Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Some things to make Cadwell's Silver & Gold more bearable.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spoqster wrote: »
    My preferred solution would be to remove the vet ranks so that 50 is max level and all of Cadwells zones are level 50. Also silver and gold should be unlocked at the same time and silver should not be a prerequisite for gold.

That way the extra content will feel like a bonus rather than a burden and people will enjoy it more.

So all of this! This would be a GREAT solution as long as Cadwell's is going to continue at all. Stop locking stuff behind walls ZoS! If I can freely explore the other lands "incognito" and chose which quests I want to do and skip the ones I don't then I'd be perfectly happy. And I'd probably actually DO a lot more quests!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Morvul wrote: »
    quoting for truth!

I personally loved catwell's Silver and Gold the first play through! genuinly loved the option to see the other alliances content on my main char.

What I don't like, is that Silver and Gold content is part of the "primary leveling path" - I would prefer it as optional content.
    In my "ideal version of ESO" :wink: , one would level 1-50 normally - and then the whole game would open up: players could immediately partake in endgame group content without first having to somehow gain 10+ veteran levels. Or if they don't feel like doing group content, they could do cadwells as an alternative (instead of the current prerequisite).

The easiest way of archieving this situation, in my opinion, is to simply cut out veteran levels 1-10 from the game. That way after leveling 1-50 and turning vet1, players could go to lower craglorn to experience vet 1 and 2 content. vet 1 players could also imideately partake in the "old" dungeons scaled to vet2 (currently vet12). The current vet 13-14 content (upper craglor, city of ash) would be turned into vet 4 content: slightly abouve a fresh vet1 player - but not out of reach either. The planned vet16 contend would be released as vet 6 contend instead...

In paralell, Cadwells silver could be rescaled to vet1-2, and cadwells gold to 3-4. Then also please introduce Cadwells platinum (your own alliance rescaled to vet 5-6) :smiley: .

Since all of that cadwell stuff is then optional content to be run paralell to endgame group content - insead of the current prerequisite content needing to be run to actually reach endgame - difficulty can also be readjusted up to the tough times it presented closer to launch. This way dedicated solo players can be kept entertained with challenging content.

TLDR: cut out 10 vet levels from the game: everything currently vet 12 turns into vet 2, everything currently vet 14 turns into vet4. Have cadwell's silver and gold as a parrallell/alternative vet 1-4 activity to vet 1-4 craglorn and dungeons.
    I am hoping the planned removal of Vet Ranks results in something like this.

you and me both
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant believe that no level scalding or level downscaling and being able to do old quests in old zones isnt available yet,I wish i could return to some quests to help friends who are at lower levels,Also wish the grouping were better so that the quests actually was more doable as a group,I dont want to stand and wait 5 minutes to pick up something becouse my groupfriend already picked it up.

Quests need to share,In my opinion all solo instances should be group friendly,make it harder if you must
  • Calandrae
    Calandrae
    ✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Tamriel is very much like our own world, perhaps people don't want to see that and wish to escape to a 'fantasy realm' and not have our own reality appear- but I like how Tamriel reflects a lot of our own world and forces us to ask questions of ourselves as players and our own morals.

My personal dislike of AD has nothing to do with morals or social justice etc. I simply cannot stand the level design and visuals of the Bosmer zones. They feel claustrophobic to me, I constantly get lost and feel the need for fresh air. Even though it's only a game!

I have done the questline once now with my VR14 - in fact I have done all questlines. I don't like that I'm forced to repeat them in order to even gain access to EP zones with any alts.

Edited by Calandrae on July 11, 2015 2:12PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    My preferred solution would be to remove the vet ranks so that 50 is max level and all of Cadwells zones are level 50. Also silver and gold should be unlocked at the same time and silver should not be a prerequisite for gold.

That way the extra content will feel like a bonus rather than a burden and people will enjoy it more.

So all of this! This would be a GREAT solution as long as Cadwell's is going to continue at all. Stop locking stuff behind walls ZoS! If I can freely explore the other lands "incognito" and chose which quests I want to do and skip the ones I don't then I'd be perfectly happy. And I'd probably actually DO a lot more quests!

