The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do you like the new Camps?

Sanct16
Sanct16
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Edited by Sanct16 on March 27, 2016 10:32PM
- EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP

How do you like the new Camps? 126 votes

Good
48%
ColoursYouHaveArobainDaveMoeDeeThatNeonZebraAgainJahoelIruil_ESOkwisatzAra_ValleriaMaximillianDiEKenaPKKChillicSheezabeastBRogueNZwookikiller95BashevCogovortexman11SHADOW2KKRa1neLord_Hev 61 votes
Bad
3%
_ChaosAenlirKr3dozykphillyboy7897 5 votes
Old Camps were better
25%
Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESOJunipusSeptimus_MagnaFMonkmertustaShunravihelltigerHellingerFrancescolgPhatGrimReaperSpacemonkeyRajajshkaSC0TY999InitiationbitakenyamadasRoamingRiverElkSanct16ItoqEirella 32 votes
There should be no camps
16%
ssewallb14_ESOXsorusRebDyrideZhegLarsSmanny254Nonamesbutmineub17_ESOElsirriverdragon72Ghost-ShotFrozenAnimalreftenMojomonkeymanIyasJamilaRajNovaShadowDannyLV702catalyst10eEdmundTowers 21 votes
I don't care
5%
Poxheartkevlarto_ESOkillingspreeb16_ESOjarrandub17_ESOCinbriEsoReconBurning_Talons 7 votes
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There should be no camps
    There's no longer any joy in flagging a keep. Kills don't mean sh*t other than AP. It promotes reckless suicide bombing knowing there will be no consequence. Where is the fun/strategy aspect now???
    Options
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good
    YES

If you don't like them, go burn their camps. They are quite prominent. Problem solved.

I like the extra dimension of tactics and counterplay that they have introduced, and I like how they give less organized forces a little bit more cushion when fighting organized groups that would have bulldozed through them last patch. The short range is smart.
    Edited by KenaPKK on March 27, 2016 10:53PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Old Camps were better
    I like having camps back in game - however the new camps did exactly what I predicted several months ago: Instead of spreading out players over the map, the fights just got longer and bigger - and as a result also laggier.

The old camps had the potential to spread the action over the map easily by providing several spawnlocations. Most people just want fight and will just take the easy-way: Running to Alessia bridge, Arrius lumber, etc. When they die, they just rez and go again. Thanks to the new camps, its even easier for them to get straight back into the action.

Before the patch it was usually like: Dc zerg inc Arrius lumber -> they wipe -> EP zerg inc Chalman farm -> they wipe -> repeat.
    This way, there was quite some time for the server to recover and the lag only really skyrocketed when there was a huge battle going on that for some reason ended up in some kind of stalemate. With the new camps tho those kind of stalemates happen way more often. If the server would be able to handle it, I wouldn't mind. More people = More AP for us. Sadly the server can't handle it and I find myself cc breaking 3 times in a row because #ZOSLogic.

>320.000.000 AP
    Options
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Old Camps were better
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    YES

If you don't like them, go burn their camps. They are quite prominent. Problem solved.

I like the extra dimension of tactics and counterplay that they have introduced, and I like how they give less organized forces a little bit more cushion when fighting organized groups that would have bulldozed through them last patch. The short range is smart.
    It turns out to be quite hard to burn a camp that is placed in an openfield 70v70 fight. Also a camp is placed in almost no time.

Then again, if it wasn't for the 999+ it would be fine so it might be wrong to blame to camps instead of the servers - but as I don't see ZOS increasing server capacity ever I think there needs to be a solution to prevent those faction vs faction clashes.

>320.000.000 AP
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    YES

It's actually the opposite because organized groups have the ability to lay down more camps more consistently. They also have greater capacity to hunt down camps should they choose to. Which they generally won't because it's all about AP right now. AP farmers are pleased their farmees can return endlessly.

