Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Some things to make Cadwell's Silver & Gold more bearable.

• kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vil wrote: »
    Being forced to do this on all my characters is actually what's stopping me from levelling past 50 and constantly making me think about quitting ESO. I hear you OP

Neither is truly mandatory, Silver is a bit mandatory just because grinding in Gold is more efficient.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]

Neither is at all mandatory at all. If you've got ANY DLC you have access to better grid spots than any in Silver/Gold. And if you don't have DLC you've always got Crackedwood Cave.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest flaw for me personally, is how empty they are. You meet no new people WHATSOEVER. It's a lonely single player experience through 90% of the content, and I absolutely hate it.

Allow us to see people from all factions damn it.

They can't show all the people in that zone, because they will be fighting different enemies. E.g. in glenumbra, the DCs are Lvl 1-10, the EPs are VR1 and the ADs are VR5 - with enemies scaled accordingly.

They don't even show all the people in your alliance in your zone - because of phasing.

To be honest, I mostly play solo - so I quite like it. Nothing more annoying than approaching a boss, only to have them killed by someone else as you draw your sword.

Can;t deny that i've had my life saved a few times as well...
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    I actually love Cadwell's Silver and Gold, and would be very upset if they removed them.

However, I completely understand why some people hate feeling forced to level through through areas, and very much agree that there should be other equally viable options for progressing through the VR levels.

VR Levels are supposedly being removed in a few months, so this entire thread may be a moot point.

BUT, it would be AWESOME to have some juicy-er rewards for completion!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    So apparently this terrible excuse for "end game" isn't going away any time soon nor is it being replaced by anything that would be a viable alternative to the horror we all know as Cadwell's Silver and Gold. So here's a few ideas on making it....not so awful.

1. Allow players to choose which zone they unlock first as Silver. All my characters are DC. This means Silver for me is AD. No offense you snobby Altmers and insane, "Are you....eating a SALAD? DIE!!!" Bosmers but I REALLY hate that faction. I love Elswhyr and getting to learn about the khajiit but overall the idea of dragging yet another character through that zone makes me want to run amuck at ZoS headquarters with a rusty chainsaw. And the real agony is that because you HAVE TO DO ALL THEIR MAIN STORY QUESTS you can't just grind to get the heck out of there! In fact, grinding will not help you AT ALL. You can pop double XP potions and overlevel yourself all you want...you are not escaping from Cadwell's Silver one second earlier. Now, once you get to Gold there's nothing left to unlock so you can pretty much just do whatever you want there to level. You can even IGNORE their Main Story quests because not doing them will not adversely affect you at all. So you can grind or explore the fun side quests as this is just now a few more levelling zones. Please ZoS, for the love of all that is holy, let me chose EP as my Silver zone.

2. Remove the Main Story quests requirement for both factions. Just let us grind or do interesting side quests that maybe don't have us turning traitor to our own faction and level just as we did in our own faction for 1-50. Just don't MAKE us do those quests to get the heck out of there. This doesn't negate Cadwell's premise of having us "see the other side" at all, it still lets us see the war from the perspective of the other side without having to kiss Ayrenn's arse. Is that really so much to ask?

3. Just open up both factions at once. Scale all quests to level and be done with it.

Any or all of these things would make things sooooo much better.

Because this was necro'ed I hope to only point out the last missing update which i think is one of the most important parts of this suggestion @ZOS_RichLambert

While at it....if this is something you all will change, lets involve Craglorn with this same methodology and update. I mean hey..VR is going away soon right
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    I left the game right after launch (when my 30 free days were up), and just recently came back for the theives guild DLC. I hit v1 right before the anniversary event, and have leveled to v7 (during the event), just by crisscrossing through the other faction's zones and hitting all the places I could explore and doing the dolmen, world bosses, and public dungeons.

I have done very few quests (only the few occasional ones I wanted to do inside a public dungeon when there was one to do), and am now getting ready to bounce to whatever zone hits my fancy to start doing some quests. I'm not doing any of the zones in a linear way at all. I'm going to just pick a zone and start questing. But now I'm wondering.. am I missing something I should be doing or am I doing this all wrong?

There is a main path through the alliances:
    AD: Auridon (Start at Vulkhels Guard), Grahtwood, Greenshade, The one above Greenshade?, The other one.
    DC: Glenumbra (Start at Daggerfall), Stormhaven, Rivenspire, Alik'r Desert, Bangkorai
    EP: Stonefalls (Start at Davon's Watch), Deshaan, Shadowfen, Eastmarch, the Rift

Also, all of the starter cities I indicated will contain someone who will take you to an island which is where the quests really start.

Each of the main alliance storylines will have you clearing about 5-8 of the locations on the map - the others are side quests. But once you clear the starter city, the game will suggest where you should go next. I would recommend doing it this way at least the first time you play the zones, as some of the storytelling is really good.

Then you clean up the sidequests for fun / achievements / experience.

Thank you for your helpful response! I will try going through Glenumbra first I guess. My first love in any game is exploring.. so that is why as soon as I hit v1 I just set out and ran through all the zones doing the exploring part first.. and now that I have all those zones fully explored.. I can take my time and run through the quests. I'm looking forward to it. :)