Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Recipes

Minkey_M0nkey
This may be in the wrong section so apologies if that is the case!

I'm on a mission to collect all the recipes in the game. I now only have 32 left to get! But I am finding them very difficult to come by. I tend to look in all traders once a week in case I get lucky and go stealing in areas around the level of the recipe, but seem to be hitting walls now with it! Any suggestions or advice that I might not have tried for finding them would be appreciated (example: would setting up a character in another allegiance in crease the drop of certain recipes? I'm in Ebonheart Pact)

I'll pop the list I'm looking for on as well in case this is needed at all for suggestions of where the I can find them.

Green: 1
Thrassian chai

Blues: 29
Apple Baked Fish
Colovian Roast Turkey
Baked Sole with Bananas
Pork and Bitter Melon
Oyster Tomato Orzo
Salmon with Radish Stew
Stuffed Venison Haunch
Falkreath Meat Loaf
Highland Rabbit Stew
Frost Fall Pork Roast
Psijic Order Pigs in A blanket
Apple mashed potatoes
Hearthfire vegetable salad
Apple eidar cheese salad
Suns height pudding
Ashlander ochre mash
Savoury banana corn bread
Sujamma
Bitter remorse ale
Sprigan sap
Truth-glimpse
Hunt wife's grog
Bravil mead
Drowned sailor ale
Ginger port
Gingko double brandy
Auzuras rose tea
Celestial tonic tea

Purple: 3
Gold Coast mudcrab fries
Braised sweetmeats
Goatherds pie
Guildmaster for The Games Den trading guild (sister Guild to The Knights of the Blade)
Co-leader for The Knights of the Blade
Find us at: knights-of-the-blade.gamerlaunch.com

Vet 16 - Templar - Wood Elf - Ebonheart Pact
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you play on PC, you can download and install Awesome Guildstore addon, and search directly for recipes you have not learned yet through guildstores.

Recipes that are required for writs can be bought at a vendor, so in case the green recipe you lack is used for writs, you can buy it fast from an npc. Prices are around 1k I think...

It freaking took me many hours of search througout many months to finelly get the Summerset Rainbow Pie recipe, I was willing to pay 60k for it and I found it for 9k... Q.Q I want an auction house!
  • Minkey_M0nkey
    I'm on the Xbox sadly, so no easy search. I have to go through list after list, which is why I don't do it more often. Appreciate the reply though :)

Guildmaster for The Games Den trading guild (sister Guild to The Knights of the Blade)

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh ..ohh x_x that ...... you've got my sympathy.

If there are any trading websites, maybe you can list the remaining recipes you lack as items you search for, and get lucky and get contacted by people who sells them.

Alternatively if you can afford it, find a little lowbie in need of gold, and offer him a good price for the recipes you need, he can go and farm/buy them to sell them to you afterwards.
    << I have had one of those :p I needed large amounts of lowbie green recipes for all my chars + my friends chars to level up provisioning... It really saved me a lot of time. Back then you had to be low level to farm low level recipes and materials for provisioning >.<

Edit: I do not mean buying/selling for real life money, but ingame trading. x_x I don't want to be misunderstood on that point.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on April 11, 2016 1:04PM
  • Minkey_M0nkey
    I don't know of any, but maybe some of my guildies will know of some.

Thank you for the suggestions :D.

• AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure you already know this but just in case not, when searching the guild traders you can select the colour of the recipes to filter on. That would speed up searching for the blue/purple ones you're after, won't help on the green one though unfortunately. I'll keep an eye out for you and mail you any I find
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Minkey_M0nkey
    Ai, just need to get the last pesky green then I can ditch that category!

Much appreciated chap, catch you in guild chat some time (if we ever get the internet back at home! No net for two days... how will I get my ESO fix!)

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm I forgot to mention something... I used to find a lot of rare lower tier recipes in the stores of casual social guilds, not the veteran trading guilds.

The busy veteran trading guilds that cash in millions a week rarely have members that bother to farm lower tier recipes for selling purposes ...they do farm them, but it's mainly for themselves or their alts.

I think it is because the social guilds or the non-veteran trading guilds are more inclusive, so their lowbies can get a chance to earn some gold in the game.

Most veteran trading guilds I've been it would only accept non-veterans or lower veteran rank players if they had interest in selling flowers and raw materials. Of course they could sell whatever els they wanted, as long as they also sold flowers & raw mats, however those lowbies had usually a good sense for profit, so they would mainly (not always) stick to filling their 30 spots with columbine and ingots.
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    Hi minkey, y are doing well and I'm doing the same, my list is below.

I'm xb1 eu LeeDa1Gooner.

I put out a 10k bounty per recipe received in our guild, only a few people found some and cashed in but I know they are hard to find and don't mind paying if it narrows the list down.

Good hunting

GREEN RECIPES
    Done

BLUE RECIPES
    Melon carpaccio
    Peacock pie
    Colovian roast turkey
    Rabbit gnocchi ragu
    Highland rabbit stew
    Hunt wife's beef radish stew
    Last seed salad
    Sweet potato
    Truth glimps
    Kaveh stout
    Dibellas kiss tea
    Azuras rose tea
    Celestial tonic tea

PURPLE RECIPES

Planked abecean longfin
    Edited by saxgooner on May 3, 2016 10:03AM
  • MasterGohan
    MasterGohan
    ✭✭
    I've seen quite a few of those recipes at the guild traders in craglorn
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just need one recipe, just one, to have all of them on one character. It is a L25 Blue Recipe having to do with Rabbits or Bunnies or something with a fluffy tail. I think it is the Highland Rabbit Stew.

I have other characters that have counts in the upper 400's, one other one is in the low 500's. But I promise I will stop buying recipes so others can find them if I can get that Rabbit recipe.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to craglorn if I can get back on
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saxgooner wrote: »
    I am going to craglorn if I can get back on

Best towns for god recipe selections are Wayrest, Craglorn, Orsinium, Rawkla, Elden Root, Shadowfen, Deeshan and where ever Lone Wolf Help has their Kiosk this week. We have tons of recipes in our guild store. Except that Rabbit Stew one.....

• Calidus1
    Calidus1
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I just need one recipe, just one, to have all of them on one character. It is a L25 Blue Recipe having to do with Rabbits or Bunnies or something with a fluffy tail. I think it is the Highland Rabbit Stew.

I have other characters that have counts in the upper 400's, one other one is in the low 500's. But I promise I will stop buying recipes so others can find them if I can get that Rabbit recipe.

My white buffalo was "Clovian Roast turkey." Which i see is on OP's and sax's list as well. I finally found it after two months of having every other recipe. There's always that one....
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm I forgot to mention something... I used to find a lot of rare lower tier recipes in the stores of casual social guilds, not the veteran trading guilds.
    ^^^ That ...

Smaller more casual guilds tend to have a better selection of crafting supplies in general. I should know, i run one.
    biggrin.gif
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start a new toon. Start doing provisioning writs. Most of what you are missing are from the first couple of levels of crafting writ rewards. It's so darned easy to blow through those levels that people don't stay there long enough and do enough crafting writs to get those recipes. The most expensive recipes in the game are the Blue 2/2 recipes, and are so incredibly rare for this exact reason.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pomaikai wrote: »
    Start a new toon. Start doing provisioning writs. Most of what you are missing are from the first couple of levels of crafting writ rewards. It's so darned easy to blow through those levels that people don't stay there long enough and do enough crafting writs to get those recipes. The most expensive recipes in the game are the Blue 2/2 recipes, and are so incredibly rare for this exact reason.

I just had a crafter doing L2 Writs for just this reason. I picked up a lot of Blue and Purple L2/L3 Recipes doing this.

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pomaikai it is easier and less time consuming to spend 15k on a respec and go do the lowbie writs on a v16, than to start with a new toon.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pomaikai it is easier and less time consuming to spend 15k on a respec and go do the lowbie writs on a v16, than to start with a new toon.

Although it is nice to have an L6 to L10 that does nothing but Provisioning Writs, if you can spare the character slot. I had two characters that did nothing but writs, although I am leveling one of them right now. Anyway, I did this just to find the recipes, no other reason. Well, they are also Inventory Mules. You can do all the way to Coldharbor (L5 Recipe Level) on an L6 Character, once you have spoken to the Groundskeeper up there.

