Magika DK

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    From what ive read, most of you either zerg, have never fought good competition, are straight lieing, have every glitch/cheat/macro/broken tactic memorized, or are pvp gods who should just hang the gloves up and retire because there is no getting better.

Nerfed class heal. Nerfed blocking, which is a staple of dks. Abilities that hit like a fiery noodle with maxed stats. Nerfed execute. Broken wing abilities.

The people who thought blocking regen builds where op didnt figure in that a tank class doing tank things is a tank, not op. Annoying as hell, thats about it. And if you compair dk to almost any other class the only advantage is health recovery? O and now we can go down with the ship better with inhale being fixed, because we are going to stand their and take an asswhooping because the sorc streaked away and the NB cloaked and dipped out.

I think a good solution to fix tanks and heavy armor would be to make a heavy armor passive that allows 50% stamina regen while blocking. That way you don't have 100% meaning you can't just perma block
    Edited by Hutch679 on April 15, 2016 3:26PM
    Options
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    From what ive read, most of you either zerg, have never fought good competition, are straight lieing, have every glitch/cheat/macro/broken tactic memorized, or are pvp gods who should just hang the gloves up and retire because there is no getting better.

Nerfed class heal. Nerfed blocking, which is a staple of dks. Abilities that hit like a fiery noodle with maxed stats. Nerfed execute. Broken wing abilities.

The people who thought blocking regen builds where op didnt figure in that a tank class doing tank things is a tank, not op. Annoying as hell, thats about it. And if you compair dk to almost any other class the only advantage is health recovery? O and now we can go down with the ship better with inhale being fixed, because we are going to stand their and take an asswhooping because the sorc streaked away and the NB cloaked and dipped out.

I think a good solution to fix tanks and heavy armor would be to make a heavy armor passive that allows 50% stamina regen while blocking. That way you don't have 100% meaning you can't just perma block

So this is different from shield spamming or permacloak how? If you dedicate a build with enough stam regen to perma block then your damage is gimped to all heck. Im not sure who thought the no stam regen was even a reasonable solution. Someone who didnt play a dk im sure.
    Options
  • frownsyndromes
    frownsyndromes
    ✭✭✭
    All you guys saying light armour dk is ***, i highly doubt you have spent enough time playing it because once you get the hang of it its pretty strong,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt29YK3KCCY
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CMurder435 wrote: »
    Lol dk can def tank zergs..
    There's a lot of ridiculousness in this thread..
    Why you guys arguing with this crap lol obviously it's not the class for everyone..especially someone so close minded

Yeh, they can tank a group.

But my magica templar can also tank a group but also kill that group. Same with my sorc. And my stam Dk. Both my NBs and my stamplar can run circles around a group taking one or two out at a time.

Magica DKs can't do any of that. Honestly, I think they lack damage. Whip is terrible damage. Buff whip's damage and you'll be able to focus and burst people down in a group then move to next target.
    Options
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The video linked above... Well... I watched it until 2:36. My brain just hurts. That's a high damage burst build against players that basically aren't doing anything. Of course any high damage build will kill enemies that can't defend themselves, should I say... nearly at all. Nor are they really attacking the DK. That is not representative of gameplay on the PC at all.

The discussion is about magicka DKs in an environment where the enemies are at least semi-decent. And that's where magicka DK is still not up to what it should be. The simple fix I would suggest? 50% stamina regen for magicka DKs while blocking (tie it to max magicka somehow or something...). Invisibats fixed so that no one can hit you with a singletarget skill while the ultimate is active. Once that's implemented, then let's take a new look at the situation.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
    Options
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    I love my magic dk. I find sustainability very effective from close range from range those damn Radiant destructions get me everytime and that for other chanel abilities other than that I would not change a thing. Use gap closers and rain hell on earth.
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you guys saying light armour dk is ***, i highly doubt you have spent enough time playing it because once you get the hang of it its pretty strong,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt29YK3KCCY

I'd like to point out that while i like the 1vX you did, your likely vsing Pve'ers in the sewers who are so bad at pvp it hurts, don't think i seen 1 v16 there, Likely they've been grinding for a while and have 0 armour left, there so low lvl as well and have no idea what to do judging by the video.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    je85Srm.png

BUFFED w S&B, and Continuous Attack.
    (Normal buffed is 3030 dmg, and 1650 regen)
    I will be making a build video shortly, but I have tried nearly everything this patch. Fasalla's, VD (which is awesome, just lower dps output) Transmutation (yeah yeah yeah) and several monster sets to boot. The best thing I have found so far is 5 piece Kags, and 3 piece Arch Mage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBERSXEqT5Q&feature=youtu.be

Edited by LokoMatic on April 18, 2016 5:38PM
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
    Options
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LokoMatic wrote: »
    je85Srm.png

I will be making a build video shortly, but I have tried nearly everything this patch. Fasalla's, VD (which is awesome, just lower dps output) Transmutation (yeah yeah yeah) and several monster sets to boot. The best thing I have found so far is 5 piece Kags, and 3 piece Arch Mage.

Good stuff, that spell damage looks dope, idk how you get it so high. Mine tops off around 2.5k buffed and I have 2.3k recovery buffed. 37k magicka 25k health and 16k stamina with tri stat food while in cyrodiil.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    Chadwikid wrote: »
    @DKsUnite He has no clue bro. Your better off not even posting. His mind is made up. It's too hard of a class for him to play or even wrap his head around.

Yeh that's on Him if he can't play it. It's a class that takes time and dedication to learn and skill to play. Not easy to just pick it up.
    Therium104 wrote: »
    OK but what about those who want DKs to be you know the go to tank class again ?

Don't even say " Oh DK best at 1v1 dueling bla bla bla". Just don't.

Ummm DK is the best tank class. I tank zergs solo for my guild everyday I pvp. Build it properly and it's good

Wtf. No one tanks zergs solo. Now if you are in a group with heals backing you could survive for a short while but frankly I prefer templar tanks for that because they can heal for so much stay alive longer.

Umm please ask anyone on the NA server PC about me :)

If leo isn't best DK ever he's top 2, don't argue with him about DK
    Options
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭

[/quote]
    Good stuff, that spell damage looks dope, idk how you get it so high. Mine tops off around 2.5k buffed and I have 2.3k recovery buffed. 37k magicka 25k health and 16k stamina with tri stat food while in cyrodiil.[/quote]

Thanks man, yeah I had messed around with a lot of variations and found this one to be the best. Its hard to find that "fine line" of having enough damage and sustain. If I used divines I could get the regen up, but this set is all impen. It comes out to 5 kags, 1 kena, 3 arch mage, 3 willpower with the atro stone w/ 5 light and 1-1.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can't balance all classes for stam and magicka in PvP, group PvE, and vMA at the same time. Well, there is one way -- make them all the same.
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK but what about those who want DKs to be you know the go to tank class again ?

Don't even say " Oh DK best at 1v1 dueling bla bla bla". Just don't.

Ummm DK is the best tank class. I tank zergs solo for my guild everyday I pvp. Build it properly and it's good

No not really well not towards the stamina DKs. All the DKs passive that make them tanky requires either to slot or use a skill to activate and DKs have only 2 stamina morphs and their for DPS not tanking.

So yes DKs are the best tanks as your are saying if they are magic DKs.

Scaled armor increases spell resistance ok were is the physical resistance ?

Iron skin blocks additional 10% damage. Ok to bad blocking sucks (blocking enrf).

Burning heat increases healing recived when dragconic skill is active and look at that all dragon skills are magicka base.

Elder Dragon increases health recovery yea wonderful for tanks but oh look at the requirements need to have atleast 1 dragon skill slotted and would you know all dragon skills are magic base and tanks tend to favor stamina and stamina recovery more than magic.

Mountains blessing yes restores stamina when a earthen heart skill is used but by a mere 5%.

Only DK passive that really helps stamina base DKs is battle roar.

Like sorry if you dis-agree and yes DKs are "the tank class" but really the tank passive only help when you play magic DK and not stamina and either the passives need to change to give the tank bonuses flatly or DKs need more stamina morphs.
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say Mag DK is the best build, but it's far from the worst either. Looking at some of the changes that the DK received with the TG update, they've actually received some pretty good and interesting skills to play with:

- Molten Weapons: provides Major Sorcery and increases Heavy Attack power. Works great with Destro Staves
    - Inferno: no longer a toggle + passive 10% Spell Crit + stronger Fireball
    - Chains fix
    - Better sustain with Burning Embers
    - Inhale: increased Damage + more targets hit (6 instead of 3)
    - Mountain's Blessing: Minor Brutality on top of Ultimate Regen

With DoTs being a bit more reliable to use this update, I find that Mag DKs are pretty decent in 1v1 and small scale PvP. Open World is still a bit hard for them...

But yeah, the DK still needs some buffs and fixes here and there + a few more Stamina Morphs:

- Dragon Blood: the heal needs to be doubled imo. Optional: make GDB a stam morph and stam based heal?
    - Obsidian Shield: should be scaled from Max Magicka (Igneous) or Max Stamina (Fragmented)
    - Draconic Power Passives: definitely need buffing/updating. Increased Block Damage %, Phys Resist on top of the Spell Resist,...
    - Searing Heat passive: should include Inferno and its morphs

I'm kinda happy with this update, and I'm really looking forward to get mine to v16 and do some serious PvP instead of the small scale and testing I've done so far :p Mag DK is def on the right track, they're still not there yet but this update has given me hope :D
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    je85Srm.png

5 kags 3 vicious death > 5 kags 3 archamge doe

Also, imo, the best mag DK build atm is
    5 lich/5kags 3 willpower

Also, shout out to the Scourge DC/EP baddies.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on April 18, 2016 10:01PM
    Options
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    je85Srm.png

5 kags 3 vicious death > 5 kags 3 archamge doe

Also, imo, the best mag DK build atm is
    5 lich/5kags 3 willpower

Also, shout out to the Scourge DC/EP baddies.

