Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Weapon damage broken again? Puncturing sweeps vs Biting Jabs

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    I ditched my templar and went to stam nb. A lot more "calm" after a vMA run and surprise attack instant 15k dmg which is f-- OP compared to 1s cast 12k jabsdmg...

"balance"

Should see the NB heals vs the templar one :-) at least they acknowledged that one and will be fixing it today.
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aren't cp passives totally different?

No they are exactly the same. Atleast for Damage tests like this.
    Edited by Xantaria on November 11, 2015 11:38AM
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Docmandu wrote: »
    I ditched my templar and went to stam nb. A lot more "calm" after a vMA run and surprise attack instant 15k dmg which is f-- OP compared to 1s cast 12k jabsdmg...

"balance"

Should see the NB heals vs the templar one :-) at least they acknowledged that one and will be fixing it today.

Dont need any NB heals with 75% dmg mitigation. I litearlly can stand in all enemies AoE and my HP barely moves lol
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • timmayyyboy
    timmayyyboy
    ✭✭
    So, as I recently watched @blabafat video of magicka Templar doing Vet Arena I noticed one thing. His Puncturing sweeps hits harder than my Biting jabs although I have a stronger setup as I am Stamina.: Maybe it is just a Punctsweeps/Jabs issue, but I guess smth is broken again with weapon damage in general. Has somebody else noticed this?

Although my Stamplar has higher stats my Jabs do less damage than Magplars Puncturing sweeps.

Blabafat Magicka Templar unbuffed:
    2620 Spelldamage and 36.6k magicka

Alcast Stamina Templar unbuffed:
    3650 Weapon damage and 38,6k Stamina

We both have max CP aviable.

Magicka Templar Puncturing Sweeps damage on Lamia Queen: noncrit 3k/crit 5,3k
    Stamina Templar Biting Jabs damage on Lamia Queen: noncrit 2,9k/crit 5,1k

5FckX4q.jpg

@blabafat what is your buffed Puncturing Sweeps damage Tooltip?

HOW? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Will do some tests later today

The way i understand it, is that its still a magic ability but with a stam cost. So putting points into thaum would benefit more then mighty. Ive put 80 points into thaum then mighty and i did seem to kill things faster with mire into thaum but i am on console so i cant see the numbers to conclusively say that. Maybe if someone on pc that can see that actual difference could test that and let me know?
    Or am i completely off basis with that? Lol
    Options
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, as I recently watched @blabafat video of magicka Templar doing Vet Arena I noticed one thing. His Puncturing sweeps hits harder than my Biting jabs although I have a stronger setup as I am Stamina.: Maybe it is just a Punctsweeps/Jabs issue, but I guess smth is broken again with weapon damage in general. Has somebody else noticed this?

Although my Stamplar has higher stats my Jabs do less damage than Magplars Puncturing sweeps.

5FckX4q.jpg

HOW? @ZOS_GinaBruno

The way i understand it, is that its still a magic ability but with a stam cost. So putting points into thaum would benefit more then mighty. Ive put 80 points into thaum then mighty and i did seem to kill things faster with mire into thaum but i am on console so i cant see the numbers to conclusively say that. Maybe if someone on pc that can see that actual difference could test that and let me know?

Unfortunately not, the tool tip describes Biting Jabs as physical damage, so Mighty is the CP you want. Unless it's broken and no one has realised or tested?
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
    Options
  • timmayyyboy
    timmayyyboy
    ✭✭
    EgoRush wrote: »

5FckX4q.jpg

HOW? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Unfortunately not, the tool tip describes Biting Jabs as physical damage, so Mighty is the CP you want. Unless it's broken and no one has realised or tested?

Ah okay. It just doesnt seem to hit as hard like sweeps, just like @Alcast said/shown. Im seriously considering buying the pc version just so an see the actual numbers and be able to test things lol
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Justice31st on December 2, 2015 8:58PM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
    Options
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Alcast Go look at one of Deltias old builds and you will see why he runs dual swords with nirnhorned. What is this, amatuer hour?

PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Options
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm

Edited by Shader_Shibes on December 2, 2015 12:38PM
    Options
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭

5FckX4q.jpg

HOW? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Ah okay. It just doesnt seem to hit as hard like sweeps, just like @Alcast said/shown. Im seriously considering buying the pc version just so an see the actual numbers and be able to test things lol

So some of the issues here are the armour passives and traits on weapons. Alcast and I compared Jabs on his stamplar with Sweeps on my magiplar for PC to get some numbers. Light armour passives give me some spell penetration whereas medium armour will boost your weapon damage. This can make a tool tip seem higher for one but the damage higher for the other (depending on what mob you are hitting). Factor in nirnhoned swords for a magicka Templar and you boost this even further with respect to tool tip damage.

Basically it seems like Sweeps are stronger now I think. With the self heal it makes Sweeps kinda ridiculous, so perhaps the Jabs morph should get some attention and boost to damage. Jabs gives Major Savagery but this is useless if you're running with Camo Hunter on your bars, so really they could change this to something else.

Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Justice31st on December 2, 2015 8:58PM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alcast Go look at one of Deltias old builds and you will see why he runs dual swords with nirnhorned. What is this, amatuer hour?

LOL! The only amateur is Deltias himself. That guy knows less than John Snow.

Options
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭

5FckX4q.jpg

HOW? @ZOS_GinaBruno

So some of the issues here are the armour passives and traits on weapons. Alcast and I compared Jabs on his stamplar with Sweeps on my magiplar for PC to get some numbers. Light armour passives give me some spell penetration whereas medium armour will boost your weapon damage. This can make a tool tip seem higher for one but the damage higher for the other (depending on what mob you are hitting). Factor in nirnhoned swords for a magicka Templar and you boost this even further with respect to tool tip damage.

Basically it seems like Sweeps are stronger now I think. With the self heal it makes Sweeps kinda ridiculous, so perhaps the Jabs morph should get some attention and boost to damage. Jabs gives Major Savagery but this is useless if you're running with Camo Hunter on your bars, so really they could change this to something else.

Um, stamina Templars have great resource sustain due to the stamina regain from repentance while magicka Templars do not...

I run with 3 spell damage glyphs on jewellery and <800 magicka regen and have no sustain issues. Because in groups we get Siphon Spirit, Mystic Orbs, Elemental Drain..........

There are many more ways to get sustain for magicka than for stamina. The benefit to stamina being that they can self sustain with repentance. But this still requires corpses whereas magicka do not.

Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Justice31st on December 2, 2015 8:59PM
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

LOL

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DELTIAS IS THE BEST

Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Justice31st on December 2, 2015 9:01PM
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

5FckX4q.jpg

HOW? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Um, stamina Templars have great resource sustain due to the stamina regain from repentance while magicka Templars do not...

I run with 3 spell damage glyphs on jewellery and <800 magicka regen and have no sustain issues. Because in groups we get Siphon Spirit, Mystic Orbs, Elemental Drain..........

There are many more ways to get sustain for magicka than for stamina. The benefit to stamina being that they can self sustain with repentance. But this still requires corpses whereas magicka do not.

In groups Stamplars get blazing spears which gives better resource management. But ok.

sure, but they have to waste a global cooldown for resourcemanagement...something a magicka build doesn't have to do in ST-Fights...
    and better resourcemanagement than elemental+ siphon spirit???? not possible :D
    Noobplar
    Options
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭

5FckX4q.jpg

HOW? @ZOS_GinaBruno

In groups Stamplars get blazing spears which gives better resource management. But ok.

As someone who plays support in end game raids regularly, I can tell you it's the stamina builds crying for resrouces a lot more than magicka, DESPITE the fact magicka builds largely run Kena. But ok.

Edit: also, luminous shards, the other morph, gives magicka too. Thus, spears can be equal. Stamina still at a loss for resource gain support than magicka. But ok.
    Edited by EgoRush on December 2, 2015 2:43PM

Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭

5FckX4q.jpg

HOW? @ZOS_GinaBruno

As someone who plays support in end game raids regularly, I can tell you it's the stamina builds crying for resrouces a lot more than magicka, DESPITE the fact magicka builds largely run Kena. But ok.

Edit: also, luminous shards, the other morph, gives magicka too. Thus, spears can be equal. Stamina still at a loss for resource gain support than magicka. But ok.

Well if I was tanking end game with the recent stamina block nerf, I would be asking for spear shards as well. Also. blazing spear gives back more stamina than luminous and also procs burning light which in return increases healing; why would people choose luminous over blazing spear?. Repentance + blazing spear = better for stamina resource management. But ok.

Burning Light does nothing for healing, go re-read your tool tips. All I'm arguing is that there are more skills for sustaining magicka than stamina and that in my experience stamina people suffer more. Repentance + Blazing Spear are the only 2 skills to help, one of which requires corpses (good luck using that to sustain people in boss fights without adds) and the other has a cool down on synergy. Where as Siphon and Ele Drain can consistently return magicka, with Mystic Orbs having the same issue of a synergy cool down. Furthermore, despite it being terrible there's Spell Symmetry, another skill for returning magicka. Also, you arguing that as a tank you demand spears proves my point that stamina is harder to maintain due to this new block nerf...you're making no sense in your arguments.

I'm done derailing this topic.
    Edited by EgoRush on December 2, 2015 2:53PM

Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... Also. blazing spear gives back more stamina than luminous and also procs burning light which in return increases healing;....

Are you sure about this as the stats I have show the opposite:

Blazing Spear IV:
    Send your spear into the heavens to bring down a shower of divine wrath, dealing 3053 Magic Damage to enemies in the target area and an additional 391 Magic Damage each second. Also stuns one enemy for 2 seconds. While active, an ally can pick up a spear shard, restoring 25% Stamina plus an additional 1700 Stamina over 10 seconds.

Luminous Shards IV:
    Send your spear into the heavens to bring down a shower of divine wrath, dealing 2964 Magic Damage to enemies in the target area. Also disorients one enemy for 6 seconds. While active, an ally can pick up a spear shard, restoring 25% Stamina plus 1875 Stamina and Magicka over 10 seconds.

And what's this about Burning Light increasing healing?

Burning Light:
    WHILE USING AEDRIC SPEAR ABILITIES: Gives you a 25% chance to cause an extra 1437 Magic Damage any time you hit with an Aedric Spear ability. (Damage uses Spell Damage or Weapon Damage based on which is higher.)
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Justice31st on December 2, 2015 9:00PM
    Options
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... Also. blazing spear gives back more stamina than luminous and also procs burning light which in return increases healing;....

Blazing Spear IV:
    Send your spear into the heavens to bring down a shower of divine wrath, dealing 3053 Magic Damage to enemies in the target area and an additional 391 Magic Damage each second. Also stuns one enemy for 2 seconds. While active, an ally can pick up a spear shard, restoring 25% Stamina plus an additional 1700 Stamina over 10 seconds.

Luminous Shards IV:
    Send your spear into the heavens to bring down a shower of divine wrath, dealing 2964 Magic Damage to enemies in the target area. Also disorients one enemy for 6 seconds. While active, an ally can pick up a spear shard, restoring 25% Stamina plus 1875 Stamina and Magicka over 10 seconds.

Burning Light:
    WHILE USING AEDRIC SPEAR ABILITIES: Gives you a 25% chance to cause an extra 1437 Magic Damage any time you hit with an Aedric Spear ability. (Damage uses Spell Damage or Weapon Damage based on which is higher.)

Hahahaha. Nice.

Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Blazing Spear IV:

Luminous Shards IV:

Burning Light:

Yea that is why I edited my post and meant to write damage. Next time try to check other posts above yours to see if your future post has already been answered before you write ffs.

The post that he wrote has a lot of information and probably required longer to write than the time it took you to edit your post. As such your expectation is unreasonable since he was trying to provide the correct information instead of refreshing the page waiting for your to hopefully correct your mistake.

Please note I may edit this response in the future so please refresh this thread every minute before posting a reply. [/sarcasm]
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

5FckX4q.jpg

HOW? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Well if I was tanking end game with the recent stamina block nerf, I would be asking for spear shards as well. Also. blazing spear gives back more stamina than luminous and also procs burning light which in return increases healing; why would people choose luminous over blazing spear?. Repentance + blazing spear = better for stamina resource management. But ok.

Burning Light does nothing for healing, go re-read your tool tips. All I'm arguing is that there are more skills for sustaining magicka than stamina and that in my experience stamina people suffer more. Repentance + Blazing Spear are the only 2 skills to help, one of which requires corpses (good luck using that to sustain people in boss fights without adds) and the other has a cool down on synergy. Where as Siphon and Ele Drain can consistently return magicka, with Mystic Orbs having the same issue of a synergy cool down. Furthermore, despite it being terrible there's Spell Symmetry, another skill for returning magicka. Also, you arguing that as a tank you demand spears proves my point that stamina is harder to maintain due to this new block nerf...you're making no sense in your arguments.

I'm done derailing this topic.

Blazing Spear IV:

Luminous Shards IV:

Burning Light:

Hahahaha. Nice.

First you said that you are done derailing this forum and then reply to a quote that I edited before it was even reposted. You and your arguments don't make any sense and you are a really intelligent and swell guy.

Edit: I meant really intelligent and swell guy. :wink:

First talking about deltia and then trying to brag around? You do realize that you are the idiot here? :o
    Edited by Alcast on December 2, 2015 3:36PM

Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Justice31st on December 2, 2015 9:01PM
    Options