Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Elder Loads Online

OmniDo
OmniDo
✭✭✭✭✭
I continue to notice this Loading effect...
Before:
load_01.png

5-10 seconds later...

load_02.png

Would be nice to know if this is even on their agenda to "fix".
  • Reapor
    Reapor
    ✭✭✭
    set

in usersettings

SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS "0"

to

SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS "-3"

dont *** about the lag tho
    Edited by Reapor on March 21, 2016 6:14AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The topic of this thread CAME out differently than I expected it would.... based on the title." -Guy who just had to say it
    Edited by Vaoh on March 21, 2016 6:41AM
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reapor wrote: »
    set

in usersettings

to

Adjustments made, restarted game.
    Issue persists.
    Thanks for the effort though.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps if there were a way to force the game to load all the meshes for a given area, this would prevent the really poor render rate.
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »
    I continue to notice this Loading effect...
    Before:
    load_01.png

5-10 seconds later...

load_02.png

Would be nice to know if this is even on their agenda to "fix".

LAG
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malmai wrote: »
    LAG

Why would internet latency have anything to do with loading a static mesh?
    This information would be presumed to be stored and retrieved clients side, not server side.
    If not, that would be an atrocious way to dispense content, as the sheer amount of bandwidth required to dispense it to each player would be prohibitively immense.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Latency a lie? I have 80 to 150 latency, good fps, it doesnt matter if I play on medium or ultra, or change that text file, the issue persists since around IC was launched. CPU and GPU not fully loaded, enough memory, fast enough drives, tried several clean installs of the system. People are telling me your PC is outdated. But then why I didn't had any of these issues last year around march - may? Why I had not a single issue when I preordered the game and played for 3 months from 6 to 12h a day? Something was changed around IC and console launch and it cause this LOD bug, it cause random loading screens, delays with mob and aoe spawning, delays with objects and textures and now with TG it causes crashes and even more severe issues... Its either bad code, client side issues or server side issues that which each DLC seems to aggravate and make the game more and more unstable...

No ETA no words on the issue?
    Edited by deleted008293 on March 21, 2016 10:37AM
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    set

in usersettings

to

Issue persists.

Then it's your crappy harddrive - get an SSD.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    No its not your crappy hard drive. I tested it on multiple drives, solo and raid configurations. Issue persists. Also when i checked load times and data transfers there were near as high as you might think.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    babylon wrote: »
    That's one possible bottleneck out of many. @OnmiDo, it would be helpful to know your system specs, especially GPU and amount of video RAM, mass storage and their types of interfaces, and whether you're seeing this issue with the 32- or 64-bit client. OS and the game's video settings would be helpful, too. On a different angle, do you play over a WiFi and/or a mobile broadband connection?

What you're seeing is not about meshes, but textures -- or rather, their different levels of detail (LOD): they get exchanged on objects dependent on your distance to them. This should be barely noticeable, unless there is an issue with loading, caching, or discarding textures from or in various spaces like HDD, RAM, or video RAM. Or, on a different angle again, the renderer not exactly knowing where you are in the world and thus not knowing which LOD to apply to objects in the viewport. A 5 to 10 seconds delay like yours is rather extreme. Knowing about your setup might help to narrow down possible causes.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Samsung 850 PRO EVO 1TB SSD.
    32GB DDR3 RAM.
    NVIDIA 870M - 3GB
    Try again.
    Edited by OmniDo on March 21, 2016 12:25PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    set

in usersettings

to

Issue persists.

Did you set the file to "read only" afterward though? Otherwise the game will just reset the entry if it is outside of it's "normal" levels.
  • Sirvandal
    Sirvandal
    ✭✭✭
    Its your laptop! :O)

Get a rig!
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Did you set the file to "read only" afterward though? Otherwise the game will just reset the entry if it is outside of it's "normal" levels.
    Yes.
    There was no change in behavior.
    I also tried -1 and -2 as well, to no avail.
    I also noticed that you apparently can force D3D9 and D3D10 that way too, so you dont have to use D3D11. But you must set the file to read-only for this to work as well, otherwise the game just forces it back.
    Edited by OmniDo on March 21, 2016 12:41PM
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sirvandal wrote: »
    Get a rig!
    Uh, no.
    This "Laptop" probably has far more balls that 95% of most "rigs" out there.
    I run everything at Max, and still pull around 30-45fps.
    The fact that it is a laptop (with aforementioned balls) is irrelevant.
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sirvandal wrote: »
    Get a rig!
    Uh, no.
    This "Laptop" probably has far more balls that 95% of most "rigs" out there.
    I run everything at Max, and still pull around 30-45fps.
    The fact that it is a laptop (with aforementioned balls) is irrelevant.

Most maxed settings players get 99 fps (max is 100 fps). So I think you're way overestimating your potato.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Greetings,

Please be aware that we have removed some comments from this thread for being spammy (reposting the same thing multiple times with no additional content) and for calling other players trolls. If you suspect someone of trolling, please use the report function and do not engage them.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most maxed settings players get 99 fps (max is 100 fps). So I think you're way overestimating your potato.
    I dont "Over-estimate potatoes".
    My aforementioned statistics are empirically demonstrated facts regarding my hardware performance.
    I have ruled out the issue as being hardware related.
    This most likely has to do with the sub-par performance of the Hero engine, (still dunno why the hell they chose that god-awful engine) and/or some setting or configuration that was implemented by Zos, for performance reasons most likely.
  • wraithguknub18_ESO
    wraithguknub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It couldnt possibly be your system or an addon or poor internet?

Maybe the force is influencing that game...

[snip]

Moderator edit - image removed for trolling
    Edited by ZOS_MollyH on March 21, 2016 1:36PM
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont "Over-estimate potatoes".
    My aforementioned statistics are empirically demonstrated facts regarding my hardware performance.
    I have ruled out the issue as being hardware related.
    This most likely has to do with the sub-par performance of the Hero engine, (still dunno why the hell they chose that god-awful engine) and/or some setting or configuration that was implemented by Zos, for performance reasons most likely.

Haha oh dear!

Anyway magically the mipmaps tweak works perfectly on my system...so guess ZOS just put YOU and you alone on the crappy server.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Video Card bottleneck.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It couldnt possibly be your system or an addon or poor internet?

Uh, no.
    speed_01.PNG
    Try harder. Try again.
    Crow.png
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^Over.Estimates.Potato.
  • wraithguknub18_ESO
    wraithguknub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I Love you brah!
    tumblr_inline_nnza3lABy81t13qim_500.gif
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Love you brah!
    tumblr_inline_nnza3lABy81t13qim_500.gif
    tumblr_lr9nm9uH6F1qknbv6.gif
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, its 2+ years old, which means it was top of its line after ESO was launched.
    Frame rate is not the problem here.
    The problem is me twiddling my thumbs, enjoying my 30-45 fps in lovely max everything @1080p, while I wait for the silly meshes to do their horrendous Hero-Engine Block-fade from Old Nintendo64 Polygons to their appropriate high-res beauty.
    Whats your point?
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The point is you need to turn your settings down, because your potato can't handle maxed settings.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn down your graphics settings and the issue will go away. Your trying to run on max with a card that can't handle it without those issues.