Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Magika DK

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    I honestly am just giving up on my magicka dk. I refuse to use light armor and a staff on a class that is supposed to use, and is designed around heavy armor w/ snshield. I am just going to go to stam snb heavy dk as soon as i hae the money to respec. Maybe when they finally do something to heavy to help.

you are gimping yourself regardless of playstyle if you use heavy basically. I know it looks cool and i love heavy but right now its a waste when medium/light are so much better

Talking to someone who played a commando in SWTOR for 3 years in pvp. Nothing can be worse than that. Stamknight with 4 piece morgulkin 5 piece hundings, blue gear with white glyphs I managed to get my weapon damage to 2,6 k. Now when i did that with magicka, using magnus and seducer, my spell damage was a whole whopping 1,6 k. Just awful. While I know the benefits of medium, I still prefer the blocking bonuses from heavy, and the added extra resistance. Heavy really REALLY needs to have built in crit resist though. That would help oodles.

Well obviously you substituted hundings for seducer, a pure dps set to a pure sustain set, should of switched it to julianos as thats the hundings equivilant.

Also medium armour also has 12% wpn dmg boost.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly am just giving up on my magicka dk. I refuse to use light armor and a staff on a class that is supposed to use, and is designed around heavy armor w/ snshield. I am just going to go to stam snb heavy dk as soon as i hae the money to respec. Maybe when they finally do something to heavy to help.

you are gimping yourself regardless of playstyle if you use heavy basically. I know it looks cool and i love heavy but right now its a waste when medium/light are so much better

Talking to someone who played a commando in SWTOR for 3 years in pvp. Nothing can be worse than that. Stamknight with 4 piece morgulkin 5 piece hundings, blue gear with white glyphs I managed to get my weapon damage to 2,6 k. Now when i did that with magicka, using magnus and seducer, my spell damage was a whole whopping 1,6 k. Just awful. While I know the benefits of medium, I still prefer the blocking bonuses from heavy, and the added extra resistance. Heavy really REALLY needs to have built in crit resist though. That would help oodles.

Well obviously you substituted hundings for seducer, a pure dps set to a pure sustain set, should of switched it to julianos as thats the hundings equivilant.

Also medium armour also has 12% wpn dmg boost.

I know. I have a 2 hander medium character as well. But this character is pure sword and shield, and the bonus to blocking with heavy is really nice. I appreciate the helping hand though. =)
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LokoMatic wrote: »
    je85Srm.png

BUFFED w S&B, and Continuous Attack.
    (Normal buffed is 3030 dmg, and 1650 regen)
    I will be making a build video shortly, but I have tried nearly everything this patch. Fasalla's, VD (which is awesome, just lower dps output) Transmutation (yeah yeah yeah) and several monster sets to boot. The best thing I have found so far is 5 piece Kags, and 3 piece Arch Mage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBERSXEqT5Q&feature=youtu.be

I consider myself a pretty damn good magicka Dk. I saw this post and rebuilt my armor sets to match except I'm running 3 piece vicious death instead of the 3 piece Arch Mage. What. A. Difference. When I dual wield I'm hitting people in pvp with 7k! - 8k! whips. My main skill bar is slightly different than yours, I use engulfing flame instead of deep breath, the additional 10% damage from flame is too good for me to pass up in my opinion. But Def a great build. Glad I saw this post.

Cheers.
    Options
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    glad to hear I could help man, this build has been working out well for me.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
    Options
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chadwikid wrote: »
    Why in gods name are you using stone giant? Why the hell are you not running deep breath? Why was the first thing you did not hit fossilize or talons and move to gain control?

Dots are now viable in pvp. Sorry your wrong. If your hitting 3k whips on a crit there is something very very wrong.

Dks can create burst through timing and layered damage. Controlling the fight is key. I often burst down groups of multiple people at a time. 3-4 is not unreasonable nor is surviving.

Yes we still lack in some areas and still are behind other classes in many ways and a magicka dk still requires more skill to play effectively than just about every other class excluding stam sort at this point.

I'm sorry to say it and I really mean no offense but it sounds like you either don't know how to build a magicka dk, don't know how to play one, or both.

