The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why can't I find a group to do craglorn with?

KloudKotuzai
KloudKotuzai
✭✭
So I just became vet 11, and I'm a solo type of guy. I would enjoy playing with friends but it seems in ESO everyone is an elitist. And in craglorn I can barely survive, I don't know much about the game but I can handle myself. You either have to be vet 16 with the perfect build. And I don't have a mic but I just want to play with people have fun. But in ESO it's very difficult.
Is it just me or is ESO a lot harder to group up with people and actually just help each other out?
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game is dying is why. You should have started a year ago
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform are you on and which server?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not dying at all had a 30 minute q for Haderus. That's not even the full campaign normally... Was today.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am ad PC I would love to finish Craglorn
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Find a guild to join.

And buy a mic. I definitely wouldn't group with someone without one.
  • KloudKotuzai
    KloudKotuzai
    ✭✭

Xbox NA Ebonheart Pact

DHale wrote: »

:/ not pc....

Brrrofski wrote: »
    Find a guild to join.

Eventually I'll get one, is it really that hard?

• The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, PC here too...
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't need a mic to finish Craglorn; it does't take anywhere near that level of coordination. (Except for the Trials, one would be helpful there...but you don't need to do those to finish the questline.)

Craglorn has always been difficult to find groups for; the grind to V11+ means you can't just jump in and the people who got to that level through single-player content don't necessarily enjoy group content. Add to that there are a LOT of people running to Hew's Bane because it's new, drain the rest of the game of population. My advice is to look around peak times, and ask around in guild chat if you're in any.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • surlytroll
    Send me a msg on xbox if you are interested in grouping. My EP char is V13 and my buddy with V12 have just been picking up random people when we need 3 or 4. It would be easier to have a group to do it, but will be hard without a mic since you wouldnt get any say in where we are going. No prob though my friend doesnt like to talk either and emotes can be funny. Gt: surlytroll
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game isn't dying, but Craglorn is. Or rather it's been dead for ages. It used to be a great grinding zone once, but it was hard to find a group for quests even back then. Now that everyone's busy with new DLC, just forget it. Maybe you'll be lucky and find a couple of guilmates who'd like to help. If not, most of Craglorn can be soloed - only a few places require 3 or 4 people to progress.
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lower craglorn can be soloed not to bad at V16 with decent gear. Upper Crag (at least for me on my stam DK) is much harder to pull off. Plus this is meant to be a group zone so some quest require a few more ppl to stand on various platforms or charge 4 orbs to open up a portal. But you are right it is dead and mostly ppl are here to gather Mats, search for Nirncrux, Trials and that is mostly it. I have been trying to complete the quest at least on my Main character, but its so hard to find ppl, even throughout my guilds, who want to do it. Craglorn doesn't give great xp, doesn't give any great rewards, so for most ppl, what's the points? They should either turn it into a solo zone, or make it worth everyones time to be out there, because its like pulling teeth to get a group to run it with me, pug or planned via guilds....
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the right build you can go to craglorn and rock it hard, save for quests that require a group or several people to progress past a specific stage of course.

I can pretty much solo anything in craglorn (except the upper craglorn bosses/delve bosses, haven't even tried though) on my V3 magicka nightblade.
    [...] Craglorn doesn't give great xp, doesn't give any great rewards, so for most ppl, what's the points?[...]

That's the reason you're not finding a group sadly, Craglorn is a really good-looking and intresting zone with very intresting quests and daily dungeons in it, its a shame there's no incentive to actually go there except for guildstores.
  • ArnoTerranova
    ArnoTerranova
    ✭✭✭
    Well spoke Yusuf!

Fatty White-Claw (lvl 50+) heal trial pve
    Koros Bone-Shield (lvl 50+) tank trial pve
    Koros Lust (lvl 50+) dps pve, pvp
    Seiri (lvl 50+) dps pve
    Wildfire (lvl 50+) dps pvp
    EU-PC - Playing since April 2014. (beta)
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've only done a bit of Craglorn but would love to do more. Finally got to complete Dragonstar Arena which is epic! However, I could not find anyone in the zone chat to try it with me. Ended up finding a guildie and someone on my friends list who I invited out of the blue and he said yes to round out my group as I had my son playing with me. Would be great for the zone to be revitalized somehow.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    My main is vet 5 almost 6, but I've been mostly solo up til now, aside from grouping with my roommate. It would be nice to explore craglorn and it's quests. I've wandered all over it, mostly for blacksmith crafting writs and surveys.

