The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

[Cross Faction Trials] ZOS, I Personally Thank You For Ruining END GAME Competition

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't get the point i've readed all the comments but if cross faction trial leaderboards is coming the only thing that i see is that the top pve guilds ( that have anyway an elitist attitude) will compete for the same leaderboards making basically impossible for anyone else to reach the top positions (anyway the rewards will go to the top 100 so who cares?)
    Or the leaderboards are already cross faction ?
    In both cases i cant understand why is a problem, why it will increment the elitism, why it affects the lore???

Or the real issue is that members of your own guild will go with the top members of another faction guild erasing all the World records?
    Alright, you want to talk about weeklies.

What if we all came together and dominated the leaderboards stopping players unable to get them ever get on the leaderboards.
    Don't forget that time I put all 8 of my toons on the VDSA weekly and made 3million gold.
    Now just imagine 100 other people doing that with all of their cross faction toons.
    Edited by Nifty2g on March 1, 2016 11:22AM
    #MOREORBS
  • BEZDNA
    BEZDNA
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Competition is eliminated, because there is nobody to compete with. Boards will be dominated by one group, other guilds will suffer losses or even diffuse all together.

Competition is eliminated because there is nothing to compete for. The only real competition now is who will first finish new trial, hard mode and speed run. As soon as all these 3 things will be cleared - competition will be gone for 1 more year until new trial or some sort of arena will be implemented. Whole leaderboard system is very poor developed and cross faction trials change has nothing to do with that.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS please keep an eye on this thread and take this feedback accordingly I really do hope you guys see we're trying to fix the game up to remove things like this for a potential break out.
    Not only that but many guilds right now feel like they got slapped in the face for all the feedback they've been putting in.
    #MOREORBS
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    I still don't get the point i've readed all the comments but if cross faction trial leaderboards is coming the only thing that i see is that the top pve guilds ( that have anyway an elitist attitude) will compete for the same leaderboards making basically impossible for anyone else to reach the top positions (anyway the rewards will go to the top 100 so who cares?)
    In both cases i cant understand why is a problem, why it will increment the elitism, why it affects the lore???

Or the real issue is that members of your own guild will go with the top members of another faction guild erasing all the World records?

What if we all came together and dominated the leaderboards stopping players unable to get them ever get on the leaderboards.
    Don't forget that time I put all 8 of my toons on the VDSA weekly and made 3million gold.
    Now just imagine 100 other people doing that with all of their cross faction toons.

There will be only more competition between those players, i will enjoy it if id care about it, is direct competiton basically PVP without fighting.
    In any case the 90% of the game population will never get into a leaderboard, if you see the pvp pov we have already a TOP players leaderboard that is shared between the factions where only the "creme de la creme" can enter but we have even the faction restricted leaderboards that gives you the rewards.
    The only difference is that AP farmers are not the best players around, maybe in the pve leaderboars it will be different who knows??
    Signature

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There will be only more competition between those players, i will enjoy it if id care about it, is direct competiton basically PVP without fighting.
    In any case the 90% of the game population will never get into a leaderboard, if you see the pvp pov we have already a TOP players leaderboard that is shared between the factions where only the "creme de la creme" can enter but we have even the faction restricted leaderboards that gives you the rewards.
    The only difference is that AP farmers are not the best players around, maybe in the pve leaderboars it will be different who knows??
    We're all calling it how we see it, right now the guilds I posted in the OP are the guilds who are dominating the scores - now, we all agree this will ruin it.
    So once we all decide to leave and move on if this change makes it, what will happen then? Trials will slowly fade out and PvE will slow down? There are a lot of games coming out, I just want ZOS to make the right choice.

Not only that but weekly rewards, just wait until you see us getting all the loot so easily with our characters and then watching the rest of the community get nothing. You'll see the impact this will have.
    #MOREORBS
  • Holy-Dope
    Holy-Dope
    ✭✭✭
    Every guild wants to be on the top Leader-board position, but it's the players who make it happen. And every guild has some elite players, who even though don't say it, they know and feel that they are above the rest and are not able to progress or get better scores at these competition as being held back by people who are lesser... and when you open this road, where they can group with other players, do you think they will prefer to raid with their guild or in a hidden small group of elite players...

I've already heard many of these elite players saying that if given chance they will switch to play with a certain guild or they want to re-roll a new chr in another faction to play with xyz guild and we've witnessed this before where people left to form a new guild and member poaching from their previous guild happened (now i don't want to name & shame any here) but this is a reality in ESO.