I use Stone giant

Ranged CC to stop sorcs and it doesnt break on damage unlike fossilize so i can burst down people while stunned without them breaking it and stacking shields like fossilize
    Options
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    Stone giant can be blocked dodged and reflected. Fossilize goes through block can not be dodge or reflected and immobilizes after it breaks and is also part of one of the most powerful burst combos in the game. There really is no comparison between the two. Stone giant is sub par by far.
    Options
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    Fossilize is ranged as well
    Options
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been working on a Mag DK build since TG patch. Have never played the class before, and i am finding it very difficult.

@LokoMatic - Nice video and build for Light Armor. I have two Questions;

1. How do you manage without a Gapcloser? Any specific hints to making that work?
    2. You do not look like you are blocking much. And with no Invasion, why run SB instead of DW?
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
    Options
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    I have been working on a Mag DK build since TG patch. Have never played the class before, and i am finding it very difficult.

@LokoMatic - Nice video and build for Light Armor. I have two Questions;

1. How do you manage without a Gapcloser? Any specific hints to making that work?
    2. You do not look like you are blocking much. And with no Invasion, why run SB instead of DW?

Because these where the clips in which he wasnt immediately melted.

What usually happens. Cast chains talons flame lash healingwardhealingwardhealingwardccbreakOgawdwheresthetreetoloshealingwardhealingwarddead.
    Options
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    While dks still need some help, I 100% agree, I find it funny that you all actually believe there is no one that can play it effectively especially when there is video proof lol. And disheartening that everyone wants easy mode.
    Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While dks still need some help, I 100% agree, I find it funny that you all actually believe there is no one that can play it effectively especially when there is video proof lol. And disheartening that everyone wants easy mode.

This, magic dK is a blast in pvp and I agree everyone wants pvp easy mode it's sick. I give respect to all magic DKs even the bad one learning to play.
    Options
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    @raasdal I sometimes use chains, although I've been having success using leap as a gap closer- can usually get it back quickly with combat frenzy.

I run sword and board for when I do block against bomb's, it helps to have more Stam just in case plus it's an extra piece of impen on the shield. I like duel wield but I'd rather have sword and board (for 1vX)

@Lokey0024 while that does happen, as long as you keep burning embers up and have a lot of impen you can deal with 2-4 people effectively.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Options
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/goVFxsUOMsM

This is a NB fighting. Easymode. 25k health 1800 crit resist. 1400 stam regen 3200 weapon damage. I completely shut down the templar(Azura Star non cp btw), doesnt even land a hit on me, the magika nb i fight lands lotus fan, soul tether and spam essense proxy and i explode(chillrend).

There is absolutely no difficulty involved if you get 2 people who know anything attacking 1 target that has little to no mobility, and a weak class heal. im seeing is mag dk doesnt have any hard hitting abilities to deter people from just gap closing and spamming their hardest hitting stuff immediately. Unblockable cc is the culprit, as well as armor having little to no relevance in midigation of damage.
    Options
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    je85Srm.png

I will be making a build video shortly, but I have tried nearly everything this patch. Fasalla's, VD (which is awesome, just lower dps output) Transmutation (yeah yeah yeah) and several monster sets to boot. The best thing I have found so far is 5 piece Kags, and 3 piece Arch Mage.

what do you think about my non vet dk? if you remember it, gt same as name here
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
    Options
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    I remember you being good man, low level's with talent stand out
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Options
  • Fubar8
    Fubar8
    ✭✭
    dude light armor mag dk is trash, dont even bother yourself to try any build on it.
    Elfbane mag dk can/cant be powerful as much as you imagine, i have no words for elfbane since i havent tried it yet but there are couple builds with tri enchant and some of them are reliable so you can give a try but really no matter what la dk sux :P
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fubar8 wrote: »
    dude light armor mag dk is trash, dont even bother yourself to try any build on it.
    Elfbane mag dk can/cant be powerful as much as you imagine, i have no words for elfbane since i havent tried it yet but there are couple builds with tri enchant and some of them are reliable so you can give a try but really no matter what la dk sux :P

My light armor Dk is hitting 9k power lash crits in pvp, and 20,622 is my highest pve power lash crit. Idk what you're talking about light armor is trash. It's for sure viable and very good for mDK.
    Options
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

My light armor Dk is hitting 9k power lash crits in pvp, and 20,622 is my highest pve power lash crit. Idk what you're talking about light armor is trash. It's for sure viable and very good for mDK.

