The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nos's "Infinite Sustain" MagSorc DPS (Dragon Bones DLC Ready)

• Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DPShiro @hedna123b14_ESO @Oreyn_Bearclaw even on live my aoe damage on ST fights is always at 40%+ http://m.imgur.com/lS2BuwQ?r I have even seen it go as high as 47% before.( on a guarded 47K parse) you could argue that double inferno is always better for dps on the boss and I would tend to agree with you. But I think lightning frontbar will net more total damage on any fight with even one add.

Also very important to note, it seems pretty clear that the meta will be 75 thaum next patch for the exploiter passive which will boost our ground dots to even higher numbers
    @DPShiro @hedna123b14_ESO @Oreyn_Bearclaw even on live my aoe damage on ST fights is always at 40%+ http://m.imgur.com/lS2BuwQ?r I have even seen it go as high as 47% before.( on a guarded 47K parse) you could argue that double inferno is always better for dps on the boss and I would tend to agree with you. But I think lightning frontbar will net more total damage on any fight with even one add.

Also very important to note, it seems pretty clear that the meta will be 75 thaum next patch for the exploiter passive which will boost our ground dots to even higher numbers

Yea, badically as I said before if you have 50% or more DoT damage, you go to lightning staff. Since single target is more important ill main fire though.

As for exploiter I disagree for sorcs/dk/nb. They benefit so much more from elfborn i dont think its worth it. Also im not sure what changes a far as being able to proc it, because on live it does not occur often enough to warrant using it...we tried it and it was bad.

As for exploiter, so much of CP becomes super diminished that I think it would be silly to not run 75 in thaum with the constant buffs to the CP cap.

Do you think having a sorc in the group running the debuff setup to set off balance, concuss more often and AOE *** down would not be a good idea NOS? Great job on the build updates too man I'll PM you some *** when homestead drops on xbox ;)

Tbh putting that much into thaum has always made me have worse results by a large margin. We are talking about 11% crit damage lost to all of your abilities for a chance at exploiter. It didnt really work well ehen we tried it this patch and nothing is changing in respect to how you concuss enemies.

Last night we did a sanctum run on the pts and we're able to keep ~100% off balance with 3 sorcs

Ok ok, very nice, this just with liquid lightning, etc?

Liquid, force pulse, and the healer running lightning wall.

It's force pulse that drives the up time, ground dots only have a 1% chance to proc status effects

Makes sense for the healers to run lightning wall, however are they still bothering to apply aether with now a FHA or relying on concussion only for this buff?

We had the healer not run infallible. Also it should be said that the lightning atro in aa cannot be set off balance
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

Yea, badically as I said before if you have 50% or more DoT damage, you go to lightning staff. Since single target is more important ill main fire though.

As for exploiter I disagree for sorcs/dk/nb. They benefit so much more from elfborn i dont think its worth it. Also im not sure what changes a far as being able to proc it, because on live it does not occur often enough to warrant using it...we tried it and it was bad.

As for exploiter, so much of CP becomes super diminished that I think it would be silly to not run 75 in thaum with the constant buffs to the CP cap.

Do you think having a sorc in the group running the debuff setup to set off balance, concuss more often and AOE *** down would not be a good idea NOS? Great job on the build updates too man I'll PM you some *** when homestead drops on xbox ;)

Tbh putting that much into thaum has always made me have worse results by a large margin. We are talking about 11% crit damage lost to all of your abilities for a chance at exploiter. It didnt really work well ehen we tried it this patch and nothing is changing in respect to how you concuss enemies.

Last night we did a sanctum run on the pts and we're able to keep ~100% off balance with 3 sorcs

It's force pulse that drives the up time, ground dots only have a 1% chance to proc status effects

Makes sense for the healers to run lightning wall, however are they still bothering to apply aether with now a FHA or relying on concussion only for this buff?

We had the healer not run infallible. Also it should be said that the lightning atro in aa cannot be set off balance

Yeah and the stone thing can't I don't think either?
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have a buff tracker that shows it? How dod you do it? Because we did it with one sorc specifically specci g to proc it and not only did it not proc well, the sorc's dps was really bad.

Let me see if Inigo or Xmas have it

Hmm certainly interesting. Ill try this Monday and see what kind of DPS ill get with the CP change. I hope Vos just created the new CP meta.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have a buff tracker that shows it? How dod you do it? Because we did it with one sorc specifically specci g to proc it and not only did it not proc well, the sorc's dps was really bad.

