The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[DATAMINE] Next DLC - Vvardenfel?

• ElderBugOffline
    ElderBugOffline
    ✭✭✭
    summerset island also will split to 2-3 locations
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    *** this lame ass dark elf ***, just add Elsweyr into the game already, we have NEVER been there once besides Reaper's March, if you want Morrowind so bad, you can go there if you just go play Morrowind.

I mean, according to every map Ive seen, only half of Reapers March is Elswyr. Everything west of the river is in Valenwood.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Remaking a region, which was already in former TES games is a risk - it is a big tease, to go back to the lands of Morrowind, but I see it like this:

If I compare the looks of the landscape of the gold coast in Oblivion and in the new DLC (what I have seen from it in videos, that is), I am missing certain terrain features, which gave it a certain feel to it - earthy ridges, not rocky ones - but in the DLC those are rocks - which are not flat on their top, like the many smaller earthy ridges in Oblivion, but rocky large boulders instead. I loved the look of these earthy ridges and the golden dense vegetation of the gold coast in Oblivion - in the DLC it looks barren and somewhat wrong to me.

Now if Vardenfell would as well look that much different from how it was in Morrowind, this could make fans complain and those are many - in a poll we have seen, that a lot started their TES adventures with Morrowind - and there the love for this world started - and when this would look a lot different from what it was, this could be really a huge disappointment.

So doing this would certainly be a risk.

It is a risk. But they can't not add zones because of nostalgia goggles.

Remember, this is 800 plus years before the main series. Things will look different. And whilst this may cause a bit of a furor with some fans, but in that span of time things logically would look different. I love Morrowind, and greatly hope that they do add Vvardenfell. It will be different, but at the same time it will be wonderfully familiar.

Terrain features like I described them, change during the course of many tens of million years, not within 800 years.

And that is absolutely true. However, I have been back to places after 10 + years that have changed. Never mind after 800.

Also, they can't exactly recreate everything completely spot on. I rather think rocky terrain being different is slightly nitpicky, no?

How would you like it, if the grand canyon would have to be done in a game and it would not look like it does in the real world, but be a hilly grassy terrain with smooth elevations instead?- The character of a landscape is lost due to such things IMO. Rocks are a quite different type than earthy ridges - and it gives the landscape a certain look and feel to it.

You havent even seen it yet. More importantly Vvardenfell at this time in history hasnt been formally colonized. Its at best a hand full of outposts and mostly a nature reserve.

Theres also a GIANT volcano sitting in the middle of the island. I dont think youre an expert on geology if you cant understand how drastically the land changes when theres a volcano actively changing the landscape. Minor and major terrain features will be significantly different even in a small time frame. Let a lone almost 1000 years. If you were to go back 800 years in the very exact location your house sits. I guarantee you wont recognize anything.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxresdefault.jpg
    So much nostalgia!

EDIT: Changed pic from a Vvardenfell map into the Ghostgate. Even more nostalgia!
    Edited by Vaoh on April 30, 2016 7:47AM
    Options
  • ElderBugOffline
    ElderBugOffline
    ✭✭✭
    @Doncellius too big picture
    please resize
    Options
  • Arthmoor
    Arthmoor
    ✭✭✭
    Id give anything to see the ghostfence again

id give anything to walk the ashlands of vvardenfell again

id give my left foot to see the city of vivec

Seeing the ghostfence would be cool, but that doesn't happen for 300 more years according to the Second Era timeline.
    Options
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol 3 year and no single DLC for AD?

its dissapointing

if this dlc had bin in the AD the EP would be saying exactly what you are now lol someone had to loose
    Edited by hamburgerler76 on April 30, 2016 7:08AM
    Options
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one fears we will never see beautiful Elsweyr. There were no khajiit heroes in the movies, not even a khajiit in the promo video for the Thieves Guild. No khajiit costumes have we seen.

Also no ball of yarn emote and still no saddle that does not pinch the tail.

We are the unloved ones of Tamriel.

Yours with resigned to it paws
    Santie Claws

Khajiit make great pets and decorations for player housing. Own your own khajiit rug to go by the fireplace for 5k crowns.
    Edited by swirve on April 30, 2016 7:10AM
    Options
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    *checks the date to see if it's April 1st*

lol, I did the same thing.