Your getting 4.5k base lash damage in pvp on PTS? What is ur champ point and gear setup. On the PTS highest I can get is 4377 with 1400 mag regen. If I put anymore into spell damage gen drops
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your getting 4.5k base lash damage in pvp on PTS? What is ur champ point and gear setup. On the PTS highest I can get is 4377 with 1400 mag regen. If I put anymore into spell damage gen drops

5L/1H/1M

Molag Kena helm (gives 129 spell damage)
    3/5 vicious death (gives 129 spell damage/ max magicka)
    5/5 kagrenacs hope (health/magicka/mag regen/spell damage)
    3/3 willpower arcane jewelry (2 spell damage glyph/ 1 mag regen)

Dual wield 2 swords.
    All max magicka glyphs.
    467 champion points (100 in ele expert, 27 in spell erosion, remainder in elf born)
    Atronach mundus stone.
    Inner light on main skill bar.
    Make sure to have engulfing flames up 100% of the time for a 10% flame damage increase.
    All attribute points into magicka.
    Tri Stat food. (you could use max health/ max magicka but I like the added stamina for sure)

And I'm an imperial, if I was a dark elf I'd hit even harder. Buffed I'm 39k magicka, 1600 magicka regen, 3300 spell damage. All my armor traits are impenetrable so with champion points I'm at like 2400 critical resistance I think with 49 points in resistant.

Does very, very well in pvp.
    Edited by Hutch679 on April 28, 2016 3:26PM
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I should also mention I play on Xbox one, not computer or pts
    Options
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh,,, no man I get over 4500 base on my mDK on live currently. It's PTS that is the problem.
    Options
  • RabNebula
    RabNebula
    ✭✭✭
    In duels magicka dk one of the strongest atm.
    Skilled players dont get bursted down 1v1 or small scale. In 1vx and zerg *** they suck.

Thats completely the opposite of what its like to be an mdk. Mdks are incredibly weak. If they go heavy for phys resistance they have one of the weakest dps in the game. Most of their dps requires you use light but volatile armour and igneous shilds dont give anywhere near enough protetction for the combat options an mdk has which is all about getting right in the face.

Mdk's dont have strong damage over range like sorcs and yet sorcs get to stand in the middle of a minefield, shields stacked and blasting off high dps from range. Sorcs just should not have those shields because played correctly people shouldnt be able to get in on them in the 1st place. That distance and the mines should act as their shields. Dks have to be in the face yet igneous shields will only give a shield of around 1.5k even in the strongest of builds. So 1 light attack pretty much knocks them off and that makes them overly expensive for what they are.

If you are an mdk you will also get destroyed in duels 9 times out of 10 by stam builds. Judging by the next update the mdk buffs they brought in with TG are just going to be totally killed off. There will be no point playing an mdk.

Weapon damage is easier to get up than spell damage. Most of the useful morphs for dk abilities will basically just have stronger stam versions. Poison knights wont just be an option, they will be the only option. Stam is getting major buffs, dawnbreaker is apparently turning into all physicial damage meaning mdks will no longer have any low cost ultis at their disposal and even now a strong mdk will get blasted down by any equally capable stam build player.

What makes mdks good at the moment is they can work well with proxy det and draw essence for well timed burst kills within larger crowds. As proxy det is getting nerfed to the point the only builds with a real chance of using it are mnbs then mdks will suffer majorly in the next update just after getting buffed.

Mdks are dead when darkbrotherhood drops.
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RabNebula wrote: »
    In duels magicka dk one of the strongest atm.
    Skilled players dont get bursted down 1v1 or small scale. In 1vx and zerg *** they suck.

Thats completely the opposite of what its like to be an mdk. Mdks are incredibly weak. If they go heavy for phys resistance they have one of the weakest dps in the game. Most of their dps requires you use light but volatile armour and igneous shilds dont give anywhere near enough protetction for the combat options an mdk has which is all about getting right in the face.

Mdk's dont have strong damage over range like sorcs and yet sorcs get to stand in the middle of a minefield, shields stacked and blasting off high dps from range. Sorcs just should not have those shields because played correctly people shouldnt be able to get in on them in the 1st place. That distance and the mines should act as their shields. Dks have to be in the face yet igneous shields will only give a shield of around 1.5k even in the strongest of builds. So 1 light attack pretty much knocks them off and that makes them overly expensive for what they are.