With the cross faction Scoring possible, I won't waste my time running with mediocre people trying to finish sometime meant for elite players and running with them.

*There was a meeting y'day of "Council of raiders with ZOS" about the new trial only. Not sure if it happened or what came out from the meeting. Will update...
    DC- Holy DOPE, Altmer Nightblade
    (And many those who did not make it to the end R.I.P.)

• Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you don't want to compete between each other (or with other pug groups that thanks to this change will become more powerful) and you are menacing zos that you will leave if they don't do as you please?

Really mature GZ!
    Signature

• Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you don't want to compete between each other (or with other pug groups that thanks to this change will become more powerful) and you are menacing zos that you will leave if they don't do as you please?

Really mature GZ!

Or i still don't get your point... you know i'm not a top player
    Edited by Tonnopesce on March 1, 2016 11:37AM
    Signature

• PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, just roll with it.
    Pedin i phith in aníron, a nin ú-cheniathog

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy-Dope wrote: »
    Every guild wants to be on the top Leader-board position, but it's the players who make it happen. And every guild has some elite players, who even though don't say it, they know and feel that they are above the rest and are not able to progress or get better scores at these competition as being held back by people who are lesser... and when you open this road, where they can group with other players, do you think they will prefer to raid with their guild or in a hidden small group of elite players...

I've already heard many of these elite players saying that if given chance they will switch to play with a certain guild or they want to re-roll a new chr in another faction to play with xyz guild and we've witnessed this before where people left to form a new guild and member poaching from their previous guild happened (now i don't want to name & shame any here) but this is a reality in ESO.

With the cross faction Scoring possible, I won't waste my time running with mediocre people trying to finish sometime meant for elite players and running with them.

*There was a meeting y'day of "Council of raiders with ZOS" about the new trial only. Not sure if it happened or what came out from the meeting. Will update...
    Discussed a few topics of bugs, main point of the meeting was all of the people opposing this idea.
    #MOREORBS
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or give -5% damage bonus to a group that has deserters :p
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭

Then you are best players and totally deserve it. What's the problem?
    Can you already start to describe it or you have came here just to inform other players about how much free time you have to spend on this game?
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK this is more clear i somehow get it but again if it is a cross faction leaderboard just for the psicological reward of be the TOP ,with a faction locked leaderboards aside that gives all the reward and stuff, it will be good imho
    Signature

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElSlayer wrote: »

Can you already start to describe it or you have came here just to inform other players about how much free time you have to spend on this game?
    So you start to realise how your argument is, and that we're actually trying to keep the game in order and resort to personal attacks.
    I should be doing homework smh
    #MOREORBS
  • Holy-Dope
    Holy-Dope
    ✭✭✭

OK this is more clear i somehow get it but again if it is a cross faction leaderboard just for the psicological reward of be the TOP ,with a faction locked leaderboards aside that gives all the reward and stuff, it will be good imho

that is what you got right...and anyway if people do go ahead and do the cross faction trial instead of their guild and end up beating it, it aint gonna be no secret and I'm not sure how guilds should react on such behavior as all of them oppose the very idea of CFT.

• Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in both NA top guilds right now, so hearing that from the top players posting in this thread, it means something.
    What does it mean exactly?

Any competition leads to elitism by its own nature. Competition is all about e-peen measurement.
    And you know what's the best thing to show off your e-peen? - Leaderboards!

I don't see how this feature will "destroy" leaderboards, but if it would be destroyed - THEN there would be LESS elitism.

Ok, now away from elitism.

This is MMO game.
    There are cross-faction guilds.
    There are people from different alliances who made friendship there and want to play together.
    They would like to do Trials together AND to get scored, but don't want to spend time on leveling chars from same faction.

ZOS has made it possible.
    ZOS has made a really usefull feature that help people to overcome their problems.
    Friends have LESS restrictions when playing together and have access to FULL experience including ranking in leaderboards.
    That feature was probably hard to implement in first place as there were barriers in software architecture (that "Aldmeri Dominion" thing points to that).

ZOS did an actually complex work that helped people (unlike you).
    What the hell wrong with you people?

1. Go to MMO forum
    2. Pick random remark
    3. Call it elitism
    4. ???
    5. Win argument

Why is it that we, as hardcore raiders can't just have our own little part of this game. Why do carebears always have to come around and bash everything that has to with competition and actually putting some decent effort in this game? So tell me, why can't the top-end players have the leaderboards designed like they like it? Because on the end they will be the only ones using them anyway.

