The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[DATAMINE] Next DLC - Vvardenfel?

• Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    also added Colovian Highlands Wayshrine - its mean Skingrad also coming!

You can actually already visit a half-built Skingrad via a glitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQBEF8_I1RE
    Options
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol 3 year and no single DLC for AD?

its dissapointing

They give me Vardenfell and I won't even care.
    Options
  • Domino44G
    Domino44G
    ✭✭
    More AD would be nice. Beautiful place.
    Options
  • Domino44G
    Domino44G
    ✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Domino44G wrote: »
    Also, my comments were ment to counter the naysayers who are attempting to use lore and, of all things, geology to state why this DLC will probably blow. Since nobody has even seen it yet, then nobody knows anything about its look, quality or familiarity - not even me. So why go the pessimistic rout? I say as long as they're adding to this game, making it bigger and deeper, why post about how it MIGHT suck, IF they DON'T do it right as if it is already a fact? Your Range Rover point is very good however, the difference between the vehicle and this DLC is that the Rover exists and your opinion about it is validated based on actual knowledge, not hyperbole and wild spectulation.

I never made any comment on Vardenfell and its geology - get this please - it was about how the landscape of the gold coast is implemented in the DB DLC - and I even linked a video which shows those ridge formations and how they look in Oblivion and that it is a common feature of that region, which is missing in the DB DLC. If ZOS can miss such a common feature of a landscape in the DB DLC, they could as well miss it somewhere else. This was my point, nothing else.

Edit: and it was not Range Rover, Range Rover is fine as it is - it was about Land Rover Defender.

I just read this and... for 5hits sake Lysette, I was defending your post from another person quoting you who said YOU weren't a geology expert. It looked like he was insulting you by saying you weren't able to understand this simple stuff. It annoyed me and that's why I jumped in to this thread. I didn't say you said this, I didn't accuse you of using BS geology comments. It was the guy who quoted you that ticked me off. I actually agreed with your Grand Canyon comment, I just think it's to early to be worried about this yet, that's all. Stop trying to make me your enemy, I'm not! If you're pissed off about my "it's just a game" comment, all I can say is that's my opinion. Why feel so threatened by me if you think I'm wrong? For the record, my comments that you feel were accusation against you were intended to reflect on the person who made that comment AT you, period! Go back and look for yourself. I am so freaking done with this thread!
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cavanoskus wrote: »
    aldriq wrote: »
    nordmarian wrote: »
    Another thing is that Morrowind was so much bigger and I'm afraid the ESO version of Vvardenfell will be way too small for our taste. I'm hoping for a zone twice as big as Stonefalls or even bigger.

To be fair, since Vvardenfell is almost as large as the rest of mainland Morrowind it's very likely it would be split in at least in 3 zones. And for a DLC they may only release one.

Well in Morrowind Vardenfell appeared to be really large on the ground - but once you had levitation on a ring and could perma-levitate and slowly fly around, you could see, that it is not really that big, but appeared that way nevertheless due to a clever valley design. By air the distances were not that long, even with just flying at a bit over walk speed via levitation ring. i used that quite a lot to get quickly around and do my Morag Tong tasks.

If I remember correctly, Morrowind's landmass was done at 1/3rd scale. I don't know what scale the land in ESO is at, but Vvardenfell could end up being quite a bit larger than what we're used to from Morrowind.
    If The ESO map is anything to go by then Vvardenfell will be less then half of the size that it was in Morrowind and in Morrowind it was around half of Skyrim's size, in Other words it wont be much larger then Auridon or Stonefalls.

This is the "true" Tamriel map
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/213/1/3/political_map_of_tamriel_4e193___revised_by_jakhajay-d4splcu.png

This is the offscale ESO Map
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/map-background.jpg

Also notice how Bleakrock Isle doesn't exist in the "True" sized map? ZoS just made that place up and put it somewhere that steps on the geography of the other ES games.

