The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

**Poll: Stam Regen on Blocking**

Petros
Petros
✭✭✭
After Tanking on the PTS, both White Tower Vet Completion and Prison Vet Completion, it mainly comes down to this. 100% reduction of stam regen while holding block, while in combat, seems to be a bit over the top.

This poll is in hope the player's voices will be heard.

Edited by Petros on August 1, 2015 12:15AM
"Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
- VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank

**Poll: Stam Regen on Blocking** 311 votes

Reduce Stam to 0 while blocking
23%
sabresandiego_ESOMisterJimothyKoopapoetkiosk_ESOdrzycki_ESOadarkartistForestd16b14_ESODirtySmeegs33DominoidTheBullIxtyrTaonnorApokhDracaneStarwhiteXantariaJeckllBugCollectorHexylbriandivisionb16_ESO 72 votes
Reduce Stam to 50% while blocking
30%
ZazaajiGloryMalaVrazicavailjohn_ESOKloudMax2497agabahmeatshieldb14_ESOParadoxIllumousMirra_Halfelvengimpdrb14_ESOglakThatNeonZebraAgainXsorusKendaricSpringt-Über-ZwergeZigoSidnikolaj.lemcheb16_ESOtimborggrenlarsenb16_ESOSaturn 95 votes
Reduce stam to 75% while blocking
6%
Stalwart385lewispace619b16_ESOGregTavore1138luther_revandaswahnsinnDenssorPE_BagaturKrycek89MarenneArvssnackratAsrienDark SynergyKuroinundeirmSeaberHope499Reznique 19 votes
Leave it how it is on live.
40%
flintstoneAlomarSorianaTreassach_ESOtrimsic_ESOTeargrantsMojmirPsychobunniDiviniusHypertionb14_ESOOlernnordsavagerussb7b14_ESOMoonshadow66Areziushauwlynb16_ESODaveTheMinionAimoraRune_Relicslumber_sandb16_ESO 125 votes
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead just reduce damage done while blocking to stop blockcasting.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if you are aware, but from my testing on the PTS yesterday, you do regen stam while holding block. You just don't regen while receiving damage while blocking.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grunim wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you are aware, but from my testing on the PTS yesterday, you do regen stam while holding block. You just don't regen while receiving damage while blocking.
    You don't regen stamina while blocking if you are in combat.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you have no write up and it's just a poll, but are you polling that stamina should be reduced while blocking? Is that sort of like how when you dodge, it costs stamina. You want it to be an ability that costs stamina?
    Edited by Thymos on July 31, 2015 9:21PM
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    Grunim wrote: »

It's while you're in combat
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are going to make this change no matter what, reduce it to 50%.
    #MOREORBS
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh woops, wrong option -.-

For some reason I read "leave it as it is on PTS"
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either 50% or make it when you block you can't cast abilities (they did this when you sprint you couldn't use abilities), so it can be done.
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Petros wrote: »
    /bump
    Let's get more people voting

Did you "edit" in "petition"? I don't remember seeing that at first because I would have warned you that is a bad word here on the forum, and may result in thread lock :/
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Petitions are against the forum rules.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm against the perma blocking while doing damage,pve/pvp side, i want more challenge. This change is ok, another good thing could be deactivating offensive abilities on bars while you block, you must choose to be defensive or offensive.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think a full reduction penalty is fair. Especially since certain classes, like templars, lacks tools to restore stamina naturally. Unlike DK's, that has 2 passives giving stamina back while blocking, for example.

Alternative would be a toggle or skill tied to sword&shield that reduces your weapon- and spell dmg with 50% but allows stamina recovery while blocking. Skill like that wouldn't be very interesting for perma-blocking dps specs in PvP. While tanks in PvE could toggle or activate it during phases with spike dmg.
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Reduce damage dealt by slotted skills by 50% while blocking, so those who block cast in PVP won't do much damage
    - Or disable offensive skills while blocking, so when you want to cast an offensive skill you have to stop holding your shield and take a risk
    - Or add a 1s delay between a defensive stance and an offensive stance

But the 0 stam regen is not a good solution.

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the no stam change is a the wrong fix for a problem. I think we could really use some insight from the devs on the problem they are trying to solve.

IF the problem is permablocking in pvp then a reduction in damage output while blocking can help keep that in check without destroying PVE tanks.

IF the problem is PVE tanks being far too effective then I suppose this is exactly what the devs want. The real question is whether or not potentially perma blocking in PVE is a good or bad thing. Should we be able to build to do that? Those are the questions that we as players don't have any answers to.

