The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nos's "Infinite Sustain" MagSorc DPS (Dragon Bones DLC Ready)

• hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love for you to make a vMA build with this setup I'd feature it in my post:)

Hey man, working on a different rotation and setup for the heavy attack sorc which I'll still msg through to you and see what you think. Also have a pretty good idea for One Tam when it drops on Xbox. Here is a video of me using the build in maelstrom, score isn't great because I don't run it much, but regardless, here is the final boss;

https://youtu.be/ihmeSgayQ4g

NICE!
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Cool guide! I use a similar build on my magsorc since DB, 5 aether, 5 elegance and a sharpened vma lightning (on main) and inferno (on back) staff. It is the most versatile build I ever used. you can do vma easily(530k score). I've done all vet trials except vmol(didn't have a group for it yet) with it, vDSA, and the regular dungeons are a breeze. It just melts everything. For some occasions, I now switch the elegant hat and shoulders for illambris. You need 3 abilities for sufficient dps: blockade, liquid lightning and velocious curse. On top, you can slot a shield to never die at all. Mine might not be bis, but totally sufficient for DPS, just to name an affordable alternative.
    Edited by Masel on October 21, 2016 8:57PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Cool guide! I use a similar build on my magsorc since DB, 5 aether, 5 elegance and a sharpened vma lightning (on main) and inferno (on back) staff. It is the most versatile build I ever used. you can do vma easily(530k score). I've done all vet trials except vmol(didn't have a group for it yet) with it, vDSA, and the regular dungeons are a breeze. It just melts everything. For some occasions, I now switch the elegant hat and shoulders for illambris. You need 3 abilities for sufficient dps: blockade, liquid lightning and velocious curse. On top, you can slot a shield to never die at all. Mine might not be bis, but totally sufficient for DPS, just to name an affordable alternative.

For sure! Are you on NA PC?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Nope, EU PC. If my laptop had enough ram, I'd post a full vma run :smiley: I was lucky enough to get a sharpened lightning on first clear
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, EU PC. If my laptop had enough ram, I'd post a full vma run :smiley: I was lucky enough to get a sharpened lightning on first clear

Gratz!
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Ah and what I forgot to mention earlier: this build is really strong in duels! With 0 impen I beat most players, only thing you need to do is drop liquid lightning for deadric mines and scalding rune for streak. With elegance, overload kills most enemies within two hits. Really funny to see stam viper / poison burst builds getting one-shot before they can even start bursting. Put streak on overload bar, shoot light overload and streak immediately :D
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah and what I forgot to mention earlier: this build is really strong in duels! With 0 impen I beat most players, only thing you need to do is drop liquid lightning for deadric mines and scalding rune for streak. With elegance, overload kills most enemies within two hits. Really funny to see stam viper / poison burst builds getting one-shot before they can even start bursting. Put streak on overload bar, shoot light overload and streak immediately :D

Im glad youre having fun with it:)
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    https://youtu.be/XYdDz6g3TVo

Here's a full flawless vma run I did with the heavy attack build btw :)
    Edited by Masel on November 19, 2016 3:58PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/XYdDz6g3TVo

Here's a full flawless vma run I did with the heavy attack build btw :)

Nice:)
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    Love this build. still working on the equipment.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for Homestead DLC
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated with a frags variant
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the frag bar, as all the testing I have seen shows Scalding is not worth a slot on sorcs:

My pushback is that I do not think you are playing to your passives very well. To my understanding, the bar you are on, not what you cast from is what, determines the Destro passive.

Your biggest damage on a sorc by far are elemental blockade and Liquid lighting, which means you really want to be on a lightning staff most of the time, as it will buff both AOE skills. Then as you execute, you want to be on your fire staff for the single target buff.

In other words, I think you have your staffs backwards. I also personally like blockade and LL on the same bar, even with the change to curse. Make it easy to keep them up in execute.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on February 3, 2017 5:19PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the frag bar, as all the testing I have seen shows Scalding is not worth a slot on sorcs:

My pushback is that I do not think you are playing to your passives very well. To my understanding, the bar you are on, not what you cast from is what, determines the Destro passive.

