The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Mist Form+Battle spirit buff='s GG

OGLezard
OGLezard
✭✭✭✭✭
Like the title says..... pop mist form on and watch you take 0 damage because of how those two stack together. It would also appear someone figured out a little trick to make mist form work the same way while in non mist form....... I know I know, a few people do this on live already, but now it is even worse in PTS. I urge you to take care of this nonsense........this cant make it into live
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With reduced fire damage, it's like 1.0 all over again, Vampire or gtfo.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since Hardened Ward indeed seems to work multiplicative with battle spirit now I guess they actually adjusted single skills instead of that *** buff.
    GG ZOS. :neutral:
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried this yourself and seen yourself take 0 damage? Because I'm pretty sure they do not stack to 100% damage resistance.
    Edited by Zsymon on August 14, 2015 10:16AM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »
    Have you tried this yourself and seen yourself take 0 damage? Because I'm pretty sure they do not stack to 100% damage resistance.

I did.

Edit:
    Skills whose damage stacks additive with Battle Spirit can still deal damage.
    Edited by ToRelax on August 14, 2015 10:29AM

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The fire weakness for vamps also was reported to be still 50% instead of 25%, has this been fixed yet?

Also I highly doubt you take 0 damage because thats not how damage is calculated in Cyrodiil. The outgoing damage is decreased by the battle buff, you mitigate 75% while in mist form. So in theory 4 outgoing damage would lead to 1 incoming damage if you leave out armor mitigation.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    The fire weakness for vamps also was reported to be still 50% instead of 25%, has this been fixed yet?

Also I highly doubt you take 0 damage because thats not how damage is calculated in Cyrodiil. The outgoing damage is decreased by the battle buff, you mitigate 75% while in mist form. So in theory 4 outgoing damage would lead to 1 incoming damage if you leave out armor mitigation.

Technically i guess that would be the case, but we all know ZOS calculating skills. So as long as nobody really tested it right you cant really say it is impossibru >>
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You actually take no damage. I tested it yeserday and my healthbar didn't even move when I was standing in a fire aoe from one of the sweeper bosses.

Btw. It looked kind of funny to have multiple soul assaults on me while in mistform and taking no damage at all.
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on August 14, 2015 11:02AM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    That patch will be nowhere near ready to be launched at end of Aug lololololol

I am sure some ppl will manage to bug out mist form again and then truly take 0 dmg :DDDDD
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hardly going to win you any fights tho since you cant fight in mist form.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »

I have a video of it I'm action in IC @Zsymon so.......yea...plus the guy I seen doing it even said to me it is stacking like that and the video shows it
    Edited by OGLezard on August 14, 2015 11:21AM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mistform is freaking OP, I'm saying this since release. Shadow Cloak ? Bolt Escape ? Permablock )No way, Mist Form is OP.
    The only counter would be rooting them, and wait 5 minutes until he might run out of Magicka, so that you have a short window to attack, until he popped a potion and vanishes again.

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Mistform is freaking OP, I'm saying this since release. Shadow Cloak ? Bolt Escape ? Permablock )No way, Mist Form is OP.
    The only counter would be rooting them, and wait 5 minutes until he might run out of Magicka, so that you have a short window to attack, until he popped a potion and vanishes again.

I dont disagree with you that mistform is powerful, but i have grown with it as a part of my build for 1.6. I am not really sure how to pull off 1vX as a templar without mistform. Maybe im just using it as a crutch? once you start getting 3-4+ guys on you, absorbing every hit starts to seem unrealistic resource management.

Is it totally off to say templar is weaker if mistform was nerfed? It just hard to give up the only disengage offered to the class for nerfs - vampirism. Its a lot easier for me to list situations where i would end up dead using anything other than mist form to survive, i dont think anyone is surprised if i said most of them revolve around burst fear combos.

• Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    hardly going to win you any fights tho since you cant fight in mist form.

It's not supposed to. It's supposed to keep you from losing a fight since it's an escape mechanic.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

I dont disagree with you that mistform is powerful, but i have grown with it as a part of my build for 1.6. I am not really sure how to pull off 1vX as a templar without mistform. Maybe im just using it as a crutch? once you start getting 3-4+ guys on you, absorbing every hit starts to seem unrealistic resource management.

Is it totally off to say templar is weaker if mistform was nerfed? It just hard to give up the only disengage offered to the class for nerfs - vampirism. Its a lot easier for me to list situations where i would end up dead using anything other than mist form to survive, i dont think anyone is surprised if i said most of them revolve around burst fear combos.

Yea, Mistform is the escape ability of Dragonknights and Templars. But the way this ability is working, is questionable in my opinion.

I am aware, Templar shine when using Mistform. I've had so many annoying encounters with Mistform, I just hate it.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    someone test if immortal misting makes killing people easy when using POISON mist
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cloak > mistform
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cloak > mistform

Yup. So is bolt escape.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Cloak > mistform

Yup. So is bolt escape.

pre 1.7 sure..........
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With reduced fire damage, it's like 1.0 all over again, Vampire or gtfo.
    *Casts Dawnbreaker of Smithing*

one sec later

*Takes position to teabag*

Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *slots camo hunter*
    Use snipe.

