Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you guys think of an Elder Scrolls TV or movie series?

Richard_Ralh
Richard_Ralh
✭✭
It might garner some people into playing the Online game as well as playing the other Elder scrolls games!

UPDATE:
There have been some great responses, but think of it this way! The Elder Scrolls lore is already there, despite whatever changes have been done to the games! All you need is the historical timeline lore, and hand that to the directors/producers to make the tv shows or movies with a contract stating that they can't change the lore! Let's face it, the lore we have now is awesome if you really read into it so nothing would really need to change about it! Plus if the creators of The Elder Scrolls were given right to say how the TV shows or movies should go, then that would be a real boost! It's not just about the games, it's about getting people more involved with The Elder Scrolls in general!

UPDATE:
Plus I'd to get some input on what the devs think about these ideas! If any of you could post a few thoughts I'd appreciate it!
Edited by Richard_Ralh on January 6, 2016 9:15PM
Richard_Ralh

Best Answers

• Malachi79
    Malachi79
    ✭✭
    It could be interesting if made well or really , really bad if made badly. We may never know

"Corporal, Whats a Corporal?" #1 AAFC quote
    *DaggerFall Covenant- NA/PC Server - level 9 Female toon *Vampire* *PVE Orientated*
    *Ebonheart pact - NA/PC - Level 3 :disappointed: Male toon *Hoping to be wolf* *PVE Orientated* *Sorcerer*

*NA PC Mega-server*
    *Aldmeri Dominion - {Sir Notsodps} *Vampire* *PVE/Trials* *DPS*
    *Daggerfall covenant - {Emma Hearth} *Vampire* *PVE orientated* *Crafter*
    *Daggerfall covenant - {Sir Notsotankalot} *PVP/PVE orientated* *Tank*
    *Edonheart Pact - {Abcaac} *PVP orientated* *Warden Tank*

*EU PC Mega-server*
    *Aldmeri Dominion - Soon!
    *Daggerfall covenant - Soon!
    *Edonheart Pact - Soon!

Options
    Answer ✓
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    depends truthfully on how they go about it. could be great but could also be terrible its almost a 50/50 chance on that o.o
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is my dream to one day make an Elder Scrolls film about the battle of Red Mountain, and the disappearance of the Dwemer.

One day.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon. (tm)
    Edited by JD2013 on January 5, 2016 10:00PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malachi79 wrote: »
    JD2013 wrote: »
    It is my dream to one day make an Elder Scrolls film about the battle of Red Mountain, and the disappearance of the Dwemer.

One day.

100 years later..........

*DaggerFall Covenant- NA/PC Server - level 9 Female toon *Vampire* *PVE Orientated*
    *Ebonheart pact - NA/PC - Level 3 :disappointed: Male toon *Hoping to be wolf* *PVE Orientated* *Sorcerer*

Well, I am currently working on my second film. Third to follow so ....

75 Years? :wink:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
    Answer ✓
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    With some good planning, good writers with a good plot and good actors and some really good props + effects.
    They could draw in a lot of people this way. Just has to be done right and will need a good budget.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With some good planning, good writers with a good plot and good actors and some really good props + effects.
    They could draw in a lot of people this way. Just has to be done right and will need a good budget.

yep, and no ripoff shit like the Hobbit was........
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Game of Thrones and Vikings have been hugely successful, I'm surprised there hasn't been a series sooner! :smiley: I'd also like a graphic novel series.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... an Elder Scrolls TV series. I wonder what that would look like. I'd imagine they would want to do a Game of Thrones kind of thing. The different "houses" could be the different racial factions of Tamriel... they can set it during the first Akaviri invasion so there's an external threat to battle.
    Edited by Gidorick on January 5, 2016 10:34PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally, I'd say no, because more often than not, movies don't do the games justice ("Hitman" comes to mind). I really wouldn't want to watch the lore I've been into since Morrowind fall apart on a big screen. I kind of think that's been happening through ESO, though, so whatever. I have heard that the events in ESO aren't canon, though I can't attest to the veracity of that.

ooh... this makes me think of a "Tales from Tamriel" (Tales from the Crypt format) kind of TV series would be PERFECT for TES!!! Each episode would begin with one of a few storytellers who are treating us to a bit of lore!!! Now I'm thinking more along the lines (and quality) of Xena Warrior Princess!! That would be awesome too!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
    Answer ✓
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    I really liked the novels, I hope they make more of them. I'm not sure about a TV series or movie though, I've probably not watched a TV show in nearing a decade now, and not very many movies either, but I think a movie would be more fitting for certain events in the timeline. From what I hear TV series have a habit of trying to drag on forever rather than cutting them off at a good time for an ending.

Not so much anymore @Robo_Hobo , we seem to be in a new "golden age" of television. There are some really fantastic shows out there. Some shows drag on a bit too long *COUGH-TheWalkingDead-COUGH*.... ahem... excuse me... but like I was saying... Some carry on too long but most seem to have a pretty cohesive story to tell, of course, they plan for like a 5 year run, so cutting off too soon can REALLY suck. See The Sara Connor Chronicles for a good example of that.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
    Answer ✓
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of TV-show. We all know Game of the Thrones isnt going to last many year more, what if ESO continues it. I think ES would take it to another level to be honest, because all of these races, also tons of magic in ES. Also I could be wrong but TV-shows cost like 50 mill, that should fit perfectly for Bethesdas budget too.
    Edited by Sausage on January 6, 2016 6:08AM
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    No thanks. Computer games turned into movies rarely turn out well.

