Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stealth + Proximity Detonation needs attention (screenshot proof)

Solariken
Solariken
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
From one of the many *** nightblades that roam the sewers, I'd like to draw some attention to the nearly 10k Proximity Detonation ON A SINGLE TARGET.

THIS IS ON A SINGLE TARGET.

This kind of burst is absolutely ridiculous. Please stop this madness.

EDIT: I was also buffed with Quick Cloak. Prox Det would have been ~12k if I wasn't buffed...

https://dropbox.com/s/00kxh6lxkcu2chf/Untitled.png?dl=0
Edited by Solariken on January 26, 2016 9:10PM
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every high level player seems to be running prox det and kicking all the lowbies ass (like me). It hits me for 10k+ also. This is the first time i have seen someone call for it to be nerfed though. I was wondering why I had heard news that it would be nerfed in an upcoming patch. Any more details on this up coming nerf? Where is the evidence of this and why is all the high levels saying this? I don't want it nerfed, i don't even really want it so hard to get. I just wanna unlock it so i can be one of the high levels kicking the lowbies ass.

btw where is the screenshot? I don't see any screenshot.
    Edited by aLi3nZ on January 26, 2016 6:51AM
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I recommend using impen gear and spending some cp on crit resist and hardy. I haven't been hit for more than 5-6k with proxy for a while, using impen medium armour and ~60 cp in hardy.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So y'all need to nerf yo kids, nerf yo wife, and nerf yo husband cause they nerfin'everybody out here

Please no moah nerfs. We need fixes no nerfs.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Proxi was designed as a Zergbuster and now it is used as Single Target dmg skill, gg.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So explain to me why magicka classes shouldn't have access to hard-hitting skills like stam classes do? Hrmm?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was designed to be a zergbuster, but its now used as a ganktool vs singletargets, its silly.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steel tornado hits like a truck as does Wrecking blow....

Now magicka have a skill that hits like a truck and we shout NERF.

Really....

Would like to see you in Cyrodiil when a group of 10 players time their Proxies and all swamp you......
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    So explain to me why magicka classes shouldn't have access to hard-hitting skills like stam classes do? Hrmm?

I wish stamina had a skill i can toss on and forget about for free dps while i cast other skills
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish stamina had a skill i can toss on and forget about for free dps while i cast other skills

"Free" DPS? You do know that it costs magicka to cast it yeah? ;)

Just because it's delayed hit and you can time it with other skill doesn't mean it's free.
    It even has a freakin red circle around it so you know exactly what the radius is. Not the same thing can be said about Wrecking Blow which is notoriously vague with its hitbox, especially when clipped with a heavy attack.

Not to mention WB cc can be so buggy. Oh wait - Proxi doesn't even have a CC.

Or should I mention those bow heavies?

It's funny though - stamina classes wanting moar damage. :D

Just spin2win, man, just spin2win. Now you have the axe bleed on top of the execute too :trollface:
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't need a nerf. My dark flare hits for more. My proxy atm hits for close to 9k. Why?? Because I maximise spell power and magicka pool so I can do more damage.

Ambush, wrecking blow, steel tornado. Take your pic at stam skills they all can do more than proxy det IF you maximise stamina and weapon damage. Probably only time I'll say. "L2p" ;)
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proxy is an awful skill and has been from its inception.

It needs a damage scaling on it. More targets hit = bigger blast. Fewer = smaller.
    Edited by Frawr on January 26, 2016 11:33AM
  • solynar
    solynar
    All you have to do is time when it will go off. Block, fear, heal. Do something to interupt their burst. Then turn around and kill them.
    PS4 NA
    V16 Stamina NB AD
    V16 Healbot Templar AD
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Frawr wrote: »
    Proxy is an awful skill and has been from its inception.

It needs a damage scaling on it. More targets hit = bigger blast. Fewer = smaller.

I read somewhere from a dev that they are looking at making it like that. Less people less damage or something like that. They don't want it to be a single target skill
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    solynar wrote: »
    All you have to do is time when it will go off. Block, fear, heal. Do something to interupt their burst. Then turn around and kill them.

Block, fear, heal.. yes because everybody plays NB... oh wait.. nevermind.. most actually do by now.
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately magic classes (except Sorc) rely on proxy det for comparable burst to stamina classes. We don't have a choice. It's the current crappy meta. It's still inferior to steel tornado in regards AOE.
    Don't get me wrong I'm all for changing proxy into how it was intended to function it's gonna be interesting to see how magicka classes adjust. I'm hyped for my new zerg busting career lol.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    revonine wrote: »
    Unfortunately magic classes (except Sorc) rely on proxy det for comparable burst to stamina classes. We don't have a choice. It's the current crappy meta. It's still inferior to steel tornado in regards AOE.
    Don't get me wrong I'm all for changing proxy into how it was intended to function it's gonna be interesting to see how magicka classes adjust. I'm hyped for my new zerg busting career lol.