IF tanks are too overpowered being able to block and regen at the same time, then they also need to look at mag regen while casting mag spells and stam regen while casting stam abilities as well. What's good for one role is good for all, no?
    Edited by redspecter23 on August 1, 2015 12:45AM
  • slumber_sandb16_ESO
    slumber_sandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave it as it is at least for pve. Since this is supposed to be a pvp thing then make it only have effect in pvp against players or something.

Or if its added then give one handed and shield skills a 100% bonus to damage when not blocking. If my defense is going down then push up offense to compensate.
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    52 votes so far, lets keep the ball rolling, thanks for everyone's input so far!
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    It needs to be applied only to PVP.
  • Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    The change to 0 regen is a great idea for pvp, but bad for pve.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is based purely on my experience tanking a single dungeon on PTS, but while I found the change to stamina regen while blocking difficult to always keep in mind, so I ended up holding down block more than I should have, and ran out of stamina more than I'm used to, I actually really enjoyed tanking with these mechanics. It felt more engaging somehow, like I had to pay more attention to what I was doing in order to be effective. Between that and the change to taunts, tanking just felt more dynamic than I'm used to. It's going to take some getting used to, for sure, but I think good tanks will adjust more quickly than they realize.

Again, though, this is just based on tanking during a single dungeon run. But it was fun. :D
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Oh woops, wrong option -.-

For some reason I read "leave it as it is on PTS"

Decimus confirmed closet RMB tape-downer!!!
    Edited by Isbilen on August 1, 2015 5:48AM
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    I think meeting at the middle with 50% is good.
    Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

"Whoever said crime doesn't pay clearly hasn't met Azu." -@Sloris
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unjustified ubernerfs like "0 stamina regen while blocking" happens when ZOS listens to 1% of blase elite, gross on CP and best gear who will advocate for changes just because "they will adapt" ignoring the fact that beside their own faces, there is 99% of community left.

There is no problem when ZOS decides to give new hard and difficult content to people who are bored with everything there is currently.

But there is a BIG PROBLEM when ZOS decides to ubernerf evey tank in ESO just to artificially make every old content difficult, with an unjustified nerf to the core part of every party. Nerfing tanks and their stamina regen. By doing so they ignore the whole playerbase who does not have perfect skills, perfect gear and perfect cookie cutter builds and didnt grind their teeths down on earning CP.

Im terrified that so far, only feedback to player concerns that ZOS gave, is ALWAYS related to IC PVP content, TV stones and all things related to PVP.

It seems that even ZOS forgot that beside IC, this update also contains a "base game patch" that changes a lot of things, and some of them, just like ubernerf to stamina regen, is not necessary and unjustified. And they are not reacting in any visible way to feedback of those who are most hurt with this nerf, the real tanks of ESO (not fake tanks, dpses with sword and board and damage builds).

And only justification they give is that "they want to make tanking more attactive" and some mysterious dev team apparently "tested all old content and declared its playable". Apparently zos thinks tanking is boring? Well this is false, just like many people proved with anti "0 stam regen" threads. Not to mention that in ZOS QA video, the devs who played it..... noone was actually tanking.

To everyone claiming that tanking is boring. Tanking right now in live is nothing near boring.

They are usually the last one standing when whole group goes down. They are capable of resing people even if attacked by multiple mobs while standing in AOE. They can survive alone long enough to charge an ultimate with high damage shield (leap or magma shell) and bring whole party back to game.

But not anymore. Thanks to ZOS "0 stamina regen while blocking" now every bit of tank stamina will be precious and spent only on blocking attacks. No more rolling, no more dodging, no more sprinting to save party members who went down.
    Only NOW thanks to "0 stamina regen while blocking" nerf, tanking will become boring and will be reduced to
    - block, taunt, stick your eyes to stamina meter to see when you are about to die, try to throw in heavy attack for stam regen-> too bad there was lag and one of 5 mobs attacking you got his attack trought -> you are dead

If you think its not true, and you still are a tank then you probably spent last 50 dungeon runs with your special selected group of perfect DPSes and Healers doing your perfect runs and your group chat was full of "FTC report player X on enemy Y DPS OVER 10/20/30k!!". This is not tanking, its tagging along. It just asks itself, what is the true reason why some people claim that tanking is boring, and maybe its quite opposite, maybe its because the DPS are overfeed and have so high damage.