New land teasers and information always make me giddy and I don't even play the game much anymore, but I'll start back up again eventually. :P
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DON'T TELL ME IF IT LIE, DON'T EVEN DARE.
    hype-gif-454.gif
    Edited by Cinbri on April 30, 2016 7:33AM
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Doncellius too big picture
    please resize
    Fixed.... sort of :)
    Options
  • nihonseanb14_ESO
    nihonseanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    lol 3 year and no single DLC for AD?

its dissapointing

Impressive, especially considering that the game has been out for two years.

And for the record, the only faction that has gotten a new zone is kind of sort of DC. Kind of sort of because it's DLC and all factions can access it from lvl 1 through v16.
    Options
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping, Vvardenfell and Summerset Isles would come as a very large zone instead of splitting into smaller ones. On an large plain landscape in order to break it into smaller parts you have to build walls... Where do you think this wall will pass through Vvardenfell? Natural or not it might ruin the pleasure of an open world if done wrong.

TES6 Black March, TES7 Valenwood/Elsweyr/Summerset Isles, TES8 Daggerfall... my 2 cents :)
    My hope is any of the BM/V/E/SI... althrough too much green. But... it would be very nice to be mixed with some Dwemer lore and their long lost technologies such as Airships. Steam punk rpg like. It might goes awesome. Until them all i want are Slit Striders!
    Edited by deleted008293 on April 30, 2016 9:29AM
    Options
  • Kirameku
    Kirameku
    ✭✭✭
    Where's Vivek city? I want to see it too
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nordmarian wrote: »
    I'm hoping, Vvardenfell and Summerset Isles would come as a very large zone instead of splitting into smaller ones. On an large plain landscape in order to break it into smaller parts you have to build walls... Where do you think this wall will pass through Vvardenfell? Natural or not it might ruin the pleasure of an open world if done wrong.
    Vvardenfell's got quite a lot of mountains and foyadas. They would be prime candidates for zone borders. For example, Zone 1: Bitter Coast/West Gash/western Ashlands, bordered by Foyada Mamaea and Foyada Bani-dad; Zone 2: northern Ashlands/Sheogorad, bordered by Foyada Bani-dad, the sea, and an eastern mountain range; Zone 3: Grazelands/Azura's Coast/Molag Amur, bordered by a western mountain range, the sea, Foyada Ashur-dan, and the Nabia River; Zone 4, southern Ashlands/Ascadian Isles, bordered by the Nabira River and Foyada Mamaea.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Cavanoskus
    Cavanoskus
    ✭✭✭
    Random thought:

True that 800 years wouldn't be enough for certain levels of changes to scenery. True that Vvardenfell, during ESO's time period, is still pretty empty. Lots of good points of this nature, being brought up in this thread. However, it's been speculated that ESO takes place in a Dragon Break. If this is true:

There could be literally any amount of time passing while Akatosh is broken. So, maybe we've experienced 8,000 years in the space of one. Time becomes non-linear, and so does space, it seems.

At the end of a Dragon Break, the world... configures to a new form, and then time resumes normally. So things could be in almost any state at the point that it solidifies. Sometimes this includes contradictory or mutually exclusive events (see the end of Daggerfall).

Nothing that takes place in a Dragon Break can be said to have really happened unless it persists when time solidifies. So, technically, the entire plot of ESO may never have happened.

Honestly, when I see an inconsistency in lore, first I get irritated at the oversight, but then I get suspicious that I'm seeing something from an alternate time stream, and the Dragon is broken. (I have to hand it to Bethesda, really; they created an actual in-world reason for being able to retcon whatever they want, and handwave away entire periods of history.)
    Options
  • Domino44G
    Domino44G
    ✭✭
    People keep saying that Vvardenfell will not be exactly as it was in TES III however, neither is Skyrim yet I don't remember anyone complaining about how big Windhelm was in comparison to its look in TES Skyrim. What I do remember is people say how amazing it was to stand at the crossed roads entrance of Windnelm an take in that familiar place. They weren't screening about the lack of familiarity, they were marveling at it, and it was just the entrance. Vvardenfell, more over, TES III fans will be just fine with this. This is no risk.
    Options
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    HOLY CRAP! I'm so excited now :D Hope the next DLC is is Vvardenfell :)))))))) So much memories coming back!
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
    Options
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people on the gold coast mentioned the island when I tried the DB DLC out on the PTS. I'd say it's highly likely we'll be going there! I hope they keep it in touch with morrowind's rendition of the island.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So THIS is why Zeni's been so quiet about everything in Q3/Q4...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Returning to ...Vvardenfell?
    The tears of joy, they don't stop... :sleepy::blush:
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This one fears we will never see beautiful Elsweyr. There were no khajiit heroes in the movies, not even a khajiit in the promo video for the Thieves Guild. No khajiit costumes have we seen.

