The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NA PC BWB

Takllin
Takllin
✭✭✭✭✭
I've hardly ever seen it like this before, but what is with painting the entire map red and not letting AD/DC get trikeeps back when you have their scrolls?
Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • SeventhWarlock
    What would be the point of that?
    "Imperials are the natives of the civilized, cosmopolitan province of Cyrodiil. Imperials are also known for the discipline and training of their citizen armies, and their respect for the rule of law." - UESP
  • Deandril
    Deandril
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to me the point in the past was to farm the other factions when they try to leave their gates. Makes a boring, frustrating game.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackwater has been a cesspool for quite a few months now. Once some major guilds started fielding massive faction swapping armies to control emp generation and game the system for their various alts, it was over from there.

Was only a matter of time, with a vet campaign this starts on day one.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • SeventhWarlock
    BwB is nice (if I'm not wrong, EU/NA is the same?). Casual players get mentored by older ones, and there is a lot of fun. Yes, the EP often dominates due having the most veteran players, but on the other hand, blues and bananas zerg and have spies everywhere.

Lucky for you, the game engine doesn't allow us to take your home bases.
    "Imperials are the natives of the civilized, cosmopolitan province of Cyrodiil. Imperials are also known for the discipline and training of their citizen armies, and their respect for the rule of law." - UESP
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Blackwater has been a cesspool for quite a few months now. Once some major guilds started fielding massive faction swapping armies to control emp generation and game the system for their various alts, it was over from there.

Cough GoS Cough
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • Nightenhowl
    Nightenhowl
    ✭✭✭
    Yes this campaign is an emp farm and not fun as it were in 1.5 or 1.6.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defialed wrote: »

Cough GoS Cough

GoS does not play blackwater in any offical/formal capacity. If you see a GoS member there, its like anything else, on their own time.

So dont be naming and shaming our guild as if they are the boogeyman, you and yours are actually who i was referring to.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GoS does not play blackwater in any offical/formal capacity. If you see a GoS member there, its like anything else, on their own time.

So dont be naming and shaming our guild as if they are the boogeyman, you and yours are actually who i was referring to.

OK Silly cat man don't get your jimmies all rustled like last time. It was a joke especially since "my guild" has GoS members in it. My guild doesn't play blackwater for emp. You would know that if you didn't accuse my guild of being the boogeyman as well and asked nicely. We switch factions every campaign because we believe in Map Balance. If there's too much EP control, we switch it up and so forth.
    As for me, I happened to get emp as many times as I did because I just love running around and killing people casually. If you dont believe me ask any EP player in bwb about how many times i told them not to push for emp or how many times i have dropped so others could get it. We push for anyone of the current faction we play and we do our best to deny enemy factions of current opposition.
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK Silly cat man don't get your jimmies all rustled like last time. It was a joke especially since "my guild" has GoS members in it. My guild doesn't play blackwater for emp. You would know that if you didn't accuse my guild of being the boogeyman as well and asked nicely. We switch factions every campaign because we believe in Map Balance. If there's too much EP control, we switch it up and so forth.
    As for me, I happened to get emp as many times as I did because I just love running around and killing people casually. If you dont believe me ask any EP player in bwb about how many times i told them not to push for emp or how many times i have dropped so others could get it. We push for anyone of the current faction we play and we do our best to deny enemy factions of current opposition.

Nah man, everyone on blackwater knows it, too. You do whatever you can to ensure only the people youve handpicked (usually yourself) are ever crowned, even on the other factions, by virtue of your own admittedly having alts on the other side, as well as relations with another large guild there.

So those of us that have been in the position where we had earned our push, got screwed out of it (i got mine at great lengths despite the best efforts of certain elements to stop me) take your brand of "map balance" as a bit of a joke.

Now while I dont mind opposing faction alts play, I do mind when its used to control an element of the board for that cycle, be it map control, scroll possession, emp crowning, alt farming for leaderboard rank, using your alts to siege keeps so you can rep them for AP, and the like.

that kinda trash has been on BB for a very long time, and its frankly just poor sportsmanship. Every single run I have had has been fair. Ive been up there nine times on four different chars, yet crowned twice, at least five of those seven where I was not were purely due to political ***-blocking to the detriment of the faction I was on at the time. The politics of this campaign take pettiness to a whole other level.

What really grinds my gears is I remember quite vividly how Catman defied your little status quo, and sure enough all of the players in the little political circle got on their red toons a couple hours later and zerged down the map, with practically no one left on DC to help me (because most of DC was on red)

That is the joke BB has become, and youre part of it. And before you spin off saying its only cause it was me, naw, youve done it to many many others that came before and after.
    Edited by Rylana on December 20, 2015 1:13PM
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This^^^^ and throw in the cp gap, best thing that will happen to BWB will be the removal of cp from the campaign.
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um. You're wrong on so many accounts if you think my guild is responsible for anything political on BwB. You're basing your assumptions on perspectives not even seen with your own eyes. You think that just because it was hard for you to obtain emperorship, it's due to some secret conspiracy that I am the captain of.

The communities for each alliance are strong in this campaign so everyone undoubtedly knows each other very well. Your reputation as player spreads quickly if you play enough and people remember who you are. So my point is that if you are intolerable, you won't get crowned. If you don't talk to anyone and you run around for solo play and you want emp without any communication, you won't get crowned. If you're not humble, You won't get crowned. This is not something controlled by any specific guilds. This is controlled by everyone who plays BwB regularly.

Blackwater has one of the strongest communities in ESO that I currently know of. We as a whole, actually value Emperorship as best we can. No faction wants to crown someone they don't perceive as a nice or communicable player. They aren't going to crown someone that doesn't promise scrolls, territory, or (most importantly) hold a secure victory for the campaign rewards. So the lesson today kids is that if you want that shiny crown, you have to work for it. Virtually and Socially.

Lastly @Rylana, regarding my guild and I; You give us too much credit if you think we are as organized as your accusations. We have less than 12 people who play regularly together and we don't use those BS zerg tactics. We get extremely intoxicated every night and host drinking games as a result and then decide repeatedly that it's a great idea to go PvPing. Magic stuff happens at the point. Every crown I have ever obtained usually ends with me waking up with a large hang over, logging in, and seeing my character naked in the middle of cyrodiil with a crown on my head.
    Edited by Mjollo on December 20, 2015 11:42PM
  • Drakilian
    Drakilian
    ✭✭✭
    To the OP - Hahahahahaha, dude, seriously? Have you been anywhere near BwB NA PC recently?

For ~the past few weeks it's been nothing but a collection of AD and EP idiots fighting each other while a vet DC guild that appears to be too pathetic to stay in vet has come down to bully all the non-vets. They come sporting vet zergball tactics (you see them stacking as close as possible to each other before spamming steel tornado, bats, the works), crafted gear and large CP totals. Admittedly those last two aren't exclusive to DC and are a sad reality of BwB but when compounded with the fact that they're an organized VET guild it's almost funny to see just how easily they roll over the EP/AD pugs and newbies. BwB has been DC's punching bag for almost a month now. Only time EP or AD grabs anything back is when they decide it's time to rotate emperorships. Scrolls stay on their side of the map, organized in the most "*** you" way possible (with Altadoon at Dragonclaw and Chim at Ash).

It's not even that any of the players are individually good, they're terrible when separated from their groups (or even in groups of 2-3 - probably partially due to them being used to/specced for group play), but they know the art of zergballing quite well and that + the vet life perks are all they really need to dominate the non-vet campaign.

As for defialed, he was a great emp and is a pleasant player, didn't really care whether or not he got the title and he has literally never done anything to influence the result of any emperorship beyond his own efforts to seize it. He's also been nothing but gracious, even thanking the EP pug/training guild (House Sotha) when they pushed to crown him a while back (he hadn't asked for anything or any push from them).
    Edited by Drakilian on December 22, 2015 12:58AM
    Just call me Drak
  • Sharakor
    Sharakor
    ✭✭✭
    L2P if you don't like it, fight for it or go back to PvE.
    Edited by Sharakor on December 23, 2015 6:24PM
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, personally IDGAF. I just know that there are a lot of players who look at a map and won't play if it's this kind of situation. Hence why in the vet campaigns there has been movement for a gentlemen's agreement to leave trikeeps alone if the faction has no scrolls left.

