The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

GG ZOS - PANDAS ... PANDAS...

• Cadelay
    Cadelay
    ✭✭✭
    That's a joke right? Because that looks nothing like a panda. One of the worst re-skins I've ever seen if it's true.
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    Not a panda, it's a different type of bear. (I forget the name)
  • Cadelay
    Cadelay
    ✭✭✭

Spray-painted brown bear?
    Edited by Cadelay on February 11, 2016 11:59PM
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    so much animosity towards a cosmetic item.....
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • Cadelay
    Cadelay
    ✭✭✭

Spectacled bear. ;)

Except for, the image doesn't have the body coloring of a spectacled bear at all, and has the exact coloring of a panda bear:
    jk22l7P.png

Maybe because people are tired of awful reskins instead of zos actually putting work into a unique mount.
    Edited by Cadelay on February 11, 2016 11:49PM
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cadelay wrote: »

Spectacled bear. ;)

Except for, the image doesn't have the body coloring of a spectacled bear at all, and has the exact coloring of a panda bear:
    jk22l7P.png

Maybe because people are tired of awful reskins instead of zos actually putting work into a unique mount.

It's still a cosmetic item, if you dont want it or like it, don't buy it...

If you're going to be angry over cosmetic items, be angry at things like the Dovahkiin skin, that is clearly a skyrim fanboy pandering cash grab...
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see where you are going with this. As one who hates everything to do with WoW...I still cannot get on your bandwagon. This is clearly a Honey Badger....and everyone knows that a Honey Badger is a BAD MO FO.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Cadelay
    Cadelay
    ✭✭✭

If you're going to be angry over cosmetic items, be angry at things like the Dovahkiin skin, that is clearly a skyrim fanboy pandering cash grab...

Even if I don't buy it, the fact that it exists and other people will buy it means that I will have to see other people running around on spray-painted bears, which is an eyesore and breaks immersion.

The colors are completely inverted and a 99% match to the panda picture I linked. The legs, the stripe down from the shoulder, the eyes and the ears completely match a panda and have very little resemblance to a spectacled bear.
    Edited by Cadelay on February 11, 2016 11:59PM
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭

Even if I don't buy it, the fact that it exists and other people will buy it means that I will have to see other people running around on spray-painted bears, which is an eyesore and breaks immersion.

The colors are completely inverted and a 99% match to the panda picture I linked. The legs, the stripe down from the shoulder, the eyes and the ears completely match a panda and have very little resemblance to a spectacled bear.

Breaking immersion, you have a point, however, I could say the fact they're riding bears AT ALL breaks immersion anyways. If someone else buys it and uses it, it's because they saw it and loved it and so they paid for it. Their immersion is no more important than yours or mine. Live and let live.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In case you dont know what a bad mo fo Honey Badger is...
    2n7fhjs.jpg

Might even be a Wolverine
    33pgfhd.jpg

Ya ya the colors aren't exactly the same but its a heck of a lot closer to either one of these than a panda hah

Edited by Valen_Byte on February 12, 2016 12:14AM
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it's like a sort of crossbreed. But then again, this is Tamriel, who knows what kinds of bears they breed...

And @Valen_Byte, you don't mess with badgers in general, as they are all vexed by default, honey or no.Angry Badger Puts Swedish Hotel in Lockdown After Scaring Guests. Nope, wouldn't want to ride one of these:
    Badger.jpg
    They look harmless enough, though, until they engage angry furball mode...
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers MUSHROOM MUSHROOM
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's far less immersion breaking than people riding the nightmare or the frost horse...

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Draxys
      Draxys
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers MUSHROOM MUSHROOM

wow, haven't seen that since middle school lol

rip decibel
    • Enodoc
      Enodoc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You missed out 4 badgers.
      UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
      Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    • Tyrion87
      Tyrion87
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Personally I would see (little) pandas more as the pets than as the mounts.
      2c3b9fa238c44ab57f393514c6420e3a.jpg

But then I'm afraid the banks in Tamriel would look like that:
      panda-babies.jpg
      Edited by Tyrion87 on February 12, 2016 10:43AM
    • Faasnu
      Faasnu
      ✭✭✭
      Oh my again everybody whining about immersion breaking, I'm sorry but this is an MMO and did you really expect it to be 100% suitable for your immersion? When I want immersion I go back to Skyrim or Morrowind. When I'm in ESO I'm riding my frost mare and enjoying my time with friends who are orcs in dresses/will be riding panda bears. As long as they are not riding pink unicorns, what's the problem really? How can you expect everybody in an MMO to act perfectly serious all the time in order not to break your immersion? This is like so silly, you're playing with people so expect them to act like people, not like NPCs!
      Other than that, what was it a while ago with akaviri motif not being samurai-like enough? There was so much whining about the lack of katanas! Why so many wanted the lovely katana but nobody wants a panda bear? Make up your mind will you, either we are bringing our world's things into TES world or we're trying not to do so.
      It's irrelevant but I want neither katanas nor panda bears. I don't care at all if others will use it/buy it, though. Let everybody use whatever they enjoy in ESO.
      Sorry for the rant but I'm just so annoyed with this forum, I'm going to take a break for some time.
    • Turelus
      Turelus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Faasnu wrote: »
      Oh my again everybody whining about immersion breaking, I'm sorry but this is an MMO and did you really expect it to be 100% suitable for your immersion? When I want immersion I go back to Skyrim or Morrowind. When I'm in ESO I'm riding my frost mare and enjoying my time with friends who are orcs in dresses/will be riding panda bears. As long as they are not riding pink unicorns, what's the problem really? How can you expect everybody in an MMO to act perfectly serious all the time in order not to break your immersion? This is like so silly, you're playing with people so expect them to act like people, not like NPCs!
      Other than that, what was it a while ago with akaviri motif not being samurai-like enough? There was so much whining about the lack of katanas! Why so many wanted the lovely katana but nobody wants a panda bear? Make up your mind will you, either we are bringing our world's things into TES world or we're trying not to do so.
      It's irrelevant but I want neither katanas nor panda bears. I don't care at all if others will use it/buy it, though. Let everybody use whatever they enjoy in ESO.
      Sorry for the rant but I'm just so annoyed with this forum, I'm going to take a break for some time.

