Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Why do you have no clear goal or direction of development?

ginoboehm
ginoboehm
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @Wrobel @ZOS_KaiSchober
@Sypher @FENGRUSH @Lefty_Lucy
Why is it that every other online game has some kind of consistency in changes to achieve a goal and you don't?
Why is it that every change contradicts a change in the past?
Why did you introduce 50% damage reduction and then buff alpha strike capabilities and burst again soo much that it feels like 1.6 (at least from ganking) ?
Why do you nerf healing to only buff it again for stamina builds?
Why do you tell us to spread out but nerf solo or small group play again and again while you introduce stronger sets for groups or introduce poisons which will hurt always the smaller group?
Why do you introduce flags with instant respawn to imperial city when you want to make it meaningful combat ?
Why do you nerf blocking and buff enemy damage if you want to make heavy armor feel more tanky?
Why do you introduce a trait just for dodgerolling while you introduced a nerf to dodgerolling 2 patches ago?
Why do you introduce a cp displaying nametag if you want to stop seperation between players?
Why do you tell us you don't want to sell gear with ap because ap farmers will just buy the best gear on release and then reintroduce the silliest most op sets like literally the next patch? (morag tong on a stam dk anyone?)
and also:
Why do you still have no plan for structured pvp if you cannot fix cyrodil lag and only buff the big groups that will lag everything?
Why do you do eso lives where you go to pvp 5 seconds see everything that is wrong with it and leave without commenting on it?
Why do you show active combat with fast paced action while your whole game is a snare party?
Why do you introduce a cp system that destroys all balance and resource managment (like you have been told on pts ) then cap it at 501 where every issue is already present and promiss to raise the cap later but actually don't do it?

Why do you have no statement or no topic where smb at least give some kind of write up about what we can actually expect from your game?

And most importantly why you can never just tell us straight out that you made mistakes and roll back those mistakes without applying bandaids like you do now?
Edited by ginoboehm on May 29, 2016 1:11AM
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ETA
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ETA

clarky being clarky comment. would upvote again
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you are not asking seriously any of that... the answer is pretty obvious, especially to players who have been here since day one, so I wouldn't hold my breath on a reply from any one on dev side.
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »
    I hope you are not asking seriously any of that... the answer is pretty obvious, especially to players who have been here since day one, so I wouldn't hold my breath on a reply from any one on dev side.

if nb is asking nb will answer and perhaps some people can chime in and we can collect some let us call it missunderstandings we have about zeni's direction.
    Am i wrong with any of my questions?
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always darkest before the dawn they say. Still waiting for the dawn.......
  • rgullaksenb16_ESO
    rgullaksenb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's crazy that we need to ask those kind of questions imho. I don't want this game to die, but apperenly ZOS dont want us to help them (And that's is going really good so far... *cough* ).
    Edited by rgullaksenb16_ESO on May 29, 2016 12:49AM
    Legendary Urgot - [Magica Sorc] -
    GG!
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's crazy that we need to ask those kind of questions imho. I don't want this game to die, but apperenly ZOS dont want us to help them.

well i would love to hear from them perhaps they want to have big 48vs48 battles and we surprised them with that silly notion that we don't want to run in skill-less ball groups. you can never know if you don't ask.
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »

well it is more like: is there even a dawn planned?
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ginoboehm wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex85e6Ur84U
    darkest before the dawn....

on a side note... Why are my sorc shields and heals being thrown to the ground and being stomped on when we clearly can't hold a candle to the damage mitigation that is being held by other classes. I know I couldn't eat 35 meteors to the face...
    Edited by NativeJoe on May 29, 2016 8:32AM
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're asking an illogical group of people why they're so illogical?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Few of your mentioned points are not making sense at all, developers are trying to balance gameplay.

Instead of blaming we should appreciate their hard work..
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »

on a side note... Why are my sorc shields and heals being thrown to the ground and being stomped on when we clearly can't hold a candle to the damage mitigation that is being held by other classes. I know I couldn't eat 35 meteors to the face...

well bugs will happen and people will exploit those bugs the horrible thing about those exploits is that zenimax doesn't care and does not give out long time bans. a general feeling that comfortable exploiting is a awful thing he has no fear losing his account. same with the resent exploit for unlimited mats people were banned 3 days for it but keeped all their stuff. of course now i will have to use the next gold making exploit too if i don't want to be left broken in a destroyed in game economy
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Few of your mentioned points are not making sense at all, developers are trying to balance gameplay.

balance for what? for duels for small scale for zergs? what is their balance goal? what question does not make sense?
  • Wtrenga
    Wtrenga
    ✭✭✭

How's this even possible?
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'know, if they ignore the questions in "Ask us anything," they're probably gonna ignore these. But I would love for ZOS to prove me wrong.

But they won't.
    PC - @Taisynn - NA - CP 268
    Shizuko url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvZa0PPdzAfUv9h_rd8J2vwc1B4NnZGkPL_n4WfgYfs/edit?usp=sharing"]RP Profile[/url - Bosmer - LVL50 - Nightblade 50 Provisioning, 50 Woodworking, 50 Clothing, 50 Alchemy Ebonhart Pact
    Nev'e - Bosmer - LVL 18 - Templar 50 Enchanting Ebonhart Pact

Proud Member of the Guilds:
    Rusty Old Dragons (Trade) | Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) | Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP)
    Spicy Economics (Trade) | The Jackals (RP/EP)
  • Minsc
    Minsc
    ✭✭✭
    Because they act like typical populist politicians. They just add/remove features based on the ''loudest'' reaction of their new customers ( the ones who will buy the game as these take priority from business point of view over long term subscribers) in order to placate angry voices.
    Typical example the situation with CPs : they haven't hesitated to 'kill'' a design concept (not arguing if that was a good or a bad concept in the first place) that took a long time to make by effectively placing a 'perma' cap on the points you can allocate. The people with high CPs leave the game while there is constant influx of new players with low CPs keeping the average low...
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How's this even possible?

oh he is blocking has enough cp into elemental defender and is a propably wearing heavy armor while constantly spamming breath of life have a look at my youtube and see how much damage i take in some situations without dying and i play in light armor
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taisynn wrote: »
    Y'know, if they ignore the questions in "Ask us anything," they're probably gonna ignore these. But I would love for ZOS to prove me wrong.

But they won't.

well let us keep that thread roling perhaps people will see that a game without direction can not survive. at least the pvp part of it seems to die. on europe pc we have even on weekends 2 active campaigns left . once even on weekdays at least 3 campaigns were pop locked . now it seems ebony has died and all other campaigns beside trueflame and azura are dead anyway.
    Minsc wrote: »
    Because they act like typical populist politicians. They just add/remove features based on the ''loudest'' reaction of their new customers ( the ones who will buy the game as these take priority from business point of view over long term subscribers) in order to placate angry voices.
    Typical example the situation with CPs : they haven't hesitated to 'kill'' a design concept (not arguing if that was a good or a bad concept in the first place) that took a long time to make by effectively placing a 'perma' cap on the points you can allocate. The people with high CPs leave the game while there is constant influx of new players with low CPs keeping the average low...

well sometimes they push very unpopular changes to live nobody wants, likes or thinks is a good idea. they pushed stuff people told them is bad to only take it back after a patch or two. same with theur flip flop attitude to balancing they make big changes to balancing every patch and chsnge the meta cosntantly although they said they want to stop doing that 2 patches ago.
    Edited by ginoboehm on May 29, 2016 8:55AM
  • KICHZY
    KICHZY
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very well written Ginoboehm. I blame it on lack of communication between each department, Instead of working with each other they are coming up with all these idea's without properly acknowledging what damage they will cause to other departments work.

This is my opinion on the matter anyhow.
    Edited by KICHZY on May 29, 2016 2:05PM
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KICHZY wrote: »
    Very well written Ginoboehm. I blame it on lack of communication between each department, Instead of working with each other, they are coming up with all these idea's without acknowledging what damage they will cause to other departments work. This is my opinion anyhow.

well then the managment is either not doing their job or are satisfied with that flip flop stuff and waisted resources on changes nobody wants and will be changed again anyway
  • rgullaksenb16_ESO
    rgullaksenb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I hope you are joking. First of all, the points in this post are making sense, so much sense that ZOS properly not gonna answer any of them.

I mean it's a game company I expect them to do hard work, but imo i have seen some really sloppy work from them. Remember what they did to imperial city when people were camping the ladders that connect to every district?
    They made it so you can't be killed in a radius! Outrageous!

