The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stealth + Proximity Detonation needs attention (screenshot proof)

• OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yo. You got hit by a 9.7K prox det, and came to the forum asking for nerfs.

200_s.gif

Edited by OdinForge on January 26, 2016 2:53PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Dkill
    Dkill
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Dkill wrote: »
    From one of the many *** nightblades that roam the sewers, I'd like to draw some attention to the nearly 10k Proximity Detonation ON A SINGLE TARGET.

THIS IS ON A SINGLE TARGET.

This kind of burst is absolutely ridiculous. Please stop this madness.

EDIT: I was also buffed with Quick Cloak. Prox Det would have been ~12k if I wasn't buffed...

https://dropbox.com/s/00kxh6lxkcu2chf/Untitled.png?dl=0

Stop asking for Nerf and ask for a server fix, everytime Zos do increment or maintenance to try to nerf your request the server gets worst and they brake a different thing. SO STOP ASKING FOR NERF

This skill is completely busted. Being obliterated from stealth before you have time to react is not quality gameplay. It's garbage design. Stop defending this trash.

There is no "server fix" for stupid.

Just so you know there was no need to call me stupid, and i wont do the same to you good sir. But it seems you dont understand that the problem is not Proximity Detonation, the reason you dying instantly is because

1- You are not doing anything to mitigated the damage
    2- The lag is too strong once again ( ask ZOS to fix the server )
    3- You just dont see the red warning of the proxis around you
    Finally you just a bad player it was only 9K and you only lost 10 TV come on mate stop crying

Simple as that .....
    Cheers Have a great day
    Edited by Dkill on January 26, 2016 3:04PM
    BLUE IS THE ONLY WAY OF LIFE
    Illiana VR16 Red Guard Night Blade DC
    Kinkanon VR16 Breton Sorc DC
    Buquenke VR16 Imperial Templar DC
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P and stop posting your tears on the forums.

It's already being looked at because of baddies like you.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Proxi was designed as a Zergbuster and now it is used as Single Target dmg skill, gg.

Even if they halve it´s current dmg it will be used as a singletarget ability because it´s precasted dmg...

It´s simply crappy designed and should never gotten it´s casttime removed.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP what is your spell resistance?

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP you would have gotten ganked even if that NB didn't have proxi.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Proxi was designed as a Zergbuster and now it is used as Single Target dmg skill, gg.

Even if they halve it´s current dmg it will be used as a singletarget ability because it´s precasted dmg...

It'll be used as single target damage cause melee magicka builds lack burst without it.

If it gets nerfed then they need to buff all the magicka melee abilities significantly, ie Whip, Sweeps, Concealed.

Nerfing Prox will gimp melee mag builds incredibly.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From one of the many *** nightblades that roam the sewers, I'd like to draw some attention to the nearly 10k Proximity Detonation ON A SINGLE TARGET.

THIS IS ON A SINGLE TARGET.

This kind of burst is absolutely ridiculous. Please stop this madness.

EDIT: I was also buffed with Quick Cloak. Prox Det would have been ~12k if I wasn't buffed...

https://dropbox.com/s/00kxh6lxkcu2chf/Untitled.png?dl=0

Stop asking for Nerf and ask for a server fix, everytime Zos do increment or maintenance to try to nerf your request the server gets worst and they brake a different thing. SO STOP ASKING FOR NERF

This skill is completely busted. Being obliterated from stealth before you have time to react is not quality gameplay. It's garbage design. Stop defending this trash.

There is no "server fix" for stupid.

Just so you know there was no need to call me stupid, and i wont do the same to you good sir. But it seems you dont understand that the problem is not Proximity Detonation, the reason you dying instantly is because

1- You are not doing anything to mitigated the damage
    2- The lag is too strong once again ( ask ZOS to fix the server )
    3- You just dont see the red warning of the proxis around you
    Finally you just a bad player

Simple as that .....
    Cheers Have a great day

I was not calling you stupid at all, I was referring to the design of the ability. It's stupid.

1- You're right, I was running from one room to another in IC, but I was fully buffed and wearing Quick Cloak and Shuffle.
    2- There was no lag, this was in IC.
    3- In IC, any good NB will cast Proxy in a hallway and then cloak. The red circle does not travel with them. It's impossible to see this coming.

Finally, I'm actually a pretty decent player and perform pretty well in 1v1 and small 1vX. Getting obliterated from stealth with no warning does not make me a bad player. It makes stealth gameplay overly advantageous and garbage design.
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

agreed
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    So explain to me why magicka classes shouldn't have access to hard-hitting skills like stam classes do? Hrmm?

I wish stamina had a skill i can toss on and forget about for free dps while i cast other skills

Evil hunter?
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Possibly, but I would have been able to put up an actual fight without Prox Det. I roll with 27k health and I'm no scrub.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Possibly, but I would have been able to put up an actual fight without Prox Det. I roll with 27k health and I'm no scrub.

What is your spell resistance?

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • Dkill
    Dkill
    ✭✭✭
    pjwb16_ESO wrote: »

agreed

I think is just fine the way it is and i play Stamina NB must of the time so i dont use Proxi det. I do have high Spell resistance over 23K and that helps a lot.