Hmm certainly interesting. Ill try this Monday and see what kind of DPS ill get with the CP change. I hope Vos just created the new CP meta.

I just want to run power lash on my DK and spin in circles for the whole boss fight. It happens sometimes in IC mobs (only place I run powerlash) where it just procs over and over. Kinda makes you dizzy. haha
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just want to run power lash on my DK and spin in circles for the whole boss fight. It happens sometimes in IC mobs (only place I run powerlash) where it just procs over and over. Kinda makes you dizzy. haha

Bestt thing about powerlash - it costs 0 magicka
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After extensive testing, I came to the same conclusion. You sir have indeed created the new CP meta. Best part is that it will be nearly identical for all classes.
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

After extensive testing, I came to the same conclusion. You sir have indeed created the new CP meta. Best part is that it will be nearly identical for all classes.

Comonnnnnn @hedna123b14_ESO of course exploiter is OP. RIP to you sir. RIP.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It wasn't when I tested before but I understand why now. I was trying to make a Heavy Attack build around it. Except thats a horrible idea. Heavy Attacks take off-balance effect away, meaning lowering the uptime of the off-balance effect. As soon as I stopped trying to build it into a heavy attack build the off-balance uptime went up a ton. Having a healer run it is ideal, because that way no DPS is forced to lowering their DPS to accomodate the raid. Best way to test uptime of off-balance is to bring DK with flame lash in. At the end of the fight you can look at the uptime of Power lash VS Flame Lash to estimate uptime duration. We will be testing it Monday.
    Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on February 4, 2017 8:35AM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So what is the optimal CP distribution then? 75 into Thaum for sure, but what about Elfborn and Ele Expert?
    I was thinking something like 46 Elfborn and 78 Ele Expert and 1 Staff Expert. But it's probably far from optimal as you lose 4% elemental Expert damage. If we were to go say 36 Elfborn and 89 Ele Expert it would already be better, but any more into Expert and you start losing serious Crit Damage.

Also in the end what is the meta then? Having healers run Charged Shock staves with Blockade and the Shock enchant? What about the DPS? Are we going double inferno on Sorc? I was thinking that 1 or 2 healers and 1 DK could run the shock blockade as DKs already have plenty of other sources of flame damage for proccing BSW. Healers do have some other priority stuff going on so we might not see 100% uptime on Blockade. The Shock enchant is the most important part though as it has 40% chance to proc the Concussed effect, FP and Mage's Wrath have 20%, Single Target DoTs like Clench have 10% and ground placed AoEs only have 1%.

Ideally it's possible to obtain 100% uptime on Concussed with a few Shock enchants from healers with Charged staves and Force Pulse from at least 4 ranged DDs (Mage's Wrath in Execute). Only 1 person needs to run the Blockade of Storms in a pure single target fight as it it will set Concussed enemies off balance all the time if there's a 100% uptime on the status effect. However for trash pulls and AoE heavy boss fights, the you'd need more people running Blockade of Storms to cover a larger area.

Here's the problem with off balance though: we can't use fully charged heavy shock attacks in AoE pulls, because it removes the off balance status. This would hinder sustain significantly imo. And skill slots are a problem too at this point. If this "off balance tactic" is unusable in trash pulls which take up the most time in any trial, it wouldn't really benefit much.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I get a concussion proc every ~6.2 seconds (99/16) by myself, and it lasts 6 seconds, so with a few sorcs and one build with Blockade of storms the exploiter will be reeeeeeaaally good if the whole raid uses it. If at least 2 or 3 dds use thunderous rage (which applies concussion on every tick if the target is not already concussed/off balance) the uptime can be even better.

parse2.png

I see DK lightning builds becoming more useful than ever :)
    Edited by Masel on February 5, 2017 12:34AM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

It wasn't when I tested before but I understand why now. I was trying to make a Heavy Attack build around it. Except thats a horrible idea. Heavy Attacks take off-balance effect away, meaning lowering the uptime of the off-balance effect. As soon as I stopped trying to build it into a heavy attack build the off-balance uptime went up a ton. Having a healer run it is ideal, because that way no DPS is forced to lowering their DPS to accomodate the raid. Best way to test uptime of off-balance is to bring DK with flame lash in. At the end of the fight you can look at the uptime of Power lash VS Flame Lash to estimate uptime duration. We will be testing it Monday.