Your biggest damage on a sorc by far are elemental blockade and Liquid lighting, which means you really want to be on a lightning staff most of the time, as it will buff both AOE skills. Then as you execute, you want to be on your fire staff for the single target buff.

In other words, I think you have your staffs backwards. I also personally like blockade and LL on the same bar, even with the change to curse. Make it easy to keep them up in execute.

Ive tried many variants including lightning staff front bar, but its a really simple math problem. Take all of your single target damage (since thats all that really matters) and do a dps dummy test to establish the contribution of AoE vs single target skills in your dps parse. If Single target attacks deal more than 50% of your damage - fire staff wins. If they do less - lightning staff wins. By running lightning staff front bar your parse will be higher, since you will buff your AoE skills and on add phases it will give you amazing numbers, but you will reduce your single target potential, and since that is all that matters it isnt worth it.

The only issue with the frag variant is that my execute is not getting buffed with the fire staff, however there is no way to fit all the skills on the same bar due to limited space, so this is what I have to work with. Something that kind of redeems this is the fact that blockade and LL will be buffed by the staff passives in execute phase.

I also tried fire/fire, but have always gotten worse numbers with that setup. The primary issue being is that with a fire/fire setup you will have vMA back bar and will thus have curse, LL and Blockade on the back. This means that LL will not be bar swap cancelled. Every scenario where I tested this shlws me that it is a dps loss. The animation for LL is so long it really eats into your rotation and because LL has a habit of being frozen in animation i love to block cancel the skill. Additionally running fire/fire would not allow us to run the very powerful lightning destro ulti on a sorc, and thats a big loss.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hedna123b14_ESO @Oreyn_Bearclaw

From previous parses from a mix of players, it seems that LL & WoE are no more than 30% of the total DPS in ST fights, this should mean that Inferno front is better if I'm not mistaken.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    @hedna123b14_ESO @Oreyn_Bearclaw

From previous parses from a mix of players, it seems that LL & WoE are no more than 30% of the total DPS in ST fights, this should mean that Inferno front is better if I'm not mistaken.

You are correct. The aoe skills that you are giving the bonus to are lightning destro ult, LL and blockade.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like the idea of swap canceling LL. It is a horribly buggy skill. I cannot wait for DPS test dummies on live. I know there is also some talk about having at least one sorc run lighting blockade in a raid, and having DKs run the other morph of whip. That would allow you to back bar a VMA lighting and go 4 moondancer on front bar (which I think will be a touch better than Aether).

Keep on Keep'n on. I love reading all your builds around patch time. Also, took that DK build through VMOL last night, and tried to run your rotation. Its a little different than what I usually run, but I like it. I was easily pulling 40k+ on bosses, and I was messing up a bunch. Haha
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like the idea of swap canceling LL. It is a horribly buggy skill. I cannot wait for DPS test dummies on live. I know there is also some talk about having at least one sorc run lighting blockade in a raid, and having DKs run the other morph of whip. That would allow you to back bar a VMA lighting and go 4 moondancer on front bar (which I think will be a touch better than Aether).

Keep on Keep'n on. I love reading all your builds around patch time. Also, took that DK build through VMOL last night, and tried to run your rotation. Its a little different than what I usually run, but I like it. I was easily pulling 40k+ on bosses, and I was messing up a bunch. Haha

Thanks man always appreciate your feedback. I also brought my dk for the first time in months (im the sorc ***, dince noone wants to play range). With horible messups 42k first boss...i thought that was decent...until i went to rakkat and finished with a 43k parse with 1 deaths...lol too easy
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DPShiro @hedna123b14_ESO @Oreyn_Bearclaw even on live my aoe damage on ST fights is always at 40%+ http://m.imgur.com/lS2BuwQ?r I have even seen it go as high as 47% before.( on a guarded 47K parse) you could argue that double inferno is always better for dps on the boss and I would tend to agree with you. But I think lightning frontbar will net more total damage on any fight with even one add.

