The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you be willing to rollback to 1.5?

Cody
Cody
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
An utterly pointless question, but over the past few days I have been wondering if people would be willing to play 1.5 again. So, despite how pointless this is, would you be willing to roll back to 1.5 or even a time before it? (this is for PvErs too, not just PvPers)
Edited by Cody on February 29, 2016 3:17AM

Would you be willing to rollback to 1.5? 197 votes

yes
60%
MorbashPoxheartJoy_DivisionXexpoMisterBigglesworthKelletonArobainOlernpjwb16_ESOlolo_01b16_ESOPhilhypeRhakonMawhonic1990EtanielBelethornTurelusIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOthemdogesbiteThe_SpAwNrendolpheb16_ESO 119 votes
no
39%
wayfarerxjoshisanonymousadarkartistdjnapstyb14_ESOTelelIxtyrchmeyer87b16_ESOZakorTaonnorTankqullTannakaobikwisatzMuizerSeptimus_Magnadennissomb16_ESOskillastatanitajoneb17_ESOjamesharv2005ub17_ESOKenaPKKkkampaseb17_ESO 78 votes
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    Nostalgia has a lot to answer for. Everyone just ran around with soft-capped hp, primary resourse and damage type, and nBs sucked *snore*
    PC | EU
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    Any day :) This would mean:
    - Blinding flashes <3
    - dynamic ultimate generation
    - more flexibility with buffs
    - skills that scaled of max hp are usefull
    - deaths would matter for trial leaderboardes (will also come back with the thieves guild :) )
    - master weapons would be obtainable in pvp
    - you would be able to buy max level sets with ap
    - you would be able to get max level set items from trials (will come with tg)
    - you could make money by doing endgame content, either selling gear drops or ap
    - all cost reduction tooltips would show their actual effect and not just wrong numbers
    - using a synergy wouldn't require you to stand in the exact center of an aoe
    - uncapped dragon fire scales
    - siphoning attacks would work with aoe dots
    - Negate would be a usefull ultimate
    - eclipse could be cast on multiple targets
    - dawnbreaker would have a cast time, so you could block cancel the animation to impress people when waiting for the group to get ready
    - ... (I can't remember every change they did in that update)

But since there also were bad things in 1.5 I'd prefer a mixture where you "simply" add the good things from 1.5 to the current game.
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no
    Yes and no. There were obvious non-op parts that should be brought back, but there were also op parts of 1.5 that I think we'll all agree should stay in the past.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Nostalgia has a lot to answer for. Everyone just ran around with soft-capped hp, primary resourse and damage type, and nBs sucked *snore*

All of this is false. I don't know of a single, good, non-templar, who stacked health like that. Everyone I know or ran with at the time ran as little health as they could and still survive since stamina and magika management was much more difficult than just healing damage. Also, magika NB was GREAT during 1.5, are you drunk or something?

I'd like to see a rollback to 1.5, but add in some balancing changes (improve stamina to be on par with magika, slightly nerf DK). Honestly, the skill cap in 1.5 was MUCH higher than it is now and there's no way that can be considered a bad thing, even with all the issues in game at the time. Remember when you could play a stam class with 5 ravager 5 eyes of mara and it worked? Or a magika build with whitestrake or arena and it was still viable? Remember when syrabane was a thing?
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 29, 2016 4:34AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

All of this is false. I don't know of a single, good, non-templar, who stacked health like that. Everyone I know or ran with at the time ran as little health as they could and still survive since stamina and magika management was much more difficult than just healing damage. Also, magika NB was GREAT during 1.5, are you drunk or something?

I'd like to see a rollback to 1.5, but add in some balancing changes (improve stamina to be on par with magika, slightly nerf DK). Honestly, the skill cap in 1.5 was MUCH higher than it is now and there's no way that can be considered a bad thing, even with all the issues in game at the time. Remember when you could play a stam class with 5 ravager 5 eyes of mara and it worked? Or a magika build with whitestrake or arena and it was still viable? Remember when syrabane was a thing?

not all NBs were mana blades. Stamblades were pretty bad in comparison.

this comment (the part I bolded) represents what I think is an issue many people have. they say that "manablades were great!" which they were. A sap tank could literally be invincible in a huge group of people with proper sap essence use.

However, what many failed to realize both at that time and now, is that not everyone played/plays a mana build. Mana blades were great, but stamblades? stamblades were garbage. No good source of healing, (vigor was not around yet, and rally did not appear until 3/4s of the way thru) no sustainability outside of siphoning attacks, which decreased damage quite a bit, and there were no stam morphs of anything. A stamblade had to either spam Uppercut, which was interruptble and almost unusable in PvP, rapid strikes, which sucked, and still sucks. Hidden/flying blade, which did not do much good against the common use of reflective scales and the fact that a destro staff and even a bow would out DPS it, or spam snipe, which was and still is interruptable, and would not work against a crushing shock user.

i am not saying stamina builds could not be played, but mana builds were much better. Hybrid builds were better as well. Oh how I miss being able to competitively use a hybrid build...

Edited by Cody on February 29, 2016 4:53AM
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no

A large majority stacked health up to softcap from my memory, I even saw a few builds where the majority of the useful things all had hit softcap.

Magicka NB was only good as a Sap tank, and half decent as a skirt and stick wielder (other classes did skirt and stick better). Stam NBs, and stam builds in general were completely trash.

• Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    As an "if all else fails" thing? Yeah. But we haven't tried all else yet.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no

Nobody stacked health, it just softcapped when you ate food lol. None of it was false, I was generalising from opinion. I had soft capped hp, magicka and spell damage, just like every other magicka build.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on February 29, 2016 5:01AM
    PC | EU
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    Actually I was wrong about stacking health, I had forgotten that back then the meta was stack 62 attributes into hp. It still allowed for soft-capped magicka though. Seriously 1.5 was softcap all the things to be like everyone else.

mvzO02n.jpg
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on February 29, 2016 6:55AM
    PC | EU
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes

With certain abilities fixed, for sure.
    I'd be willing to rollback to anything at this point
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no
    1.4 please
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    1.4 please

Wasn't 1.4 the double resto meta? I loved that ;)
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on February 29, 2016 9:39AM
    PC | EU
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    I wish we were given two new servers, one in EU, one in NA, with 1.5.

Maybe give one v16 character fully leveled (except for Alliance War) per account.

v12 warlock ring drop rates restored to such a level that they would be possible to get again for 10k gold. v12 Akaviri Dragonguard sword drop rates restored too.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    When with every patch iteration and "balance update", more and more people would rather be playing a previous version of your game, all I can do is look at ZOS and say
    You_re_Doing-it-wrong_.jpg

I mean, Templars actually had a house back then...

Eventually it'll be too late and instead of looking back and reminiscing about previous versions of ESO, people will just look forward and move to CU because this game will have been 'balanced' into the toilet.
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Even though it's mostly rose tainted nostalgia towards 1.5 id still love to have that back, i had much more fun and could play solo on all classes and really enjoy it, then again i played DK lol.

VZaEtn0.jpg

And theese kinds of deth recaps was happening several times a day.

k9v4Ie7.jpg

I miss that patch, i'd prefer 1.4 over 1.5 though, nom nom ground oils!
    Edited by themdogesbite on February 29, 2016 10:06AM
    :]
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    Yes, Yes I would. Game was the most balanced it had ever been. Only thing needed was tweaks and improvements to stam builds and the eventual introduction of vigor.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    Let me level a DK or melee mana NB real quick then i´ll vote with yes. :s

Edit: Oh wait no i still wouldn´t bc i like ranged builds and those did not have a purpose back then.
    Edited by Derra on February 29, 2016 11:56AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think a roll back is needed, put soft caps back in the game, I think would make a big difference in the right direction.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on February 29, 2016 11:56AM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no
    1.4 please

Pre-lighting patch and ground-oil like Doggie mentioned ^^
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes

NB didn't suck, you just sucked.

rip decibel
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes
    At this point I'd take any patch, including 1.6. The current PvP is just unbearable. :neutral:
    Edited by Wollust on February 29, 2016 12:04PM
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    1.4 please

Pre-lighting patch and ground-oil like Doggie mentioned ^^

Pre lightning would 1.2.1 ish ^^
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    Draxys wrote: »

I never played a nb, but I probably sucked anyway. I knew of some decent magicka nbs but in general nbs sucked from what I remember. Not trying to insult nbs, they don't suck now lol.
    PC | EU
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    As with others voted yes cause I'd be willing to roll back but I'd prefer to go back to previous lighting patch 1.2
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My answer doesn't matter since I'm already transitioning to another game, but anything would be better than the mess we've had since IC.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    Even I am willing to pay 30 bucks per month for 1.5 server.
    Because I can!
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes

I never played a nb, but I probably sucked anyway. I knew of some decent magicka nbs but in general nbs sucked from what I remember. Not trying to insult nbs, they don't suck now lol.

Magicka NBs were incredibly strong in 1.5, it was just that almost noobody knew how to play it. The skilled ones dominated and fear was also the only CC through block at the time and let's not foget that they were capable of over 100% dmg mitigation against magica based skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzjfAPMLghU

Great example :P
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    Cody wrote: »

not all NBs were mana blades. Stamblades were pretty bad in comparison.

And I'll stop you right there, not just stamblades, ALL stam classes were crap, out of all of them nightblade was the probably the strongest
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes

Magicka NBs were incredibly strong in 1.5, it was just that almost noobody knew how to play it. The skilled ones dominated and fear was also the only CC through block at the time and let's not foget that they were capable of over 100% dmg mitigation against magica based skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzjfAPMLghU

Great example :P

#Represent
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    YES! My snb/2handler stamplar wants it!!!!
    qJLazbS.jpg
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]