The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nos's "Infinite Sustain" MagSorc DPS (Dragon Bones DLC Ready)

• hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Croblasta wrote: »
    What are some alternatives if you don't have Aether? Any 3/4 piece sets I could use?

Currently using 4 piece destructive mage with Llambris and BSW.

You can use willpower and a non set staff
  • Croblasta
    Croblasta
    Would that be better than a set with a 2/3/4 piece bonus?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Croblasta wrote: »
    Would that be better than a set with a 2/3/4 piece bonus?

Yes
  • Troy_ESO
    Troy_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have a few questions about this build. I really like it and have been testing it out. I'm not geared out yet so my dps is lower than expected which is to be expected plus i'm only cp220 so there are alot of cp points to get more dps out of my sorc.

My main question is the build says to use vma inferno and moondancer staffs but i'm under the impression that this build is made for inferno and lighning staves hence the talk about how the lightning chains off and does more aoe dmg. So which is the setup.

Also can someone explain what LA means and weaving. I'm not exactly sure what this refers to. I might just not have heard the terminology before. I'm assuming LA means light attack. I could really use a breakdown of this so i can better understand the skill rotation. Also are you block casting with this build?

I'm currently wearing all purple burning weave but nothing is divines and i'm assuming thats the best trait for this build. Correct me if i'm wrong in assuming that. Also wearing 2 piece infernal guardian set because i'd rather use shields in place of bound aegis while solo farming/leveling, plus i don't have moondancer yet. And 3 piece elegant. Would I be better off wearing seducer and julianos until I have all the set pieces? Currently using my healer to farm our sets since its easier to get into a group.

One last thing, why isn't power surge used in this build and is there any way to work it in? That 20% dmg buff seems like it would be really worth having.

Thx in advance
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troy_ESO wrote: »
    I have a few questions about this build. I really like it and have been testing it out. I'm not geared out yet so my dps is lower than expected which is to be expected plus i'm only cp220 so there are alot of cp points to get more dps out of my sorc.

My main question is the build says to use vma inferno and moondancer staffs but i'm under the impression that this build is made for inferno and lighning staves hence the talk about how the lightning chains off and does more aoe dmg. So which is the setup.

Also can someone explain what LA means and weaving. I'm not exactly sure what this refers to. I might just not have heard the terminology before. I'm assuming LA means light attack. I could really use a breakdown of this so i can better understand the skill rotation. Also are you block casting with this build?

I'm currently wearing all purple burning weave but nothing is divines and i'm assuming thats the best trait for this build. Correct me if i'm wrong in assuming that. Also wearing 2 piece infernal guardian set because i'd rather use shields in place of bound aegis while solo farming/leveling, plus i don't have moondancer yet. And 3 piece elegant. Would I be better off wearing seducer and julianos until I have all the set pieces? Currently using my healer to farm our sets since its easier to get into a group.

One last thing, why isn't power surge used in this build and is there any way to work it in? That 20% dmg buff seems like it would be really worth having.

Thx in advance

Hey the build works for both lightning and fire staves, but best damage is achieved with fire/fire. However for you i think lightning main bar may prove to be more beneficial. LA refers to light attack weaving, which is casting a Light Attack and immediately canceling its animation by using a skill. Divines is the best trait for all armor pieces. Infernal guardian is not a PvE set, the proc is way too small and inconsequential to be used in PvE. Best starter gera would be 2 Ilambris, 3 willpower 5 julianos. As for crit surge, you will notice that you dont really have a free space on your bar, and the 20% damage buff is usually gained by using pots.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for Morrowind
  • zicran
    zicran
    ✭✭
    Thanks for this. Have you tried with netch's touch instead of necro ? With the changes for this set i'm wondering if this set is usefull for trials Like last boss of sanctum or last boss of AA where the pet is not really useful
    Zicran

EU Server PS4

Sorcerer V14, Breton , EP
    DragonKnight V14, Dunmer, EP
    Templar V14, Altmer, EP
    Nightblade V8, Bosmer, AD
    Nightblade V1, Bosmer, EP
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zicran wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Have you tried with netch's touch instead of necro ? With the changes for this set i'm wondering if this set is usefull for trials Like last boss of sanctum or last boss of AA where the pet is not really useful

Yup Netch's touch if you cant use pet and using lightning/lightning:)
  • Liley
    Liley
    ✭✭✭✭
    did you change the glyphs on jewelry for recovery? and are u using poisons? not sure whether to use them or not. Really wanna try this HA build.
    Edited by Liley on May 23, 2017 3:21PM
    PC | EU

Muriel Winterhauch | Magicka Sorcerer

• hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liley wrote: »
    did you change the glyphs on jewelry for recovery? and are u using poisons? not sure whether to use them or not. Really wanna try this HA build.