I'm also interested to see how it goes. Tho I can always substitute it for solar barrage and still do good dps. Instant cast and 20% extra damage :p
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It should scale up in damage depending on the amount of targets it hits. 1 Target should do minimal damage.

It was designed as a zerg buster, let it be a zerg buster then.
  • solynar
    solynar
    Docmandu wrote: »
    solynar wrote: »

Block, fear, heal.. yes because everybody plays NB... oh wait.. nevermind.. most actually do by now.

Pretty sure everyone can block or self heal/shield. "Do something to interupt their burst. " pretty much covers everybody else.
    PS4 NA
    V16 Stamina NB AD
    V16 Healbot Templar AD
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nb's can cloak invigorate away. The issue with proxy is the skill I think. At least with wreck blow you have to be facing a forever dive rolling moving target proxy you could have you back to me and spam frag/ meteor/ curse. But the real players make it work I've seen spypherpk take like three to the face. I can't for the life of me but they do
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So 9.7k detonation is super op but the 6.8k concealed weapon is not??!! One is a time bomb you place on yourself in every 6 secs, the other is highly spamable ability that can be used with animation cancelling for more damage.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    f06.png

Now who do you think is the high level player with magic det?

#SpidermanThread
  • Soneca798
    Soneca798
    ✭✭
    Problem with proxy is that it's not doing what it was made to do, and judging how the last eso lives have been going, some sort of adjustment is probably coming to this skill. I don't think it should be nerfed, but when you design a skill to be an aoe zergbuster and it's almost exclusively being used as a single target burst you have a problem there.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    From one of the many *** nightblades that roam the sewers, I'd like to draw some attention to the nearly 10k Proximity Detonation ON A SINGLE TARGET.

EDIT: I was also buffed with Quick Cloak. Prox Det would have been ~12k if I wasn't buffed...

I have been hit harder than that by other spells. So any spell over 9K needs a nerf?
    :trollin:
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"Free" DPS? You do know that it costs magicka to cast it yeah? ;)

Just because it's delayed hit and you can time it with other skill doesn't mean it's free.
    It even has a freakin red circle around it so you know exactly what the radius is. Not the same thing can be said about Wrecking Blow which is notoriously vague with its hitbox, especially when clipped with a heavy attack.

Not to mention WB cc can be so buggy. Oh wait - Proxi doesn't even have a CC.

Or should I mention those bow heavies?

It's funny though - stamina classes wanting moar damage. :D

Just spin2win, man, just spin2win. Now you have the axe bleed on top of the execute too :trollface:
    You can turtle up to avoid the damage you have plenty of time. It's so obvious when you have it on you. How do people that are paying attention die from this?
    :trollin:
  • Soneca798
    Soneca798
    ✭✭
    I'd just like to point out how much I love that at a certain point of every nerf thread I've seen people just stop talking about the skill the thread was made for and start pointing fingers at other "op" abilities they're mad at.
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a massive red circle arround the enemy? Why dont you just block?
  • Dkill
    Dkill
    ✭✭✭

Stop asking for Nerf and ask for a server fix, everytime Zos do increment or maintenance to try to nerf your request the server gets worst and they brake a different thing. SO STOP ASKING FOR NERF
    BLUE IS THE ONLY WAY OF LIFE
    Illiana VR16 Red Guard Night Blade DC
    Kinkanon VR16 Breton Sorc DC
    Buquenke VR16 Imperial Templar DC
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dkill wrote: »

Stop asking for Nerf and ask for a server fix, everytime Zos do increment or maintenance to try to nerf your request the server gets worst and they brake a different thing. SO STOP ASKING FOR NERF

This skill is completely busted. Being obliterated from stealth before you have time to react is not quality gameplay. It's garbage design. Stop defending this trash.

There is no "server fix" for stupid.
  • 1Grumpy_dunmer1
    Dkill wrote: »

This skill is completely busted. Being obliterated from stealth before you have time to react is not quality gameplay. It's garbage design. Stop defending this trash.

There is no "server fix" for stupid.

Camo hunter is worse
    XxbothbarrelsxX ps4 NA
    Magicka nightblade vr16 EP
    Magicka dragonknight vr16 EP
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kr3do wrote: »
    Its a massive red circle arround the enemy? Why dont you just block?

You serious? This happened in IC, and it was a skilled nightblade who specializes in 1-second kills. If you PvP at all, you know that the red circle appears when the ability is cast but does NOT move with the nightblade after he uses Cloak. So a NB with half a brain will cast it in the hallway, cloak, and run into your room and burst you for 3 times your health pool. Don't act like this is acceptable, because it's not.
    Edited by Solariken on January 26, 2016 2:51PM