These maps dont really look much like the Vvardenfell in the game Morrowind though,which is what a lot of people are looking to have added to ESO.If they made Vvardenfell accessed through a portal,as many places,they could make it the same size as in Morrowind.It is a lot bigger than Auridon,or Stone Falls,really. More like the size of Daggerfall,
    altemriel wrote: »
    thanks Terabit for datamine!

new locations added in the client on PTS:

Vvardenfel, Gnisis, Vos, Tel-Mora, Tel-Arun, Sadrit-Mora, Tel-Fir, Tel-Branora, Suran, Balmora, Ezutanamus, Yansirramus, Bal-Fel, Ald-Sota and Mzanch

its all locations belonged to this island

also new dungeon Cradle of Shadow - belonged to nucturnal Realm, "Now his spirit becomes one with the Evergloam… the realm of perpetual twilight and the cradle of shadow"

also the quest can be found, where you can read about Fate-Bearers - the organization from Vvanderfel

"That I can’t promise. It’s my burden to bear the dictates of fate, and that burden sends me where it will. But for now, we’ll return to Vvardenfell. To our shrine of the changing fates. Interesting. It appears we’ll meet again there."

ok let`s say it would be vvanderfell, how would it be in the era of ESO? where do we stand in the time frame described here?
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Vvardenfell

I've always thought that a good way to add Vvardenfell would be as a quest portal. You are given a quest and a portal opens to you. A permanent one.OR,..you accidentally run across a hole on a mountain that when you walk through it,opens up into a different time period where Vvardenfell is just as it was in Morrowind.
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Literally might as well save the whole summerset isles for TES6 considering its size and beauty too it would be a great fit.
    Options
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres a video out there that previewed wrothgar then thieves guild DB a daedric princes territory (forgot who) then clockwork city as the next DLC's.
    Options
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theres a video out there that previewed wrothgar then thieves guild DB a daedric princes territory (forgot who) then clockwork city as the next DLC's.

Mephala
    Options
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mephala's Realm

So... Clockwork city gonna be next? :)
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is true, I'm calling it now that we'll see an announcement of a Vvardenfell expansion pack at E3.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    If this is true, I'm calling it now that we'll see an announcement of a Vvardenfell expansion pack at E3.

Well, Evergloam is the realm of Nocturnal (and is mentioned by name in the text on the site,) and "The patron of darkness" was mentioned in that warning at the end of the Orsinium storyline by ... You know who.
    Hype intensifies? A larger prequel DLC for the events to come?
    Edited by JD2013 on May 2, 2016 10:40AM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, my comments were ment to counter the naysayers who are attempting to use lore and, of all things, geology to state why this DLC will probably blow. Since nobody has even seen it yet, then nobody knows anything about its look, quality or familiarity - not even me. So why go the pessimistic rout? I say as long as they're adding to this game, making it bigger and deeper, why post about how it MIGHT suck, IF they DON'T do it right as if it is already a fact? Your Range Rover point is very good however, the difference between the vehicle and this DLC is that the Rover exists and your opinion about it is validated based on actual knowledge, not hyperbole and wild spectulation.

I never made any comment on Vardenfell and its geology - get this please - it was about how the landscape of the gold coast is implemented in the DB DLC - and I even linked a video which shows those ridge formations and how they look in Oblivion and that it is a common feature of that region, which is missing in the DB DLC. If ZOS can miss such a common feature of a landscape in the DB DLC, they could as well miss it somewhere else. This was my point, nothing else.

Edit: and it was not Range Rover, Range Rover is fine as it is - it was about Land Rover Defender.

I just read this and... for 5hits sake Lysette, I was defending your post from another person quoting you who said YOU weren't a geology expert. It looked like he was insulting you by saying you weren't able to understand this simple stuff. It annoyed me and that's why I jumped in to this thread. I didn't say you said this, I didn't accuse you of using BS geology comments. It was the guy who quoted you that ticked me off. I actually agreed with your Grand Canyon comment, I just think it's to early to be worried about this yet, that's all. Stop trying to make me your enemy, I'm not! If you're pissed off about my "it's just a game" comment, all I can say is that's my opinion. Why feel so threatened by me if you think I'm wrong? For the record, my comments that you feel were accusation against you were intended to reflect on the person who made that comment AT you, period! Go back and look for yourself. I am so freaking done with this thread!

Well, I am not upset or anything, when I say, it is not "just" a game and I just tried to explain, why I think it is much more than this. I am as well not anyone's enemy just because I have a different opinion, just like I am not somebody's friend, just because I share an opinion with him/her. And if someone says, that I am not an expert in geology, well that is true, I do not feel insulted by this nor did I claim to be one. I just remembered a common terrain feature from the gold coast, which was in Oblivion but cannot be found in the gold coast implementation in the DB DLC - that's all it was about and I provided video evidence to support my claim, after it was claimed, that I just remember things, which aren't true - but they are.
    Options
  • Zoltan_117
    Zoltan_117
    ✭✭✭
    Please make it come true!
    Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This would be fantastic!