Santie Claws
    That's because ZOS are a bunch of oppressive racists, which is why they have also not fixed the Khajiit passive, not fixed the missing claws with Yokuda gloves, and not fixed the whole face wrap garbage when you wear the Akavir light hat on a Khajiit.

Weird, no one at ZOS looks particularly Altmer. Well, maybe Kai.
    Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is Vvardenfel?
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aldriq wrote: »
    nordmarian wrote: »
    Another thing is that Morrowind was so much bigger and I'm afraid the ESO version of Vvardenfell will be way too small for our taste. I'm hoping for a zone twice as big as Stonefalls or even bigger.

To be fair, since Vvardenfell is almost as large as the rest of mainland Morrowind it's very likely it would be split in at least in 3 zones. And for a DLC they may only release one.

Well in Morrowind Vardenfell appeared to be really large on the ground - but once you had levitation on a ring and could perma-levitate and slowly fly around, you could see, that it is not really that big, but appeared that way nevertheless due to a clever valley design. By air the distances were not that long, even with just flying at a bit over walk speed via levitation ring. i used that quite a lot to get quickly around and do my Morag Tong tasks.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remaking a region, which was already in former TES games is a risk - it is a big tease, to go back to the lands of Morrowind, but I see it like this:

If I compare the looks of the landscape of the gold coast in Oblivion and in the new DLC (what I have seen from it in videos, that is), I am missing certain terrain features, which gave it a certain feel to it - earthy ridges, not rocky ones - but in the DLC those are rocks - which are not flat on their top, like the many smaller earthy ridges in Oblivion, but rocky large boulders instead. I loved the look of these earthy ridges and the golden dense vegetation of the gold coast in Oblivion - in the DLC it looks barren and somewhat wrong to me.

Now if Vardenfell would as well look that much different from how it was in Morrowind, this could make fans complain and those are many - in a poll we have seen, that a lot started their TES adventures with Morrowind - and there the love for this world started - and when this would look a lot different from what it was, this could be really a huge disappointment.

So doing this would certainly be a risk.

It is a risk. But they can't not add zones because of nostalgia goggles.

Remember, this is 800 plus years before the main series. Things will look different. And whilst this may cause a bit of a furor with some fans, but in that span of time things logically would look different. I love Morrowind, and greatly hope that they do add Vvardenfell. It will be different, but at the same time it will be wonderfully familiar.

Terrain features like I described them, change during the course of many tens of million years, not within 800 years.

And that is absolutely true. However, I have been back to places after 10 + years that have changed. Never mind after 800.

Also, they can't exactly recreate everything completely spot on. I rather think rocky terrain being different is slightly nitpicky, no?

How would you like it, if the grand canyon would have to be done in a game and it would not look like it does in the real world, but be a hilly grassy terrain with smooth elevations instead?- The character of a landscape is lost due to such things IMO. Rocks are a quite different type than earthy ridges - and it gives the landscape a certain look and feel to it.

You havent even seen it yet. More importantly Vvardenfell at this time in history hasnt been formally colonized. Its at best a hand full of outposts and mostly a nature reserve.

Theres also a GIANT volcano sitting in the middle of the island. I dont think youre an expert on geology if you cant understand how drastically the land changes when theres a volcano actively changing the landscape. Minor and major terrain features will be significantly different even in a small time frame. Let a lone almost 1000 years. If you were to go back 800 years in the very exact location your house sits. I guarantee you wont recognize anything.

I was talking about the gold coast, not Vardenfell, in this comment about the ridges.
    Options
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FFS!!! Spoiler alert.....
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now that sounds awesome.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OMG,..cant be true! I mean,they said they werent going to add Vvardenfell! My one and only wish for this game is having Morrowind added to it.
    Efaritay wrote: »
    BALMORA! <3

YES!!!
    AND Caldera,Suran,Seyda Neen(My heart's home),..and Vivec!!
    I dont dare hope though,..
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Santie Claws
    That's because ZOS are a bunch of oppressive racists, which is why they have also not fixed the Khajiit passive, not fixed the missing claws with Yokuda gloves, and not fixed the whole face wrap garbage when you wear the Akavir light hat on a Khajiit.

Surprised they let you wear hats and helms at all remember before oblivion beasts men couldn't wear anything with a face plate or helm or boots for that matter.

Isn't elsywer just another desert and forest land just like all of reapers March was?
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options