BLUE IS THE ONLY WAY OF LIFE
    Illiana VR16 Red Guard Night Blade DC
    Kinkanon VR16 Breton Sorc DC
    Buquenke VR16 Imperial Templar DC
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Looks like the server is down for maintenance so I can't check actual, but I'm pretty sure my resist is in the neighborhood of ~17k with 10% hard magic reduction from CP.

I'd also like to point out that I was buffed with Quick Cloak for an additional 20% mitigation. : /
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proper gear, shields, and the general situation awareness required to do well in PvP negates the risk of getting wrecked by proxy. Red circle = bad, should be avoided. Does not need a nerf.
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So explain to me why magicka classes shouldn't have access to hard-hitting skills like stam classes do? Hrmm?

I wish stamina had a skill i can toss on and forget about for free dps while i cast other skills

"Free" DPS? You do know that it costs magicka to cast it yeah? ;)

Just because it's delayed hit and you can time it with other skill doesn't mean it's free.
    It even has a freakin red circle around it so you know exactly what the radius is. Not the same thing can be said about Wrecking Blow which is notoriously vague with its hitbox, especially when clipped with a heavy attack.

Not to mention WB cc can be so buggy. Oh wait - Proxi doesn't even have a CC.

Or should I mention those bow heavies?

It's funny though - stamina classes wanting moar damage. :D

Just spin2win, man, just spin2win. Now you have the axe bleed on top of the execute too :trollface:
    If you have magicka problems you are doing something wrong.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »

"Free" DPS? You do know that it costs magicka to cast it yeah? ;)

Just because it's delayed hit and you can time it with other skill doesn't mean it's free.
    It even has a freakin red circle around it so you know exactly what the radius is. Not the same thing can be said about Wrecking Blow which is notoriously vague with its hitbox, especially when clipped with a heavy attack.

Not to mention WB cc can be so buggy. Oh wait - Proxi doesn't even have a CC.

Or should I mention those bow heavies?

It's funny though - stamina classes wanting moar damage. :D

Just spin2win, man, just spin2win. Now you have the axe bleed on top of the execute too :trollface:
    If you have magicka problems you are doing something wrong.

Wut? o.O How on Earth you came to that conclusion from what I wrote is beyond me.
    But if what you're hinting at is that mag is on par with stam damage wise in PvP then I think you need to change your skooma dealer. :p
    And pls don't list overall tooltips - look at the whole picture - much easier to get spellresist, CP system mitigation, harness magicka etc.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the server is down for maintenance so I can't check actual, but I'm pretty sure my resist is in the neighborhood of ~17k with 10% hard magic reduction from CP.

I'd also like to point out that I was buffed with Quick Cloak for an additional 20% mitigation. : /

Even with 17k SR & 30% reduction a decent pen + crit setup is going to hit that hard or harder unfortunately. Especially if you have 0 or next to no critical resistance.

Personally I hate proxy det because I don't think it served the original purpose the devs intended. For that reason I think it should be removed from the game or drastically changed but I doubt that will happen. Mag NBs usually rely on it for burst and for some reason ZOS still thinks it helps against stacking.

I've been hit for 12k+ pretty frequently if I'm caught unaware or the enemy times fear well, but running 15k spell resistance with only 10% crit reduction is my choice in a sense.

Looking at your death recap I can see why you're focused on the proxy det as it is the highest number, but in all reality that isn't what got you killed in that encounter. It helped, but as you said you run 27k health and comparing it to the soul harvest on the recap I'd say you need to up your crit resist some more to see a definite difference.

If you can survive the initial burst you will most likely win in the end from my experiences. If you want a decent comparison chart for impen @Crown has an awesome one located here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ktbYDsiyI7W6v5k2JFSHJPSUw5p0RRaIW_-K3MBIbr8

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ks888 wrote: »
    Proper gear, shields, and the general situation awareness required to do well in PvP negates the risk of getting wrecked by proxy. Red circle = bad, should be avoided. Does not need a nerf.

I'm full v16 legendary and had Quick Cloak, Shuffle, and Rally up. Nightblades have specific advantages with timing the burst in this skill. They cast it out of sight (aka in the hallway) and the red circle does not display during cloak. You have no idea what you're talking about.
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kr3do wrote: »
    Its a massive red circle arround the enemy? Why dont you just block?

You serious? This happened in IC, and it was a skilled nightblade who specializes in 1-second kills. If you PvP at all, you know that the red circle appears when the ability is cast but does NOT move with the nightblade after he uses Cloak. So a NB with half a brain will cast it in the hallway, cloak, and run into your room and burst you for 3 times your health pool. Don't act like this is acceptable, because it's not.

