The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stealth detection clearly does not work on xbox

Dahood2
Dahood2
This ability does not work. Whether it is from a potion or ability it doesn't work. How can a NB stay invisible right on top of me when radiant magelight or a stealth detect potion is in effect? This has been broken since release and is a game shattering error
  • Dahood2
    Dahood2
    No one else thinks so?
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think that's more of a latency issue on your end. I know that Radiant Magelight and Detection Potions are working fine.

The checks for stealth detection takes place once every second, so you will "Pulse" detection. This means that if the stealther is fast enough, he can close significant distance between the first pulse and the second pulse. Think of it like a Sonar scan. You don't normally notice it is because the pulsed detection allows the target to remain visible for 1 second after being hit by the pulse, therefore giving the illusion of a continuous detection. The reason it's done this way is to help with server latency.

What a detection potion does is that it increases your base detection range, thereby offsetting the stealther's bonus to stealth anti-detection passives. This means that the more the enemy is invested into stealth, the less effective a detection potion is. Radiant Magelight on the other hand works differently. What it does is that it creates a 10m radius field around yourself that cannot be reduced by any means, which means that RML is the only true hard counter to stealthers, especially since it also comes with a component to reduce stealth attack damage by 60% in addition to negating the stun + crit. Both Radiant Magelight and Detection Potions can be enhanced by 50% with the use of the 5pc Sentry Set.
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    If you are having trouble with stealth users, its worth the grind to unlock "Enevitable Detination". (Alliance War skill line)
    1. If you cast it before they vanish, the channel time wont matter. As long as they don't line of sight you it will work, bringing them out of stealth for a second.(Allowing you to follow)
    2. 4 seconds later it will detonate revealing them and allowing time for a re-cast.
    3. If they try to cleanse it with cloak it before it explodes, it will detonate immediately.
    4. Has decent damage if you are a magika build.

Just my two cents..
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is stealth detection reduction in the game so they can drop your stealth detection far below usefulness. It's so low you can almost literally be right on top of them and not detect them. Also when they go into stealth they leave a stealth detection ring at that location. So when you approach that location in stealth it will open your stealth eye as if there is a player there even though the player is long gone from there.
    Edited by Armitas on November 30, 2015 12:39PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are having trouble with stealth users, its worth the grind to unlock "Enevitable Detination". (Alliance War skill line)
    1. If you cast it before they vanish, the channel time wont matter. As long as they don't line of sight you it will work, bringing them out of stealth for a second.(Allowing you to follow)
    2. 4 seconds later it will detonate revealing them and allowing time for a re-cast.
    3. If they try to cleanse it with cloak it before it explodes, it will detonate immediately.
    4. Has decent damage if you are a magika build.

Just my two cents..

meanwhile an enemy could easily heal more than enugh using vigro while waiting for the explosion. then it can be blocked adn when well-times to stamina lost is negliable. finally, the stealther could make use of your predictable behavior and use you casting the spell to go on the offensive.

imho the spell is not a counter at all. if anything, it is useful to make it harder for a stealther to escape a zerg.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DeanTheCat
    Both Radiant Magelight and Detection Potions can be enhanced by 50% with the use of the 5pc Sentry Set.

Hello cool cat. You said the Sentry set increases radiant mage light by 50%. Are you sure? By definition of this set that i can find it state's:

Sentry: Damage dealt to Sneaking targets increased by 20%. Stealth detection radius increased by 20%

How do you get 50% increase out of a 20% increase from the set bonus? If you could drop some knowledge that would be great. Another question, does this set come in v16?... if so where do you obtain it?

My build is currently using Radiant Mage light on my stamina nightblade and you got me intrigued by your comment.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on December 3, 2015 2:40AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeanTheCat
    Both Radiant Magelight and Detection Potions can be enhanced by 50% with the use of the 5pc Sentry Set.

Hello cool cat. You said the Sentry set increases radiant mage light by 50%. Are you sure? By definition of this set that i can find it state's:

Sentry: Damage dealt to Sneaking targets increased by 20%. Stealth detection radius increased by 20%

How do you get 50% increase out of a 20% increase from the set bonus? If you could drop some knowledge that would be great. Another question, does this set come in v16?... if so where do you obtain it?

@GreenSoup2HoT

The set was buffed in 1.7 to have a 50% increase in radius instead of a 20% increase. It's really really good at giving stealthers a living hell. On one of my dedicated stealth hunter builds, my Radiant Magelight can cover the entire back flag of a large keep like Arrius and if I activate a detection potion... Let's just say I can reveal people hiding on the top floor from the ground floor.

The set comes in VR16, with Divines, Infused, Impenetrable and Well-Fitted. You get them from Rewards for the Worthy.
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides: