The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[DATAMINE] Next DLC - Vvardenfel?

• Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one fears we will never see beautiful Elsweyr. There were no khajiit heroes in the movies, not even a khajiit in the promo video for the Thieves Guild. No khajiit costumes have we seen.

Also no ball of yarn emote and still no saddle that does not pinch the tail.

We are the unloved ones of Tamriel.

Yours with resigned to it paws
    Santie Claws

Nah they are just saving the best for last :)
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
    Options
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well the, this excites me on so many levels.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Remaking a region, which was already in former TES games is a risk - it is a big tease, to go back to the lands of Morrowind, but I see it like this:

If I compare the looks of the landscape of the gold coast in Oblivion and in the new DLC (what I have seen from it in videos, that is), I am missing certain terrain features, which gave it a certain feel to it - earthy ridges, not rocky ones - but in the DLC those are rocks - which are not flat on their top, like the many smaller earthy ridges in Oblivion, but rocky large boulders instead. I loved the look of these earthy ridges and the golden dense vegetation of the gold coast in Oblivion - in the DLC it looks barren and somewhat wrong to me.

Now if Vardenfell would as well look that much different from how it was in Morrowind, this could make fans complain and those are many - in a poll we have seen, that a lot started their TES adventures with Morrowind - and there the love for this world started - and when this would look a lot different from what it was, this could be really a huge disappointment.

So doing this would certainly be a risk.

It is a risk. But they can't not add zones because of nostalgia goggles.

Remember, this is 800 plus years before the main series. Things will look different. And whilst this may cause a bit of a furor with some fans, but in that span of time things logically would look different. I love Morrowind, and greatly hope that they do add Vvardenfell. It will be different, but at the same time it will be wonderfully familiar.

Terrain features like I described them, change during the course of many tens of million years, not within 800 years.

And that is absolutely true. However, I have been back to places after 10 + years that have changed. Never mind after 800.

Also, they can't exactly recreate everything completely spot on. I rather think some rocky terrain being different is slightly nitpicky, no?
    Edited by JD2013 on April 29, 2016 2:23PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remaking a region, which was already in former TES games is a risk - it is a big tease, to go back to the lands of Morrowind, but I see it like this:

If I compare the looks of the landscape of the gold coast in Oblivion and in the new DLC (what I have seen from it in videos, that is), I am missing certain terrain features, which gave it a certain feel to it - earthy ridges, not rocky ones - but in the DLC those are rocks - which are not flat on their top, like the many smaller earthy ridges in Oblivion, but rocky large boulders instead. I loved the look of these earthy ridges and the golden dense vegetation of the gold coast in Oblivion - in the DLC it looks barren and somewhat wrong to me.

Now if Vardenfell would as well look that much different from how it was in Morrowind, this could make fans complain and those are many - in a poll we have seen, that a lot started their TES adventures with Morrowind - and there the love for this world started - and when this would look a lot different from what it was, this could be really a huge disappointment.

Remember, this is 800 plus years before the main series. Things will look different. And whilst this may cause a bit of a furor with some fans, but in that span of time things logically would look different. I love Morrowind, and greatly hope that they do add Vvardenfell. It will be different, but at the same time it will be wonderfully familiar.

Terrain features like I described them, change during the course of many tens of million years, not within 800 years.

And that is absolutely true. However, I have been back to places after 10 + years that have changed. Never mind after 800.

Also, they can't exactly recreate everything completely spot on. I rather think rocky terrain being different is slightly nitpicky, no?

How would you like it, if the grand canyon would have to be done in a game and it would not look like it does in the real world, but be a hilly grassy terrain with smooth elevations instead?- The character of a landscape is lost due to such things IMO. Rocks are a quite different type than earthy ridges - and it gives the landscape a certain look and feel to it.
    Options
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is true... this is FREAKIN AWESOME ! Clockwork & Vvardenfell, my dreams are coming true :)
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on April 29, 2016 2:26PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, they can't exactly recreate everything completely spot on. I rather think rocky terrain being different is slightly nitpicky, no?

How would you like it, if the grand canyon would have to be done in a game and it would not look like it does in the real world, but be a hilly grassy terrain with smooth elevations instead?- The character of a landscape is lost due to such things IMO. Rocks are a quite different type than earthy ridges - and it gives the landscape a certain look and feel to it.

Well, the grand canyon would not bother me so much as I am not American :wink:

I get what you mean, I absolutely do. But to me, the Gold Coast doesn't look massively different. Though, in fairness, it has been quite some time since I fired up Oblivion.

Cyrodiil, however pretty, looks generic fantasy to me, despite my absolute love of the lore. Though the coastal areas are really stunning when the sun is setting there, so I am okay with it all.

You are of course as entitled to your opinions as I am though, and if you find it not as your remember, then it isn't.
    Edited by JD2013 on April 29, 2016 2:29PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get what you mean, I absolutely do. But to me, the Gold Coast doesn't look massively different. Though, in fairness, it has been quite some time since I fired up Oblivion.

Cyrodiil, however pretty, looks generic fantasy to me, despite my absolute love of the lore. Though the coastal areas are really stunning when the sun is setting there, so I am okay with it all.

You are of course as entitled to your opinions as I am though, and if you find it not as your remember, then it isn't.

I am still playing Oblivion and that might be the reason, why I experience it differently - it is not something I remember from the past, I just was there last week. I use these ridges to look around and spot game, so I know pretty well how those look like.
    Edited by Lysette on April 29, 2016 2:33PM
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am still playing Oblivion and that might be the reason, why I experience it differently - it is not something I remember from the past, I just was there last week.

Yeah that is likely it :smile:

Man, now I need to go fire up Oblivion again ...
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    If this is true... this is FREAKIN AWESOME ! Clockwork & Vvardenfell, my dreams are coming true :)

You get back to your city and stay there until told otherwise! :wink:
    Edited by JD2013 on April 29, 2016 2:33PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *checks the date to see if it's April 1st*
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one fears we will never see beautiful Elsweyr. There were no khajiit heroes in the movies, not even a khajiit in the promo video for the Thieves Guild. No khajiit costumes have we seen.

Also no ball of yarn emote and still no saddle that does not pinch the tail.

We are the unloved ones of Tamriel.

Yours with resigned to it paws
    Santie Claws

There are many beautiful kitties in the Maw dungeon :)
    Options
  • Moozzie
    Moozzie
    ✭✭
    These references are a leftover from their aprils fools joke ;(
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, but we also heard about horse racing and Murkmire like, years ago, from PTS datamining, so idk if it's just a teaser for stuff coming Eventually or if it's a teaser for stuff coming Soon. I'm curious how this fits into the timeline, though. Are those areas supposed to be inhabited yet?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • Moozzie
    Moozzie
    ✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Interesting, but we also heard about horse racing and Murkmire like, years ago, from PTS datamining, so idk if it's just a teaser for stuff coming Eventually or if it's a teaser for stuff coming Soon. I'm curious how this fits into the timeline, though. Are those areas supposed to be inhabited yet?

Not as inhabited as we know it from morrowind. It used to be pretty inhabited in E1 but some plague or so happend. And only a few stayed. I guess they are known as asslanders.
    Options
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see "ESO-Timeline" Vvardenfell.

I'm sure on a long enough timeline we'll "go" everywhere. Money to be made, you know.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
    Options
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except that analogy doesn't even come close to describing the disparity in looks between TES IV and ESO. It's way more minor.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am still playing Oblivion and that might be the reason, why I experience it differently - it is not something I remember from the past, I just was there last week. I use these ridges to look around and spot game, so I know pretty well how those look like.
    Yeah, nostalgia works best when it's what you think you remember, rather than what you know to be true.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm i dunno if i can believe this, i wish i could datamine myself :D
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
    Options
  • ElderBugOffline
    ElderBugOffline
    ✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »

its simple
    just google and datamine pts files
    Options
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did you find this info exactly? I mean, who or what is Terabit. Can you show us a source to this? That would be pretty cool!
    Options
  • ElderBugOffline
    ElderBugOffline
    ✭✭✭
    Where did you find this info exactly? I mean, who or what is Terabit. Can you show us a source to this? That would be pretty cool!

terabit always posting datamined info on one russian forum and here too

all his topics with Feature of Costumes for crowns etc
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/262033/data-mining-new-crown-store-items-from-2-4-0

this is latest datamine
    http://elderscrolls.net/2016/04/29/16939-tes-online-odna-iz-sleduyushhikh-ostanovok-vvardenfel/
    Options
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, thanks :)
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id give anything to see the ghostfence again

id give anything to walk the ashlands of vvardenfell again

id give my left foot to see the city of vivec
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

Yeah, nostalgia works best when it's what you think you remember, rather than what you know to be true.

it has boulders but as well earthy ridges, where the base is rock, but their top is flattened and overgrown with grass, which creates earthy soil on top of those ridges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq0rKbC5F_I

Just look at how common this formation is.
    Edited by Lysette on April 29, 2016 4:49PM
    Options
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »

its simple
    just google and datamine pts files

I have tried a lot of times before but i can never understand how to do it and since there is not videos on how to datamine eso for noobs i can't help but just give up after half an hour of hitting my head against a wall.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
    Options
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im dc and would approve a summerset dlc....to raid and burn down that whole place.
    Long live the covenant! Long live the future empire! Long live king emeric!

lol :D
    Edited by Father_X_Zombie on April 29, 2016 5:36PM
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

Options
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AHHHHH, me dear mortals. Don't you remember me own set of islands called Sheogorad?

I do!

Except when I don't.

I specifically included them with Vvardenfell because of my fascination with pointy rocks. Reminds me of countless teeth awash in a sea of saliva. Kind of like me great aunt's second wife, Dreadaedrothicaz, right before she bit into a Scamp belly.

Hideous creature, don't know why I mentioned her. One of those things you can't un-see, you know?

I wonder if I had left me Fork, my precious Fork, there by then. Hmmm....

Time is relative, you know. Relatively speaking. Which I just did, about my relatives. If you were even listening!!!

Most sincerely,
    Uncle Sheo
    Options
  • Nightingale1176
    Screenshot_20160421_124901.png
    Screenshot_20160421_124524.png

^ Skingrad on Live as of 4 days ago.
    Founder - Nightingale Supply Co. YouTube - Nightingale Gaming

Alexxia Aurelia - Stamplar
    Arena Gabrielle - Templar Healer
    Auri-ela - Magic Templar
    Crazy Uncle Sheo - DK Tank/Fire Mage - Retired
    Karliah Riggs - Crafter
    Nocturnal - NB Magic DPS
    Rolex Light-Dweller - Sorc
    Talks-N-Third-Person - NB Stamina DPS - Retired
    Tank Force One - DK Tank
    Valeriya Skoria - v16 DK Fire mage
    Options
  • frethopper
    frethopper
    ✭✭✭
    I had hoped Vvardenfell would be in ESO since the game was announced. Morrowind rocked my world when I first played it.
    Options
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remaking a region, which was already in former TES games is a risk - it is a big tease

Well, they have remade TES2: Daggerfall for ESO and its a good thing for me because I havent played it too much. I loved TES games since I played Morrowind so I am very excited to see it again, but hoping the areas around that island also come in the next DLC.
    Edited by jcaceresw on April 29, 2016 6:13PM
    Options
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    nordmarian wrote: »
    Another thing is that Morrowind was so much bigger and I'm afraid the ESO version of Vvardenfell will be way too small for our taste. I'm hoping for a zone twice as big as Stonefalls or even bigger.

To be fair, since Vvardenfell is almost as large as the rest of mainland Morrowind it's very likely it would be split in at least in 3 zones. And for a DLC they may only release one.
    Options