Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Cross Faction Trials] ZOS, I Personally Thank You For Ruining END GAME Competition

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cross faction grouping needs to stay.
    I can understand leaderboard and stuff as complaints but why think that the company shouldn't do it?

Trials only drop higher stuff if it's done in this new update....I think it's good but just that grouping and trials needed to remove faction locks. Actually all of PvE needs to other than overcrowding concerns
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Latter
    Latter
    ✭✭✭
    EgoRush wrote: »
    I don't think it's an issue that all the elitist best will group up into a super group of 12 that dominate. That's already the case without cross faction anyway :wink:

Sorry to call you out here buddy, but that's complete bullsh*t :p
    * vMoL Hardmode completed
    * vMoL Nodeath completed
    * #1 v16 vSO clear

Check out my builds on Tamriel Foundry!
    Magicka Templar DD - http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/latters-magplar-dd-for-vet-dungeons-trials/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx8bZlCBgvxLRL9iHBFRceg
  • xAPxZeez
    xAPxZeez
    ✭✭
    I think it will destroy more guilds and cause more bad blood and hard feelings between guild mates than any change in a long time. I'm all for the idea of mixing trials but I'm against the leaderboards of them.

If this is such a big deal why not give cross faction trial groups their own weekly changing leaderboard and require 1 member of each faction to be in the trial team for your run to count. You can even name it something over the top like "Weekly World Leader Boards" or "Insert Amazing Name Here".

If they wanted to involve the community they could have a contest giving 5000 crowns to the person who comes up with the best name for the new leaderboard name.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guilds are cross-faction too. I honestly don't see the harm in it. It's not like good players from all the alliances don't already band together on one alliance. I mean I've seen it happen on NA a lot since launch. This basically just takes away the necessity of having to reroll alliance if you want to play with people you wouldn't otherwise be able to group with.
    You could find various lore-based excuses for why this is perfectly fine as well. And honestly, I don't think the vast majority cares that much about the leaderboards as you think they do. The people that are very competitive when it comes to leaderboards will just have an even bigger incentive to try harder. It's not as if being able to have a trial group consisting of DC, EP and AD players ruins competition, it will still be there, just in a different form. Less faction vs. faction and more group/guild based.
    Personally I don't see anything wrong with it and I actually think being able to group / talk to players of the other alliances would help dispell some of the horrible resentment players tend to have for opposite factions due to mob mentality.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • kenjitamura
    kenjitamura
    ✭✭
    Coming from Rift which has been cross-faction for a long time and where the vast vast majority of players agree that implementing opposing factions in the first place was a moronically detrimental thing to do: I support this.

Keep this change on track please ZOS.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've read the entire thread, and I still haven't seen the OP or their supporters explain what would be wrong with 4 leaderboards: AD, DC, EP, and Cross-Faction.

To me, that seems like the ideal solution. ZoS could even code it so that the Cross-Faction leaderboard was courtesy only and didn't give rewards.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have sort of changed my opinion on this after thinking about it a lot. It's going to be a messy change I think until it settles in.

We'll see
    #MOREORBS
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Latter wrote: »
    I don't think it's an issue that all the elitist best will group up into a super group of 12 that dominate. That's already the case without cross faction anyway :wink:

Oh yeah? Lemme just leave this link here: http://esoleaderboards.com/

See you next patch, Baby Face ;) total domination will come once we get world first clear of all the vMOL achievements. I'll even throw in a bonus and out DPS your magicka Templar with mine (if my team every lets me DD over heal :'( )
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
  • pretzl
    pretzl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll even throw in a bonus and out DPS your magicka Templar with mine
    That's not exactly difficult considering Latter can't pull any good parses on his chars :wink:
    CP | Chronically Capped
    Characters | pretzL (Stamblade) , Brannbil (Stamplar) , Spicy pretzL (mDK) , Campingbil (MagSorc) , Saltkringla (Magplar) , Disco Dan (sDK) , Darth Salty (Mag NB) , Plebsorc (Stamsorc), pretzLeroni (Magplar), Mahoogler (pvp mDK)
    Guilds | HODOR & Who Pulled
    Kindling Power Magicka DK Build
    twitch.tv/pretzlcsgo
  • Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for it. I have friends on different alliances so this could be fun. Ar
    Reading between the lines, it seems to me that the "endgame pve guilds" just want to keep the leaderboard positions to themselves.

Well said. Sounds like some are nervous about losing their spot on a team.
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    how did ZOS let this thread get re-opened. It's toxic.. The OP has remained incredibly professional despite attacks on him. Still very one-sided though.

The change is already happening and does not need reverting. All individual scores are maintained regardless of guild.
    No people won't gravitate into a super 12 group where it's US vs EU.. Honestly no one cares that much, if you do you got bigger problems than this leaderboard thing. People rather play with their friends than strangers.
  • Polysemy
    Polysemy
    ✭✭✭

See you next patch, Baby Face ;) total domination will come once we get world first clear of all the vMOL achievements. I'll even throw in a bonus and out DPS your magicka Templar with mine (if my team every lets me DD over heal :'( )

Must be nice having 12+ active skilled raiders, not alot of guilds can say they have that..................
    Edited by Polysemy on March 4, 2016 4:19PM
    Grade A ***
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Polysemy wrote: »

Must be nice having 12+ active skilled raiders, not alot of guilds can say they have that..................

