The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Broken?

• Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of my PTS characters will not load and others will. Maybe a reboot ofthe PTS is in order? (or the database got corrupted a bit?)
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just tried internally, and were able to successfully log onto the PTS with a template fairly quickly (and are also seeing that there's a small population logged in currently). Are you guys receiving any specific error?

Woo! Thanks for the response. I think the problem is specifically trying to load into any area other than the starter area and PVP server.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Zohr
    Zohr
    ✭✭✭
    I am running in to issues as well. I am being stuck on "requesting character load."
    The Zohr-Father - DC Templar
    Zohritos - AD Nightblade
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried to log back in with a newly created template. No go.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    For those having issues loading in, could you let us know which alliance and race the character is (or if you're using a template), and where you're trying to load into? Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, at least the one I try most often that gets stuck:
    DC, Breton, V16 Template, Stormhaven (I think, will check and edit) [Edit: it was Stormhaven]

And the one that works:
    AD, Wood Elf, Lvl 35 Template, Auridon

Both of these templates are ones I've been running with since the last character copy; they're not "new" templates.
    Edited by Enodoc on January 7, 2016 1:00AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Varen_Aquilarios
    I tried AD V16, default area of Grahtwood, also tried level 35 template

and also tried the V16/Level 35 of Ebonheart.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, guys! We ran into the same issue, and suspect it's due to the PTS simply needing a little kick in the pants. We'll be rebooting the server tomorrow to see if that helps (note that we won't be applying any patches or updates, just rebooting).

Thanks. So when can we expect to test class balances for next dlc? It's been 9 weeks since last DLC and doesn't leave much time to work out all the bugs. Only 7 weeks till March. Will it end up being a double DLC drop next quarter?
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Zohr
    Zohr
    ✭✭✭
    We just completed the reboot - can you guys let us know if you're still having trouble logging in? Also, please make sure to disable all add-ons since the PTS is still running an older build.

Seems to be fixed for me now. Thanks!
    The Zohr-Father - DC Templar
    Zohritos - AD Nightblade
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, all fixed for me too. Thanks Gina!
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Woo! Glad to hear. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Varen_Aquilarios
    Works now!

Unfortunately nobody is there :open_mouth:
    but it works.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, guys! We ran into the same issue, and suspect it's due to the PTS simply needing a little kick in the pants. We'll be rebooting the server tomorrow to see if that helps (note that we won't be applying any patches or updates, just rebooting).

Thanks. So when can we expect to test class balances for next dlc? It's been 9 weeks since last DLC and doesn't leave much time to work out all the bugs. Only 7 weeks till March. Will it end up being a double DLC drop next quarter?

We saw with Orsinium that few people did any actual testing...So I wouldn't be surprised if the PTS was to disappear...
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    We saw with Orsinium that few people did any actual testing...So I wouldn't be surprised if the PTS was to disappear...

As long as there is DLC scheduled with API changes and addon developers supporting addons, there will be a PTS server.

...and I'm pretty sure that the Thieves Guild DLC will garner lots of attention on the PTS when it is loaded.
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ravalox wrote: »

As long as there is DLC scheduled with API changes and addon developers supporting addons, there will be a PTS server.

...and I'm pretty sure that the Thieves Guild DLC will garner lots of attention on the PTS when it is loaded.

So did Orsinium, supposedly. It still launched with an almost game-breaking bug in the very first quest... Apparently hardly anyone on PTS had _actually_ done that quest, because "they didn't wanna spoil it" - so what DID they do?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So did Orsinium, supposedly. It still launched with an almost game-breaking bug in the very first quest... Apparently hardly anyone on PTS had _actually_ done that quest, because "they didn't wanna spoil it" - so what DID they do?
    I don't remember that bug... I played the entire storyline on PTS and it worked fine.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, works now!
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

I don't remember that bug... I played the entire storyline on PTS and it worked fine.

When Orsinium launched on live there were lots of reports on the mobs that you needed to kill in the very first quest, not appearing. Apparently because there were too many players around.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When Orsinium launched on live there were lots of reports on the mobs that you needed to kill in the very first quest, not appearing. Apparently because there were too many players around.
    Ah OK. But that's a problem that can exist with any quest in the game that spawns mobs based on a quest stage. (Unearthing the Past at PC launch and Prisoner of Jathsogur at console launch being the most memorable.) I don't think PTS testing would have made any difference.
  • LyonheartCo
    Is the PTS a permanent server and always up? Even when there is not a new DLC to test?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the PTS a permanent server and always up? Even when there is not a new DLC to test?
    @LyonheartCo Pretty much, yeah. The PTS is always available unless under maintenance, but once the DLC it was testing is released, it isn't usually updated until the next patch. For example, PTS is currently running 2.2.3, whereas Live is on 2.2.10. During the testing period, there are also periodic character wipes, so it's only semi-persistent when it comes to character progress.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly. If there are too many players, the mobs die too quickly. It happened in the past when prerelease happened on PC too. I tested the questline extensively on the PTS. It is not a game breaking bug but you have to have patience.