If you are an mdk you will also get destroyed in duels 9 times out of 10 by stam builds. Judging by the next update the mdk buffs they brought in with TG are just going to be totally killed off. There will be no point playing an mdk.

Weapon damage is easier to get up than spell damage. Most of the useful morphs for dk abilities will basically just have stronger stam versions. Poison knights wont just be an option, they will be the only option. Stam is getting major buffs, dawnbreaker is apparently turning into all physicial damage meaning mdks will no longer have any low cost ultis at their disposal and even now a strong mdk will get blasted down by any equally capable stam build player.

What makes mdks good at the moment is they can work well with proxy det and draw essence for well timed burst kills within larger crowds. As proxy det is getting nerfed to the point the only builds with a real chance of using it are mnbs then mdks will suffer majorly in the next update just after getting buffed.

Mdks are dead when darkbrotherhood drops.

Mdk's use meteor usually over dawnbreaker anyway.

Mdk's have always been very strong in 1v1, they still are on the pts theres no reason to assume they they'll ever stop being strong.

I understand your trying to point out the things wrong with a mag dk, the low dps, the low mobility etc.. but could you not exaggerate or blatantly lie? The false information isn't good to spread around.

My mag dk uses LA, with light armour he can easily survive getting beaten on by 3-4 people for 2 mins ~ I can put on some ok dmg with talons dots, inhale, proxy... Until i get my ult, then either use bats if i'm low resources to give my stam a break or i'll time a meteor with a proxy/inhale to try and take someone out.

I agree there dmg is pretty bad and they have no ranged dmg available.

With the changes to vamp which most dk's are, dk's will get mobility using mist form, it's not the best mobility but it's something. The fact vamps will take lower dmg from dawnbreaker is welcome as well. The changes to heavy mean dk's may be able to sustain with heavy instead of needing to go light.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    je85Srm.png

^^ Listen to this guy ^^

Loko, wondering if you tried out heavy Kags?

Sidenote, once VR is removed I'll have a MagDK I can run.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
    Options
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    Nice, get one ready. I haven't tried heavy yet, I know some people have success with it though. It's just hard to work in atm. I did pick up 5 pieces of elf bane impen I'll be trying out though.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Options
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, get one ready. I haven't tried heavy yet, I know some people have success with it though. It's just hard to work in atm. I did pick up 5 pieces of elf bane impen I'll be trying out though.

If you have bloodspawn, Elf Bane may work. If not I would just stick with Kags. Kags forever and always! I'm definitely going to be trying out a heavy kags set up next patch. Heavy armor + vamp =0. Should be fun indeed! Also, I'm curious as to how you run with only 10k stam? I don;t see you running igneous so are just relying on dragon leap for the stam return? I have almost 17k on my DK with the help of some hakeijos and it's literally the best thing I could've done to my build.
    Edited by Moglijuana on April 29, 2016 9:32PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
    Options
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK but what about those who want DKs to be you know the go to tank class again ?

Don't even say " Oh DK best at 1v1 dueling bla bla bla". Just don't.

Ummm DK is the best tank class. I tank zergs solo for my guild everyday I pvp. Build it properly and it's good

sorcerers tank better unfortunately even in llight armor.

buff lava whip buff dragons blood.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
    Options
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK but what about those who want DKs to be you know the go to tank class again ?

Don't even say " Oh DK best at 1v1 dueling bla bla bla". Just don't.

Ummm DK is the best tank class. I tank zergs solo for my guild everyday I pvp. Build it properly and it's good

sorcerers tank better unfortunately even in llight armor.

buff lava whip buff dragons blood.

I would love to see a sorc facetank 24 people with shields
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
    Options
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    glad to hear I could help man, this build has been working out well for me.

you filled my DK bountys many times.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
    Options
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    I'll post this one too.
    Mag DKs make good EMPs as well. They may not be the best in solo play, but played right they are beast.
    (Soulless Knights)
    AD Stoneey DK (Vr16) homeless
    AD StoneyHeals Templar (Vr16) homeless
    AD Stoknee NB (v1) Training
    AD Psychosis Sorc (37) Training
    Options