What has actually happened is the tools smaller and less organized groups were given to deal with organized blobs (proxy/vd/siege) have been rendered completely meaningless as the large groups can respawn as often as they like as it is trivial to have an nb assigned to the role of camp dispenser.

When an organized group finally leaves, it's because they've decided to. A group like VE or Haxus could drop camps endlessly all night long at one location if they chose. These groups are probably earning 30-50k+ AP an hour and collectively have tens or hundreds of millions of AP saved up.

The joke is on the casual player at these huge keep fights because they think they're winning because they successfully defend a keep nobody cares about while being farmed without realizing it.

This paradigm is so stupid that the way to actually make an organized group leave is by reducing the AP/hr they are being fed. Objectives are irrelevant in a game based around them. That alone makes Cyrodiil completely broken.

Are you really this naive, or are you defending a paradigm that is making you and your friends wealthy?
    Edited by zyk on March 27, 2016 11:35PM
    Options
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be no camps
    They're ruining alliance war PvP for me. Good plays and bad plays don't even matter anymore, there are no consequences for failure and no reward for success. Particularly with groups that run in large enough numbers that they can have 2 raids mindlessly throw themselves at a keep over and over while a 3rd just sits in a tower somewhere with the camp spamming coldfire at the breach. This makes for boring 8 hour keep battles where numbers eventually win.
    Edited by ssewallb14_ESO on March 28, 2016 5:32AM
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good
    Helps me unlock skills and skill points quicker. Might even get enough AP to buy some decent gear.
    Options
  • Vexzarium
    Vexzarium
    ✭✭✭
    There should be no camps
    I want to be a fan of them, I do for the reasons KenaPKK mentioned... but on the other hand, I'm sick of the empty feeling of wiping a raid just to have them tagging our keep walls 30 seconds later. I'm sick of the empty kill feelings, and I'm sick of the damn lag... which is debatable that the lag would be better without camps. So, the "I Don't Care" option does not really hit it for me, neither does what I selected... I like certain elements, but hate others.
    Edited by Vexzarium on March 28, 2016 6:06AM
    PC-NA
    "Vexzarium" EP Magplar
    "Vèxzarium" DC mDK
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good
    I love them. Really allows small scale PvP to happen between keeps and outposts. I've had some pretty damn good fights in the middle of nowhere with camps being available.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good
    This is how camps should have been in the first place. Small radius to prevent raidius troll camp placement, only respawn in the radius, and a res sickness...though that should be longer than 2 minutes...5 would be better...if it were 5 minutes on the cooldown it would serve its purpose of giving groups a second chance after a bad engagement but not be a safety net for sloppy play...people would have to old school res instead of relying on camps all the time and we might see quicker d ticks and fights not prolonged for 7 hours
    Member of Victorem, RÁGE ; Decibel Alumni (RIP)

Kalista Schefer: VR16 AD Sorcerer; Alliance Rank 22

Noxus-Katarina: VR16 AD NB; Alliance Rank 30

Grxknight: VR16 AD DK; Alliance Rank 16

Lorelie Aedel: VR16 AD Templar; Alliance Rank 8
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Old Camps were better
    Agreed ^

Camps allow for small scale to thrive in between large keep battles. They have become so ingrained in small scale that going back would be literally miserable. I'm a fan of the old camps just for blood porting and convenience reasons, but I can understand why that can't happen. It would give massive amounts of people too much mobility across the map.

New camps seem fairly balanced, the global cooldown and reasonable range on them seems to be the main reasons why.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THEY SHOULD COST MORE!!!
    Options
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good
    Jules wrote: »
    Agreed ^

Camps allow for small scale to thrive in between large keep battles. They have become so ingrained in small scale that going back would be literally miserable. I'm a fan of the old camps just for blood porting and convenience reasons, but I can understand why that can't happen. It would give massive amounts of people too much mobility across the map.

New camps seem fairly balanced, the global cooldown and reasonable range on them seems to be the main reasons why.