Also to everyone claiming this game is too easy. Maybe if you didnt spent last months farming CP after CP, getting best possible gear and running every dungeon in your perfect group of friends, maybe then you wouldnt complain after running vet banished cells that "OMGIENOE CONTENT TOO EASY". Look how silly you look when after so much experience you claim something became too easy, while you think only in the category of "Me and myself". This is plain selfish. Try running a 100% pug with people who never been in that dungeon, see how "boring" tanking is.

Not to mention second false accusation that people are using to advocate for this unjustified nerf, the false statement "Tanks are OP in PVP" and "blockcasting". Some people apparently think everyone who wears sword and board is a tank. I dont have to explain how wrong is that. A full magicka/stam dps build just because he equips sword and board, he is not a tank. It seems the only reason why people complain about tanks in PVP is the fact that overgrown ego of PVPers cant stand the fact that someone survived their "must die one hit KO" assassination attempt. So now they are ganking on forums for true PVE tanks and try to do everything to push this unjustified nerf to live server.

Thanks to the last, PVP DPS see a personal gain in making sure that every tank in ESO will be crippled with unjustified nerf. So we will see a lot of people voting here who have nothing to do with tanking but they will vote just vote for what is good for them and giggle at others misfortune, making tanks even more miserable in PVP than they are now (they only thing tanks have in pvp is defence, and now even this is being taken away). Not to mention people who live with illusion that they are tanks (while they have DPS build and just wear off sword and board), and last but not least people who have nothing to do with tanking, never tanked and they just say what they think they see.

• Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to hear from tanks that have tested this in Vdsa and/or Trials. I'd also like to hear from healers, if they are more taxed in those scenarios. I tanked White Tower but I need to tank a few more dungeons before i can give my answer.

edit typo
    Edited by Osteos on August 1, 2015 7:20AM
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to hear from tanks that have tested this in Vdsa and/or Trials. I'd also like to hear from healers, if they are more taxed in those scenarios. I tanked White Tower but I need to tank a few more dungeons before i can give my answer.

edit typo

Here is opinion of a tank who did trials on PTS, i extracted it from deleted topic

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2092385/#Comment_2092385
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of these threads but I'll post how bad of an idea for PvE this is in every one of them. Make it part of the battle buff in Cyrodiil and don't fix what isn't broken in PvE. The biggest issue is that magicka users are little effected by this. They are not having their gas used up for how they attack. If I may plug my opinion on blocking http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/201148/an-idea-on-blocking-for-staff-wielders#latest
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Aevric
    Aevric
    ✭✭✭
    No stamina regen while blocking in PvP zones, allow it in PvE zones.
    Problem solved.
  • Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Current state of PTS blocking stamina regen reduction makes magicka users get destroyed in PvP. Blocking is useless for us. Roll dodge is useless. Anything that isn't shield stacking is useless.

If they keep blocking at 0% regen, we're dead in anything beyond a 1v1, whereas Stamina users can last significantly longer... If ZoS wants balance, they need some regen.

If they're worried about permablocking damage dealers, then just give a major debuff to damage while blocking with a shield. Problem freaking solved.
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    Tank And Spank - DragonKnight
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think a damage debuff while blocking is a much better alternative then no regen. I remember tanking in PvP (actual tanking) where i didnt do anything really except utility and self healing and that was my playstyle for a couple weeks and i see many people running around in heavy armour and just being tanks and not *** damage. Im sure a damage debuff would not hurt them in the slightest but this would.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the crazy awesome Top 2% of PvE tanks will be able to handle this change, and likely will enjoy the added challenge. But most tanks will have a huge amount of trouble with this. I think it will end up making it much harder to get groups together as a lot of quite good, but not necessarily elite, tanks will just not be viable. Tanks are already probably the hardest role to fill, and that will just get worse.

I am not talking PUGs with tanks in green vendor trash standing in the red and using text chat. I am talking your dedicated guilds who are in TS every night and are very good, clearing VDSA and Sanctum, but not amongst those handful of guilds fighting for the tops of the leaderboards and speed records. The guilds who might have 3 VDSA groups going simultaneously on weekend nights, fighting to just barely break into the Weekly Leaderboard, but will be reduced to 1 group because there is only 1 tank in the guild who can handle this change.

That is going to be very discouraging. And there are a lot of guilds like that!
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did Zeni say why they are doing this? Isn't the problem block-casting, which Zeni should fix by preventing casting when holding block? Or is there more to it..
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.