The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Your Magicka, Health, and Stamina bars will now remain visible - Do you like it?

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Avonna wrote: »
    they can make these bars visible all the time , but we dam if they put NUMBERS in them.....

@Avonna I use an add-on that puts numbers in them too ;) WHEN I want (such as dungeons) By the way, ZOS is looking into adding some UI features such as buff trackers and combat text, so I bet #'s on the bars will be on that list too ;) (I wouldn't even care if numbers were on the bars, as long as they went away while not in combat :P)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Avonna
    Avonna
    ✭✭✭
    agree missbizz.

i hope they do . when i started playing this game during beta. i thought that some of those things you just mentioned would be a BASIC thing to have in a mmo from the start.

wrong!

i learned how to deal with it , and thank the eights we have add ons. i just dont want to use add ons sometimes lol. eso has enough probs. now i have to run extra stuff ....just weird to me.

i use that add on ONLY for the numbers, i dont prefer the boxes to be honest. just a simple nice clean ui .
    Options
  • NDwarf
    NDwarf
    ✭✭✭
    Wait they didn't already have bars on PC? On Ps4 we always had big honking bars taking up the screen. The worse is if you use a purple food and now have 3 big honking bars cluttering your screen.

Which sucks, cause I took some nice screenshots and those damn bars blocking the view. Oh no text chat because immersion but freakin huge ass bars is acceptable :neutral:

My screen:
    Game Stuff here
    ================================ =============================== ==========================
    BARS OF LETTING YOU KNOW BUFFS ARE ACTIVE
    "When people !@# with you you !@# with them ten times worse. Next thing you know, you're in a motel room with 24 beers and a half bucket of chicken. You see, that's how you get things done." Ricky, Trailer Park Boys.
    Options
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Seems nice to be able to keep track of your food buff. However, I'd like to be able to customize the size/scale of these bars.
    Edited by Kuroinu on September 1, 2015 2:32AM
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    NDwarf wrote: »
    Wait they didn't already have bars on PC? On Ps4 we always had big honking bars taking up the screen. The worse is if you use a purple food and now have 3 big honking bars cluttering your screen.

Which sucks, cause I took some nice screenshots and those damn bars blocking the view. Oh no text chat because immersion but freakin huge ass bars is acceptable :neutral:

My screen:
    Game Stuff here
    ================================ =============================== ==========================
    BARS OF LETTING YOU KNOW BUFFS ARE ACTIVE

Nope. On PC they would fade out of combat @NDwarf . If your buff dissipated when out of combat, your bars would suddenly show on screen and then visibally shrink.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Runumuk_ESO
    Runumuk_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    No
    No..... Should be the players option if they want them on or off.
    Options
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I absolutely do NOT like it. I didn't even know it's a feature now, I thought it's a bug, really annoying! Having the OPTION to remove them would be the LEAST to provide!

Edited by Moonshadow66 on September 1, 2015 3:45AM
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is plenty of room in the settings menus to be able to make this sort of thing OPTIONAL!

Zeni, there is no need to force this sort of change on anyone - the coding was one way before, is now a different way, rather than simply change one to the other, allow people to CHOOSE.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Who did even come up with this idea? And why? Is there a reason we need to see the stats bars out of combat??
    With every new major update, the facepalms become more and more.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

Options
  • NDwarf
    NDwarf
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote] Nope. On PC they would fade out of combat @NDwarf . If your buff dissipated when out of combat, your bars would suddenly show on screen and then visibally shrink. [/quote]

Wow, I had no ideal. Whenever we eat/drink a buff item on console the bars are up the entire duration in or out of combat. Looks like Zos is trying to have a uniform UI across console and pc. You PC players better get use to no addons, no text and using voice chat next...I kid I kid, well maybe.
    "When people !@# with you you !@# with them ten times worse. Next thing you know, you're in a motel room with 24 beers and a half bucket of chicken. You see, that's how you get things done." Ricky, Trailer Park Boys.
    Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NDwarf wrote: »
    Wow, I had no ideal. Whenever we eat/drink a buff item on console the bars are up the entire duration in or out of combat. Looks like Zos is trying to have a uniform UI across console and pc. You PC players better get use to no addons, no text and using voice chat next...I kid I kid, well maybe.

I had the same thought. A more uniform experience across all the platforms.
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    I am using addons for the bars
    Love my Stamsorc
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yeah, I like it. But it should be configurable for those who do not.
    Options
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Don't like it - hope they make it optional.
    Options
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care
    I have a mod that replaces the bars for something more helpful(and feels better). So I don't really care for the change.
    --Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
    Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
    Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
    Options
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I have seen this since I got the game but yeah it is a pain in the arse especially since I use a lot of homemade blue drinks
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
    Options
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    For the love of god, who came up with this stupid idea of forced visible bars? Has there not been thirty billion threads on the boards discussing OPTIONS? Why would someone implement this kind of nonsense?
    Why do you create this beautiful game and surroundings for us, the player, to become lost and immersed in, only to ruin it by forcing ugly UI bars ( not to mention the friends online icon which is still always visible, that you promised to look into toggling ) all over our screen?