2 minutes is nothing though...good groups like yours and mine will play around that timer and kite until it's down and then push in...kiting for 2 minutes is easy, 5 minutes (which is what i feel the timer should be) is hard especially when you're drawing more and more opponents to your location...

Member of Victorem, RÁGE ; Decibel Alumni (RIP)

Kalista Schefer: VR16 AD Sorcerer; Alliance Rank 22

Noxus-Katarina: VR16 AD NB; Alliance Rank 30

Grxknight: VR16 AD DK; Alliance Rank 16

Lorelie Aedel: VR16 AD Templar; Alliance Rank 8
    Options
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the old camp system but i dont care anymore cyrodiil is too far gone.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would vote for "Good, but could be better". I would like camps to be used only outside of the radius of any keep (friendly or not) and the cooldown on them increased to 5 minutes.
    Edited by frozywozy on March 28, 2016 1:05PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be no camps
    Bad, for one simple reason...I creates massive pileups of players which is = lag and drops in framerate.

Wasn't an issue too often in the past, now it's every keep battle.

Remove FCs until the lag is fixed
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
    Options
  • yamadas
    yamadas
    ✭✭✭
    Old Camps were better
    F*** this new camps :'(, just bring back 1.5 pvp
    Yamadas
    Dk is Master of Shame // AR 50 (no more)
    Many Alts

Necrotic Lagg

EU / PC Master Race
    Options
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good
    I liked no camps the best, but these are much better than the old camps. I would like to see the number of respawn charges per camp increased and the respawn cool down timer increased significantly. This would make camps feel more like a second chance type of mechanic. If a player dies once, res at camp and try again. If a player dies twice, the fight ends for them unless res'ed by a soul gem or they make the trek back to the action from a keep.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Old Camps were better
    Camps were best when they were bugged at the start of the game to sometimes be unplaceable again for 30m or so. This way you could blood port and spread out fights but you couldn't recamp in the same place over and over again.

I remember when we used to attack arrius and then if we wiped we would send half the raid to a guy waiting at Farragut and half to a guy waiting at Kings. .. They were good times
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on March 29, 2016 2:06AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    I think they are to cheap and should cost three times what they do now at least. /shrug
    Options
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good
    I get in and destroy tons of camps right out from under the big guilds. If I can't get close to burn them, I siege them from afar with fire ballistae. Just last weekend, I burned over a dozen forward camps in one keep being defended by like 3 AD raids plus pugs.

And I feel obligated to say that I do not AP farm anyone at camps like you suggested. I choose not to associate with larger guilds that play that way. I am defending camps because they add tactical dimension to the game.

I think the simpler solution to your complaint is to implement a cooldown period after a camp is destroyed before another one is placed. That would be really nice to have. I'm pretty tired of the large guilds instantly replacing every camp I destroy with a shiny new one.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It leads to much longer keep fights, good for AP win or lose, and which I've found pretty fun.

But I've also noticed a rise in lag even in BwB.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • Stanko
    Stanko
    ✭✭✭
    Good
    I'd prefer a larger radius, so that you can venture further from the camp.

A few of us took a remote resource on Had/PC last night and used a camp to keep the fight going longer. It allowed us to get away from the zerg battles.
    Stanko: Ebonheart Pact, CP 3600, Templar, Former Emperor on Azura's, Arena Gladiator, Flawless Conqueror, Spirit Slayer, Grand Overlord, Paragon, and of course Merciless.
    Options
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good
    great for pvp right now rather than several minutes donkey ride fo sho
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    Back to 1.5 please.
    Options
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old Camps were better
    Bring back the old camps.

Blood porting nowadays would mean you couldn't have the whole faction throw themselves at one target and have a massive lag inducing fight. Some of them would have to port back to defend while others would have to develop skill to take their objective.

Keep the respawn timer and small radius though, but bring back blood porting.
    The Legendary Nothing
    Options