The heavy attacks take off balance away, yes. But the concussion lasts six seconds and does not go away when the enemy is off-balance, so blockade of storms immediately sets enemies off balance again after you consumed it. The uptime shouldn't suffer a lot from the heavy attacks expecially in raids. Plus you forget that off-balance enemies take 40% more damage from heavy attacks.

I tested the uptime on power lash prior to the update and it was around 70% on average, but I have to say, the proc sound really annoyed me after a while. With a raid organised to use it and to proc it, it can be awesome.
    Edited by Masel on February 5, 2017 12:44AM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what is the optimal CP distribution then? 75 into Thaum for sure, but what about Elfborn and Ele Expert?
    I was thinking something like 46 Elfborn and 78 Ele Expert and 1 Staff Expert. But it's probably far from optimal as you lose 4% elemental Expert damage. If we were to go say 36 Elfborn and 89 Ele Expert it would already be better, but any more into Expert and you start losing serious Crit Damage.

Also in the end what is the meta then? Having healers run Charged Shock staves with Blockade and the Shock enchant? What about the DPS? Are we going double inferno on Sorc? I was thinking that 1 or 2 healers and 1 DK could run the shock blockade as DKs already have plenty of other sources of flame damage for proccing BSW. Healers do have some other priority stuff going on so we might not see 100% uptime on Blockade. The Shock enchant is the most important part though as it has 40% chance to proc the Concussed effect, FP and Mage's Wrath have 20%, Single Target DoTs like Clench have 10% and ground placed AoEs only have 1%.

Ideally it's possible to obtain 100% uptime on Concussed with a few Shock enchants from healers with Charged staves and Force Pulse from at least 4 ranged DDs (Mage's Wrath in Execute). Only 1 person needs to run the Blockade of Storms in a pure single target fight as it it will set Concussed enemies off balance all the time if there's a 100% uptime on the status effect. However for trash pulls and AoE heavy boss fights, the you'd need more people running Blockade of Storms to cover a larger area.

Here's the problem with off balance though: we can't use fully charged heavy shock attacks in AoE pulls, because it removes the off balance status. This would hinder sustain significantly imo. And skill slots are a problem too at this point. If this "off balance tactic" is unusable in trash pulls which take up the most time in any trial, it wouldn't really benefit much.

Ill adress by points:
    1. Healers are ideal for blockade because their job becomes so much easier next patch.
    2. No shock is necessary, a single sorc running liquid lightning, ilambris and a lightning staff backbar can keep target concussed at worst 30%, but ive had up to 70% uptime parses. Running 3-4 sorc essentially guarantees 100% uptime.
    3. Having a dps (especially DK) run lightning blockade is a huge dps loss and not worth it if your healers are willing to offer support.
    4. In AoE heavy attacks inded drop the offbalance effect, but the increased points n thaum more than make up for the loss.
    5. We will most likely have both healers running ele blockade.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    I get a concussion proc every ~6.2 seconds (99/16) by myself, and it lasts 6 seconds, so with a few sorcs and one build with Blockade of storms the exploiter will be reeeeeeaaally good if the whole raid uses it. If at least 2 or 3 dds use thunderous rage (which applies concussion on every tick if the target is not already concussed/off balance) the uptime can be even better.

parse2.png

No reason to have a dk lose 25% damage to run something a healer can do.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The heavy attacks take off balance away, yes. But the concussion lasts six seconds and does not go away when the enemy is off-balance, so blockade of storms immediately sets enemies off balance again after you consumed it. The uptime shouldn't suffer a lot from the heavy attacks expecially in raids. Plus you forget that off-balance enemies take 40% more damage from heavy attacks.

I tested the uptime on power lash prior to the update and it was around 70% on average, but I have to say, the proc sound really annoyed me after a while. With a raid organised to use it and to proc it, it can be awesome.

