergs, but it is equally effective against small groups and can be used by zergs, and if they go their own way their own direction we as the player base feel ignored.

The problem is indeed this apparent shuffling back and forth because they are unwilling or simply dont have the resources to alter a change already made. proxy det to be nerfed because it's too powerful, but only realised once everyone was given it by reducing unlock requirements(as demanded by the PvErs), and vicious death was introduced(as an attempt at anti zerg.). By trying to panda to everyone they are creating issues.
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • PSYCHOWHITE_NZ
    PSYCHOWHITE_NZ
    Soul Shriven
    I would pay to see them try answer these questions.

I feel like the game will be coming to a end soon anyway as they are running out of content made in 2014 to slowly feed us. Murkmire DLC will be next and then i will be very curious to see what happens after that.

I guess they can just keep drawing up new $40 mounts to feed us lol
    Psycowhite_Nz Nord Dragonknight PS4 NA EP
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dalodir wrote: »
    I must admit some kind of 12 to 24 months roadmap/plan would be nice to have. Ive seen that in other games.

It gives you a good sense of the games direction and also you know a little more tangibly theres something more to come.

Despite enjoying the game massively, I struggle to want to spend money on digital collectables (mounts, costumes and pets) in the crown store as we dont have a vision. We dont know where the game is heading. I am sure I am not the only person who holds back. If my assumption is correct then there is commercial benefit to them being more open as well as making us a little more happy.

absolutly and this is a brilliant suggestion a road map with not just look at this shiny artwork but actually substantial goals of balancing and quality of life improvements for pvp players especially would be nice.
    @wroebel is this not possible to tell us what the current problem areas are in your opinion and what the steps (in 3 , 6 ,9 and 12month) are to fight them.
    it seams you have no idea about small scale or the small group or 1 vsX action atm and destroyed it with this patch.
    Was this your goal and you see small scale more as a ganking thing (since you buffed that sooo much)
    What are your longterm goals with enjoyable small group content?
    Where do you see class balance on a small scale (not even dueling) as importance?
    And most importantly:

OH GOD WHY ALL THE SNARES?!?!