With the new trial coming out a lot of people are returning to the game, so hopefully this will help with grouping in future. You guys have been giving the PTS a go though right?

Fortunately, Hodor just formed a second team, so we'll likely have 24 active people running the new trial soon :D I can't wait to have inter-guild competition too. Team B are going down!
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just had a "Light Bulb" moment! What if they allow cross faction leaderboards, but the same as when your doing dungeons. I think it shows everyone being Aldemeri Dominion?
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I just had a "Light Bulb" moment! What if they allow cross faction leaderboards, but the same as when your doing dungeons. I think it shows everyone being Aldemeri Dominion?

Showing everyone as AD is a bug they are addressing for when it goes live, I believe. So it should show the appropriate faction.

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry I didn't realize that's what they are doing :/
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way i see it, let them cross faction group all they want. Let these groups of good players (elitists for some) kick ass and profit.
    If you're mad about that, then get gud, find and make friends, group up and learn, then kick ass together.
    If you see a guild advertising take advantage and join, rank up, and run with them.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Polysemy
    Polysemy
    ✭✭✭
    The way i see it, let them cross faction group all they want. Let these groups of good players (elitists for some) kick ass and profit.
    If you're mad about that, then get gud, find and make friends, group up and learn, then kick ass together.
    If you see a guild advertising take advantage and join, rank up, and run with them.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246627/all-factions-pc-na-crown-store-heroes-hardcore-progressive-pve-guild

We have high standards for our core if thats what intereted parties are looking for
    Edited by Polysemy on March 5, 2016 2:47AM
    Grade A ***
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Iyas wrote: »
    Care to explain the problem? I dont see it.

No troll or so
    Destroying lore
    Destroying the competitiveness across factions
    Encouraging elitist behavior
    Removing the competition between all current top guilds.

All for what, so those who don't currently compete can play with each other and get scores, which honestly is a small partial and many don't even know each other cross alliances, so what's the point? The only people who know each other are the guilds I listed in the OP which are mostly against it.

I don't mind cross faction trials, just remove the scoring from it.

Im am totally lost. So people are saying that guilds will nit pic the top players right. I believe they already do that. And as for making a different charater in a new faction to play with a different guild to compete i deffinitly know they already do that.

So my question is how does this effect the leaderboards exactly. Like seriously explain it to me as if i were a dog. Will it just be the same 12 players through all the scoreboards? Like really I read everyones posts and it just sound like they want thier alliance represented on the top of the leaderboard. And yea for the lore part that makes no sense trials are hosted as undaunted events and undaunted are not faction specific. Im VERY CONFUSED about this thread. Almost all the people on the leaderboards currently (no tg update yet) are deffinitly elitest. I talk to them. And would this just allow the ones who are left out but good enough to group together and actually have a chance at making leaderboards?

Please elaborate to this *** in detail without factions pride statement and personall feelings just lay it out flat for me.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Iyas wrote: »
    Care to explain the problem? I dont see it.

No troll or so
    Destroying lore
    Destroying the competitiveness across factions
    Encouraging elitist behavior
    Removing the competition between all current top guilds.

All for what, so those who don't currently compete can play with each other and get scores, which honestly is a small partial and many don't even know each other cross alliances, so what's the point? The only people who know each other are the guilds I listed in the OP which are mostly against it.

I don't mind cross faction trials, just remove the scoring from it.

Im am totally lost. So people are saying that guilds will nit pic the top players right. I believe they already do that. And as for making a different charater in a new faction to play with a different guild to compete i deffinitly know they already do that.

So my question is how does this effect the leaderboards exactly. Like seriously explain it to me as if i were a dog. Will it just be the same 12 players through all the scoreboards? Like really I read everyones posts and it just sound like they want thier alliance represented on the top of the leaderboard. And yea for the lore part that makes no sense trials are hosted as undaunted events and undaunted are not faction specific. Im VERY CONFUSED about this thread. Almost all the people on the leaderboards currently (no tg update yet) are deffinitly elitest. I talk to them. And would this just allow the ones who are left out but good enough to group together and actually have a chance at making leaderboards?

Please elaborate to this *** in detail without factions pride statement and personall feelings just lay it out flat for me.

@AtraisMachina

I think the problem is: there are currently groups that consist only of players from one faction, this group of players are using the best of what they have to work with, meaning there are players not up to par but are necessary for the completion of the group. Some of these have managed to gain a holding on the leader boards.

These people are afraid that new cross faction groups unhindered from the restrictions of a player pool consisting solely of one faction will have such competitive edge the former restricted groups will no longer be competitive or even manage to place on the leaderboards.

Oh boo hoo sounds like old elitism is being over thrown by new elitism
    Edited by Waffennacht on March 21, 2016 12:07AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds