The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make Mannimarco harder!

Bash-ley
Bash-ley
✭✭✭
I have just finished the boss fight against Mannimarco as a level 40 sorc tank... I found it far too easy! FYI I'm not bragging, I'm average at this game and I haven't gone out my way to make an OP build; I pick most of my skills based on what I think my character would use. I have just upgraded my armor and haven't got around to enchanting it, and I didn't use any consumables. despite this I took next to no damage (kinda understandable as a tank I guess) but also killed him very quick just using standard attacks with a sword and board and occasional use of Puncture, which is odd.

This is my first play through and on the PS4, so I'm not particularly experienced, I was just expecting to die a few times (didn't die once) before I got to know his mechanics, much like boss fights in other games.

I guess some people would start winging if it was difficult; I guess its nice to feel powerful but I was left a little disappointed!

Does anyone else agree?
Edited by Bash-ley on July 31, 2015 6:47PM
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannimarco used to be actually scary back in beta/1.0, but due to too many players complaining that he was too difficult, he got nerfed badly (Same with Doshia, Gutsripper, Duchess of Torment and Molag Bal). Nowadays, he is pretty much just a pushover.

Same logic applies with the VR zones. You used to need to be extremely skilled to solo the VR zones, otherwise you needed a group. Nowadays, mobs in the VR zones just die in one hit :/
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    He used to be one of the hardest bosses in the main quest... I haven't fought him recently, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was reduced to the ferocity of a newborn kitten.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    He used to be one of the hardest bosses in the main quest... I haven't fought him recently, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was reduced to the ferocity of a newborn kitten.

I ran an alt. I was dissapointed to say the least.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah...I just levelled a new alt to 48 and I've got to say...nothing in normal PvE/Story mode is difficult.

I think this new toon has only died once from 1-48 and that was because of a huge lag spike.

Does kind of make me nostalgic for the days when you had to plan for boss fights. Now I just charge in with zero expectation of difficulty.
  • Bash-ley
    Bash-ley
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why people *** and moan when they come to a part of a game that is a bit difficult... Do they not understand the sense of accomplishment when you FINALLY finish a tough boss fight?
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they want easy mode for everything, when they've done the pve they then try pvp and die alot. To which means it's not them, it must be other players are op and require nerfing.

I'm a big destiny fan on ps4, it's ridiculous that every gun is op, every class is op and pvp is too hard apparently. When you check their profile to find out they have negative k/d ratios it's no surprise.

They've nerfed every raid boss and strike boss multiple times as people complained anything more than a 10 minute fight is too hard.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add, I'm new on here, I made an orc dk, tried pvp at level 20 and get ruined repeatedly. Now.I'm 35 and have seen a few builds ideas, I'm able to hold myself 1v1 (maybe not great because I'm still lacking good gear) but it's not others being op. It's me needing to spend time and learning the game.
  • Bash-ley
    Bash-ley
    ✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    To add, I'm new on here, I made an orc dk, tried pvp at level 20 and get ruined repeatedly. Now.I'm 35 and have seen a few builds ideas, I'm able to hold myself 1v1 (maybe not great because I'm still lacking good gear) but it's not others being op. It's me needing to spend time and learning the game.

You're completely Right, I just don't get the whole concept of "too hard". Games are supposed to be a challenge, or in my opinion there is no game!
    Edited by Bash-ley on August 2, 2015 7:23AM
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kids, they don't want to put the work into games. If they can't beat it first try it's too hard.
  • Bash-ley
    Bash-ley
    ✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    It's kids, they don't want to put the work into games. If they can't beat it first try it's too hard.

Kids these days don't know how easy they have it. When I was a lad I'd spend hours trying to beat a boss on Crash Bandicoot! Back then games didn't have updates, you bought a game and then that was it!