I do understand that the maturity level though of BWB is overall a lot lower than the vet campaigns. So I can see why this isn't a thing.

No, I haven't been in BWB for a while now. Not since before the Battle Spirit change. Was an interesting and fun experience this past week, and had a great time as Emp.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Takllin I know how you feel and you're right. Traditional methods practice that after an alliance receives emperorship, you celebrate by taking all the scrolls for yourselves and the bonus points it would supposedly bring you. Afterwards, it's common courtesy to "give" back the triangle keeps so that it encourages a dethrone and so that action is more lively and exciting for the overall experience of PvP. Nobody likes being gate camped 24/7 as it ruins the entire campaign.

Previously, the map was closer-balanced population wise during primetimes and it was much more knowing among players of what to do when you go through the emperor process. Even so, there was always people trying to guide and persuade others in the zone chats to help others understand the importance of this practice. Lately, a lot of the regular BwB players have either moved onto Vet or have taken a break from the game so a lot of actual new players have replaced the population and don't know any of these things and others just have grudges against opposing factions from being hurt in the past so they feel its necessary to make the enemy ragequit for self-satisfaction.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To all the DC players that played this past weekend,

congratulations1_192.gif

There was a few, "omg" we didn't defend Glade moments. But other than that, you guys did an awesome job!

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Early morning update:

Bad news this morning for DC. AD decided to take a 24 man crew and wipe out all of DC; taking all the scrolls and keeps. Only 4 DC players were defending when i was online.

We fought till the end.
    Edited by vamp_emily on December 29, 2015 1:17PM

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    To all the DC players that played this past weekend,

congratulations1_192.gif

There was a few, "omg" we didn't defend Glade moments. But other than that, you guys did an awesome job!

This weekend was wonderful, my friend was the Empress and we spent A LOT of time fighting and defending the keeps with the help of the faction. Probably was some of the best time I've ever had in this game. Sadly we all vetted out during the aftermath, but it was still a great time. Keep pushing on DC! (:
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great job last night DC! I really enjoyed the long fight we had at Chal. EP did a great job defending too, made it very difficult for us to push upstairs.

• allen-iverson
    allen-iverson
    ✭✭✭
    I understand the disdain for vet players playing in blackwater blade. BUT I had a pretty fun idea to make a lowbie pvp guild called Vox Mortem Mini-All Stars just before the free to play weekend event that ended on i think the fourteenth of december. I was really glad I went through with the idea! we picked up people that were brand new to the game and had never played pvp before and showed them a good organized pvp experience. Given that about 4-5 people in the groups in each of these videos are maxed on champ points we ran with at least 4-5 or more of brand-new to the game players. We got a bunch of guildies emp it was a great time here's some videos :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHuignfmIfA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PNsJUozbTU
    *Marcel Rigmond voice* "Filthy casual."

allen-iverson, Metta World Peace, Kobe Brÿant, Goran Dragić, Dwyane Wade
  • allen-iverson
    allen-iverson
    ✭✭✭
    oh yeah don't forget to like comment and subscribe to bandz

• josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackwater is the second most balanced campaign after Azura. The relative strength of each faction goes back and forth, but overall each one gets a turn. Almost every single time I look at Trueflame, Haderus, and especially Axe, most of the map is one color. In Blackwater, it happens occasionally, but it doesn't stay like that for long.

For the past couple months, the leaderboards have looked like there are emp farmers coming into the campaign on every faction, with the top couple people having sometimes a 50% AP lead on the rest of the pack. The first would get emp, then vet out and pass it on down the line to the next person. Once they all got their emp run, the entire group more or less left bwb and went back to wherever they came from.