I suspect that if you search hard enough, you will find forum posts going back more than a year with this suggestion. I would not hold my breath. At least, not in any area that has laws against suicide. :wink:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /lurk

Pls add level scaling and level downscaling and being able to do old quests in old zones so we can play with friends who are at a lower level
  • VilhelmValhalla4
    VilhelmValhalla4
    ✭✭✭

My personal dislike of AD has nothing to do with morals or social justice etc. I simply cannot stand the level design and visuals of the Bosmer zones. They feel claustrophobic to me, I constantly get lost and feel the need for fresh air. Even though it's only a game!

I have done the questline once now with my VR14 - in fact I have done all questlines. I don't like that I'm forced to repeat them in order to even gain access to EP zones with any alts.

Speaking of AD, does it seem that (at least in Auridon) the sky is constantly grey and cloudy? Every time I play there, it always looks like its about to rain, but never does.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Now see, it's just the opposite for me. Not a big fan of Deshaan or Shadowfen and the Alik'r desert is just blah. Those forests feel like home to me but then, I live in the Pacific Northwest.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition, Coldharbour, Craiglorn and anything that is group instanced (especially undaunted dailies) should be cross faction. It would give more meaning to Cadwell's message about the player being a hero of Tamriel now that Molag Bal is gone there are other threats.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought they should have made coldharbour and craglorn all-factions cooperative zones to begin with... oh, well, chance missed, it still would be cool if they were to "refit" this someday...
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /lurk

Rich be like:
    sOH48.jpg
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should have just made Cadwell's Silver and Gold unique to the faction you're in. For a quick example: maybe AD goes to where the Maomer call home (Pyandonea) and a few islands around Summerset Isle and throw in a random area in Elsweyr and you have the AD vet zone. EP maybe you have an area in Black Marsh, Solstheim and maybe an area in Morrowind like Blacklight or Vvardenfell. DC maybe you have part of The Reach (Western Skyrim in the 4th Era), Isle of Balfiera, throw in some random islands as well like "The Chain" Vandor and/or Roscrea.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect that if you search hard enough, you will find forum posts going back more than a year with this suggestion. I would not hold my breath. At least, not in any area that has laws against suicide. :wink:
    Yeah, and one of those is probably Morna's anyway :stuck_out_tongue: (and another would be mine :D)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

Yeah, and one of those is probably Morna's anyway :stuck_out_tongue: (and another would be mine :D)

And here we are, many of us still subscription paying folk, holding out for a better, more enjoyable game after all this time. My personal "deadline" for ZoS to get this game moving in the right direction is Xmas. I'm not saying all the things I want need to be in by then, but there had better be some great new, easily accessible, content and the game needs to be on track towards the improvements so many of us have been begging for since launch.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    They should have just made Cadwell's Silver and Gold unique to the faction you're in...
    ...which would neatly defeat much of the very purpose of the whole idea. After all, Cadwells isn't just to take you from V1 to V11, its also to let people who don't like alts experience -all- the story content, and to let characters get All the lorebooks, skyshards, quest skill points, etc.

Now... additional faction-specific content I'd gladly welcome with open arms and running characters! Though considering how much development time all that takes... I expect anything else they will make from now on will be "all factions", either like coldharbour and craglorn now (each faction gets their own version), or like cyrodil (PvP-tastic), or maybe someday we'll even get some "all-flags cooperative" maps to play in (like at least coldharbour should have been)... time will tell.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    They should have just made Cadwell's Silver and Gold unique to the faction you're in...
    ...which would neatly defeat much of the very purpose of the whole idea. After all, Cadwells isn't just to take you from V1 to V11, its also to let people who don't like alts experience -all- the story content, and to let characters get All the lorebooks, skyshards, quest skill points, etc.

While I do agree I was just laying down an example, doesn't have to be called Cadwell's Silver/Gold. I also agree that it is nice to not have to roll EP or DC to experience those questlines but the fact remains that for the most part the VR zones are a boring grind that about maybe 5% of the games population quest through.

I can imagine ZOS could get creative and make good storylines that could have it still called Cadwell's Silver/Gold like he sends you to the "first" vr zone and you must stop the Worm Cult from freeing Mannimarco and the desperate Maomer call the Altmer for help when the Cult lays down base in their home, then the second one he sends you to has a Daedric Prince trying to take over where Molag failed, third could be whatever storyline wise.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the end of gold, your character faces a new and terrible boss.

108973.alfabetajuega-jar-jar-binks-050515.jpg
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    TESO is not a "go anywhere, do anything" sandbox/ exploration game.
    Then perhaps not call it "Tamriel Unlimited"?

I just turned VR1 and was sent to Stonefalls. Prior to this character, I had started in Stonefalls before I started a new character and choosing AD to start.

As far as the OP goes, yes, I would have preferred the option of where to go rather than being forced to go to Stonefalls. Not that I wouldn't mind doing it again, but a break would have been nice.

All I wanted to do was go to The Rift, because it's been "calling me" since this game was released. I tried going there once, but I was level 12 and the enemies were in the 40s. I highly doubt I would have made it to Riften without a truckload of soul gems, so I bailed.

Perhaps this will be my reward for having to do Stonefalls again.

Between the two, I feel AD had the better story. Looking forward to the last story, should I ever get there. :\
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me, i dont mind doing all the quests, but the part that really gets under my skin is doing it for the other factions. How can i take Cyrodiil seriously when your characters loyalty is so shady you can find comfort from the sun in it.
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!

• Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A complaint I've heard about Cadwell's Gold for DC players is that you spend most of Bleakrock, Bal Foyen, and Stonefalls fighting Covenant soldiers. So I came up with an RP to make it a bit easier for us DC.

What if Serien and his forces are part of a plot to get the Vestige, now a spy/double agent, into the Pact and gain their trust?
    Serien's a necromancer, as we see in Stonefalls. Hell, some of his forces are even undead. Based on how necromancers are treated in the Covenant, he'd normally be arrested, his troops killed or arrested too. But what if the Ring of Daggers saw a better use for them?
    Step 1) Have him invade the Stonefalls. This plan, taken at face value, makes no sense at all. What value is there in this region? Serien and Conelle only learn about the Brothers of Strife after they arrive. Regardless, this invasion weakens the Pact by killing troops, burning villages, etc.
    Step 2) Send the Vestige with them.
    Step 3) Have Vestige help the Pact defeat Serien's forces.
    For one, the Vestige gains the Pact's trust to further infiltrate them, for two they eliminate traitors within the Covenant, and lastly you weaken the Pact. With this, the Covenant kill 3 birds with one stone.

Hope this helps for you DC players who dislike Cadwell's Gold for this reason.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on July 25, 2015 11:27AM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a DC player, I prefer to think of that just in terms of eliminating traitors. Joining the Pact to do so is a necessary step in defeating a rogue general who is operating outside of Covenant laws.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am enjoying silver and expect the same for gold. However, they have ruined any desire I might have had to make a new character in another faction since I really do not want to go through everything again. Once is enough.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't mind going through it for the first time with my character, but with my alts is painful.

I am doing it though.... slowly, painfully, almost unwillingly. Because it is the only way i know how to level my alts that doesn't take forever, and because the skillpoints I need are all locked behind main quests and cadwells gold.
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't read through all the ideas in here. But what would improve cadwells almanac immensely would be a better reason to go to the other zones. Furthermore have you at Zenimax Online, ever thought of phasing the zones we have and add new content to it? So if you reach level 50 you get kind of a VR version of the zones you know. With new quests. Or follow up quests for those you done already.

Most of your zones are so beautifully crafted, we should be able to get more out of it. It would be a good option to improve content without rebuilding entire zones. Because, the thing that makes a zone exciting are the stories. Also you could easily fill new dungeons in remote spaces, or maybe let us revisit originally destroyed zones that returned to normal. Or maybe help NPCs with rebuilding by gathering and hunting dailies. Or tie in some of the writs.

Of course I don't know how easy those things are to implement. But it seems to me that it would be much easier to improve and build up on existing content, and still keep it exciting. It would also give unsubscribed players some more things to do.

My thoughts on the matter :).

As for Cadwells: You really should give us a better reason to go there. Even if it is to hunt down rogue elements of our own faction. Or earning the trust of the other faction leaders, to unite them against Molag Bals Planemeld. Or to protect the guilds from small minded politicks. There is a lot of stuff that could make us Ambassadors or spies and also Heroes.
    Edited by Pendrillion on July 25, 2015 1:00PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For people who like questing... The zones covered by Cadwell are best done by a character native to the Alliance that can enjoy the full main quest, zone quest, and side quests in each area. Cadwell, if done at all, should only be done secondary to a main character native to the Alliance. Cadwell is like a summary quest line, suitable for people who have little tolerance for questing and less tolerance for grinding XP, and people who are OK with repeating quests.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ShadowThief3384
    I apparently an awful person because while I'm allied with AD, I don't feel any sort of betrayal for doing stuff in other factions. like, there aren't any consequences, so who cares?

I'm doing Cadwell's silver now and I think one of my few complaints is that I feel like I'm overwhelmed with the number of quests. I feel like when I was first starting out, the main quest and side quests were more spaced out? maybe just me... My other complaint is that I can't learn new crafting skills (or at least, I haven't figured out how to). Other than that I'm having a blast exploring a new area and progressing my skills. As beautiful as Auridon is, I spent so much time there doing quests and writs, I have little to no interest in going back. I love the new landscapes of Stonefalls and the Rift
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I left the game right after launch (when my 30 free days were up), and just recently came back for the theives guild DLC. I hit v1 right before the anniversary event, and have leveled to v7 (during the event), just by crisscrossing through the other faction's zones and hitting all the places I could explore and doing the dolmen, world bosses, and public dungeons.

I have done very few quests (only the few occasional ones I wanted to do inside a public dungeon when there was one to do), and am now getting ready to bounce to whatever zone hits my fancy to start doing some quests. I'm not doing any of the zones in a linear way at all. I'm going to just pick a zone and start questing. But now I'm wondering.. am I missing something I should be doing or am I doing this all wrong?
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was really fun on my first character. I dragged my second through Silver just to unlock Gold, and did not enjoy most of it.

As much as any dialog with Razum-Dar wass entertaining, I disliked Stibbens and his mistress. Darren ( if I remember correctly his name) was just a cheap shot macho, and I would not enjoy that character's company neither in game nor in real life.

The idea that I have to go through that on my new vr characters just to unlock more akyshards in Gold is terrifying.
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I left the game right after launch (when my 30 free days were up), and just recently came back for the theives guild DLC. I hit v1 right before the anniversary event, and have leveled to v7 (during the event), just by crisscrossing through the other faction's zones and hitting all the places I could explore and doing the dolmen, world bosses, and public dungeons.

I have done very few quests (only the few occasional ones I wanted to do inside a public dungeon when there was one to do), and am now getting ready to bounce to whatever zone hits my fancy to start doing some quests. I'm not doing any of the zones in a linear way at all. I'm going to just pick a zone and start questing. But now I'm wondering.. am I missing something I should be doing or am I doing this all wrong?

There is a main path through the alliances:
    AD: Auridon (Start at Vulkhels Guard), Grahtwood, Greenshade, The one above Greenshade?, The other one.
    DC: Glenumbra (Start at Daggerfall), Stormhaven, Rivenspire, Alik'r Desert, Bangkorai
    EP: Stonefalls (Start at Davon's Watch), Deshaan, Shadowfen, Eastmarch, the Rift

Also, all of the starter cities I indicated will contain someone who will take you to an island which is where the quests really start.

Each of the main alliance storylines will have you clearing about 5-8 of the locations on the map - the others are side quests. But once you clear the starter city, the game will suggest where you should go next. I would recommend doing it this way at least the first time you play the zones, as some of the storytelling is really good.

Then you clean up the sidequests for fun / achievements / experience.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • demonaffinity
    demonaffinity
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest flaw for me personally, is how empty they are. You meet no new people WHATSOEVER. It's a lonely single player experience through 90% of the content, and I absolutely hate it.

Allow us to see people from all factions damn it.