And a player with half a brain would blook when the Nightblade casts the proxi and goes into stealth ;)
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was your gear broken at the time?
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9.7 k every (it was crit, btw) 8 seconds. Lol.
    Lol.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm full v16 legendary and had Quick Cloak, Shuffle, and Rally up. Nightblades have specific advantages with timing the burst in this skill. They cast it out of sight (aka in the hallway) and the red circle does not display during cloak. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Kk bruh, to each their own, but myself and my buddies haven't had any issues with it and we grind in there pretty regularly. The last proxy det that kicked my arse in the sewers was an emp det, which as a VR 1 at the time, I couldn't do a heck of alot about anyways lol.
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You serious? This happened in IC, and it was a skilled nightblade who specializes in 1-second kills. If you PvP at all, you know that the red circle appears when the ability is cast but does NOT move with the nightblade after he uses Cloak. So a NB with half a brain will cast it in the hallway, cloak, and run into your room and burst you for 3 times your health pool. Don't act like this is acceptable, because it's not.

And a player with half a brain would blook when the Nightblade casts the proxi and goes into stealth ;)

I didn't see him cast it bro, this was a total surprise attack. It doesn't matter what portion of a full brain you have. There is no real counter to Lotus Fan > CW > FEAR > Soul Harvest > Proxy > CW.

I didn't even finish the break-free from the fear before I was dead.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    9.7 k every (it was crit, btw) 8 seconds. Lol.
    Lol.

It's not used for sustained DPS, it's used for burst. You trolling bro?
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wouldn't have been a lot higher than 9k if that was the case?
    :trollin:
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Kk bruh, to each their own, but myself and my buddies haven't had any issues with it and we grind in there pretty regularly. The last proxy det that kicked my arse in the sewers was an emp det, which as a VR 1 at the time, I couldn't do a heck of alot about anyways lol.
    Seems like just another excuse to complain about cloak.
    :trollin:
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Haha, no, but it might as well have been. This particular NB is DC and homed to PC Azura, so you probably know who it is.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That was not a 1 second kill. Look at what you took from damage, there are at least three casts with repositioning time between them. Unless you stood still and let him kill you (in which case it's your own fault), there were at best 3.5 seconds and at worst 4.5 seconds of fighting. Based on your death recap, this is what thappened:

1. Nightblade cast proxy and then immediately stealthed.
    2. Nightblade cast Lotus Fan, and you for hit for 1,601 damage - it may have been more and this number is simply one of the DoT ticks.
    3. Nightblade cast Concealed weapon, and you got hit for 5,703 damage
    4. Nightblade cast Soul Harvest and you got hit for 5,054 damage
    5. Nightblade's Proxy went off after the soul harvest, so it got a 20 % buff to damage and you got hit for 9,708 damage. If this hadn't happened after the ultimate, it would have been 7,766 damage. It's important to note that THE NIGHTBLADE USED HIS ULTIMATE, and it only did 5054 damage, that then buffed the next skill for an extra 2k damage. If this had been a DK leap doing well above 10k damage with an empowered buff that has a cc, you probably wouldn't have complained because that's an ult.
    6. Nightblade cast Concealed weapon, which was also buffed for 20% extra damage from the ultimate, and you got hit for 6,842 damage.

In summary, there were two casts prior to damage starting (proxy and lotus fan), then three cast over what was probably about three and a half seconds for you to die.

Based on the charts I've made of my own proxy detonation damage caused and received, and the impen/resistant numbers, I guesstimate that the person who hit you is running a 60%+ crit build (Julianos / Mage Light / NB Bonus), probably used a pot to bring tha tup to 80% ish, and your crit-mitigation level is rather low (likely 10-15%).

A 3.5 second kill on a target from a magicka Nightblade is very reasonable. Much longer than any stamina build sitting in stealth with a camo hunter -> heavy attack - > snipe which can each proc for more than the proxy, and kill you in 2.2 seconds (average for a good bow kill from stealth). It's also longer than any stamina build sitting in stealth with a camo hunter -> wrecking blow -> wrecking blow -> executioner, which is a 2.4 second kill if done well.

Magicka NBs will open with Lotus Fan or Concealed weapon. If lotus fan, as soon as you see the animation for soul harvest (which they will do to get 20% increased damage on proxy) you have to block for about 1.5 seconds, so just block cast your next spell. If they open with concealed weapon for the stun, then you need to break free and roll through them. It will take them 3/4 of a second to reposition, and by then you should have initiated your own counter damage routine. Magicka NBs are squishy, and if you can get a cc off, then most will retreat and try again later.

ZOS have already stated that the detonation skills will have reduced damage to single targets, and *possibly* increased damage to more targets, so your wish will be granted.

If this is indeed a serious thread about the amount of damage taken from one hit, then I expect to see you raging about "nerf snipe", "nerf heavy attacks", "nerf wrecking blow", and a few others very soon..
    Edited by Crown on January 26, 2016 4:33PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just dont get it, nightblades can sneak around, insta-pop you without you having a chance to even swap weapons or coward away if it doesnt work. But 9.7k from magicka detonation is so bad? Like us sorcs get much to work with, especially when we are so brittle and have to rely on shields to keep up survivability every 15-20 seconds or less. I use it because everyone else is trying to burst DPS, nothing else couples better with curse and quite frankly lots of abilities for us really arent that effective damage wise.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP