Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

The Akaviri Swords Motif.

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I of course agree with you. The part where you assume that this may have been intentional because katanas are seen as brittle swords in the real world. This isn't entirely accurate because in the real world, when they are forged right, they can be the strongest of steel swords. But I'm just nit picking lol.

I actually mention in one of my post in this thread that the Fighters Guild weapons maybe have been mistakenly reskinned along with the armour. Since the Fighters Guild and Akaviri armour in ESO are of the same style. And like I said in that post, the sword style works for the Fighters Guild, but not for the Akaviri specific Motif.

I'll be honest, i don't like the Akavir look of fighter guild's armor. For me, the Akavir look is something that signify a Dragonguard aka Blades. If those fighter guilds use the same armor motif as Dragonguard, those Blades are not as unique as i thought they're on Tamriel :P

There's also a part of me who never like the look of samurai armor on TES though...it's somewhat really out of place, and to top it of, they don't even make it looks anything cool...they look boring as hell...real samurai armor looks way better. Also i was hoping that at least the fighter guilds got their own cool unique armor motif, instead of the lame Akavir motif lol

So the Fighter's Guild was actually approved by one of the Akaviri Potentates, I'm pretty sure it makes perfect sense for some of their armor to be Akaviri-styled.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason Akaviri armour looks out of place in Tamriel is because it originated from a different continent. So it actually makes sense that it doesn't quite fit in with anything else. It would be like placing a Samurai in an old European or American battlefield lol.

Of course it doesn't quite fit in!
    Edited by Kuroinu on October 30, 2015 10:38PM
  • Conquistador
    Conquistador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's shameful that Zenimax has not addressed this crap. It's highly disappointing that they're creating crap armour and weapons.
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's shameful that Zenimax has not addressed this crap. It's highly disappointing that they're creating crap armour and weapons.

I'm going to give ZOS the benefit of the doubt with this. They have a lot to fix already within this game and it seems like new releases such as Imperial City have added to the work pile. Along with Orsinium being released soon, no doubt there will be more to fix. At the pace at which they hope to release new DLC, I'm concerned for the workload they are giving themselves in terms of fixes. But that's an entire thread in of itself, so I'd rather not get into that here lol.

Saying this, while I understand ZOS has a lot on their plate at the moment, I won't let this issue die and fade away. I will continue to bring it up when I feel it is necessary, be it via the "Ask Us Anything" thread or simply bumping this thread.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there have been several post about people being unhappy about the look. They've been much anticipated. And it's a big disappointment.

We all want them to be katanas like they were.
    Edited by Paazhahdrimaak on October 31, 2015 12:13AM
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally,I dont care for the Katana style swords.Or the armor that goes with it.So,I wont bother about the Akaviri stuff.In Morrowind,it doesnt look like a Samurai outfit.