What, In The Name Of The King: A Dungeon Siege Tale didn't do it for you? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0LE5lMh7QI
    Edited by Gidorick on January 6, 2016 6:09AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
    Answer ✓
  • tennant94
    tennant94
    ✭✭✭
    If it would be as epic as eso trailers then yessssss
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Movies are usually shot at 24FPS so ESO might be able to manage that. :D
    But if they tried to shoot it like the hobbit, they would never get 48 frames out of it during primetime showings.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    I'm all for it. As long as it's done during the right time period, like the War of the First Council.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always thought it would work best as a series. Give it to HBO :wink:
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    Always thought it would work best as a series. Give it to HBO :wink:

beter to netflix, HBO already has GoT.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see it doing better as a movie than as a tv show, especially if well-done.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Malachi79
    Malachi79
    ✭✭

One day.

*NA PC Mega-server*

*EU PC Mega-server*
    *Edonheart Pact - Soon!

Options
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It might garner some people into playing the Online game as well as playing the other Elder scrolls games!

Id prefer neither. The effort finding the right people that could grasp the idea and atmosphere of ES and then translate it to a enjoyable story on a movie would be near impossible. Let a lone a TV spot that could keep up the action and drama episode to episode.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on January 5, 2016 10:14PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I would prefer comic books or novelizations. There been to ESO novels and I enjoyed both quite a bit. He really is a shame that hasn't been more.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    A movie would be awesome! Imagine all the nude mods for that!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • Malachi79
    Malachi79
    ✭✭

One day.

80 :P

*NA PC Mega-server*

*EU PC Mega-server*
    *Edonheart Pact - Soon!

Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One day.

80 :P

Sold! :smiley:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After what I've seen w/ ESO, no thanks. I prefer videos/content done by TES fans & community members over corporations. I'm not knocking the content of ESO but rather the driving, corporate force behind it.
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love to see one..... bbbuuttt let us take a look at past video game, cartoon, and anime live action movies shall we.

Super Mario Brothers, Doom, Last Airbender, Dragon Ball Evolution, Attack on Titan, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat 2, House of the Dead, Resident Evil movie 3,4,5, Blood the last Vampire.

The list goes on and I pray and I hope you do too that the Metal Gear Solid movie doesn't bomb.
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want some guys in the audience crying hysterically because the movie changed some video game lore so it wouldn't have to bring in the Exposition Fairy every five minutes to explain what's going on.

I'm pretty sure Warcraft will have its fair share of WHY LORE WHYYYY people.
    signing off
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Honestly I would prefer comic books or novelizations. There been to ESO novels and I enjoyed both quite a bit. He really is a shame that hasn't been more.

I REALLY enjoyed The Infernal City and Lord of Souls.

More books are definitely required!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on whose playing certain roles.
    I'd watch it, if it's good but definately curious about who you'd have play as the leaders and Cadwell
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game would have to be a phenomenal hit like Warcraft before any such idea of film is proposed. ESO is incredibly lacking and suffers from a really terrible launch on top of current issues that seem to take to long to address for ZoS staff to handle.

While there is great lore here I enjoy, this would have to rival Game of Thrones to seem interesting and anything half assed like the OP wish, would torpedo the franchise future chances.

Even then I really doubt hard core fans would enjoy the battle for red mountain or the disappearance of the dwemer explained by Peter Jackson, J.J Abrams, etc

Any director could ruin the whole movie.

What Warcraft has is over a 10 million people who have played their game to some extent and know the rudimentary lore behind the story.
    Options
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if the movie was based on eso it would look like this

Funny_Pictures_real-life-lag_3375.gif

minus it would have armor on and ect
    Edited by Lightninvash on January 5, 2016 10:35PM
    Options
  • Malachi79
    Malachi79
    ✭✭

Yep, most likely :D

*NA PC Mega-server*

*EU PC Mega-server*
    *Edonheart Pact - Soon!

Options
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, most likely :D

the people would be like why is this happening to me all I want to do is move forward a little bit and now im running into a wall!!
    Options
  • Richard_Ralh
    Richard_Ralh
    ✭✭

There have been some great responses, but think of it this way! The Elder Scrolls lore is already there, despite whatever changes have been done to the games! All you need is the historical timeline lore, and hand that to the directors/producers to make the tv shows or movies with a contract stating that they can't change the lore! Let's face it, the lore we have now is awesome if you really read into it so nothing would really need to change about it! Plus if the creators of The Elder Scrolls were given right to say how the TV shows or movies should go, then that would be a real boost! It's not just about the games, it's about getting people more involved with The Elder Scrolls in general!
    Edited by Richard_Ralh on January 6, 2016 2:12AM
    Richard_Ralh
    Options
  • SevenKingdoms
    SevenKingdoms
    ✭✭
    Normally, I'd say no, because more often than not, movies don't do the games justice ("Hitman" comes to mind). I really wouldn't want to watch the lore I've been into since Morrowind fall apart on a big screen. I kind of think that's been happening through ESO, though, so whatever. I have heard that the events in ESO aren't canon, though I can't attest to the veracity of that.
    Options
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as the templar in the movie isn't spamming jabs over and over and over I might watch it..
    Options
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really liked the novels, I hope they make more of them. I'm not sure about a TV series or movie though, I've probably not watched a TV show in nearing a decade now, and not very many movies either, but I think a movie would be more fitting for certain events in the timeline. From what I hear TV series have a habit of trying to drag on forever rather than cutting them off at a good time for an ending.
    Options