I didnt find the need to do so. I simply Alterrnate heavy attacks every other rotation OR wait till the add phase comes to heavy attack for increased regen.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2 cents. Hitting about 38k on a dummy with this. Swap prey and the shield. I understand that in theory you want to spend as much time on your lighting bar as possible with all our AoE damage, but I think it really simplifies the rotation to have all your DOTs applied in order on your back bar. I also think it really helps your weave. It is still very important to weave your back bar DOTs. On approx 1:20 skele parses you can still get off about 40 light attacks with this build. When I ran curse on my front bar, both my number of light attacks and overall DPS took a small hit.

The other nice thing about that is who doesnt like a front bar shield. I found you could sustain the following rotation really well: LA>LL, LA>Blockade, LA>Familiar, LA>Curse, Swap Cancel, HAx2 (or LA>execute x4 if below 20%), Shield, Swap Cancel repeat.

This works pretty well because you basically have a shield up when ever you are on your back bar. If you are trying to be a target dummy warrior, you can put your own ele drain there and swap cancel when you need to apply it.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on May 23, 2017 4:06PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2 cents. Hitting about 38k on a dummy with this. Swap prey and the shield. I understand that in theory you want to spend as much time on your lighting bar as possible with all our AoE damage, but I think it really simplifies the rotation to have all your DOTs applied in order on your back bar. I also think it really helps your weave. It is still very important to weave your back bar DOTs. On approx 1:20 parses you can still get off about 40 light attacks with this build. When I ran curse on my front bar, both my number of light attacks and overall DPS took a small hit.

The other nice thing about that is who doesnt like a front bar shield. I found you could sustain the following rotation really well: LA>LL, LA>Blockade, LA>Familiar, LA>Curse, Swap Cancel, HAx2 (or LA>execute x4 if below 20%), Shield, Swap Cancel repeat.

This works pretty well because you basically have a shield up when ever you are on your back bar. If you are trying to be a target dummy warrior, you can put your own ele drain there and swap cancel when you need to apply it.

Edit: I was running my exact same gear as last patch, with no compromises for sustain. 5 Necro, 4 moondancer, 2 Ilambris, back bar VMA. Magic and Spell damage on everything. (Oops Double post).
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on May 23, 2017 4:04PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2 cents. Hitting about 38k on a dummy with this. Swap prey and the shield. I understand that in theory you want to spend as much time on your lighting bar as possible with all our AoE damage, but I think it really simplifies the rotation to have all your DOTs applied in order on your back bar. I also think it really helps your weave. It is still very important to weave your back bar DOTs. On approx 1:20 parses you can still get off about 40 light attacks with this build. When I ran curse on my front bar, both my number of light attacks and overall DPS took a small hit.

Thanks Oreyn, I will give that a try. Perhaps the increased damage from light attacks will warrant being on the back bar so long.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Oreyn, I will give that a try. Perhaps the increased damage from light attacks will warrant being on the back bar so long.

It might even be more noticeable in a raid. On a skele, I run double lighting so I can feel good about myself, but in a raid, you will probably have a back bar fire. I think even on an altmer sorc that a fire light attack from your back bar is going to be better than a lighting LA from your front bar, but I guess I need to double check that.
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    Could you provide a target dummy parse?

The parses you show are multiple targets and group buffs, makes it difficult to understand what true numbers are when trying the build.
    Edited by JKith on May 23, 2017 7:41PM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    re maelstrom staves, i have
    sharpened lightning
    precice inferno
    nirn inferno

i have lightning & inferno sharpened moondancer

so for me (and im sure others who may not have the perfect gear yet) which staff would you recommend?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharpened lightning
    precice inferno
    nirn inferno

so for me (and im sure others who may not have the perfect gear yet) which staff would you recommend?

I wohld run dual lightning. Because of DKs switching to flame lash each raid will need dps in addition to healers running lightning blockade, so you can run vMA back and moondancer front dual lightning. Swap to Netch on figjts where you cant use pets. You can try scathing as well, but I havent gotten good results with it last time I tested.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharpened lightning
    precice inferno
    nirn inferno

I wohld run dual lightning. Because of DKs switching to flame lash each raid will need dps in addition to healers running lightning blockade, so you can run vMA back and moondancer front dual lightning. Swap to Netch on figjts where you cant use pets. You can try scathing as well, but I havent gotten good results with it last time I tested.

thank you, i thought this would be the case for trials ;)
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKith wrote: »
    Could you provide a target dummy parse?

The parses you show are multiple targets and group buffs, makes it difficult to understand what true numbers are when trying the build.

I did 3 parses for you:
    1. Ele and Orbs only, vMA fire back bar Moondancer lightning front bar - http://imgur.com/a/OCg0y
    2. Ele and Orbs, vMA lightning back bar, Moondancer lightning front bar - http://imgur.com/a/HQfW1
    3. Ele and Orrbs and Blockade of lightning from the healer, vMA fire back bar and Moondancer lightning front bar - http://imgur.com/a/aaJhC

Use these as reference, they are by no means the best parses possible, but just serve as a rough guide to what the build can do.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for HotR
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