You remember what they did to gab closers( ambush and crit charge in particular ), becuse they tried to fix the templars gab closer, they broke everyother( it still doens't work sometimes ).

Ande many many more....

They are way too focused on pumping out content, they really couldnt care less about pvp... which is really sad imo.
    Legendary Urgot - [Magica Sorc] -
    GG!
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What it seems like to me is that the same people that developed the game 3-4 years ago release are no longer working at ZOS and this new group is completely doing a 180 its hard to tell
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    What it seems like to me is that the same people that developed the game 3-4 years ago release are no longer working at ZOS and this new group is completely doing a 180 its hard to tell

i am just watching @FENGRUSH 's stream and i am just in awe at how many people are abusing the cheat engine on na
    Edited by ginoboehm on May 29, 2016 10:24AM
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i am just watching @FENGRUSH 's stream and i am just in awe at how many people are abusing the cheat engine on na

That bad on PC the one time I'm glad I play on Console where its alot harder to mod or exploit the game.
    Edited by RebornV3x on May 29, 2016 10:45AM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That bad on PC kinda glad that's the one time I'm glad I play on Console where its alot harder to mod or exploit the game.

that is like saying you are gladly riding a mule instead of driving a car because there are car accidents
    Edited by ginoboehm on May 29, 2016 10:54AM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps if PvPers didn't spend the whole time complaining about this, that and everything else then ZOS wouldn't need to spend the whole time tinkering with this, that and everything else in an attempt to meet their constant and ever-changing demands.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh it's not just ESO, I saw a fair share of this over on DCUO as well... I called it the 'pendulum' style of development. They'd make a huge change, then a couple months later, go completely the opposite, back and forth... I see similarity with ZOS' development style. They want to make 'noticeable' changes to make players feel like they are doing something for the game, but instead end up wrecking builds and leaving players angry in the process. ZOS needs to learn to make smaller adjustments and stop going for the 'go big or go home' impact.
    CP: 1880 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Perhaps if PvPers didn't spend the whole time complaining about this, that and everything else then ZOS wouldn't need to spend the whole time tinkering with this, that and everything else in an attempt to meet their constant and ever-changing demands.

yeah the poor poor developers who have to destroy the game because they listen to the wrong people god what a bad influence we dirty pvp players are
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @Wrobel @ZOS_KaiSchober
    @Sypher @FENGRUSH @Lefty_Lucy
    Why is it that every other online game has some kind of consistency in changes to achieve a goal and you don't?
    Why is it that every change contradicts a change in the past?
    Why did you introduce 50% damage reduction and then buff alpha strike capabilities and burst again soo much that it feels like 1.6 (at least from ganking) ?
    Why do you nerf healing to only buff it again for stamina builds?
    Why do you tell us to spread out but nerf solo or small group play again and again while you introduce stronger sets for groups or introduce poisons which will hurt always the smaller group?
    Why do you introduce flags with instant respawn to imperial city when you want to make it meaningful combat ?
    Why do you nerf blocking and buff enemy damage if you want to make heavy armor feel more tanky?
    Why do you introduce a trait just for dodgerolling while you introduced a nerf to dodgerolling 2 patches ago?
    Why do you introduce a cp displaying nametag if you want to stop seperation between players?
    Why do you tell us you don't want to sell gear with ap because ap farmers will just buy the best gear on release and then reintroduce the silliest most op sets like literally the next patch? (morag tong on a stam dk anyone?)
    and also:
    Why do you still have no plan for structured pvp if you cannot fix cyrodil lag and only buff the big groups that will lag everything?
    Why do you do eso lives where you go to pvp 5 seconds see everything that is wrong with it and leave without commenting on it?
    Why do you show active combat with fast paced action while your whole game is a snare party?
    Why do you introduce a cp system that destroys all balance and resource managment (like you have been told on pts ) then cap it at 501 where every issue is already present and promiss to raise the cap later but actually don't do it?

Why do you have no statement or no topic where smb at least give some kind of write up about what we can actually expect from your game?

And most importantly why you can never just tell us straight out that you made mistakes and roll back those mistakes without applying bandaids like you do now?

You sure got a lotta complaints.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've removed a couple of posts that had inappropriate images.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post