Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Idea to fix OP sorcs: Damage shield does not protect against physical attacks

• beamy93
    beamy93
    ✭✭✭
    spoqster wrote: »
    Hi all, just wanted to throw out another idea to fix the ubiquitous sorc problem in PvP.

(For those who don't know: Due to their damage shields and mobility sorcs can take and avoid a lot of damage while being able to dish out quite hard. As a result it happens often that even groups of 10 decent players can't kill a good sorc.)

Idea: Change the functionality of damage shields so that they don't shield against physical attacks, but only against magicka based attacks. That solution would not change the balance of the magicka builds, but would make sorcs weaker to stamina based builds.

Please, no hate! I haven't thought this all the way through yet, I just wanted to throw it out and get some thoughts on the matter.

ps. I am not whining or trying to make stam builds OP. The problem is real, and I'm just looking for ways to create a more balanced pvp gameplay, in which a single person can't stand up against 10 others by himself.

EDIT: I can only say this again. This is not a QQ post that I wrote because I got beat up 10 minutes ago. I've seen this happen in PvP again and again and again over the stretch of many months, at least ever since the CS was released.

QQ like this is ruining this game.
  • beamy93
    beamy93
    ✭✭✭
    spoqster wrote: »
    Hi all, just wanted to throw out another idea to fix the ubiquitous sorc problem in PvP.

(For those who don't know: Due to their damage shields and mobility sorcs can take and avoid a lot of damage while being able to dish out quite hard. As a result it happens often that even groups of 10 decent players can't kill a good sorc.)

Idea: Change the functionality of damage shields so that they don't shield against physical attacks, but only against magicka based attacks. That solution would not change the balance of the magicka builds, but would make sorcs weaker to stamina based builds.

Please, no hate! I haven't thought this all the way through yet, I just wanted to throw it out and get some thoughts on the matter.

ps. I am not whining or trying to make stam builds OP. The problem is real, and I'm just looking for ways to create a more balanced pvp gameplay, in which a single person can't stand up against 10 others by himself.

EDIT: I can only say this again. This is not a QQ post that I wrote because I got beat up 10 minutes ago. I've seen this happen in PvP again and again and again over the stretch of many months, at least ever since the CS was released.

Go 1v10 competent players as a sorc, then come back and give us your insight.
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add a magicka drain to a tree for all classes.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only change i think they need is. Over load costs 250 ultimate and lasts 6 seconds. Not infinity
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike the OP's suggestion. As a caster build, I can lay so much heat on a sorc that they can (usually) barely keep up their shields, let alone go on the offensive. Right now pretty much the only thing keeping melee/stam builds from completely destroying shield-stacking sorcs is daedric mines, not the shield itself. It only takes one or two good hits from a melee build to take that shield to nothing, even without shieldbreaker. Making ward the same as annulment would be pointless; there would be no reason to run both (and arguably, no reason to run ward at all if physical attacks ignored it). This suggestion would drastically undermine the core of a magicka sorc's defense; not in favor of balance, rather, it would make sorcs too squishy. Perhaps the only issue I see with sorc shields is the crit immunity, but that's a topic for a different thread.
  • Lafer
    Lafer
    ✭✭
    Shield have already been nerfed just stun the sorc and kill it already.If you cannot kill it maybe you need to concider changing ur build.
    Healordiet templar healer
    Gigi Lafer magicka Sorc
    Tankotank Dk tank
    Ebonpact cp531 Na Ps4.

Quebec Machine leader.
  • brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of using champion points. One could allow some percentage of damage to ignore all shields. Another could do an extra percentage of damage to all shields. Players may have to take points away from something else, potentially gimping their build, but that is their choice.
    PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
  • Wild_squirtle
    Wild_squirtle
    ✭✭✭
    Op salt.