If anyone does want to try to coordinate some craglorn outings, I'm ALWAYS online on Sundays, and most mornings until 1pm EST, after 11pm EST and Saturdays after 9pm EST.

Xbox One NA Server Ebonheart Pact
    Gamertag: the LINDERMAN
  • Shaloran
    Shaloran
    ✭✭
    Tomato wrote: »
    The game is dying is why. You should have started a year ago

Dying? Lol hardly. OP just can't get a group because like he said, much of the player base in Craglorn is elitist, and he has no mic. I don't play with people without mics either.. makes it too difficult.

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

Xbox NA Ebonheart Pact

DHale wrote: »

:/ not pc....

Brrrofski wrote: »
    Find a guild to join.

Eventually I'll get one, is it really that hard?

It can be depending on build and skill.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Nussi28
    Nussi28
    ✭✭
    Hello everybody,
    I like to complete Craglorn, but unfortunately it's not possible to do it alone. So far I have no problems soloing all mobs and bosses I found. But there are certain points where you need a group just to push some plates simultaneously or something similar.
    I would appreciate finding someone to help.
    I play on PS4 EU, preferably I would like to complete this with my VR16 DC magicka Sorc. I'm normally online daily between 10 pm - 1 am GMT.
    Feel free to message me via PSN: Nussi28
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, ask your guild mates to join.
    Edited by Van_0S on April 5, 2016 3:29PM
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nussi28 wrote: »
    Hello everybody,
    I like to complete Craglorn, but unfortunately it's not possible to do it alone. So far I have no problems soloing all mobs and bosses I found. But there are certain points where you need a group just to push some plates simultaneously or something similar.
    I would appreciate finding someone to help.
    I play on PS4 EU, preferably I would like to complete this with my VR16 DC magicka Sorc. I'm normally online daily between 10 pm - 1 am GMT.
    Feel free to message me via PSN: Nussi28

Unfortunately there are a few quests (3 I think) that need 4 people. Wish they would change it at least to 2.

If I'm on I'll message you to see if you still need a hand. Problem is I play at rather random times.

PSN: WharMachine
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    Game isn't dying but craglorn has been dead for ages
    Zee blues are coming!!!! Always.... Always coming...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Craglorn MQ is a nice story, and can be quite fun to do. They have also fixed it so that others who are grouped with you can be involved in the quest even if they have done it. Sure, they don't see the quest markers or get the quest exp, but they still get mob exp (which is not all that much even with the recent buff)

I have 3 characters I need to get through that zone, two in AD and one in EP, but I have done some or most of the MQ on these. I am more than willing to repeat the content I have done if someone wants to see their way through the MQ.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any mature polite players who want to join me in Craglorn (EU PC AD), mail me in game. Let's try all upper delves, Anka-Ra burial sites and Mines! Also quests :)
    Edited by Fischblut on May 16, 2016 8:06PM
  • DaWabbajack259
    I am in ebonheart pact xbox one NA server. Please message me @ gamertag : DucK onQuack259
    I really need a group too I am vet 15 dragon knight
  • AidenExodus
    AidenExodus
    Soul Shriven
    Looking for craglorn group as well. Ps4 NA usually on between 1030pm to 100am est, soloed most but missing some group required content. Vet 16 sorc, psn AidenExodus if ur interested
  • Keshya
    Keshya
    Also looking. PS4 EU, EP. V16 Templar, mainly DPS, but I'll also do some healing, I just won't focus on it all the time, so a second healer might come in handy. No mic atm, but headphones, so you just tell me where you want me and I'll do whatever you need me to do, has worked well so far without problems.

Looking for ppl to team up with for Craglorn and trials.

gamer tag mskeshya
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Gt dooderrr. Will run anything in craglorn looking for dsa group
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • livingdeaddoll_zx
    I'll group with you for craglorn - Jezebel Lovecraft on na pc server
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @livingdeaddoll_zx

Sent you a PM, lets do this. Details in PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Bartdude
    Bartdude
    ✭✭✭
    Also looking to do Craglorn, PC EU. I have 2 chars one AD & one EP, both lvl 50 and cp 495. play afternoons and Tuesday evenings if anyone is interested.
    @bartdude48
    "No *** lady! does it sound like I'm ordering pizza?"