The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Playing NB against detect pots is like playing sorc without shields or templar without heals.

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Magic NB's will still have a terrible time in IC as we CAN"T KILL ANYTHING. So what if we can perma cloak, if you're NOT PUMPING OUT DMG YOU DON"T KILL ANYTHING. And the sustain really sucks so it's difficult to spec into sustain & damage.
    Even after doing this we still CAN"T KILL ANYTHING because we have the LOWEST DPS OF ANY CLASS.
    @zos_ericwrobel

Nb lives from combos and burst, both quite good.
    To be honest I wouldn't kill anything without animation cancel since the burst would be too low to get though shields or perm blocking people, but you got animation canceling and it's not forbidden to use it.

Dps is not as high as a Templar or whatever would pull, but a Templar won't have as much burst as you.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a fact. There is a potion in this game that outright negates a core class mechanic, and that is just ***.

To me the only problem of the detect pot is the duration, with alchemy passives the detection lasts as long as the potions = constant infrared googles, lol.

But fortunately that is getting solved with update 7:
    Reduced the maximum duration (before passives) for detection potions to 12.5 seconds from 43 seconds, as they previously proved too effective to foil any means of stealth.

Cloak needs a counter and since running Dark Cloak negates most AoEs to detect Nightblades as the AoEs operate via DoTs I think a detect pot make sense, either that or make the "flare" from the Alliance skill tree more readily available and better. Otherwise you will just have animation-cancelling dark cloak spamming nightblades that cannot be targeted and not be killed, which would be worse than leaving in infinite dodge-rolling / bolt escaping..

I have a magicka nightblade and against players not chugging detect pots you are at a massive advantage since most of the fight they can't see you but you can see them, plus with less people permablocking after Update 7 you are left with a lot of silver-plated nightblade fodder.

Lastly, you are a Nightblade! You have the strongest CC in the game, it's a 4s AoE CC that does not break on damage (like all other SINGLETARGET CCs in the game do!), even without perma-invis nightblades can be *** terrifying in PvP.
    Edited by Saturn on August 31, 2015 3:41PM
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »
    @Ezareth what means LoS?

Line of Sight. It means utilizing the terrain of the battlefield to your advantage. Since most people cant do damage to you if they can't see you this is a means to divide your foes in order to reduce a numerically superior force into more manageable pieces. When attempting to evade pursuers in order to put distance between you utilizing LoS is imperative in order to avoid gap-closers.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube