The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[DATAMINE] Next DLC - Vvardenfel?

• Domino44G
    Domino44G
    ✭✭
    Actually, if the cities that are mentioned exist in the DLC and they are present 800 years later also, then it would demonstrate that the huge geological changes and upheaval you're speaking of probably haven't occurred. Red Mountain is NOT spewing lava in this timeline. It erupted in the first era and then again in the fourth era, not at all in the second era. Balmora couldn't be as old as it is in the third era if it was not laid on solid ground when it was built. If the ground was ever-shifting then the city would had to have been rebuilt again and again. Nothing in TES lore mentions these cities ever having to be rebuilt due to constantly evolving landscapes until after the Red Year. The Odai River that runs through the center of Balmora is actually an ancient lave outlet that leads past the Odai Plateau and out to the sea. If the giology was so unstable, Balmora wouldn't be around as it would be one of the first cities to be enveloped by lava coming from below.

the cities are also the work of Great Noble Houses, even an outpost would be huge. Also, the Tribunal architecture model is based in Adobe materials. These types of buildings can be created quickly and in vast quantities so a large, sprawling Balmora, Suran, Vivec City could easily be present. And, in the end, it's a video game. If ZOS wants a populated Vvardenfell, it will probably happen. What do you think will occur? Players will leave forever in protest? If that's the case, why are the AD people posting here in this thread, if it's such a risk, wouldn't they be gone after hearing that no AD DLC is coming but instead, Vvardenfell will precede any hope of them getting what they want? It sucks and they're right to question ZOS's decision to put AD DLC on the back burner but, they're not leaving in a huge, angry panic... In the end it's just a game and most everyone here knows and accepts that.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it would be "just a game", people would not bother - but for many TES is a part of their life, where they have spent and are still spending many hours - this is not "just a game" - it is part of our life with memories, which last - like real memories.
    Options
  • Domino44G
    Domino44G
    ✭✭
    So they're going to panic and abandon Elder Scrolls Online if Vvardenfell isn't done exactly right? Is that what you mean?
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but it would disappoint, just because so many emotions are bound to the look and feel - if it is that different, it simply isn't the same world and is less appealing.

Edit: I will compare that with off-road cars for now - Land Rover Defender - an iconic off-roader - and now look at the 2016 model - it still is an off-roader, it still can do what the older could - it still is called a land rover defender - but it has nothing of the look and feel of what land rover once was. Do I want to drive that new thing through the semi-deserts of africa - certainly not, it simply does not look and feel like a land rover.
    Edited by Lysette on April 30, 2016 2:48PM
    Options
  • Domino44G
    Domino44G
    ✭✭
    I don't think you have to worry about its look. It will probably look like everything else in the game, fantastic. my only concern is with those who try and convince us as to how it will suck, why it will suck yet having never scene or experienced a single element of the as if yet released DLC. I say wait and see it first, then fire away.
    Options
  • Domino44G
    Domino44G
    ✭✭
    Also, my comments were ment to counter the naysayers who are attempting to use lore and, of all things, geology to state why this DLC will probably blow. Since nobody has even seen it yet, then nobody knows anything about its look, quality or familiarity - not even me. So why go the pessimistic rout? I say as long as they're adding to this game, making it bigger and deeper, why post about how it MIGHT suck, IF they DON'T do it right as if it is already a fact? Your Range Rover point is very good however, the difference between the vehicle and this DLC is that the Rover exists and your opinion about it is validated based on actual knowledge, not hyperbole and wild spectulation.
    Options
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    No, but it would disappoint, just because so many emotions are bound to the look and feel - if it is that different, it simply isn't the same world and is less appealing..

I've spent as much time with TES as anyone here, easily over 15 years, and I wouldn't care nearly as much as you if it didn't look exactly the way I wanted. It's *just* a game.
    Options
  • Domino44G
    Domino44G
    ✭✭
    Ok, hold on just for a second. I DO think it's just a game, even though I hold many fond memories about my time spent in TES, but I also understand the point Lysette made. I mean, look at Star Wars or the Lord of the Rings and their fans. I just think that some people here don't like this news and post comments trying to get other people to not like it. I only posted a comment about this because of that guy who said at another about not being a geology expert, as if HE is one. This DLC could end up being bad. Then again, it could be good. Who knows? So far it seems that, even for its flaws, Elder Scrolls Online is liked by the multitude of its clients. So, nobody but fanboys are going to go all "take back the citadel" on ZOS. There's a big difference between disappointment and outright revolt. Even the Mass Effect folks who hated the original endings didn't abandon Bioware for it, and that 5hit actually made it onto cable news and the IBJ. So, don't worry about A.) things you can't control or B.) the Unknown. It's not worth the time. Just enjoy the game for now and we'll see where this DLC goes in due time.
    Options
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell might come just as part of another DLC. In Thieves Guild you go in Taneth for a quest. In Dark Brotherhood you go in other zones as well. Won't say where. :) If During other DLCs will go to Vvardenfell the same way it will be sad. :(

It doesn't really matter if it break the time line continuum as long as it is done right. Maybe we can visit places that shouldnt be in current Tamriel by dreams.
    Edited by deleted008293 on April 30, 2016 4:08PM
    Options
  • Domino44G
    Domino44G
    ✭✭
    Someone made the point that it might be part of the Clockwork City DLC, and since that is related to Sotha Sil, that would make sense. I mean they mentioned Ald Sotha being in it, that's where Sotha Sil was rescued by Vivec. Again, I wouldn't sweat it too much.
    Options
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking exactly the same moments ago... Maybe Clockwork City DLC will be somewhere around Vvardenfell and thus we will visit surrounding areas as well... including some Vvardenfell settlements and cities.
    Options
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the Three (false gods that I murdered in Morrowind) let it be so!
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mertusta wrote: »
    What happened to Murkmire?

It was put on hold, confirmed by a news article awhile ago.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domino44G wrote: »
    Also, my comments were ment to counter the naysayers who are attempting to use lore and, of all things, geology to state why this DLC will probably blow. Since nobody has even seen it yet, then nobody knows anything about its look, quality or familiarity - not even me. So why go the pessimistic rout? I say as long as they're adding to this game, making it bigger and deeper, why post about how it MIGHT suck, IF they DON'T do it right as if it is already a fact? Your Range Rover point is very good however, the difference between the vehicle and this DLC is that the Rover exists and your opinion about it is validated based on actual knowledge, not hyperbole and wild spectulation.

I never made any comment on Vardenfell and its geology - get this please - it was about how the landscape of the gold coast is implemented in the DB DLC - and I even linked a video which shows those ridge formations and how they look in Oblivion and that it is a common feature of that region, which is missing in the DB DLC. If ZOS can miss such a common feature of a landscape in the DB DLC, they could as well miss it somewhere else. This was my point, nothing else.

Edit: and it was not Range Rover, Range Rover is fine as it is - it was about Land Rover Defender.
    Edited by Lysette on April 30, 2016 6:27PM
    Options
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morag Tong
    Edited by LaerothKeykalyn on April 30, 2016 7:16PM
    Options
  • Cavanoskus
    Cavanoskus
    ✭✭✭
    aldriq wrote: »
    nordmarian wrote: »
    Another thing is that Morrowind was so much bigger and I'm afraid the ESO version of Vvardenfell will be way too small for our taste. I'm hoping for a zone twice as big as Stonefalls or even bigger.

To be fair, since Vvardenfell is almost as large as the rest of mainland Morrowind it's very likely it would be split in at least in 3 zones. And for a DLC they may only release one.

Well in Morrowind Vardenfell appeared to be really large on the ground - but once you had levitation on a ring and could perma-levitate and slowly fly around, you could see, that it is not really that big, but appeared that way nevertheless due to a clever valley design. By air the distances were not that long, even with just flying at a bit over walk speed via levitation ring. i used that quite a lot to get quickly around and do my Morag Tong tasks.

If I remember correctly, Morrowind's landmass was done at 1/3rd scale. I don't know what scale the land in ESO is at, but Vvardenfell could end up being quite a bit larger than what we're used to from Morrowind.
    Options
  • Cavanoskus
    Cavanoskus
    ✭✭✭
    Morag Tong

Yes. I want them back! It's all been Dark Brotherhood Dark Brotherhood Dark Brotherhood and a part of me still sees the DB as irritants to slaughter for ninja armor.
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlackEar wrote: »
    What is Vvardenfel?

Vvardenfell is the most amazing place that Bethesda has ever created. It is the mainland of Morrowind.
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    thanks Terabit for datamine!

new locations added in the client on PTS:

Vvardenfel, Gnisis, Vos, Tel-Mora, Tel-Arun, Sadrit-Mora, Tel-Fir, Tel-Branora, Suran, Balmora, Ezutanamus, Yansirramus, Bal-Fel, Ald-Sota and Mzanch

its all locations belonged to this island

also new dungeon Cradle of Shadow - belonged to nucturnal Realm, "Now his spirit becomes one with the Evergloam… the realm of perpetual twilight and the cradle of shadow"

also the quest can be found, where you can read about Fate-Bearers - the organization from Vvanderfel

"That I can’t promise. It’s my burden to bear the dictates of fate, and that burden sends me where it will. But for now, we’ll return to Vvardenfell. To our shrine of the changing fates. Interesting. It appears we’ll meet again there."

also added Colovian Highlands Wayshrine - its mean Skingrad also coming!

