Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Your Magicka, Health, and Stamina bars will now remain visible - Do you like it?

• SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    It really should be optional. Bad enough they made the enemy health bars narrower and harder to see (the ones above their heads), but now I have giant stat bars taking up my visual space. DO NOT WANT!
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
    Options
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    This is a big deal to me. On console we get screwed as turning it off still pops up when buffed which is stupid. Off is off

Now it's always on which is stupid

Oh the irony of you asking for options.

Anyway, this does need to be optional. This particular problem does not bother me. That being said, I need to ensure most, if not all, UI configurations are optional so I can have my buff timers and damage numbers on console without interrupting the play of those who do not like them. ZOS listen to the people. We want information, communication and option...ation.

Edit: Changed OP to more accurately reflect my intentions.
    Edited by J2JMC on September 1, 2015 5:26PM
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    J2JMC wrote: »
    This is a big deal to me. On console we get screwed as turning it off still pops up when buffed which is stupid. Off is off

Anyway, this does need to be removed. This particualar problem does not bother me. That being said, I need to ensure most, if not all, UI configurations are optional so I can have my buff timers and damage numbers on console without interrupting the play of those who do not like them. ZOS listen to the people. We want information, communication and option...ation.

Thanks @J2JMC I am actually a supporter of a more robust UI so long as those are options, and not forced upon anyone. I maybe should have been a bit clearer, but I'm not asking for the change to be reversed at all, as this thread has pointed out - many people like it, I would just like to have the option of when this happens. Seems silly to now have an option to turn your health bars off that doesn't actually work ;) I'll be quite happy when ZOS adds things such as an on screen buff tracker, means one more add-on can go, and I can just switch it on when I head to dungeons ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I really don't like this at all; there was no need to have them permanently clutter up the immersive HUD; food/drink effects always were clearly signaled when they ended, by the bars appearing, shrinking, then going away.

Not only that, if for some reason I didn't notice the visual, I could just tell from the difference in combat (one extra hit to eradicate a standard mob, i.e.).

PLEASE give us the option to disable this.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, thanks for all your feedback. We are looking into other options for this, and will let you know when we have something nailed down.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Hey guys, thanks for all your feedback. We are looking into other options for this, and will let you know when we have something nailed down.

Why on earth did you change it?? It worked so well and perfectly before the patch. This is a classic if it works don't touch it!
    Options
  • Hope499
    Hope499
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

Thank you :)

Nice to see a fast reply in this. please change ASAP.
    Tripped over my friends bra.....
    ..she is always setting booby traps!
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Ffs that's awful. Even worse than stambuilds/block nerf.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Gina, thanks for listening to us. You guys are doing a great job, and when it comes to being available and listening you have been GOLDEN.

Thank you!

o:)
    Options
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    I use an addon to keep my bars visible at all times, and centered.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
    Options
  • Talemire
    Talemire
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care
    I use drink so I don't see it.
    Options
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    [EDIT] Please also voice your opinion via /feedback in game. [/EDIT]

I read the patch notes.. twice. Yet I didn't seem to catch this.

I was online today when a guildmate mentioned their stamina and health bar never going away.. I also noticed my magicka and health never going away. I disabled all addons, removed the folder, all that jazz. Just to be told that this was an INTENDED change. (I must have missed it) Now, if you have an active effect (such as food buff) the stat (mag,stam or health) that it effects - the bar will NEVER go away. To the point of turning all healthbars in the game "OFF" it still will not go away.

It was mentioned upcoming changes to the UI will be completely optional. I would have REALLY enjoyed this to be optional. I never noticed in the PTS as I was in IC and always seemed to be in battle - not peacefully questing. As someone who plays certain characters with minimal UI (no quest tracker, no quest markers on some) I would really prefer that this be an option.

Do you like the new change?
    Your Magicka, Health, and Stamina bars will now remain visible while under an active effect, such as food buffs.

It would probably be possible to disable them with an addon. Though that won't help console players much.

