Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Costumes: Some words of advice ZOS

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand this thread. The costumes are not limited by gender. Males can wear the same skimpy clothes as the females, so the request in the OP doesn't make much sense.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand this thread. The costumes are not limited by gender. Males can wear the same skimpy clothes as the females, so the request in the OP doesn't make much sense.
    Most of these costumes look feminine and are designed for female body shape. While it is great we can wear them regardless of gender, I don't actually want to dress my male characters in a skirt or a fancy bra.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the pictures I'd assume different visuals depending on who wears it. Girls get a top, boys get a bandolier... there's a few armor styles that go the same route, different visuals depending on wearers gender after all, so the mechanic is in the game.

... that's awesome! While my post on that very thing was WAAYYYY too recent (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/240912/male-and-female-variants-of-costumes/p1) for gender specific costumes to be result of listening to the customer feedback, I'm glad to see they're going that route. :)
    Edited by Gidorick on February 9, 2016 10:07PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the pictures I'd assume different visuals depending on who wears it. Girls get a top, boys get a bandolier... there's a few armor styles that go the same route, different visuals depending on wearers gender after all, so the mechanic is in the game.

Awe,Id like my girl alt to have a bandolier!
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha, then I would like the wedding suit for me to appear as the tuxedo for women from Yves St. Laurent or the suits for women by Jean Paul Gaultierin - even it is already looking nice on me, just the pants of it are horrible.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I am pleasently satisfied with the current batch as well. Might simply be their design department is starting to get the hang of doing things the tamriel way, or whatever - but whatever the cause, its happy costuming for us here! And... this is only the redguards! Nine more races to hope for custumes to be made for! ;)

Here's hoping! And as they did both male and female versions for the "pirate" costumes I hope that ALSO becomes a trend!

How does that work @MornaBaine ? One costume... put it on and it's your genders or do you get TWO costumes?

Don't know becau7se they haven't been released yet. We just have the datamined image which clearly shows that they are pretty much the same costume but one is definitely specifically for males and the other for females.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!