There is nothing "wrong with us people", we want our part of the game too, and it is just a small part of it, so how about letting other people have their opinions and parts of the game they enjoy? One might ask, what is wrong with YOU!
  • DerpyShadowz
    DerpyShadowz
    ✭✭✭✭

Took the words out of my mouth.
    Lurking in the shadows.
  • Fluffy_Fr0zR
    Fluffy_Fr0zR
    ✭✭✭
    I cant help but chuckle about the things stated by majority here.
    I fail to see how exactly it is ZoS fault of "destroying" your guilds.
    To me it doesnt look like you have that much of a proper, solid and healthy guild environment and atmosphere in your PvE guilds in the first place, if you fear elitist behaviour and disloyalty before this even goes life.
    Its a natural thing that you surround yourself with the best, if you want to achieve best. You kinda sound like the guy sin school who were not getting picked into groupworks.
    Im waiting for the next person here to add that there shouldnt be dps-meters in the game either, for elitist reasons.
    Summed up, i fail to see ZoS fault in this, the arguments you are stating are literally only showing a *** community.
    Personally I appreciate the change, its just adding a possiblity to play with friends outside your own alliance. Exploiting that into disloyalty and elitism is kinda your own choice boys.
    Anyways, who expects logic from pure PvE heroes :>
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that is what you got right...and anyway if people do go ahead and do the cross faction trial instead of their guild and end up beating it, it aint gonna be no secret and I'm not sure how guilds should react on such behavior as all of them oppose the very idea of CFT.

They should have opposed the multi guild system in first place you know is the main plague of this game.
    But if a player want to compete alone a trial without his guild ( not in another ) why not?
    Signature

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    I'm in both NA top guilds right now, so hearing that from the top players posting in this thread, it means something.
    What does it mean exactly?

Any competition leads to elitism by its own nature. Competition is all about e-peen measurement.
    And you know what's the best thing to show off your e-peen? - Leaderboards!

I don't see how this feature will "destroy" leaderboards, but if it would be destroyed - THEN there would be LESS elitism.

Ok, now away from elitism.

This is MMO game.
    There are cross-faction guilds.
    There are people from different alliances who made friendship there and want to play together.
    They would like to do Trials together AND to get scored, but don't want to spend time on leveling chars from same faction.

ZOS has made it possible.
    ZOS has made a really usefull feature that help people to overcome their problems.
    Friends have LESS restrictions when playing together and have access to FULL experience including ranking in leaderboards.
    That feature was probably hard to implement in first place as there were barriers in software architecture (that "Aldmeri Dominion" thing points to that).

ZOS did an actually complex work that helped people (unlike you).
    What the hell wrong with you people?

1. Go to MMO forum
    2. Pick random remark
    3. Call it elitism
    4. ???
    5. Win argument

Why is it that we, as hardcore raiders can't just have our own little part of this game. Why do carebears always have to come around and bash everything that has to with competition and actually putting some decent effort in this game? So tell me, why can't the top-end players have the leaderboards designed like they like it? Because on the end they will be the only ones using them anyway.

There is nothing "wrong with us people", we want our part of the game too, and it is just a small part of it, so how about letting other people have their opinions and parts of the game they enjoy? One might ask, what is wrong with YOU!

This, exactly.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reading between the lines, it seems to me that the "endgame pve guilds" just want to keep the leaderboard positions to themselves.
    Halcyon Black
  • Holy-Dope
    Holy-Dope
    ✭✭✭
    I cant help but chuckle about the things stated by majority here.
    I fail to see how exactly it is ZoS fault of "destroying" your guilds.
    To me it doesnt look like you have that much of a proper, solid and healthy guild environment and atmosphere in your PvE guilds in the first place, if you fear elitist behaviour and disloyalty before this even goes life.
    Its a natural thing that you surround yourself with the best, if you want to achieve best. You kinda sound like the guy sin school who were not getting picked into groupworks.
    Im waiting for the next person here to add that there shouldnt be dps-meters in the game either, for elitist reasons.
    Summed up, i fail to see ZoS fault in this, the arguments you are stating are literally only showing a *** community.
    Personally I appreciate the change, its just adding a possiblity to play with friends outside your own alliance. Exploiting that into disloyalty and elitism is kinda your own choice boys.
    Anyways, who expects logic from pure PvE heroes :>

Did you even read the OP or so many other threads or just came here to rant. No one is against the idea of CFT but it being in the leader-board. And it's not that pond is messy but some fishes will be....