What is the matter with you? Do you not read? Or do you just not care?

Edit - Also, what in hell have they done to crafted armour / enchants? I realise there was going to be a an unneeded nerf to crafting ( another crappy decision ) but last night I logged off with my V4 robe with purple enchant adding 617 magicka to my robe. Now, it adds 417.
    What have you done ?!

Sometimes I just feel like giving up on this game. It just doesn't seem like there are any positive changes being made. Just awful ones.
    Edited by BlueViolet on September 2, 2015 12:19AM
    EU / NA / PC
    Options
  • Wisler89
    Wisler89
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Should be optional: either you see all Attribute bars or none. It looks ridicioulus when you only see 1 (on the off-chance someone uses green bufffood) or 2 (quite often for PvE-players) Attribute bars.
    Eclaire Farron, V16 Sorc
    Claire Etro, V16 NB
    Leveling a DK and Temp because I'm bored
    Server: EU - AD, Guild: Lux Dei
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't care
    I always have my Skill bar showing anyway so it's not too upsetting having the bars there as well.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    [EDIT] Please also voice your opinion via /feedback in game. [/EDIT]

I read the patch notes.. twice. Yet I didn't seem to catch this.

I was online today when a guildmate mentioned their stamina and health bar never going away.. I also noticed my magicka and health never going away. I disabled all addons, removed the folder, all that jazz. Just to be told that this was an INTENDED change. (I must have missed it) Now, if you have an active effect (such as food buff) the stat (mag,stam or health) that it effects - the bar will NEVER go away. To the point of turning all healthbars in the game "OFF" it still will not go away.

It was mentioned upcoming changes to the UI will be completely optional. I would have REALLY enjoyed this to be optional. I never noticed in the PTS as I was in IC and always seemed to be in battle - not peacefully questing. As someone who plays certain characters with minimal UI (no quest tracker, no quest markers on some) I would really prefer that this be an option.

Do you like the new change?
    Your Magicka, Health, and Stamina bars will now remain visible while under an active effect, such as food buffs.

This is how it works on console.
    I guess if PC wants controller support they are going to make you deal with big-arsed bars across your screen all the time too. (joking)
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Options are good. Forced UI is bad. If you have health bars set to OFF, they should never be on; if you have them set to In Combat, they should only appear in combat. @ZOS_RichLambert said that the upcoming changes to the UI would be optional, so this needs to be as well. All it needs is an extra option for "Show attribute bars while under an active effect" - Always/In Combat/Never.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't like it, I am not a huge immersion person, but this bothers me for some reason.

An option to switch it off please, ZoS!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I can see that this is how it works on console, so they change PC. You know what I'm not against? Options for console as well.
    Options
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I really think ZOS implements these things deliberately because they know these are horrible ideas and just don't care.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
    Options
  • NightSky
    NightSky
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Their should ALWAYS be a option for settings, not everyone wants to be the same.
    "For everything you gain, you lose something else."
    Options
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    I am not too concerned since I am sure you will be able to change your settings through add-ons.
    Options
  • Hope499
    Hope499
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Cant stand it....

It is actually *** terrible....

WHY do we need them active not in battle? If health goes missing it shows up, same with mgk and stam...

-Cant tell when I have food on
    -Not sure if food has run out
    -Takes up space to see things
    -ruins all my screen caps

Cant stand this change, and its completely useless to boot.
    Tripped over my friends bra.....
    ..she is always setting booby traps!
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    WebBull wrote: »
    I am not too concerned since I am sure you will be able to change your settings through add-ons.

Thanks @WebBull I have also already began testing add-ons and whatnot. So far the only one that seems to do the trick is FTC, although I HIGHLY prefer the vanilla style bars. I have made a request on the HUD add-on I use, but if anyone knows of one that already does this, please let me know!
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I hate it. I loved the minimalist default UI and have had no interest in using any addons at all. Hence I regard this change as an intrusion on my screen that I neither need nor want. For me, it serves no purpose whatsoever.

It really needs to be optional. If that is going to take a long time to program then a quick hotfix should be applied to disable it until the option toggle has been added.
    Edited by Tandor on September 1, 2015 3:25PM
    Options
  • capnbinky
    capnbinky
    ✭✭
    No
    I love having options for my HUD. Less is more when it comes to enjoying the scenery, interacting with other toons, etc.

While I value the bars and their use in combat, they are merely obtrusive when not needed. Also, when they become visible it gives me an immediate awareness of my toon's vulnerability for an extra adrenaline kick when combat comes in.

I hope that ZOS reverts this or makes it optional.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.