I generally don't have a big problem with this, except that these groups have AP tactics that most people in bwb don't practice: for example, an entire group running away from a tick so the one pushing emp can get an artificially inflated lead. At that point, why not go full ham, and have everyone log into an opposing faction alt that's grouped in, line up at a resource somewhere with would-be emp getting in a light attack while everyone dies to the guards? You were all just blood porting, right? You could make a little more show about it, and stage some "duels", just do it close enough for a d-tick.

Very few people that play regularly in BwB have any real faction allegiance. They claim they want to keep the campaigns "balanced" by moving around, but I am not really convinced any of that's necessary. To me, it feels a lot more like rigging campaign than it does balancing it. When you become friends with half the regular players on every faction, it feels like a good-ole-boys club. I can only put up a half-hearted defense when a good friend of mine is pushing emp on an opposing faction, because a part of me is rooting for them to get it. And then winning or losing has no real meaning, and I feel much more inclined to just screw around and ignore actual campaign objectives.

Personally, I like to log in and see a balanced map. Some of the my favorite fighting happens when there is pushing back and forth across the outposts (milegate/bridge fights!) I try to practice good sportsmanship and I genuinely want everyone to be able to come into bwb and have a good time, and I think most everyone else does, too. There are a few habitual trolls, but I have hope they'll grow up sooner or later. While the pugs get restless without taking keeps, when they push too far, they end up killing the action. Then they get bored and log out. And THEN the night cap crew starts moving. It's a vicious cycle!

My only big complaint lately has been the night-capping. I'd say at least half of the emps crowned the past several months were PvDoor'd in the wee hours of the morning. EP was furiously doing this for a week or two. DC did it more than a few times, too, and I was just as frustrated when it was my faction. To a lesser degree I get annoying with turtling on the last emp keep, even while the other two factions take everything from in behind it, including your scrolls. That's just tacky.
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on January 3, 2016 9:32AM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well it is 6:30am I am sitting in Glade as EP pounds on the inner front door; EP and AD are wiping DC off the map. Me and only one other person is logged on right now.

to all dc members:

WAKE UP!!!!!!

Edited by vamp_emily on January 3, 2016 11:37AM

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oh yeah don't forget to like comment and subscribe to bandz

Awesome to see these videos! You played with us a few times when Ren was emp, good times ^_^
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome to see these videos! You played with us a few times when Ren was emp, good times ^_^
    Out of curiosity; Ren as in Wrenaspai or Wrenaissance?

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity; Ren as in Wrenaspai or Wrenaissance?

The world may never know!!! O:
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • allen-iverson
    allen-iverson
    ✭✭✭
    I was curious if anyone knows if there are any other organized guilds in BwB right now in this campaign. I was told of a yellow raid with some rage member in it but I couldn't remember what the name of the guild was.

• kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was curious if anyone knows if there are any other organized guilds in BwB right now in this campaign. I was told of a yellow raid with some rage member in it but I couldn't remember what the name of the guild was.

I could tell you, but then i'd have to kill you.
    But, seriously they aren't on all that much.

• Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's currently a vet guild that came down to BwB AD that's been desperately trying to crown their guildie since the campaign flipped. Lol.
  • Drakilian
    Drakilian
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't call it a raid. The guild has about 58 members and the only two times even half of them have been on and in cyrodil were for two organized emp pushes, otherwise about 9 regulars who spend most of the time grinding, soloing or messing around in TS. Not just AD either, it's cross-faction, and about half of the members there are converts from an EP guild that collapsed.

Otherwise AD doesn't really have anything legitimately organized (AotD does not count). EP has the wonderful Aillen's Loveden, respected and feared across factions and both an AD and EP guild. They also have the noquars, whom I know nothing about other than that their members always have noquar in the name, making them very easily identifiable. House Sotha used to be the pug-whispering guild but it's been replaced.

Dc has Vox mortem for vet players come on down to BwB, not sure what else since I hate all the DC in BwB with a passion and refuse to make a character for them.
    Edited by Drakilian on January 6, 2016 4:22AM
    Just call me Drak
This discussion has been closed.