Also very important to note, it seems pretty clear that the meta will be 75 thaum next patch for the exploiter passive which will boost our ground dots to even higher numbers
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DPShiro @hedna123b14_ESO @Oreyn_Bearclaw even on live my aoe damage on ST fights is always at 40%+ http://m.imgur.com/lS2BuwQ?r I have even seen it go as high as 47% before.( on a guarded 47K parse) you could argue that double inferno is always better for dps on the boss and I would tend to agree with you. But I think lightning frontbar will net more total damage on any fight with even one add.

Also very important to note, it seems pretty clear that the meta will be 75 thaum next patch for the exploiter passive which will boost our ground dots to even higher numbers

Yea, badically as I said before if you have 50% or more DoT damage, you go to lightning staff. Since single target is more important ill main fire though.

As for exploiter I disagree for sorcs/dk/nb. They benefit so much more from elfborn i dont think its worth it. Also im not sure what changes a far as being able to proc it, because on live it does not occur often enough to warrant using it...we tried it and it was bad.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks man always appreciate your feedback. I also brought my dk for the first time in months (im the sorc ***, dince noone wants to play range). With horible messups 42k first boss...i thought that was decent...until i went to rakkat and finished with a 43k parse with 1 deaths...lol too easy

I too was the Sorc (expletive) for our VMOLHM push, which is why I cant wait to get back to DK. Someone needed to do it. I was first back room team and meteor team. I am pretty sure I will be describing the backroom to a therapist at some point.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on February 3, 2017 8:29PM
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

Yea, badically as I said before if you have 50% or more DoT damage, you go to lightning staff. Since single target is more important ill main fire though.

As for exploiter I disagree for sorcs/dk/nb. They benefit so much more from elfborn i dont think its worth it. Also im not sure what changes a far as being able to proc it, because on live it does not occur often enough to warrant using it...we tried it and it was bad.

As for exploiter, so much of CP becomes super diminished that I think it would be silly to not run 75 in thaum with the constant buffs to the CP cap.

Do you think having a sorc in the group running the debuff setup to set off balance, concuss more often and AOE *** down would not be a good idea NOS? Great job on the build updates too man I'll PM you some *** when homestead drops on xbox ;)

Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I too was the Sorc (expletive) for our VMOLHM push, which is why I cant wait to get back to DK. Someone needed to do it. I was first back room team and meteor team. I am pretty sure I will be describing the backroom to a therapist at some point.

Lol!
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As for exploiter, so much of CP becomes super diminished that I think it would be silly to not run 75 in thaum with the constant buffs to the CP cap.

Do you think having a sorc in the group running the debuff setup to set off balance, concuss more often and AOE *** down would not be a good idea NOS? Great job on the build updates too man I'll PM you some *** when homestead drops on xbox ;)

Tbh putting that much into thaum has always made me have worse results by a large margin. We are talking about 11% crit damage lost to all of your abilities for a chance at exploiter. It didnt really work well ehen we tried it this patch and nothing is changing in respect to how you concuss enemies.
    Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on February 3, 2017 8:57PM
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tbh putting that much into thaum has always made me have worse results by a large margin. We are talking about 11% crit damage lost to all of your abilities for a chance at exploiter. It didnt really work well ehen we tried it this patch and nothing is changing in respect to how you concuss enemies.

Last night we did a sanctum run on the pts and we're able to keep ~100% off balance with 3 sorcs

• Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

Last night we did a sanctum run on the pts and we're able to keep ~100% off balance with 3 sorcs

Ok ok, very nice, this just with liquid lightning, etc?
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have a buff tracker that shows it? How dod you do it? Because we did it with one sorc specifically specci g to proc it and not only did it not proc well, the sorc's dps was really bad.
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Liquid, force pulse, and the healer running lightning wall.

It's force pulse that drives the up time, ground dots only have a 1% chance to proc status effects

• Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

Liquid, force pulse, and the healer running lightning wall.

It's force pulse that drives the up time, ground dots only have a 1% chance to proc status effects

Makes sense for the healers to run lightning wall, however are they still bothering to apply aether with now a FHA or relying on concussion only for this buff?
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have a buff tracker that shows it? How dod you do it? Because we did it with one sorc specifically specci g to proc it and not only did it not proc well, the sorc's dps was really bad.

Let me see if Inigo or Xmas have it