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
    Options
  • capnbinky
    capnbinky
    ✭✭
    No

Thanks for quickly responding to this. Quality of play issue, for certain.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Thank you very much Gina! It's greatly appreciated you will have some folks look into this, and will be even more appreciated if they find a way to make it an option! :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    gard wrote: »

I was online today when a guildmate mentioned their stamina and health bar never going away.. I also noticed my magicka and health never going away. I disabled all addons, removed the folder, all that jazz. Just to be told that this was an INTENDED change. (I must have missed it) Now, if you have an active effect (such as food buff) the stat (mag,stam or health) that it effects - the bar will NEVER go away. To the point of turning all healthbars in the game "OFF" it still will not go away.

It was mentioned upcoming changes to the UI will be completely optional. I would have REALLY enjoyed this to be optional. I never noticed in the PTS as I was in IC and always seemed to be in battle - not peacefully questing. As someone who plays certain characters with minimal UI (no quest tracker, no quest markers on some) I would really prefer that this be an option.

Your Magicka, Health, and Stamina bars will now remain visible while under an active effect, such as food buffs.

It would probably be possible to disable them with an addon. Though that won't help console players much.

Nor anyone else who has no wish to use any addons.
    Options
  • jk.turner_ESO

Yes, thank you for that. I also do not like that particular change to my UI. I've always kept track of my buffs and really find this to be an eyesore ;)
    Options
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Don't like it.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
    Options
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

Love it, if anything make it a toggle, but please leave them on.
    The Teach - AD Templar
    Options
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Options are nice.

I do think it should START with this turned on when you make a character as this is VERY useful for a new player, and if they want it off they can have it in the options to turn it off. (but keeping it on has many benefits)

after all the UI is extremely minimal already
    Edited by Araxleon on September 1, 2015 11:20PM
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Araxleon wrote: »
    Options are nice.

I do think it should START with this turned on when you make a character as this is VERY useful for a new player, and if they want it off they can have it in the options to turn it off. (but keeping it on has many benefits)

after all the UI is extremely minimal already

I actually think the same @Araxleon . I saw someone mentioned they didn't care if it was off by default, but I think on by default would be much better. Many people don't read patch notes (or do and miss a couple) so having it on lets people know its available. If they don't like it, I bet they will look for a way to turn it off (like I did)
    Options
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I like it because i dont want to use the dam add on to see it. Its one of the basic aspects of any rpg, being able to monitor ur dam hp and mana bars.
    Options
  • Dahkoht
    Dahkoht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

What possible reason did you take the option away to begin with ? No really , answer that ,

Bets on response from them ?
    Options
  • Dahkoht
    Dahkoht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    J2JMC wrote: »

Anyway, this does need to be optional. This particular problem does not bother me. That being said, I need to ensure most, if not all, UI configurations are optional so I can have my buff timers and damage numbers on console without interrupting the play of those who do not like them. ZOS listen to the people. We want information, communication and option...ation.

Edit: Changed OP to more accurately reflect my intentions.

I think the option should be there also , but the deliciousness I am getting from him having wanting an option he wants and isnt going to be there is , oh god , so delicious.
    Options
  • Rodvic
    Rodvic
    ✭✭✭
    No

Yay!
    Options
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I thought this was a bug! Immersion is broken with this forced on us. Please make an optional UI setting ZOS!
    PC-NA
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care

Console too please!
    And a way to turn UI off on console for screenshots like I can on my PC version would be nice.

Options
  • Hope499
    Hope499
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Avenias wrote: »
    I like it because i dont want to use the dam add on to see it. Its one of the basic aspects of any rpg, being able to monitor ur dam hp and mana bars.

But they show during combat anyway....
    Tripped over my friends bra.....
    ..she is always setting booby traps!
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hope499 wrote: »

Options are key. For everyone ;).
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Hope499 wrote: »

Options are key. For everyone ;).

Exactly @Attorneyatlawl ! I'll keep voting for those ugly *ehem* useful name tags floating above people's heads ;) (You know, since they'll obviously have an "off" option heh)
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    <3@MissBizz. Exactly the reasoning I have for most options. If you don't like them, they can always be toggled on or off, dependent on if you do of course :)!
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.