The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nos's "Firestarter" MagBlade Build (HotR DLC ready)

• hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    terrasight wrote: »
    I only mean the magic damage numbers at the character screen... fully buffed and proc... I'm not deep in the eso maths so I've to test it.

Ahh. The thing with kena is that it is only up no more than 70-73% of the time, significantly lowering its DPS potential
  • terrasight
    terrasight
    ✭✭✭
    I'll test (spindlecluch DPS test on PS4) with neri and report, thx :)
    Hekat'e / Hel'a Niflheim - Sorc / Necro - PS5 EU
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't disagree at all & thank you very much for the testing.
    My only worry is the time investment to get these specific gear pieces has got to be insane.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    I don't disagree at all & thank you very much for the testing.
    My only worry is the time investment to get these specific gear pieces has got to be insane.

Its definitely a grind
  • terrasight
    terrasight
    ✭✭✭
    Ok...after yesterday evening:

(PS4) Without scathing I had much better results with Kena then Neri... BUT: I'll test again when my scathing is complete...
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok...after yesterday evening:

(PS4) Without scathing I had much better results with Kena then Neri... BUT: I'll test again when my scathing is complete...

You gotta use whichever one works for you. I found Nerieneth to be much better especially in vMoL where most fights are AoE.
  • terrasight
    terrasight
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah sure... but it's very interesting to try :)

Let's starting the scathing grind...
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:)
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also question, when you use Nerieneth did you Medoum weave?
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    question: In your force pulse vs swallow soul test, what kind of math lead you to think you were doing better dps with pulse?

Can u look at those 10 screenshots again, calculate and average it out and respond? (It CLEARLY shows swallow is doing just under 1k more average damage than pulse is, was there a gear change not mentioned, buffs not explained, etc some other reason you feel pulse was better?)
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    question: In your force pulse vs swallow soul test, what kind of math lead you to think you were doing better dps with pulse?

Can u look at those 10 screenshots again, calculate and average it out and respond? (It CLEARLY shows swallow is doing just under 1k more average damage than pulse is, was there a gear change not mentioned, buffs not explained, etc some other reason you feel pulse was better?)

Force pulse > Swallow with raid buffs such as DK engulfing flame. It also is cheaper than swallow when you factor in Elemental drain procs and siphoning attacks increased procs. It also synergizes best with Scathing and Nerieneth.
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭

I did those test and comparisons.

No gear was changed between the test, no buffs applied... both test were static in that I only changed the skill out and nothing else. Without DK Engulfing, Force Pulse is slighty weaker than Swallow Soul. However when Engulfing is on target, Force Pulse will out DPS Swallow.

I'll link you to my thread regarding Force Pulse that might explain a little better:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/258684/magblade-new-spammable/p1

I go into extreme detail in this thread and hopefully this should answer your questions.
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
    Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
    Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
    Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
    Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    k thanks, reading now
  • terrasight
    terrasight
    ✭✭✭

Also question, when you use Nerieneth did you Medoum weave?

Yes... and I also swiched to your suggested CP for the test.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for SotH
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revamped the build. @Oreyn_Bearclaw ready for the crazyness?
    Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on August 27, 2016 9:25AM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Build Updated…35k+ unbuffed bloodspawn

http://imgur.com/a/h8Jak
  • Drevick
    Drevick
    ✭✭
    This is awesome. Thanks for all your work for the magblade community
    Drevick Val'Varren
    Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade
    CP 300ish
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drevick wrote: »
    This is awesome. Thanks for all your work for the magblade community

The build is tricky because if you miss a weave your damage drops significantly, so make sure to do extra long weaves:) Have fun!
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, I've had that in mind for a while, but don't get to play as much these days to test. Definitely should check it out whenever someone's online for a DPS test ;P
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    Nice, I've had that in mind for a while, but don't get to play as much these days to test. Definitely should check it out whenever someone's online for a DPS test ;P

Yeah I have to test it a lot more...I have lots of things I'd like to try.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update 12 ready
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your insightful builds. Much appreciated. A quick question. I noticed you don't put any points into Spell Erosion. Do you feel the additional penetration is not worth it?

When looking at Asyare's posts on CP distribution it seems like there is some value in spell penetration. Have you tested your build with different CP setups to see if there is a significant difference? Perhaps in a trial situation there is so much stripping its irrelevant?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    Thanks for your insightful builds. Much appreciated. A quick question. I noticed you don't put any points into Spell Erosion. Do you feel the additional penetration is not worth it?

When looking at Asyare's posts on CP distribution it seems like there is some value in spell penetration. Have you tested your build with different CP setups to see if there is a significant difference? Perhaps in a trial situation there is so much stripping its irrelevant?

Thanks for reading! Your last sentence pretty much sums it up, but its also true for most 4 man content.
    Resistance of mobs is around 18200.

Pierce armor from tank - 5280
    Lught Armor passive - 4884
    Base - 100
    Sharpened - 5160
    Infused Crusher enchant - 1940
    Total = 17264
    Difference is 836.

Now if you have a stamplar in group hos PotL penetrates further by 1320 putting you in over penetration territory. And all of this is without alkosh.
    Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on October 10, 2016 9:27PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vorcil wrote: »
    Hey!

What undaunted chest for the groth shoulder piece?

:'(

Welcome:) not sure of the name but its the right one in stormheaven
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice setup! I have a few questions though.

Since you're not using scathing mage anymore, will it mess with the build to use refreshing path now instead of twisting? It may be a little less damage, but gives more utility. Also, could you swap out sap essence for swallow soul or harness magic. Would that make it like a completely different build hehe.

I've just recently been working on and trying to figure out the animation canceling, and it works good with swallow soul for me....but on the DW bar it's not great. Would it mess things up to put in another destro.....I use a lightning staff on my other bar and fire staff where the DW is because the lightning staff channels and messes me up quite a bit trying to cancel.

Bar swap canceling is not working well at all for me either, the bar always seems to stick or hang up at the wrong time. Maybe it's a console thing? i can get block canceling to work about half the time...I'm not very good with it, but I see it makes a bit of difference. Feels like I'm doing something more when it works right.

How important is canceling for this build to work
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Nice setup! I have a few questions though.

Since you're not using scathing mage anymore, will it mess with the build to use refreshing path now instead of twisting? It may be a little less damage, but gives more utility. Also, could you swap out sap essence for swallow soul or harness magic. Would that make it like a completely different build hehe.

I've just recently been working on and trying to figure out the animation canceling, and it works good with swallow soul for me....but on the DW bar it's not great. Would it mess things up to put in another destro.....I use a lightning staff on my other bar and fire staff where the DW is because the lightning staff channels and messes me up quite a bit trying to cancel.

Bar swap canceling is not working well at all for me either, the bar always seems to stick or hang up at the wrong time. Maybe it's a console thing? i can get block canceling to work about half the time...I'm not very good with it, but I see it makes a bit of difference. Feels like I'm doing something more when it works right.

How important is canceling for this build to work

Hey Ill go point by point.
    1. You can definitely use Refreshing for more group support:)
    2. You can swap out sap essence for siphoning attacks but you cant slot a shield, because you would lose a magicka bonus there, unless you want to take that damage hit.
    3. I will actually be changing the build to getting rid of sap essence and slotting a lightning staff back bar for AoE. The damage is too good to pass up.
    4. I dont block cancel anything, i medium weave and bar swap cancel a few skills. I have really bad fps in trials and light weaving is out of the question.
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    What do you think about duel wield for laceration/rend ultimate on backbar?

Love this build; my gear isn't ready yet, but definitely seen improvement in dps (don't have groth shoulders, or gold twice born star, just using gold julianos)