Mist form that
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    someone test if immortal misting makes killing people easy when using POISON mist

I think this only works decently if you have inc poison dmg aka a poison build, something like the ophidian jewelry or morag tong 5 piece so maybe for a stam build?
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's simple mathematics, if your damage is already reduced by 50% and you hit someone who has mist form which reduces it by 75% you should do 12.5% of your normal damage. HOWEVER, the percentage stuff in ESO is bonkers. I made an Argonian Dragonknight template toon, I *** you not, outside of Cyrodiil I can buff my Coagulating Blood to heal 88% of my missing health, inside Cyrodiil with the 50% nerf to healing it does 68% of my missing health, the math is like waaaay off when it comes to the way percentages behave. It seems to me like some of the buffs you can get are A ) not affected by battle spirit and B ) add on top of each other instead of increasing by the percentage stated, like for example 2% extra healing taken on top of 40%, wouldn't be 40.8% but rather 42% because the percentages behave weirdly. This is at least the case with Rapid Mending from the heavy armour tree.

FYI: that healing buff with Dragon Blood works on Live too, I just don't have an Argonian DK to give me those 9% extra healing taken from Quick to Mend. The above stated percentage (88%) is, I think, the max amount you can boost Dragon Blood to.
    Edited by Saturn on August 16, 2015 3:36AM
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Radburn
    Radburn
    ✭✭✭
    I know I have been killed while using mist form on the PTS.

When I am fighting 1-2 people I seem to be much better at the evade game using LoS to help my chances. When I die using mist form its because I over extended into a large group and they know to use talons and hammer me.

Regardless, someone at ZOS should have the ability to test this properly.
    Edited by Radburn on August 16, 2015 3:59AM
  • bigereard
    bigereard
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »

It's simple mathematics, if your damage is already reduced by 50% and you hit someone who has mist form which reduces it by 75% you should do 12.5% of your normal damage. HOWEVER, the percentage stuff in ESO is bonkers. I made an Argonian Dragonknight template toon, I *** you not, outside of Cyrodiil I can buff my Coagulating Blood to heal 88% of my missing health, inside Cyrodiil with the 50% nerf to healing it does 68% of my missing health, the math is like waaaay off when it comes to the way percentages behave. It seems to me like some of the buffs you can get are A ) not affected by battle spirit and B ) add on top of each other instead of increasing by the percentage stated, like for example 2% extra healing taken on top of 40%, wouldn't be 40.8% but rather 42% because the percentages behave weirdly. This is at least the case with Rapid Mending from the heavy armour tree.

FYI: that healing buff with Dragon Blood works on Live too, I just don't have an Argonian DK to give me those 9% extra healing taken from Quick to Mend. The above stated percentage (88%) is, I think, the max amount you can boost Dragon Blood to.

I think we have similar build..
    Let me guess your build and explain the math:

Healing Taken:
    Base 100%
    Battle Spirit -50%
    Quick Recovery (100) 15.8%
    Coagulated Blood 8%
    Burning Heart 2 12%
    Quick to mend 9%
    3 Piece of Unassailable 4%
    4 Piece of Tormentor 8%
    5 Piece of Sanctuary 16%

Total = 122.8%

Healing Done:
    Igneous Shield 30%
    Blessed (100) 25%
    Ritual Mundus Stone 10%
    3 Divine Trait = 2.25%

Total = 167.25%

Healing taken x healing done = 205.38%

Coagulated Blood 33% * 295.38% = 67.78%

I think you can get boost the heal further with combat medic
  • vichoi
    vichoi
    ✭✭✭
    Mist form is broken in console because there's no target lock.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vichoi wrote: »

It is there, but you can't see it. :wink:

• OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vichoi wrote: »

@vichoi you have to tab target them BEFORE they enter mist form otherwise you can't target them. Not broken that is how it works :) now you know what to do
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom pass this above quote along as well as my OP please....... mist form is broken and so is healing on pts..... you guys need to do.more testing please.....don't let this go to live....we won't ever see fixes for them fluntil next major content update and THEN they might be fixed but before it is fixed we all know it will become the new meta..... don't let this happen.....PLEASE
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is also the Cyrondil'l Light set, which gives 25% less dmg when channeling, so it works combined with mistform. But I see no problem in taking no damage, as mist form deals no damage, and the ae-poison morph does only a tiny amount of poison damage, after nirn., etc.

/edit This set has been working over a year, why complain now? Sorcerer Teleport is much stronger than mist form to get away..!
    Edited by Francescolg on August 16, 2015 12:56PM
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    /edit This set has been working over a year, why complain now? Sorcerer Teleport is much stronger than mist form to get away..!

Sorcerer Teleport is nothing anymore, let alone stronger than something, but I agree Mist form is fine as long as it is not bugged, there is no need for an additional nerf. It wouldn't be right for only NBs to have some form of escape.

No one can actually escape a fight with Mist Form mind you, but it's useful in various situations, such as getting out of dodge in group fights when you're being focused, or buying time to recover in 1vsX fights.
    Edited by Zsymon on August 16, 2015 1:32PM