The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Template Characters - Did ZOS Nail It This Time?

Taleof2Cities
Taleof2Cities
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello!

Since we are almost done with the PTS on this patch go-around, I was interested in checking in with players on their opinions of the character templates.

As for myself, I was pretty happy with the template characters for Dark Brotherhood PTS. Among the improvements were:

1. Materials crates for the templates to do some theorycrafting. This was a huge help, in my opinion, in testing the new armor sets with existing crafted ones.
2. Templates were given AP to test the new PvP armor bags ... amongst other things that AP can be spent on.
3. FINALLY, the Provisioning and Legerdemain skill lines were maxed for testing on templates.
4. Also, 9-trait research was opened up on templates to make it easier on crafters such as me ...

Bottom line ... are you happy with how robust the character templates are now? Or, are there still roadblocks that still hinder your testing on PTS?
Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 27, 2016 6:05PM

Template Characters - Did ZOS Nail It This Time? 31 votes

Yes. The character Templates are awesome! Thanks ZOS.
9%
Taleof2CitiesjcacereswADarklore 3 votes
No. I would still like to see Tel Var stones on Templates to test Tel Var transactions.
22%
BowsernooblybearSigma957dsalterpaulsimonpsThe-BaconatorJarlUlfric 7 votes
No. I would still like to see max Champion Points (CP501) on Templates.
29%
DarlonZhegGhost-ShotbaratronRoamingRiverElkSounomicode65536dro_rasecMetafae 9 votes
No. I would like to do testing on other non-CP160 (V16) lower level characters.
0%
No. Other ... Please explain your answer ...
38%
lolo_01b16_ESOdanno8IxSTALKERxIAbeilleCasNationDDukeToRelaxSorisCP5DaveheartErralnDrazorious 12 votes
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While definitely an improvement from last PTS, I would've liked seeing jewelry/weapons from the new sets included with the templates. Having access only to the armor parts makes it impossible to test many builds & how different sets interact with each other.

Also, templates should have 501 CPs. And some Tel Vars to buy gear with.
  • Drazorious
    Drazorious
    ✭✭✭
    they need to make every piece of every set available for testing to look for bugs and overpowered combos
    Stuff and things
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be clear...HUUUUGE improvement over previous templates. Great job ZoS! However, template characters do not have access to some important crafting stations like eyes of Mara and Kagrenacs Hope since the templates can't access the Earth Forge/Eyevea. Same thing goes for Cold harbor access! I would love to see an "all way shrines unlocked" feature. They started on this path by giving a way shrine in every zone, but still, could be improved.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 and 3 and full vampire/ww skill lines + dropped sets like permaforst and some other old sets + things like earth forge available for crafting + perfect roe or gold foods
    Edited by Soris on May 27, 2016 6:31PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I would still like to see Tel Var stones on Templates to test Tel Var transactions.
    I would have like to have tel var stones so I could play around with different older sets pieces and not have to farm the stones.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much better but needs to max out WW/Vamp skill lines
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    This patch was a huge improvement; however, it still falls a little short.
    • Availability to test any available dropped sets (though the selection here was pretty solid)
    • Max out WW/Vamp
    • Capped CP available (whether by providing both 300 and 501 CP templates or just 501)
    • Include Tel Var like with the Theives Guild testing
    I'm sure there's a couple other improvements that could be made, but overall this is the best job they've done with the templates.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Max out vamp and WW!
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's far better than previous ones, but I still want to be able to test anything I want. Capped CP is just obvious, as are practically endless Tel Var stones, gold and AP. Maxed out vamp and ww skill lines. All recipes (might be there already, didn't look after 2.4.0). All drop sets that are available in cp160. Access to all crafting stations.
    If there is something players might want to test, make it possible, otherwise you just get less feedback, not more on what you actually wanted feedback on.

Edit - Appearantly we do have recipes now, thanks. :)
    Edited by ToRelax on May 28, 2016 10:26AM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was a very nice improvement, but still not perfect:
    - Vampire / WW skill lines are not leveled
    - Tel Var stones, especially since they added a set that requires you to have tel var stones in your inventory
    - all possible parts of the new armour sets, so we can see which sets we will be able to combine and how they interact
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I would still like to see max Champion Points (CP501) on Templates.
    It's much better than before. But the 300 CP templates are simply idiotic.

"Hey guys, we're making substantial changes to how block cost works, and shifting some things around. Oh, and we're making this change after NA players lose your character copies. Have fun testing these CP changes with just 300 CP!"

In the past, all the major changes happened at the start of the PTS, with just minor adjustments through the PTS month. But this time, they made several major and very controversial changes midway through PTS: Surge and block CP. And they did this after wiping NA characters.

NA character copies should have been mandatory given this throw-a-major-wrench-halfway-through nonsense that they pulled. But, nope, they reneged on that promise. And saddled us with 300CP templates even though we've been begging them since two PTS cycles ago to give us capped CP templates.

So, yes, I'm still very disappointed at how the PTS is handled. The PTS crafting changes are very much welcome, and I'll credit them for that. But the CP problem is still a huge pain point.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they could just make 1 EU PTS and 1 NA PTS we wouldn't even need templates. Too hard?