This. I still don't understand the immersion argument because it doesn't make sense in an online game where things (other players) are out of your control.

Stop using immersion as a blanket way of saying "I don't personally like this and don't feel it should be in the game" simply state that fact. Additionally the argument "it breaks lore" doesn't cut it either, because ZOS are legally allowed to write that lore, sorry to say folk but from the moment ESO became a thing the TES lore changed to incorporate everything it does.

ZOS have gone a long way to showing they care about the lore immersion of players in this game, however they're also running an online game which needs to make money to stay alive. To do that they need to make sales in the crown store and they need to sell things people want.

/endrant
      @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
      "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    • Enodoc
      Enodoc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's not a panda. It's also not a spectacled bear. It's an as-yet-unseen Tamrielic bear variant, from a region we have never visited, and there's nothing wrong with it.

There would also technically not be anything wrong with a pink unicorn; unicorns are rare, and we know next to nothing about them, so depending on the ecological conditions in the region it evolved in, it may have evolved with pink fur.
      UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
      Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    • Acrolas
      Acrolas
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's the basic bear with a spectacled bear pattern.

Can't call it a spectacled bear because nobody in Tamriel wears glasses.
      Can't be a purely spectacled bear because they're only about five feet long.

Pandas are still in a league of their own, as scientists can't decide if they're closer to bears or raccoons.
      But the spectacled bear is directly related to the extinct Florida cave bear, so both the cave bear and the masked bear could be repping the genus Tremarctos.

Some people are going to see panda until the end of days, but I prefer the more obscure and genetically valid reference.
      signing off
    • Abeille
      Abeille
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The only thing that vaguely looks like a Panda about that is the black and white pattern, and even that is different. Pandas have white bellies, that bear have black bellies. Pandas' black sleeves don't go all the way up to their ears, the back of their necks being white, unlike that bear's. A panda's chin is white, that bear's chin is black. A panda's chest is black, that bear's chest is white. And from this angle, it also looks like that bear's behind is black, while a panda's behind is white.

And these differences are for the pattern alone, since nothing else about this bear looks like a panda (the shape of the head is completely different, body proportions too, shape of paws, etc.).

Do I think ZOS went for a panda with this one? Sorta. I think the intention was indeed to make something that vaguely resembled a panda.

Do I care? Not at all. If it was shaped as a panda, maybe I would have bigger problems with this, since I think pandas look cute and cuddly instead of fast and fierce, and using one as a mount would look weird and kinda cruel for me.

Either way, obligatory We Bear Bears.

Bears_Logo.jpg?1439493495
      Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
      Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
      Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
      Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
      Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
      Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
      Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
      Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
      Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
      Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
      Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    • Acrolas
      Acrolas
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I wish the snow bear were like Ice Bear and it would whisper the solution to the various puzzles and maps you find.

Maybe it could even step on the other group plates for you. Ironically, an Ice Bear would make Craglorn playable again. Because who even needs biomes?
      signing off
    • Paazhahdrimaak
      Paazhahdrimaak
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      What's more sad, the person complaining about this, or that I enjoy reading the stupid argument.
    • Wow
      Wow
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      it's there now :p
      I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
    • AnoVando
      AnoVando
      ✭✭
      Concerning the frost mare and nightmare courser breaking immersion/lore, that's bs. Conjugation has been a longstanding part of the Elder Scrolls lore and we've always been able to summon all sorts of Daedra. I would say these mounts fit in quite well with ESO.
    • argouru
      argouru
      ✭✭✭
      This is the first special mount I've been able to easily pass on. It just looks kind of ugly to me and is a bad pallet-swapped bear.
    • Abeille
      Abeille
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      AnoVando wrote: »
      Concerning the frost mare and nightmare courser breaking immersion/lore, that's bs. Conjugation has been a longstanding part of the Elder Scrolls lore and we've always been able to summon all sorts of Daedra. I would say these mounts fit in quite well with ESO.

They are possible within the TES universe, but it would be nice to get a little of lore to go with it other than their descriptions.
      A book mentioning their existence, for example. Or even better, seeing them "out in the wild" in Daedric Planes.

For example, the Frost Mare:
      "Its exact origin is unknown, but the Mages Guild believes it may originally have come from Takubar, the plane of origin of Cold Flame Atronachs."
      There are Cold Flame Atronachs in Coldharbor too, so it wouldn't be absurd to see some Frost Mares prancing around when we go there.

I really like what they did with the Dire Wolves. They added the Dire Wolves to the wild and added a book on taming them to the game, along with the mount. They didn't just add the mounts and said "whatever, if you guys wanna play Stark, go crazy".
      Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
      Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
      Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
      Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
      Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
      Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
      Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
      Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
      Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
      Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
      Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      AnoVando wrote: »

Illusion magic is also an option. I kind of like the idea that they're regular horses with an illusion added. That would also explain why the riders don't get burned or frozen.
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"