Very, very exciting if true.

Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If The ESO map is anything to go by then Vvardenfell will be less then half of the size that it was in Morrowind and in Morrowind it was around half of Skyrim's size, in Other words it wont be much larger then Auridon or Stonefalls.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/213/1/3/political_map_of_tamriel_4e193___revised_by_jakhajay-d4splcu.png

Also notice how Bleakrock Isle doesn't exist in the "True" sized map? ZoS just made that place up and put it somewhere that steps on the geography of the other ES games, Infact how will ZoS Explain this? where did Bleakrock isle go and why is Vvardenfell less then half the size that it will be within 800 years, infact where is the entire Boethian Mountain range? you know where the city of Blacklight will be and what about the place where Dayspring canyon will be?

Well, one does have to take into consideration the constraints of it being a game. The maps are actually created for the purpose of the game they appear in, not as a statement related to lore.

The one thing that absolutely has to be remembered about the maps of Tamriel is that they are probably all wrong. The Deviant Art ones, the Tamriel Foundry ones, and also the ZOS and BGS ones.

Lots of things happen on maps that are wrong. Things can appear, and not appear, on maps for a lot of reasons. Mistakes are common, or maybe the cartographer never even knew about something that should appear on the map. In some cases, things are added, removed, or moved for political or aesthetic reasons. The size and location of geological features are often misrepresented by maps. Authoritative maps from the past can look unrecognizable to us today

http://gizmodo.com/5965751/the-mystery-behind-the-disappearing-island-that-existed-on-google-maps-has-been-solved

http://www.wired.com/2014/04/maps-california-island/

http://www.henry-davis.com/MAPS/LMwebpages/256.html

So, from an Elder Scrolls lore perspective, maps have to be treated as opinions, not facts.

Edited by Elsonso on May 2, 2016 2:54PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Cavanoskus
    Cavanoskus
    ✭✭✭

So, from an Elder Scrolls lore perspective, maps have to be treated as opinions, not facts.

Honestly, that can be said for much of the lore. All the in-game books we find are obviously biased, and some are contradictory... and that's exactly one of the things that makes it so deep. Sometimes I really feel like Tamriel is less of a "created world" and more of a "world that exists that we're trying to find out about," if that makes any sense.
    Options
  • CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by CromulentForumID on May 2, 2016 3:34PM
    Options
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol 3 year and no single DLC for AD?

its dissapointing

2 years
    Ad has everything and dlc are for everyone so hush up
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

Options
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavanoskus wrote: »
    aldriq wrote: »
    nordmarian wrote: »
    Another thing is that Morrowind was so much bigger and I'm afraid the ESO version of Vvardenfell will be way too small for our taste. I'm hoping for a zone twice as big as Stonefalls or even bigger.

To be fair, since Vvardenfell is almost as large as the rest of mainland Morrowind it's very likely it would be split in at least in 3 zones. And for a DLC they may only release one.

Well in Morrowind Vardenfell appeared to be really large on the ground - but once you had levitation on a ring and could perma-levitate and slowly fly around, you could see, that it is not really that big, but appeared that way nevertheless due to a clever valley design. By air the distances were not that long, even with just flying at a bit over walk speed via levitation ring. i used that quite a lot to get quickly around and do my Morag Tong tasks.

If I remember correctly, Morrowind's landmass was done at 1/3rd scale. I don't know what scale the land in ESO is at, but Vvardenfell could end up being quite a bit larger than what we're used to from Morrowind.

Also notice how Bleakrock Isle doesn't exist in the "True" sized map? ZoS just made that place up and put it somewhere that steps on the geography of the other ES games, Infact how will ZoS Explain this? where did Bleakrock isle go and why is Vvardenfell less then half the size that it will be within 800 years, infact where is the entire Boethian Mountain range? you know where the city of Blacklight will be and what about the place where Dayspring canyon will be?

The ZOS map is not the "real" map. Back in the day (before ESO released), ZOS developer stated that Cyrodiil is 100 square kilometers huge, and that you could fit in 9 regular ESO Zones.

Oblivion's Cyrodiil is twice smaller, even though 1/3 of ESO's Cyrodiil is still missing. Also The Rift and Eastmarch Holds are at least twice bigger in ESO than in Skyrim as well (go check in Skyrim how small and barren they actually are compared to ESO).