• DerpyShadowz
    DerpyShadowz
    ✭✭✭✭

Because, creating a group of 12 cross factions to dominate the board, completely destroys the alliance theme of ESO.

I dont play to try to beat a "Group of players". I play to beat a guild name that solely belongs to one alliance, to beat an opposite colour. Thats where the competition is, remove that and you bury any form of guild competition that is the only thing keeping end game alive.

Edited by DerpyShadowz on March 1, 2016 11:53AM
    Lurking in the shadows.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading between the lines, it seems to me that the "endgame pve guilds" just want to keep the leaderboard positions to themselves.
    With these guilds

The Order of Mundus
    Crown Store Heroes
    Learn 2 Play
    Almost Heroes
    Baby Face Bananas
    Kung Fu Bananas
    Beyond Infinity
    Hodor
    Sigma Draconis
    Blut & Schweiss

that is 120 people on the leaderboards which only allow 100 people now, so there will be a bit of competition between us.

I don't think theres a problem with people holding leaderboard spots, hasn't been for the past 2 years either.

Now imagine those 120 people have 2+ alt accounts, lets give everyone 3 accounts cause thats the normal, suddenly that 120 is now 360 names. Which causes more problems as thats a whole lot of people who can't get on.

So this is going to turn into a farm session for the first lets say 4+ months until we all get our gear, now where does that leave people outside of the "top raiding guilds".

#MOREORBS
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure you're understanding that this will mean the hardcore endgame pve guilds actually could keep the entire leaderboard positions to themselves. Not just a few slots...I mean the entire thing. What makes you think that guilds aren't going to just turn around and farm the entire leaderboards? Right now we have it as a collection of guilds competing with each other for top scores; which doesn't affect most of you who don't bother to compete in endgame pve, because if it did affect you, you'd be competing anyways.

But for a cross-faction leaderboard, even the smaller guilds who fight it out for the lower spots will easily be knocked off and dissolved. So, no, it's not just about the top guilds, it's about how it's all going to collide when and if it goes live.

Look at the bigger picture.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Holy-Dope
    Holy-Dope
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure you're understanding that this will mean the hardcore endgame pve guilds actually could keep the entire leaderboard positions to themselves. Not just a few slots...I mean the entire thing. What makes you think that guilds aren't going to just turn around and farm the entire leaderboards? Right now we have it as a collection of guilds competing with each other for top scores; which doesn't affect most of you who don't bother to compete in endgame pve, because if it did affect you, you'd be competing anyways.

But for a cross-faction leaderboard, even the smaller guilds who fight it out for the lower spots will easily be knocked off and dissolved. So, no, it's not just about the top guilds, it's about how it's all going to collide when and if it goes live.

Look at the bigger picture.

^^
    So, i'm confused here now. are we discussing CFT with people from different faction and guilds competing together or End game PVE guilds competing at all...
    Edited by Holy-Dope on March 1, 2016 12:01PM

• Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm...
    Edited by Darlon on March 1, 2016 12:47PM
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that is 120 people on the leaderboards which only allow 100 people now, so there will be a bit of competition between us.

Isn't this being changed to the old leaderboards again ? where a lot more people will be able to get on there ?

• Hamrb
    Hamrb
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, I'm the GM of a PvE guild. We are na pc, and we are AD and EP. What's the problem with us all being able to trial together? Why would this suddenly make all other trials groups stop?

If you guys want to talk about why trials are unpopular, well think about the v12-14 items that have been rewarded. In the opinion of a guy who asked many a player to run trials, this is the biggest reason people say no.

Since the IC the only good reason to trial, was for competition and leaderboards
    Edited by Hamrb on March 1, 2016 1:09PM
    Founder of Sheogorath's Mortals NA PC

Exiled Lannister EP Sorc dps
    Hamrb EP Temp healer or dps
    l mufasa l EP Stamblade
    Fat Tyrion EP DK dps
    Mia Stone AD DK tank or dps
    Finn the Altmer AD Nightmage
    Launch Pad McQuack DC DK DPS
    Sterk Stonecrusher EP Stamplar
    -Wabba Jack DC Stam Sorc
    Sheo's Sweeper DC Magicka Temp