Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Why is the Bow Skill-Line for PvE completely useless? (Single Target)

• Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Bow needs stronger dot component. That fix won't help. And the duritaion is a bit short, unless this buff not only stacks, but refreshes on each hit.

This buff will be great if you are properly weaving with heavy/medium/light attacks. It is not designed to make bow much stronger in pvp although it will improve open play just not opening burst. It is designed for PVE and sustained boss fights, and it should provide a solid boost to Bow dps although maybe not quite put it on top.

LearnThis wrote: »
    k9888znc54h4.jpg

I am happy for this change, but as a few have said before, the bow should not be as strong as melee. It is just like they have talked about with magicka damage intentionally being less than stamina. Up close and personal damage has higher risk so it makes sense for it to hit harder. I look forward to hearing from people after testing this on PTS.

This would be more realistic and understandable if this game did not have unlimited gap closing compared to pathetic gap creating. Currently opening with a bow is a dice roll hoping you can burst them before Crit Rush/Ambush + WB/Surprise Attack destroy's you. There is little to no advantage from range in this game as opposed to other games where you can actually kite with gap creator's. That's without even considering that gap creating any real distance in ESO just means you are giving your opponent a stronger hit from crit rush.

Imho with a Shieldbreaker + Molag Kena setup the new Hawkeye could be not bad at all in PvP.
    If "Your successful Light and Heavy Attacks" instead means that it doesn't proc on Damage Shields, then it would be a problem.

About gap closers, kiting and range: according to me the problem is not that gap closers can be spammed but that they have an excessive range compared to ranged skills. Having just 5+1 skills per bar, it's impossible to have a CD on them.
    Magnum Shot/Draining Shot should be what to be used in those situations but as reported here, it doesn't properly work.
    Fixing it, it would be already a step forward.
    Edited by Helluin on February 20, 2016 4:52PM
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its also important to add that this isn't going to make you movie legolas kiting and melee killing 1900 orbs with a bow.

This does however reward you for strategic use of light and heavy attacks, which you should be doing as a bow build anyway.

The pvp is now open from stealth with a heavy canceled snipe then prepare for the gap closer. I mean you know as soon as you pick them they are turning and toppling invasion or crit charge so build around it.

This is where under used things like traps and volcanic rune are clutch. Drop caltraps then another ground effect. Wait for the charge and heavy cancel lethal arrow.

They hit you with charge going through Dantes 3rd circle of hell. If volcanic rune they popcorn and you have enough time to get another heavy ,canceled snipe. At this time mothasucka should be dead.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change is a big nerf to pvp bows.

Right now you open with a sneak snipe that stuns your target and then you get the big damage bonus on that target until he breaks the stun.

With the new system you have to use low damage light attacks to build up dps. So the overall damage potential of bows in pvp is reduced a lot.

Also you should never fix stuff via light attacks as people with low pings cannot animation cancel at all in this game so moving stuff to light attacks put us at even greater disadvantage than we already have.

Umm, yeah I have to disagree with you.

My ping is on average 280 - 380, which is far from ideal but pretty standard for aussies. I have zero trouble animation cancelling, I can weave a snipe, heavy attack and poison arrow to all be hitting within a blink of an eye 95% of the time. My WB almost always lands with a Heavy Attack and surprise attack attached, ping doesn't stop animation cancelling once you've learnt the animation ques for your setup.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not have a skill in bow that has a grappling hook effect,obviously only for players/npcs. Climbing a keep wall would be sick though
    Options