Great point. We will be testing Power Lash Monday
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

parse2.png

Haha yeah maybe, but I'll still keep running and optimising my HA-Build, I'm not attempting vMoL hardmode anytime soon, so I'm fine with my top 30/low 40s Single target DPS in raids :smiley:
    Edited by Masel on February 5, 2017 1:18AM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

parse2.png

Haha yeah maybe, but I'll still keep running and optimising my HA-Build, I'm not attempting vMoL hardmode anytime soon, so I'm fine with my top 30/low 40s Single target DPS in raids :smiley:

Low 40's single target? Would you mind posting those parses? (Not trying to insult you by the way, just really impressive single target wise and would like to see it)
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hold up...

are you telling me i already have best in slot for my mSorc & i dont need to farm anything in preperation for the next update?

excuse me while i passout from shock!
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

parse2.png

Low 40's single target? Would you mind posting those parses? (Not trying to insult you by the way, just really impressive single target wise and would like to see it)

Why is this hard to believe @hedna123b14_ESO ? You saw my testing at 37k self buffed. Factor raid buffs and horns it's easily low 40s. I can't speak for the DK but I can my setup. We even discussed this lol.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hold up...

are you telling me i already have best in slot for my mSorc & i dont need to farm anything in preperation for the next update?

excuse me while i passout from shock!

Lol yes
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

parse2.png

Why is this hard to believe @hedna123b14_ESO ? You saw my testing at 37k self buffed. Factor raid buffs and horns it's easily low 40s. I can't speak for the DK but I can my setup. We even discussed this lol.

Because I have done a lightning staff build, (remember I was the first one to post it in PvE) and 40k is not something ive ever seen.
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

parse2.png

Because I have done a lightning staff build, (remember I was the first one to post it in PvE) and 40k is not something ive ever seen.

Yeah which is why I'm confused, unless you're specifically talking about the dk. But you've seen my output. You've seen the video, the build, the cp. It just needs to be executed correctly.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

parse2.png

Yeah which is why I'm confused, unless you're specifically talking about the dk. But you've seen my output. You've seen the video, the build, the cp. It just needs to be executed correctly.

Ive seen a bloodspawn parse. But not a trial parse. Also the console aspect makes it really bad, because while we have clear ways of testing with numbers, you guys do a time test. Myself and several top NA sorcs have tried to replicate your parse and not a single person passed 33k. So either you are the best sorc NA or there is something missing. As I told you before I completely trust you. I have seen the video and its definitely legit, but part of posting anything is it has to be reproduceable. And not a single person I have asked could do it. If it was just me Id just chalk it up to being bad at your rotation, but when several others confirmed my findings, it made the result questionable. So maybe the bloodspawn on console has different HP, or you used crusher enchant or there was something else in play, but not a single top sorc NA could reproduce your results.
    Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on February 5, 2017 4:44AM
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

parse2.png

Ive seen a bloodspawn parse. But not a trial parse. Also the console aspect makes it really bad, because while we have clear ways of testing with numbers, you guys do a time test. Myself and several top NA sorcs have tried to replicate your parse and not a single person passed 33k. So either you are the best sorc NA or there is something missing. As I told you before I completely trust you. I have seen the video and its definitely legit, but part of posting anything is it has to be reproduceable. And not a single person I have asked could do it. If it was just me Id just chalk it up to being bad at your rotation, but when several others confirmed my findings, it made the result questionable. So maybe the bloodspawn on console has different HP, or you used crusher enchant or there was something else in play, but not a single top sorc NA could reproduce your results.

Yeah man I put in the video we used a crusher but that's not 4K dps.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

parse2.png

Agreed, but no one on PC could reproduce your results.
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

parse2.png

Yeah no idea. I'll let you know how I got on a skeleton but, literally every time I went in it was the same time. So it wasn't even lucky illambris procs.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

parse2.png

Yeah no idea. I'll let you know how I got on a skeleton but, literally every time I went in it was the same time. So it wasn't even lucky illambris procs.

Like I said I believe you, but without actual addons its hard to say what it is...could be a life discrepancy or resistance or something else...
    Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on February 5, 2017 6:43AM
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

parse2.png

Like I said I believe you, but without actual addons its hard to say what it is...could be a life discrepancy or resistance or something else...

Yeah well I hope the game is not changing resistances or health cross platform. All we can see is Bloodspawn - 3m
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

parse2.png

I'm currently waiting for homestead to hit live so I can gather new parses, I only have a few dungeon parses from the PTS for now. I will post them as soon as I get them!
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

parse2.png

I'm currently waiting for homestead to hit live so I can gather new parses, I only have a few dungeon parses from the PTS for now. I will post them as soon as I get them!

Kk ty:)
  • Croblasta
    Croblasta
    What are some alternatives if you don't have Aether? Any 3/4 piece sets I could use?

Currently using 4 piece destructive mage with Llambris and BSW.