I'd rather have another slot with regen rather than max, can already get to almost 42k max with this. If I ran 3 VD my regen would go below 1400 which I don't need. Lich is good that's for sure but I don't need more sustain, and I love my impen :).
    Edited by LokoMatic on April 18, 2016 11:29PM
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Options
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tava is broken how good it is, i would argue that tava is the best set for a mDK
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tava is broken how good it is, i would argue that tava is the best set for a mDK

What are you running that gives dodge chance though? Shuffle uses up a lot of stam that I find I need for blocking/not dying in general.
    Options
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to try that but I only have about 15k Stam w/ tri-food
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Options
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

What are you running that gives dodge chance though? Shuffle uses up a lot of stam that I find I need for blocking/not dying in general.
    I wanted to try that but I only have about 15k Stam w/ tri-food

i run about 15-16k stam. I do run shuffle but i moved away from the perma block build. Instead i dumped points into getting crit resist and damage reduction in general. With shuffle, you dont take as much damage as you think. I have been running just spell power pots the last 2 nights and im doing fine with stam drain. You just gotta LoS a bit more to survive better.

ps. running destro on main bar for WoE so that forces me not to block until i swap to snb back bar

Latest Videos:

Options
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everything you mentioned is known and was said before since IC hit, and nothing has been done except with some over hyped tweaks here and there that made very little difference.

Its a shame, i want to pvp and pvp with my magicka dk, but 3rd update and nothing truely done im going to go with an easy magicka nb instead.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
    Options
  • Killa4hire89
    Killa4hire89
    ✭✭
    Wow @Therium104. You really can't listen. The only change that needs to happen to DK is to give a stamina morph of whip so all the WB spammers will leave my beloved class alone, and for Dragon blood to be made viable again. I played mag dk a few days ago, running 5 H 2 light. 4 elf bane, 3 healthy willpower. 3 torugs and engine guardian and I was hitting for over 4k whips. This is a *** setup but it was decent. Stfu and listen to all the people who are trying to help you.
    Options
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magika dks running light are real good 1v1 or with a group. But add 1 more person and a snare1v2+ and your toast fast. There is no effective way to create space or tank short of spamming healing ward, same for templar with BoL. there is no incentive to NOT be standing right on top of a dk spaming your hardest hitting ability because they cant deter you with the dps they can put out. Sorcs have minefield that actually hurts when you run over the mines, so you don't get gap closer spammed because they landed on a 6k mine, NB can aoe cc and cloak out.

If you got a group to run with, the buffs you provide, CC, and dmg is a great asset (especially when you land a 10k heavy attack) but the defenses have been gutted to laughable or didnt exist to begin with.
    Options
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O try 5pc julianos heavy 4pc magnus light or med/light on small pcs belt/gloves(either dw or snb nirn on swords) and 3 pc transmutation jewlery w/ regen enchants or reduce cost for sustain. destro for Weakness to Elements the return magika morph and heal using burning embers, inhale, or coag dragons blood. Fun build. Funny thing is a heavy attack destro lightning tick hits almost as hard as flame lash. Go figure
    Edited by Lokey0024 on April 19, 2016 11:08PM
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking about using that set, but yeah as a Mag build we don't have as much Stam as we would like to roll dodge often.

I'm planning on a good ol' 5 Kagrenac, 3 Willpower, 1 Kena, 2 Torug's with Destro+Resto Staves. Would work great as a Dunmer :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    I said I'll make a video. It's all about how you play you're DK.. Proof is in the pudding. Call them noobs or console players but aye..
    (Soulless Knights)
    AD Stoneey DK (Vr16) homeless
    AD StoneyHeals Templar (Vr16) homeless
    AD Stoknee NB (v1) Training
    AD Psychosis Sorc (37) Training
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly am just giving up on my magicka dk. I refuse to use light armor and a staff on a class that is supposed to use, and is designed around heavy armor w/ snshield. I am just going to go to stam snb heavy dk as soon as i hae the money to respec. Maybe when they finally do something to heavy to help.
    Options
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    I honestly am just giving up on my magicka dk. I refuse to use light armor and a staff on a class that is supposed to use, and is designed around heavy armor w/ snshield. I am just going to go to stam snb heavy dk as soon as i hae the money to respec. Maybe when they finally do something to heavy to help.

you are gimping yourself regardless of playstyle if you use heavy basically. I know it looks cool and i love heavy but right now its a waste when medium/light are so much better

Latest Videos:

Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Use light armour and s+b works fine.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

you are gimping yourself regardless of playstyle if you use heavy basically. I know it looks cool and i love heavy but right now its a waste when medium/light are so much better

Talking to someone who played a commando in SWTOR for 3 years in pvp. Nothing can be worse than that. Stamknight with 4 piece morgulkin 5 piece hundings, blue gear with white glyphs I managed to get my weapon damage to 2,6 k. Now when i did that with magicka, using magnus and seducer, my spell damage was a whole whopping 1,6 k. Just awful. While I know the benefits of medium, I still prefer the blocking bonuses from heavy, and the added extra resistance. Heavy really REALLY needs to have built in crit resist though. That would help oodles.
    Edited by Jade1986 on April 20, 2016 2:24PM
    Options