The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Normal v16 Maw Loot Drops?

Dunkmeister
Dunkmeister
✭✭✭
Was running a couple v16 normal runs back to back with my friends and noticed most of the raid got nothing from the last boss and several boss chests on the second run. Except for the new people who came in on the second run, they got loot but rest of us didn't. I wondered if Trial loot is on a timer, much like delve bosses in Abah's Landing. Anyone else notice this or is it just bad RNG?
Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
PVE Achievement Collector
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps a combination of both? I wouldn't be surprised if there was a loot timer, since ZOS discourages grinding while simultaneously forcing us to grind.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
    Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe there is a 20 or 24 hour timer on loot for Maw.
    Options
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    I believe there is a 20 or 24 hour timer on loot for Maw.

If that's the case, that's ridiculous for a trial and needs to be changed.

The whole point of running trials is for gear. Good lord, don't they have enough problems getting people to run trials, they really feel the need to have to do this crap? Smh.
    Options
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Did two normal full runs on v16 yesterday. One in the afternoon and one in the evening and I only got soul gems, gold and a couple one items on all five chests for both runs. Friends who did the same runs with me are getting loot drops. What is going on here?
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know, I got 2 vr16 rings of Alcosh in 3 runs the other day. So it doesnt look that its on timer.
    But the rng is screwed up in this game, that's for sure.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • TotterTates
    TotterTates
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a blue lvl 10 lunar bastion ring last night and several others got Moondancer jewelry.

We did a lvl 10 normal MoL run, it was fantastic >:)

I now have 5 pc Ebon set on my lvl 10! Rockin' them lowbie balls.
    Edited by TotterTates on March 31, 2016 2:24PM
    Cuppincakes
    • Imperial Dragonknight (Tank)
    • Pre-TG vMA Score: 459,636 [55:36, 0 Sigils, 0 Deaths] (Stamina)
    • Post-TG vMA Score: 537,328 [53:36, 0 Sigils, 0 Deaths] (Stamina)
    Bäby Spice
    • Altmer Sorc (DPS)
    Alisaeri
    • Dunmer Dragonknight (Healer/DPS)
    Church
    • Argonian Templar (Healer)
    Moon Moon
    • Khajiit Nightblade (DPS)

My Twitch Channel: TotterTanks
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did 2 runs in one evening - got proper lot on first run and trash on the second - I don't remember this being the case on the old trials.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Did 2 runs in one evening - got proper lot on first run and trash on the second - I don't remember this being the case on the old trials.

Yeah, I dont know if this is a bug or intentional. It doesnt make sense to me to get no loot on a trial, especially from the last boss chest. What a killjoy.
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't believe it is a timer. I have tried waiting to see if I get full loot. No that is not the case. I can see no pattern as of yet.
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I dont know if this is a bug or intentional. It doesnt make sense to me to get no loot on a trial, especially from the last boss chest. What a killjoy.

I have an impression that whole loot system is bugged as hell.

PC/EU
    Options
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't believe it is a timer. I have tried waiting to see if I get full loot. No that is not the case. I can see no pattern as of yet.

Me too paulsimonps. I ran a raid Tuesday night, got loot on all chest, then Wednesday afternoon and night ( about 26 hrs later) and no loot at all.
    Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To clarify, ZOS confirmed that the loot in Maw of Lorkhaj is week based per character.

Character A runs Normal MOL for the first time ever and they will get loot from every boss, guaranteed. Character A then runs Veteran MOL for the first time ever and will get loot from every boss, guaranteed.

However, from that point on (and for the rest of the week) Character A only has a percentage chance to obtain loot from the bosses. I.e. it is NOT guaranteed but it is possible. I believe this weekly timer resets with maintenance each week but I am not sure, I think @Seiffer can weigh in on that a bit more.

So TL;DR: It is a timer, it's a weekly timer per character.
    Options
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    To clarify, ZOS confirmed that the loot in Maw of Lorkhaj is week based per character.

Character A runs Normal MOL for the first time ever and they will get loot from every boss, guaranteed. Character A then runs Veteran MOL for the first time ever and will get loot from every boss, guaranteed.

However, from that point on (and for the rest of the week) Character A only has a percentage chance to obtain loot from the bosses. I.e. it is NOT guaranteed but it is possible. I believe this weekly timer resets with maintenance each week but I am not sure, I think @Seiffer can weigh in on that a bit more.

..... if this is true. Just wow. Why in the hell did they think this was a good idea? Smh.
    Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree @pcdunkleyub17_ESO. When we've been running it multiple times a week since the PTS and I get loot about 25% of the time it really feels like wasted effort. We aren't even being rewarded for the time we put in.

To make it worse, certain gear only drops from certain bosses. So if we need the weapons we need to farm the second boss but we can only do that one a week guaranteed, otherwise we're just repeatedly smashing our face into the grindstone and praying for a drop.

It's such a ridiculously bad idea and feels like a way of artificially extending the content.
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow.
    Didnt think they would go that far.
    So not only there's rng for drops, you can even farm it reliably? That's one of the worst rng systems I've ever heard of (well, except p2w rng boxes in f2p games).

PC/EU
    Options
  • jbcrocks
    jbcrocks
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for clarifying this. Now I have a reason not to sub or buy this.
    jbcrocks [EP] - Dunmer DK - Vamp since launch - AvA 37
    Chaboyyyhd [EP]- Altmer Sorcerer - AvA 9
    Jb Shadowcloak [EP] - Imperial Nightblade AvA 9
    Commander Soviets [AD] - Bosmer Nightnlade AvA 5

Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's probably a week from the last time you ran it. We had a series of farming runs of nMoL where we'd bring a new character each run. My DK hadn't done it in over a week, and got loot all the time. My NB ran it this past weekend, before the maintenance, and only got white decon trash.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #millionreasonstoNOTplay
    Options
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    I think the main point is that it punishes people who don't play ALTs. People with ALTs can farm a bunch of gear per week, by those of us who focus on a single character will not.
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    #millionreasonstoNOTplay

Exactly.
    Making raid content less rewarding than mob grind is just ridiculous. Of course, normal Maw is easy, but its still one step more difficult than running in circles and aoeing. They really should reconsider their loot system to actually encourage people to play.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , is it the case with veteran version of MoL as well?

PC/EU
    Options
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    The more I think about this, the more upset I get. Why is it okay with zos to let players stack the leaderboards with alts for gold top end gear and they feel the need to cap the loot in the actual raid itself?
    Edited by Dunkmeister on March 31, 2016 6:22PM
    Options
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I think about this, the more upset I get. Why is it okay with zos to let players stack the leaderboards with alts for gold top end gear and they feel the need to cap the loot in the actual raid itself?

Good question.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if there's a simular timer on vMA weapons...

PC/EU
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it the case with veteran version of MoL as well?
    Unfortunately, yes. (Well, at least for two boss-like loot opportunities.)

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Options
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it true that there is a one week loot timer on boss drops? Why would they even put something like that in?
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
    Options
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where did zos confirm this? I know its pretty well known around the community. I really want to see actual info posted about these weekly timers or percentage drops... Checked all patch notes, didnt find anything.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the reset is one week from the previous run? Or if it resets at a set time? (1200 UTC on Mondays--same time as the weeklies?)

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Options