Ya know,I just came out of the PTS and found none of these places.Maybe the Colovian wayshrine,but none of the others.
    They arent on the map that we can see though,right?
    Options
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those locations are datamined from the new patch added on the PTS - they aren't actual locations in the game yet. These are just labels that are referenced in code or other files in the PTS patch which is an indication that they will be added later on in some shape or form.
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Those locations are datamined from the new patch added on the PTS - they aren't actual locations in the game yet. These are just labels that are referenced in code or other files in the PTS patch which is an indication that they will be added later on in some shape or form.

I sure hope so,since they announced they werent going to add Vvardenfell. Not even in the future.
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »

My fondest dream,..in ESO.
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »

I sure hope so,since they announced they werent going to add Vvardenfell. Not even in the future.

When did they say that?
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • Volkodav
      Volkodav
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »
      Volkodav wrote: »

When did they say that?

Sometime back in a video.I saw it,when someone posted it here,but I dont remember the name of it,darn it.But it's posted in the forums somewhere.
      (I just realized,there's a lot of "it's" in my comment.) XD
      Edited by Volkodav on April 30, 2016 9:23PM
      Options
    • nimander99
      nimander99
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      This news makes me happy in my pants ;)
      I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
      "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
      "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
      "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
      "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
      "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
      "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
      "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
      "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
      "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
      "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
      Options
    • TX12001rwb17_ESO
      TX12001rwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Id give anything to see the ghostfence again

id give anything to walk the ashlands of vvardenfell again

id give my left foot to see the city of vivec

The Ghostfence hasn't been built yet.

Options
    • TX12001rwb17_ESO
      TX12001rwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Cavanoskus wrote: »
      aldriq wrote: »
      nordmarian wrote: »
      Another thing is that Morrowind was so much bigger and I'm afraid the ESO version of Vvardenfell will be way too small for our taste. I'm hoping for a zone twice as big as Stonefalls or even bigger.

To be fair, since Vvardenfell is almost as large as the rest of mainland Morrowind it's very likely it would be split in at least in 3 zones. And for a DLC they may only release one.

Well in Morrowind Vardenfell appeared to be really large on the ground - but once you had levitation on a ring and could perma-levitate and slowly fly around, you could see, that it is not really that big, but appeared that way nevertheless due to a clever valley design. By air the distances were not that long, even with just flying at a bit over walk speed via levitation ring. i used that quite a lot to get quickly around and do my Morag Tong tasks.

If I remember correctly, Morrowind's landmass was done at 1/3rd scale. I don't know what scale the land in ESO is at, but Vvardenfell could end up being quite a bit larger than what we're used to from Morrowind.
      If The ESO map is anything to go by then Vvardenfell will be less then half of the size that it was in Morrowind and in Morrowind it was around half of Skyrim's size, in Other words it wont be much larger then Auridon or Stonefalls.

This is the "true" Tamriel map
      http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/213/1/3/political_map_of_tamriel_4e193___revised_by_jakhajay-d4splcu.png

This is the offscale ESO Map
      http://tamrielfoundry.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/map-background.jpg

Also notice how Bleakrock Isle doesn't exist in the "True" sized map? ZoS just made that place up and put it somewhere that steps on the geography of the other ES games, Infact how will ZoS Explain this? where did Bleakrock isle go and why is Vvardenfell less then half the size that it will be within 800 years, infact where is the entire Boethian Mountain range? you know where the city of Blacklight will be and what about the place where Dayspring canyon will be?

Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on April 30, 2016 10:21PM
      Options
    • altemriel
      altemriel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Vvardenfel, Gnisis, Vos, Tel-Mora, Tel-Arun, Sadrit-Mora, Tel-Fir, Tel-Branora, Suran, Balmora, Ezutanamus, Yansirramus, Bal-Fel, Ald-Sota and Mzanch

also new dungeon Cradle of Shadow - belonged to nucturnal Realm, "Now his spirit becomes one with the Evergloam… the realm of perpetual twilight and the cradle of shadow"

also the quest can be found, where you can read about Fate-Bearers - the organization from Vvanderfel

"That I can’t promise. It’s my burden to bear the dictates of fate, and that burden sends me where it will. But for now, we’ll return to Vvardenfell. To our shrine of the changing fates. Interesting. It appears we’ll meet again there."

ok let`s say it would be vvanderfell, how would it be in the era of ESO? where do we stand in the time frame described here?
      http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Vvardenfell
      Options
    • TX12001rwb17_ESO
      TX12001rwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      altemriel wrote: »

ok let`s say it would be vvanderfell, how would it be in the era of ESO? where do we stand in the time frame described here?
      http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Vvardenfell

Well Dagoth Ur hasn't awoken so logically ash creatures shouldn't even exist, also the Ghostfence hasn't been built yet as the blight spreading after Dagoth Ur awoke was why it was built in the first place to keep it contained and their is no official Imperial Settelment on Vvardenfell yet either.
      Options