Considering 1 regular ESO Zone is probably 11 square kilometers, and Vvardenfell in Morrowind was 24 square kilometers, it's fair to say that if Vvardenfell ever comes to ESO it will be probably twice bigger than it's Morrowind version yet again. So it will be as big as 4 Wrothgar's combined. That's expansion material, or perhaps they'll just add 4 DLCs separately.
    Edited by Bloodfang on May 2, 2016 5:42PM
    Options
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    From Lore flaws to inaccurate Maps... those things are a design issue and well... sometimes flaws can happen in the lore.
    I'm not sure how zones are actually created. Maybe the zone is made into the whole Tamriel then its being cut off or maybe its made separately. I think its the first version. Anyway... because the game is not open world, building things here and there without leaving enough space to expand it later might end up with inaccurate maps.
    Design issues, time periods, quests, etc might again introduce more inconsistency in the timeline and on the maps. Cities for instance. Skyrim's Windhelm vs ESO one. Clearly ESO version is much better from many aspects and I think it is good it was made such way in the first place. Sometimes we have to just close our eyes and say thanks for what we get because what we get might be better than what we imagined and lived before. Maybe few hundreds of years in the future Tamriel will be as big as whole Europe, with cities that houses thousands of inhabitants. Maybe it will take us a whole day just to walk from Davon's Watch to Mournhold. Maybe dungeons will be few tens of miles long and they will split into tens of paths. Its just a game... an evolving one. Who wouldn't want to explore a better version of Vvardenfell nowadays? Even if the TES3 one will be far far different than current one in therms of size and content?

Unlike other zones, Vvardenfell really brings old memories. It also bring lots of possibilities. I just can't wait to see at least few screenshots of this new area.
    Anyway. I'm also thinking and hoping Vvardenfell will be bigger than any other zone. At least 3 zones. Or it will be featured as an expansion pack consisting in 3+ zones and featuring new mechanics as well such as spellcrafting, housing, barber shop etc. I hope to see some Slit Striders among the way, although they might not work the way I really want. My hope is to board those vessels just like a horse, and see the land from top of them. In the same way I'm dreaming at some point in the future we will go in the past and fly on one of the long lost dwemer airships.

Much love for Vvardenfell eh? Stonefalls was the reason I brought the game so yes. I'd love a new region in the morrowind area with all those huge mushrooms lying around... and lets not forget about ashes and volcanoes. Why I'm more excited about Vvardenfell than any other areas is that I never played Morrowind before. :)
    Options
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭

Letter from Kireth (Datamined document foreshadowing future DLC content) (self.elderscrollsonline)

Dear Cousin Deminah, I hope this letter reaches you in good health and good fortune. How are things in Vvardenfell? Maybe Raynor and I will come and visit when we're finished with our business in Hammerfell. If we ever get to Hammerfell, that is. Let me tell you about our latest adventure. And yes, it's all Raynor's fault, as usual.
    We received word of a new Dwarven ruin discovered near Tava's Blessing and Raynor was eager to get there as quickly as possible. While I secured supplies for the trip, Raynor went to negotiate passage to Sentinel. But you know how he gets. Excited and caught up in a new discovery. That's when he lets things slip. He meant to get us on a boat to Hammerfell, but somehow we ended up on a ship making its way to Anvil. And that's where we are, without a spare gold piece to our name and no prospects for getting to Hammerfell in the near future.
    Oh, don't worry. We'll think of something. We always do. And we've never visited Anvil before. There are so many pirates! I think you'd like it here. You always had a bit of pirate in you, from what I recall during our last visit. And how's your husband doing? Still trying to make a living selling that vile concoction he calls wine? Seriously, dear cousin, you could do so much better!
    Well, I have to run. We're going to try to find employment in this wretched city so we can earn enough gold to pay for a trip to Sentinel. Wish us luck! And when we come to visit you, I'll make sure to bring a carafe of shein, I know you don't like your husband's swill any better than I do!
    –Kireth Vanos.
    You'll probably be able to find this in Anvil when the Dark Brotherhood DLC is released. Vvardenfell may also be added soon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/45u1uv/letter_from_kireth_datamined_document/
    Options
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »

You can actually already visit a half-built Skingrad via a glitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQBEF8_I1RE

ha no, that's old and Skingrad doesn't have that sort of architecture nor is in ruins.
    Options
  • ИВАН_ВОДКА
    i want this location too!
    Options