The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Broken?

Varen_Aquilarios
I recently installed the PTS (2 days download) and started it up, I logged into my account and *attempted* to create a V16 Aldermi Dominion for testing, when I clicked "Create" I got a infinite "Requesting Character Load" screen, I've tried multiple times, different factions, different levels, still same result, it creates a level 1 (naked) on the character selection screen (after i close the client) and when I attempt to play I get the infinite character load again.

after about 20 minutes it logs me out and says a error occured, try again in a few minutes (which I did, with the same problem)

Is there anyway to fix this?

Best Answers

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the info, guys! We ran into the same issue, and suspect it's due to the PTS simply needing a little kick in the pants. We'll be rebooting the server tomorrow to see if that helps (note that we won't be applying any patches or updates, just rebooting).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We just completed the reboot - can you guys let us know if you're still having trouble logging in? Also, please make sure to disable all add-ons since the PTS is still running an older build.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 7, 2016 5:00PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • tazdevil9359
    tazdevil9359
    ✭✭✭
    I get a error ever time i try to get on actually game or pts it kicks me off within 5min of being in the game
    v16 Templar v10 Dragonknight v16 Sorc
  • Varen_Aquilarios
    Regular works fine for me, other than invisible npcs from time to time (and full black players)
  • Varen_Aquilarios
    Emailed support, they gave me a fix for live version, not pts, anybody know how to fix? :(
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get onto the PTS either...you ever find a fix?
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • lakaisl
    lakaisl
    ✭✭✭
    Same here... tried lowering the graphics and still no luck.
  • Ethona
    Ethona
    ✭✭✭
    I don't recall there being a patch to test on the pts? if there's nothing to test than ZOS probably keep the pts turned off? just guesses there.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also can't get into the pts without a lot of trouble. And then I can't get into Cyrodiil at all. Did they do more stealthy stuff?
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Varen_Aquilarios
    I wouldnt know, I just get "Requesting Character Load" when I select or make a character.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sitting trying to get into an Aldmeri Orsinium Template character now.

But I got in immediately on a basic starter character in the Coldharbor Dungeon, twice on different characters.

Unfortunately I need to skip the tutorial and there is no skip switch on PTS, unless I'm missing the prompt.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw. That sucks. I'm trying to teach some guild members how dueling works and different builds, but I guess we'll need to wait until the next pts.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update,

it was my addons. i hadn't updated them since Patch 2.2.8 so they were still all outdated.

Copied my Live folders over and no problems getting in on any type of character.

But STILL need a skip tutorial button for PTS new basic character template.

So try disabling any addons on your PTS and try again.
  • Varen_Aquilarios
    My PTS has no addons, its a fresh install
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is that Zenimax has it disabled between DLCs since there's nothing to test so it would more or less be a waste of resources to keep the server up.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Varen_Aquilarios
    Works for some people
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I couldnt travel to other Zones anymore (Grahtwood was my position) and today cant even login anymore.
    Thiefs Guild Update? :DD

...Let me hope ._.
  • BitterBanana94
    Aye it's stuck for me too, shame really I use it for testing builds before wasting thousands of in game gold on respecs...

*edit*
    I left it for some time awhile I went to sauna and came back to it finally loaded... It does work but you probably have time to watch a tv episode / make food / monkey business etc etc
    Edited by BitterBanana94 on December 25, 2015 11:35PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    My guess is that Zenimax has it disabled between DLCs since there's nothing to test so it would more or less be a waste of resources to keep the server up.
    If they had done that, the PTS would be showing as "Offline" in the launcher, which it isn't. I'm getting stuck on "Requesting Character Load" as well; I'll try disabling all add-ons and resetting my PTS saved variables to see if that works.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • victorcotrim
    Anyone managed to fix it?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. I ran a Repair, disabled all add-ons, deleted my SavedVariables and reset my UserSettings.txt, and am still stuck on "Requesting Character Load".
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is no one reading these threads? Do we have an answer yet?
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    PTS is 5 updates behind Live, so a lot of fixes on Live are not on PTS, apparently this includes a lot of the long loading screen fixes.

Also, ZOS did say on the web site main page in "A Look Back on 2015" that they would be off from 12-22 to Jan 4.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah the PTS has been broken for at least a month now and it's really frustrating. Being unable to test things sucks.

We can only hope someone notices or we get a Thieves' Guild PTS announcement tomorrow.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: I managed to get in to PTS today on my previously-created Lvl 35 template character. Still no luck on the VR16 template though.
  • Varen_Aquilarios
    I tried a different template, no workie.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Def going to be TG DLC for pts if they are starting at 4am EST
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Def going to be TG DLC for pts if they are starting at 4am EST
    I haven't heard anything about there being any PTS maintenance this week...?
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: The PTS was working perfectly when the NA server was down and now that is is back up it took a nose dive.

Can we get an admission that these things are connected from a ZOS official?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We just tried internally, and were able to successfully log onto the PTS with a template fairly quickly (and are also seeing that there's a small population logged in currently). Are you guys receiving any specific error?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just tried internally, and were able to successfully log onto the PTS with a template fairly quickly (and are also seeing that there's a small population logged in currently). Are you guys receiving any specific error?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno No errors, just stuck indefinitely on "Requesting character load", until you're kicked out to login with the standard "Inactivity" error.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I try there is no error received. It just stays on "Requesting character load" and never changes. I left it for an hour at one point on two characters and it never changed.

Also, do you plan on updating the PTS before Thieves' Guild at all? It currently has the long loading screens that a patch fixed which makes it almost unbearable even if you do get in.