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah that is true.

The benefit of doing so many writs is really that you can store all the crafting materials on one char, and once you gain 200 stacks you can sell them cheap at guildtraders, it's a nice side income for times when you lack stuff to fill up the 30 spots.

I do everything crafting related on my main, however I quit doing writs at IC release. I was too busy farming tel var stones, and once Wrothgar was released my writ location did too ...I never did any since then, mainly because I don't want to bother finding survey locatons and the economic payoff is not that good for me.

...btw. I apologize beforehand for 324324324 spelling mistakes and typos, I am so sleepy I see double xD

• Minkey_M0nkey
    Forgot to check back in! Thanks for all the suggestions, I will try out some of the guilds in areas suggested again for traders. I do have an low level alt that I will be playing with at some point, I'll start doing writs on her as often as I can remember :)

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minkey_M0nkey are you EU? if so I may have some on your list, I'll take a look.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • mvon007
    mvon007
    On Xbox One US server, still looking for Hearthfire Vegetable Salad - definitely the rarest of all recipes, and the only one I don't have other than the yellow ones. Anyone got or seen one? I never have lol - even Apple Mashed Potatoes showed up after 9 months, but not this one. Cheers.
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    This must be harder than getting grand warlord
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭

And yet there is no title or reward for the accomplishment!
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • treborrealb14_ESO
    treborrealb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

And yet there is no title or reward for the accomplishment!

LOL yea I know right...and Emp in Cyrodill is way easier as well
  • NaloMeli
    NaloMeli
    If you play on PC, you can download and install Awesome Guildstore addon, and search directly for recipes you have not learned yet through guildstores.

Recipes that are required for writs can be bought at a vendor, so in case the green recipe you lack is used for writs, you can buy it fast from an npc. Prices are around 1k I think...
    !

OMGosh - so very good to know! One day I will find that Perfect Roe recipe...

• NaloMeli
    NaloMeli
    Nestor wrote: »

My Templar Blacksmith Alt just found that in Hew's Bane last night and will bank it for my Chef Alt. I hope she won't have to kill bunnies....
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goathearders pie you can get from turning in provisioning in alk'
  • Minkey_M0nkey
    Thanks folks. Managed to get a couple so far from posting a motd on our guild and offering a 10k reward so that was a good call! I'll look at setting up other characters in different regions for the rewards. For daily writs too!

• xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be in the wrong section so apologies if that is the case!

I'm on a mission to collect all the recipes in the game. I now only have 32 left to get! But I am finding them very difficult to come by. I tend to look in all traders once a week in case I get lucky and go stealing in areas around the level of the recipe, but seem to be hitting walls now with it! Any suggestions or advice that I might not have tried for finding them would be appreciated (example: would setting up a character in another allegiance in crease the drop of certain recipes? I'm in Ebonheart Pact)

I'll pop the list I'm looking for on as well in case this is needed at all for suggestions of where the I can find them.

Green: 1
    Thrassian chai

Blues: 29
    Apple Baked Fish
    Colovian Roast Turkey
    Baked Sole with Bananas
    Pork and Bitter Melon
    Oyster Tomato Orzo
    Salmon with Radish Stew
    Stuffed Venison Haunch
    Falkreath Meat Loaf
    Highland Rabbit Stew
    Frost Fall Pork Roast
    Psijic Order Pigs in A blanket
    Apple mashed potatoes
    Apple eidar cheese salad
    Suns height pudding
    Ashlander ochre mash
    Savoury banana corn bread
    Sujamma
    Bitter remorse ale
    Sprigan sap
    Truth-glimpse
    Hunt wife's grog
    Bravil mead
    Drowned sailor ale
    Ginger port
    Gingko double brandy
    Auzuras rose tea
    Celestial tonic tea

Purple: 3
    Gold Coast mudcrab fries
    Braised sweetmeats
    Goatherds pie

i have a bunch of the blue recipes you have listed. i am also looking for a few of the same ones you are. hit me up on xbl - xilfxlegion.